It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Point Blank: Is there a God, why and why not?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

The mourning of a death was an example.

I only hope you would better try to understand why you are here and what you are doing, because YOUR the one who chose this incarnation believe it or not. Proof? YOUR the proof.

[edit on 6-11-2009 by Psychonaughty]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Psychonaughty

The mourning of a death was an example.

It wasn't a very good example in my opinion and did very little to help out your argument.

I only hope you would better try to understand why you are here

Because my mom and dad had sex.

and what you are doing,

So far, I've been living; but I suppose that depends on your definition of living. I would rather do thing's more simplistically rather than forced to live accordingly to the majority of societal rules and laws given to me by people who don't even know I exist.

because YOUR the one who chose this incarnation believe it or not.

I disagree, I have no recollection of consciously choosing for my mom and dad to have sex.

Proof? YOUR the proof.

I think I refuted that proof with the above statement.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
I believe there is a creator God. My view is that He is everything that IS, rolled up into one. He's the cosmos, man, subatomic particles, gravity, all that stuff are characteristics of Him. I like to think of the biblical Holy Trinity (yes I believe in that also) as God's holy DNA, and our universe and everything in it are characteristic offshoots from that DNA.

My piture of the creator can I suppose be analogous with a puzzle. God is the overall puzzle, all pieces combined, whether pieced together or not, it is still complete. Everything in the universe, small and large, is an individual PIECE of the puzzle.

A2D

I agree 100%. If anyone believes in God, they would have to believe this entity is actually all matter (including your body and mind) in the entire seen and unseen universe and it's intelligence is beyond anything a human can imagine. I see a lot of people talk about God as if He's some sort of entity that is separate from this universe. Something that is far far away. If there is a God, He's a part of you and the day you find that out, is the day your reality and existence changes. One of the reasons I believe in God is because we exist in a place where nothing should exist at all. The universe shouldn't exist. God shouldn't exist. But yet, here we are. If it's possible for not only the universe to exist and us to be conscious beings that sprang up from nothing, then it's more than possible for a God to exist to create it all. If anything, there really shouldn't be any atheists. There should only be agnostics and religious people. For someone to be 100% sure that there is no God just blows my mind. It's almost like every atheist just gives up and has no interest whatsoever in trying to find out whether or not there is a God. Someone once told me that pleasures in life tend to turn people away from God while pain and suffering brings them closer to God. Who wants to think about God when you're enjoying yourself too much?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

You forget your past when you are born so that the illusion is effective.

It's like having the cheats to a video game, what would be the point in playing?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psychonaughty
reply to post by sirnex

You forget your past when you are born so that the illusion is effective.

It's like having the cheats to a video game, what would be the point in playing?

Do you have any evidence for that statement? If this statement *were true*, how were you able to learn that this is so?

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

the head of the mayan elders himself, Don Alejandro spoke of this big shift i nconsciosuness around 2012. You should not talk if you are simply unaware.
i send peace towards you

[edit on 11/6/2009 by Valeri]

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

you are a wise man, jsut another aprt of me.Im glad to be you.

It's an honour to meet another part of myself,that has realised who I/You am/are.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valeri
reply to post by sirnex

the head of the mayan elders himself, Don Alejandro spoke of this big shift i nconsciosuness around 2012. You should not talk if you are simply unaware.
i send peace towards you

Quackery at it's finest. The Mayan calender makes no such predictions. Just because a calender ends doesn't mean the world will or there will be some big cosmic shift of consciousness. I really can't wait till 2013 comes and people are left wondering why nothing happened. Again.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex

Originally posted by Valeri
reply to post by sirnex

i send peace towards you

Quackery at it's finest. The Mayan calender makes no such predictions. Just because a calender ends doesn't mean the world will or there will be some big cosmic shift of consciousness. I really can't wait till 2013 comes and people are left wondering why nothing happened. Again.
Why are you running away fro mthe topic you talked about,namely you said that the mayas never talked about any shift.

I said they did and do,around 2012,to be mroe exact the ysay the time window is 2007-2015.
www.shiftoftheages.com...
one of many sources to prove my point that yes they do indeed expect a huge shift in consciousness as the 4th sun ends and fifth begins.(era-sun)

You are now going over to another topic, I merely stated that yes,the maya,and the Hopi Indian tribes,as well as many other indigenous tribes around the whole world,see the upcoming years where the shift will happen. a shift in consciousness, an ascension if you will. Certainly not all are ready,and that is okay as well.
but you will experience a 7-8 second enlightenment when the shift happens,you will experience being ONE intelligent infinity,all humans and all that is etc is YOU.

That will be a memory you will have even if you don't ascend this tiem around.So I guess you will have your proof, just keep in mind that when you experience it, it was the ascension point. And all wil lexperience this,even those who will continue their journey in 3D as it' called.

So if you really can't lok within, don't want to take up meditation,don't want to reach within,where all knowledge lies,all the answers are within you....if you really don't want to enter that knoweldge through the pineal gland among other sources,then I guess this 8 second experience will be your PROOF.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Picture this vast universe and everything in it in it's entirity, then imagine all galaxies, everything they contain, and anything in between is removed so we are left simply with empty space. Now imagine this empty space implodes so not even empty space exists. it's difficult to comprehend true nothing, but this should be the case according to human logic.
So how the hell did this huge cosmic manifestation spring out of true nothingness. It is not possible.So my belief is, it always has been, the same as we always have been, in one form or another. spirit and matter, yin and yang. I can,t really explain God, of which we are part, for he is infinite, and our physical brain which we operate through is finite.

Thats my perception of it all.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

agreed, but you are missing the point of why "god" exists. the only way for us as a human species to describe this "spiritual energy," "source," "higher power," or what have you, is through communication, bringing forth "god." For example; many believe in coincidence, but through my understanding, a coincidence is the easy way out to describe "karma." For the most part, human beings have yet to acquire the knowledge for such profound and in depth subjects. Religion is a start in exploring such phenomena, but only the tip of the iceburg.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Valeri

I disagree with everything you've stated. No information that I can find on the Mayans themselves seems to indicate anything that you have said. For the record, I do meditate, but i don't experience any of this nonsense everyone appears to claim.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

By peircing the viel of forgetfulness through applied discipline throughout every moment of my life.

Through meditation throughout my day, every day.

Literature can be your friend if you find the core of truths drowning in the sea of perversions, but I caution you with outside sources, as all answers are from within.

Now some quotes from Ra:

That which is infinite cannot be many, for many-ness is a finite concept. To have infinity you must identify or define that infinity as unity; otherwise, the term does not have any referent or meaning. In an Infinite Creator there is only unity. You have seen simple examples of unity. You have seen the prism which shows all colors stemming from the sunlight. This is a simplistic example of unity.

In truth there is no right or wrong. There is no polarity for all will be, as you would say, reconciled at some point in your dance through the mind/body/spirit complex which you amuse yourself by distorting in various ways at this time. This distortion is not in any case necessary. It is chosen by each of you as an alternative to understanding the complete unity of thought which binds all things. You are not speaking of similar or somewhat like entities or things. You are every thing, every being, every emotion, every event, every situation. You are unity. You are infinity. You are love/light, light/love. You are.

And my favorite quote ofcourse:

This is why we iterate quite often, when asked for specific information, that it pales to insignificance, just as the grass withers and dies while the love and the light of the One Infinite Creator redounds to the very infinite realms of creation forever and ever, creating and creating itself in perpetuity.

Why then be concerned with the grass that blooms, withers and dies in its season only to grow once again due to the infinite love and light of the One Creator? This is the message we bring. Each entity is only superficially that which blooms and dies. In the deeper sense there is no end to being-ness.

-Ra (6th density soul group complex).

[edit on 6-11-2009 by Psychonaughty]

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

By peircing the viel of forgetfulness through applied discipline throughout every moment of my life.

I'm not sure what your saying here. Are you trying to tell me that your able to remember thing's before they even had a brain to commit to memory? Or memory isn't stored in the brain at all?

Through meditation throughout my day, every day.

I meditate, but I have never experienced anything during that new ager's claim to experience.

Literature can be your friend if you find the core of truths drowning in the sea of perversions, but I caution you with outside sources, as all answers are from within.

I don't trust outside sources of information unless they are backed up by evidence. If I went by answers from within only, I would be met with faulty answers. I could pray to a rain God, receive rain, but that doesn't mean a rain God exists or that I made it rain. I prefer evidence above all else.

Now some quotes from Ra:

I didn't answer your U2U on this Ra topic simply because the whole Ra thing, to me at least and most people with a clear headed mind, is a proven hoax. It's pure BS as well as Ra's 'What the bleep do we know' film.

Like I said, I value tangible evidence, not word of mouth garbage. I'm just not *that* trusting enough to buy into whatever crap comes out of peoples mouths. No evidence, no pass go, no collect $200, go directly to jail.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

What the bleep do we know has nothing to do with ra thats some person using the channelings for a personal intent.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Your right, I got that mixed up with something else, faulty memory on my part. Sorry about that. However, Ra is still the word of mouth channeling of someone, something I don't personally trust unless there is evidence for what is being said. Nor do I believe in channeling as I have never seen any evidence put forth for that feat being real or possible at all.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

[edit on 16-11-2009 by Psychonaughty]

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I did not read all of these replies..didnt need to..i saw one that sparked my attention..

a poster claimed there is no evidence for God..this is entirely untrue..The Christian God holds tremendous weight..History validates a lot of the bible..study it..physics and biology show how our life and universe is much too finely tuned for chance..the degree of chance involved is just astounding..for anyone who does serious study in to all fields of science and history with an open mind will come to this conclusion..

now..to the OP..a great website to help understand the bible is gracethrufaith.com..also..feel free to U2U me any questions and i will be more than happy to help

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by resonance

Or you can find the One Creator through yourself, not some fabricated literature that misrepresents the teaching's of Jesus of Nazerath.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

LOL please elaborate on this..

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join