It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans are Ignorant, Lazy, Gutless Cowards who live in Fear

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
To continue the conversation, let's now look at what kind of world you want to leave for your posterity? This thread was designed to get you thinking about what's really going on. The next thread in the series asks what kind of future you really want. I look forward to your comments there as well.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Nobody thinks this thread is just a tad anti American? I thought those kind of posts were discouraged.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
There's a lot of anti-American threads on here. Anti-Semitic ones, as well. You'd think this is a European-based forum.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

reply to post by stevegmu

Two birds, one stone... You both need to go back and read the entire OP. It is not an 'anti-american' thread, but a statement on the current state of affairs within our country. It is actually pro-american and anti-establishment...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Bravo!
Now that we all are lazy it does not matter- you have made it to the top!
I wish one day I'm born out of the filth, now I can look up to you!I cannot wait for your great command.
I think please, please tell me who I am.Do not be confused I am weak be careful I am weak.Just kidding.
PS. Love love your new hat no joke.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Well, the "Americans" include Canadians, Mexico, Central and South Americans and people in Guam, Puerto Rico, etc.. So that's a chunk of the world anyway. All the people of the world are the way you describe. That is until their self interests are seriously challenged then they will push back. Sadly, they will push back only far enough to release the pressure then they will fall complacent, content and proud that they "defeated" an enemy that is only regrouping and already planning their next approach. What can be said, the Vatican tried the crusades, the inquisitions and only ends up with the protestant reformation. So instead of overt, they went covert.

Things will rise, things will fall, powers will change. The world will never change. It will cycle and cycle and cycle. The best thing that can happen is to just get the word out and stop supporting the system. Be prepared to go out with your boots on. Spread the word about the difference between the one law and the 60 million+ statutes, regulations,etc., none of which apply to living humans. Never accept the false "laws". Walk away from loans, credit, debt to the banks. Abandon them and watch them come crawling in time.

State to recover and strengthen your health. The cheapest and best way is to walk away from the #1 killer in the world, the mafia medical and mafia drug establishment. Buy a blender and start making smoothies with fresh fruits and vegetables. Include beets, bitter melon, cilantro, cucumber, apples(including the core), avocado (including the pit). The avocado pit is the highest soluble fiber in the world and cleans the arteries. Beets clean the blood, etc., etc..

If you think of a better way, let me know.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Everytime I see more, I am baffled at how much these people make for doing practically nothing but taking bribes, I mean lobbying money and pressing random buttons and playing solitaire.

Sickens me. If the bills are too long to read in a single session, then the bill is too long and is filled with crap we don't need and don't want.

If the subject matter is THAT boring, then keep the bill short, sweet and to the point.

If a bill only had what the bill was really about, then it'd not be a big of an issue. I do think that we need to make it illegal and punishable by loss of office and prison time to have these dolts do that.

I say we put these fat cats on economy diets too - like many of us have had to eat - all at their doing!

Cut their pay in 1/3 or 1/2, and do not put it back. Take away their 'privilage' to vote for their pay raises...our taxes pay their raises, shouldn't it be up to we the people, the taxpayers and voters to decide that?

Maybe if we did cut their salaries like that and banned lobbying contributions of any kind, or 'golden parachute' offers (e.g. when they no longer do politics and retire at full salary and benefits, they get a 'zero' job from these companies to sit and do nothing and get a nice, more times than not, hefty pay check every month.)

I would like to know where to get started on making an official petetion to start getting things like this on the ballot. We need to show them who runs this country it's the people (or should be, after all it started out that way) not the publicly elected officials who've made them selves elitist and above us all for FAR too long.

I want to take action, please let me know where to start!!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
What do you want us to do about it? Vote? Ha!

I'm so sure that the next time around, they'll just suddenly stop rigging the votes and committing massive election fraud. I'm sure our votes will count for sooo much.

This country is damaged beyond repair.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
The human situation is our own doing and quite odd,

That we blame what's unprecievable and often call God.

Remove all empires and go back to the stone ages,

Or sit back and watch like always, it will happen in stages!

Quote from TEMPUS (unpublished)

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by topsecretombomb
So true, its time we start organizing a new group of well aware individuals who are ready to spearhead this new globalization!!!!!!

Go to;

restoretherepublic.com...

These people have organized many events, publish a magazine, have a public "free" radio and television broadcast and so on. What are you people here not getting? Do you only log onto this site? Explore other sites and options, do not trust only this site for information. Hell don't trust any site, do your own investigation and educate yourself.

And it's not globalization, it's Statehood and/or Nationalization but restricted government.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by daddio]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Never before have I come across a group of people as judgemental, self righteous, and humorless as the 9/11 truth movement. Well,maybe evangelical christians and other assorted zealots, but they have their own problems. I bring the subject up a lot with people and most are very receptive. But the last place I would ever send them for info is ATS. Man, it's like you guys have never left the sandbox."This guy's picking on me", I'm gonna tell mommy on you" Get a backbone. If ATS is a microcosm of America then there is no game to win because we have already lost. The attitude seems to be your either with us or against. I remember another unsavory character saying the same thing a few years ago. Didn't make me want to be his friend. So keep doing what America does best. Whine.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Ignore my last post. It's obvoiusly in the wrong place. My bad.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Excellent title, couldn't agree more. But I don't completely put all blame on my fellow citizens. We live in times that have so many comforts that make life lazier that we no longer have passion as a nation. With technology being taken for granted, media overloading our brains, so much B.S right in front of our faces, it's no wonder people would rather follow a celebrities pathetic life instead of their own. This is the "who cares" generation. But, that's ok, this is something that isn't always going to be so. One thing is definitely true, nothing lasts forever. This phase will pass. I'm confident that we are approaching a great awakening and things will start getting better. Of course, they'll get interesting first because when people do wake up, it'll just be like waking up to your house being flooded (been there many times!). Right now the flood water is rising and people are asleep as it happens and when they wake up, it's obviously to late to prevent it, but then a choice comes on what to do next. There are only choices of action in this case.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth Lumina

Don't get me wrong, this is not the fault of the American People! It has taken multiple decades to lure us into this nice little trap, and it was done in a way that we went willingly, without realizing that it was a trap!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
And I would like to reinterate that BOTH Republicans and Democrats are a party of non-resolvable problems.

We really need an independant 3rd party that can resolve this on a 'mostly' Constitutional platform.

I believe it is imperative to allow our country and its citizens the ability to return to the precepts of practicing a ‘liberal & conservative’ Constitutional Republic. It obviously is not defined as that anymore however.

A ‘liberal & conservative’ interpretation is meaningful in that it defines two primary rationales of coexistence. Liberal, in the meaning of extending ones ‘liberty’ beyond any standard or status quo, and Conservative in the ability to manage ones own life and with the same ‘liberty’ without overwhelming or intrusive intervention from any group or government. The two are really the same but many times viewed from different perspectives and identified with different labels and in different context.

We as a people have lost this duality of balance, in allowing by proxy, others who do not hold the same goals in merit. Rather, they seek to utilize the conditional power of our Constitution by unconditional means.
If you believe that by any means available, the democrats need to conquer the republicans then this posting is futile.

Purge and promote those who are worthy of our trust. No more chances.
It is likely too late, but we must try.

We are responsible for this. We ARE responsible for this!

Unfortunately, there is a very large corporate and Federal Reserve banking infrastructure which will fight tooth and nail against any deconstruction of the status-quo. I firmly believe we are likely unable to fully mend the Constitutional cancers that have affixed themselves to the holes and amendments we have allowed to be inflicted by our legislators including Executive orders that emulate a drive-up window at McDonalds.

However how painful, a revolution must accompany the next changes in our government to de-scale and reestablish our federal, state and local governments to their proper and legitimate place.

If we are going to be a third world country in the next 15 - 20 years, let's do it with some dignity and show them our system of government will not be another flash-in-the-pan experiment that can be bought by international entities and markets?.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeffsmathers
And I would like to reinterate that BOTH Republicans and Democrats are a party of non-resolvable problems.

We really need an independant 3rd party that can resolve this on a 'mostly' Constitutional platform.

Agree. End the Polarity Party Dem/Rep. (Dim-Repugnant's)

Enough is enough.

Let them swim across the Potomac, and those with pockets lined with graft will sink to the bottom.

We might only need a few towels on the other shore.

ZG

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Good post OP , but it aint just Americans , i think you will find its humanity in general , its like a disease that is spreading ....complacency its called people have no fire in their belly anymore ...just roll over and take it up the behind !

thw worst part is i honestly believe its too late now....

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Just an observation:

Seems that there are some on this forum, who think that if you didn't come out of the Viet Nam debacle with the same view point as them, then you somehow or another didn't participate, weren't there, didn't get shot at, receive a Purple Heart or other warrior honors, have a buddy or family member die, end up in a VA hospital with life long injuries...are then fodder for criticisms, debates about your patriotism, manhood, and any other slight that can lobbed at them.

Frankly, I am sick of these "johnny come latelys" who have to pound their key boards with their arrogance and bravado and issue effrontery to someone whom they don't even know.

Apparently, these are the people who have something to prove, thirty some years later.

I needn't explain my tour's of duty to anyone...especially to some buffoon on a blog.

Unless you were assigned to the Lt. General's Air Crew who was in Command of the Fifth Air Force of the Pacific Theater...like I was, then you have nothing to say about what I saw, was a part of, where I went, or was privy to! I knew the war was over and lost before most...

Where I went, and why, was on a need to know basis only. I could not be detained and asked questions. Some tried, and paid hell for it.

I wore a United Nations Patch on my uniform...which was black with light blue piping, not A.F. Blue or jungle camo green. DID YOU? I wore my rank insignia on epaulet boards, not on my sleeves. DID YOU? I wore a Command Crew Patch on my sleeve and on my cap! DID YOU? I was issued a 45 cal. auto pistol. DID YOU CARRY ONE? I answered only to a Lt. General or his Lt. COL under him. No one else! What about YOU? As an ENLISTED NCO, and because of the significance of my assignment, and designation, I was saluted and returned it as an officer's attache'. DID YOU? I very frequently had an attache' case cuffed to my left hand. DID YOU? I had a permanent pass to the officer's chow hall. DID YOU? I was billeted in Officer's Housing. WERE YOU? I was addressed as "SIR". WERE YOU?

I thought not!

I was one of ten such men. We were the last. We were also highly controversial, for there was even a Congressional inquiry about NCO's having such status, under the auspices of the UN.

Yes, I was drafted,but, managed at the last hour literally, to jump from the clutches of the Army, to the Air Force. Which in of itself, created at huge kerfuffle of legal wranglings between the Army, Air Force, and our local Congressman, about who actually had legal custody...I won that one! Gladly I might add...

To those who question my patriotism, and motives, I served a total of 16 1/2 years of accrued time in service. My final grade was E-6, being up for E-7, with a total of FOUR Honorable discharges...

So, to YOU who think your experiences make you the better man, can take your attitude and show it to someone else who'd be impressed...I'm not! Bullet wounds or not...

A lot of very good men went into that conflict, and did outstanding jobs, and ought to be respected, regardless of the branch they served in. Unfortunately, there were others, who coasted through it, doing as little as they could, until they were discharged. I saw both sides of it.

In case you may wonder...I have a liberal arts degree.. which wasn't anything that would qualify for the Officers Academy.

So now you know.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizan
reply to post by Gun Totin Gerbil

I believe land owners should only be allowed to vote.

I don't mean you should take away their vote, just you give more enlightened people.. .. more votes . Don't you do this kind of thing with your super delegates anyway ? You could package it up as some kind of 'patriot points ' scheme . If you show you are aware on (factual) american issues and are prepared to forego the ways of jackassery, you'll get a few 'patriot points' to add to your vote at the next election. That kind of scheme. You don't want to penalize the dimwits , you want to reward the ones that make an effort . It will be a less contentious issue that way . Also, if you put 'patriot' in the name of this program , you will deter many detractors and nay sayers to the implementation of such a plan. It also acts as an incentive for the low information slackers to thus try to succeed in the scheme ( and thus improve the overall knowledge levels of such population sections ) to prove their 'patriotism' is unquestioned.

It's funny how so many of these intellectually challenged individuals always seem to vote for one party . In europe , trying to get that kind of unison is like trying to herd cats . They vote or don't vote all over the place for all kinds of parties. It's a strange phenomena you have there , almost like there is some kind of outside interference or subversive motivation being channeled through these individuals.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join