It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Point Blank: Is there a God, why and why not?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I can't belive how arrogant human beings are in the face of nature. We think we know it all and that just because we dont have proof of God, makes it somehow not true.

You people are the ones that still believe that the earth is flat. God is true, your the fish living in a fish tank and you don't even know it.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
if there was a singularity entity at some point in "time" , it/he/she/them? aint here no more, we are the variation it brought forth,

it was once whole, now it is withinn us all,

god is dead long live man

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Point Blank: Is there a God, why and why not?

How the hell could one know?

Maybe there's a man sitting in heaven, or maybe a woman or even both, nor either. Maybe the universe is individual, inseparable yet so many in it's manifestation.

Maybe we are all part of God - whatever that is. Maybe there is no God at all, just laws that are the cause of current manifestation of existence. Maybe everything is merely an conception of irrational mind. Could be that everything is illusion, even if we perceive it.

What do you know? What do I know? We do not know nothing. In my opinion, it is best just live on and see what life has to offer - once I die, I'll find out if I go to hell, or merely decompose in order so that new life can grow.

Sincerely,

-v

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I can't belive how arrogant human beings are in the face of nature.
We think we know it all
God is true

Well said! Arrogance at it's best! I could not think of a better example myself.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Yet your the one assuming that a Creator is not existent?

We're are but actors on a stage and the sad thing is people believe the stage is where it started and where it will end when merely it is but a blink of an eye.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Psychonaughty

Yet your the one assuming that a Creator is not existent?

I don't discredit the possibility of a God like entity or fifty-nine God like entities. I only discredit every man made invented concept that procures no evidence for that invented concept, which just happens to include every man made invented concept.

We're are but actors on a stage and the sad thing is people believe the stage is where it started and where it will end when merely it is but a blink of an eye.

Like this invented concept. You have no evidence for it and you argue for it contradictorily.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Indeed, man made religions quite the contrary of a authentic explanation to the wildly argued idea of creation and it's reputable creator.

Most religions are used to control the masses, divide people, and cause a stir in conciousness alike. Unfortunatley.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psychonaughty
reply to post by sirnex

Indeed, man made religions quite the contrary of a authentic explanation to the wildly argued idea of creation and it's reputable creator.

Most religions are used to control the masses, divide people, and cause a stir in conciousness alike. Unfortunatley.

It's not just the religions I have a problem with. It's every man made invented concept without evidence and proof. it says a lot about a persons intellect when they will readily believe anything without evidence or proof. I won't readily accept what you have to put forth because you lack evidence and your idea has been contradictory in nature right from the beginning. With those two flaws, how I can take your idea seriously? It's like demanding I believe in a talking usb stick that craps out banana splits at five PM every saturday.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
A lie is still a lie wether everyone believes it, and the truth is still the truth wether no one believes it. If someone claims God does NOT exist,ask him to prove it. It must include a claim to know everything, for if you do not know everything, you cannot disprove God.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bargoose

You only need to post it in one thread.

Second line.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

We're are not linear beings, instead we are paradoxial beings therefor it may seem hypocritical.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

reply to post by sirnex

We're are not linear beings, instead we are paradoxial beings therefor it may seem hypocritical.

I would have to ask you to prove that claim. Do you have any evidence for that statement or did you just come up with that statement as a way to explain away your contradictory arguments?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Twice because your phrase can be re-worded to work the opposite way which may be of interest to people working other threads

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bargoose
Twice because your phrase can be re-worded to work the opposite way which may be of interest to people working other threads

I actually reworded it from someone else, you just changed it back lol.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Tell me this without thinking about time; do you feel like you go about your life in a linear fashion? Do your problems start and end in a linear fashion?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

reply to post by sirnex

Tell me this without thinking about time; do you feel like you go about your life in a linear fashion? Do your problems start and end in a linear fashion?

Yes, I experience thing's linearly. Again, I ask; Do you have any evidence for what you previously stated?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

So a problem emerges, and than it ends? It doesn't keep reappearing in different fashions? Really think hard about it.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

reply to post by sirnex

So a problem emerges, and than it ends? It doesn't keep reappearing in different fashions? Really think hard about it.

I think your going to have to give me an example here. Every effect is preceded by a cause, i have never had the opposite happen to me lol.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Everything is a catalyst to learn a certain lesson throughout your life.

For example your dog dies.

Problem - Dog dies, mourning process.... You get over it. Than it comes around again another thought or sad mourning feeling over that dog. Than it comes again. You don't simply just get over it, but each time that thought comes around you are better with handling it.

Like a shell as it grows, each time hitting a certain point but stronger and larger against that certain point as it grows.

Like this: personal.denison.edu...

We are beings of paradoxial situations and catalysts; teaching ourselves lessons, even more so if we pay attention to every detail of our life and the catalysts that emerge you begin to understand lessons that are being taught to you, by sub concious self....of course.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by Psychonaughty]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Psychonaughty

Everything is a catalyst to learn a certain lesson throughout your life.

What lesson was I supposed to learn from blowing up ant hills with firecrackers?

Problem - Dog dies, mourning process.... You get over it. Than it comes around again another thought or sad mourning feeling over that dog. Than it comes again. You don't simply just get over it, but each time that thought comes around you are better with handling it.

To be perfectly honest, I have never mourned over the death of any pet or any family member. Thing's die, no amount of mourning is going to fix the problem, so why bother mourning?

We are beings of paradoxial situations and catalysts; teaching ourselves lessons, even more so if we pay attention to every detail of our life and the catalysts that emerge you begin to understand lessons that are being taught to you, by sub concious self....of course.

Your example possibly only speaks for some,but certainly not for all, such as myself. I don't view every little aspect of life as some great grand lesson that needs to be learned. Thing's happen followed by other thing's that happen and you take each day as it comes.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join