It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans are Ignorant, Lazy, Gutless Cowards who live in Fear

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by scorand
reply to post by Stormdancer777

yes some of the tea partiers want this too.. its funny i didnt realize that untill you said it.. from all the rhetoric i read and the videos i saw from the tea partiers it seemd like they just wanted to bash obama.. i figured that it was mostly because of media like rush and o'riley and their ilks proaganda.

Or maybe they came to their conclusion on their own, Imagine that! People are capable of thinking for themselves without any propaganda from anyone. Maybe, instead of just wanting to bash Obomber for the sake of bashing Obomber as you suggest, maybe they have legitimate complaints which need to be addressed?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night4Hawk

Explain this very good!

Best wishes,

/Night4Hawk

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Night4Hawk]

What your not seeing is all the Americans who got those questions right. But then, that wouldn't be a story and it wouldn't fuel your trashing America agenda wouldn't it?

Your going to find people like that in any country. If you can't understand that, you got no business calling anyone else STUPID.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
So true, its time we start organizing a new group of well aware individuals who are ready to spearhead this new globalization!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

Originally posted by Electro38
You couldn't say the same thing for all the people of all the countries of the world?

That's why I say this thread is completely biased and hypocritical.

It is biased, as I am an American and cannot nor will not speak of the human condition outside of my own sphere of experience. As I included myself in the OP, I fail to see the hypocrisy. Perhaps you need to go look the word up, because there is nothing hypocritical about the OP.

As far as all the other countries of the world, go back and read the thread... those from other nations look at us in just this light. We have become a joke as a people... a scary, well armed, reactionary, joke of a people... Not the image I'm really proud of.

You probably need to study history. Right after WWII when we freed the French from the Nazis they looked at us in this same light, with disdain, as did most people of Europe. Why?

This was before Israel. All we did was reluctantly enter a war that was not started by us and go on to stop it and free people. We subsequently became the worlds first super power, and then hated by the world. Why?

You're insulting the people of America in your initial post, the people?
It is hypocritical because while everyone insults the American people there are real horrors happening in this world being perpetrated by people who are much, much more fitting of those insults, and because I never see any threads insulting the people of other nations. Insult the people of America and receive instant praise and adulation. That's hypocrisy.

The people of America are the ones who fought and died freeing Europe from the mass murdering Nazis. Middle class and poor Americans of which I am a descendant. Americans can do not right in the eyes of the world. Even when we do good things we are never credited? That is called hypocrisy.

Did you know that the money from our taxes go to providing food for people who are starving all over the world? Money from the pockets of poor and middle class Americans goes to feeding the starving people in this world. It's a horror that most of that food is intercepted by thugs who then go and sell it to those poor starving people. But somehow, despite these things Americans are the bad guys in the world.

One thing I know for certain is that regardless of all your whining about America and insulting the American people, we are going to continue to eat hamburgers, watch senseless TV sitcoms, be entertained by Britney Spears, and perhaps be less than informed about current politics, yet we'll still be one of the most productive countries in the world with one of the highest standards of living, and we'll still be the ones the rest of the world come crying to when they need help! Why is that?

We make things happen and we run your world, that's why. A greasy hamburger in one hand and one eye on TV and we run your world!

Why is it so many people of other countries want to desperately live here and adopt our culture?

And that brings up the fact that Americans are really made up of many different cultures and ethnicity. We are not all white Anglo Saxons. My grandparents were from Italy and Ireland. Most people in America are either directly from other places or descendants of immigrants. Americans are people from all over the world and from many different cultures. Go study your history.

You need a lot more life experiences to realize that not everything is so stereotypical in your idealized and biased world. All of the things you've said about Americans has been said for many years, your thread and all that was said in it is very cliche` and hypocritical.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Electro38]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Electro38

So, the people have no responsibility here, is that what you are saying? It's everybody else's fault? Really.... I am a student of history, and have quite a few decades of 'life experience' in a variety of locales here in the States. The fact is that you don't see what's really going on here... You are content to dance... Like our little simian friend...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Americans are like water. They do take "the path of least resistance" Canadians on the other hand are like ice. Where we are is were well stay. We are solid. We cannot be moved.. Unless water decides it is better then us and flows over us. If you know the truth then you know America is running out of water. And Canada is not. Therefore Americans buy it from us at low prices because Ice build on Ice, fellow Canadians will do anything to ANYONE to prevail. Even if it means selling our own soul.
Just my opinion

PS our country is one of the most beautiful. And we treat it so badly it hurts me.

crete

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Shrod, I don't usually agree with you but I am at least as well traveled as you are and have been to amsterdam too, wonderful place and the people all very nice and very intelligent.

The post by Jaxon Roberts is typical of his alarmist titles always with a twist, and the twist is usually as disappointing if not more than you originally thought the thread was going to be about.

I ignore BS about skeeered Christians who he alleged "hate science" when Christians LOVE science, they just have too many out there thinking if their is a Christian in the classroom it's going to bring biology back to the stone age and are in many ways black listed from things like peer reviews, grants etc,.

What many don't realize is ther are a lot more in Science that are Christians than many even know of. If you are a Christian who works as a Scientist, it is something they tend to keep so secret you wouldn't believe it. for the same reasons their are a lot of atheist's in politics that won't admit that too.

On the whole, I see this country becoming more divided and divisive all the time and I am afraid Americas best days are falling behind her if we don't start pulling together on the important things.

I listen to rush limbaugh all the time and thinks he speaks for a lot of Americans. The guy is no idiot, he is good at what he does and that is what they pay him to do. If Jaxon Roberts words were as appealing to an audience of like minded individuals, would we be saying quit listening to Jaxon he is brainwashing everyone?

I think Beck is a drama queen but he is entertaining to watch and olberman I used to love and now I can't stand him because he became the Beck of the left and just another drama queen.

All this sky is falling chicken little crap gets old ya know.

Sometimes I wish I could read these boards and like to see someone braggin on there kid getting an "A" in a state science project or more threads like the one defunding acorn etc. I was really encouraged to see the tea baggers, while in contrast to those calling them whacko's it was the forst time we saw signs of life the American spirit was still alive and I wouldn't care who they were what party people think they are it is refreshing to know we still care enough to take the time to go to something like that and be heard.

This is just another "star me " thread but Jaxons title DID get me over here in a hurry though lol

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
And electro is completely right.

Ever heard of this song??

www.youtube.com...

we got to moove these refrigeratorsss

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

So, the people have no responsibility here, is that what you are saying? It's everybody else's fault? Really.... I am a student of history, and have quite a few decades of 'life experience' in a variety of locales here in the States. The fact is that you don't see what's really going on here... You are content to dance... Like our little simian friend...

You don't seem at all like a "student of history", I haven't seen the slightest evidence of that.

You have had decades of life experiences in "a variety of locales here in the states"??? What the hell does that even mean?

You are blaming the ills of the world on the American people?

I am not blaming anyone, certainly not the PEOPLE of any country. The people who make up countries are like Americans, we are mostly poor or middle class people struggling everyday trying to feed our kids, clothe them and educate them. Excuse us for not being experts in current politics and government while we do these things!

The regular people of the world are mostly the same when it comes down to it. Can you say that we are not? That is why I say your thread is very hypocritical.

If your thread said people of the world are ignorant, fat and lazy I might have a completely different perspective here, although I still would not accept the insults imposed on my fellow man.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The regular, working class, poor and middle class people who make up the most of America and all other countries do indeed have a responsibility. What can poor, middle working class people do but to try to have the right people elected? Should we as you say "wake up" and go nuts and revolt in the streets, and risk not being able to go to work, make money and feed/clothe your kids? I aint doing that.

Some of us Americans get into the system, some of us come from poor, middle class working people and we get into law or politics to try to change things. Then other poor, working class people can support us and our policies/agenda and it does work.

What else do all of you propose the working class, poor and middle class of America should do? What are the same people doing in other countries that is so impressive and commendable that they also couldn't be called those insults you call the American people? (HYPOCRISY)

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Electro38]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I would never dare insult the people of any nation, because I know the people who make up the countries of the world are just like most Americans, working all the time to support and feed their families. During this endeavor we try to pay attention to whats happening in the world and in our countries, and then we try to do what we can. All of the people of the world are this way unless you are rich or are a senator/congressman, etc.

Now if you criticized America's foreign policies, or political leaders I would have different and probably more agreeable things to say here. But calling out insults to a countries people, generalizing and parroting popular stereotypes is childish.

This thread is childish in its premise and revealing of great ignorance.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by useless eaters

What your not seeing is all the Americans who got those questions right. But then, that wouldn't be a story and it wouldn't fuel your trashing America agenda wouldn't it?

Your going to find people like that in any country. If you can't understand that, you got no business calling anyone else STUPID.

Nighthawk is pretty damn naive if he believes that "man on the street" evidence gathering garbage. It is the most inaccurate way of proving anything and you can search youtube just be typing "Dumb Brits" "Dumb Atheists" "Dumb Christians" and find one for what ever nighthawk is or what ever. I have seen them made about Obama Voters McCain Voters and ya know you got to ask yourself, how many of them do we ever see about ANYONE that depicts a positive view?

If you find them, Ill bet you won't find very many

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Im sorry but if you believe your wordly.. You are FAR from it. You have to be open to new ideas. Did you know that it took the British navy 40 years or more to believe that citrus cured scervy. The man who brought this idea to the forfront of their discussions on the issue was HUNG.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by creaton91
And electro is completely right.

Ever heard of this song??

www.youtube.com...

we got to moove these refrigeratorsss

Hey, how weird is this, I just had a new refrigerator delivered today! I am serious. It is huge but keeps rolling forward when we open the doors.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
look underneath if there a foot brake on the rollers. If not just stick a piece of wood underneath the rollers. if that doesent work ur gana have to jerry rig it with metal wire or something

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Let's look at the definition of hypocrisy: The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.

Nope, no hypocrisy here...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by creaton91
look underneath if there a foot brake on the rollers. If not just stick a piece of wood underneath the rollers. if that doesent work ur gana have to jerry rig it with metal wire or something

Yes, we think there's probably a break underneath, but being a typical lazy American, I couldn't muster up the energy to even look under there. (Joking!)

But really there must be a break under there, and it is huge. I keep thinking we're going to have to buy a lot more food to fill it now. I shouldn't be saying that in this thread. I have already lived up to two of the insults stated by the OP in his thread title!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Let's look at the definition of hypocrisy: The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.

Nope, no hypocrisy here...

No hard feelings man, but OP, you crazy! If you were trying to make people more aware, etc. then that's understandable. I don't accept those insults though. That's generalizing and stereotypical, it's really cliche`.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
So, you think that it is better attacking the battered and beaten scared and lied to prostitutes than the Pimps? Oh yea, like that will make a difference.

Categorical ERROR.

People in America have had their education taken from them.

People in America are lied to by all news media, news filtered by the multinational corporate owning bodies.

People in America are lied to by advertising and marketing strategies to believe what they want us to believe to buy more of their useless and transitory products we don't need.

People in America are lied to by their representatives whom line their pockets with the interests and motivations of consumer, energy, drug manufacturers and food providers so policies that have international implications are blamed on the people.

People in America go to wars and are ordered to do things that at the root benefit only those who own oil, illegal drug markets and other resources that do not even come home, but in fact are put into the midas rooms of the powerful whom lobby and make false flag events to make a world of profit for themselves.

People in America are scared, without hope, without means to survive the so-called American Dream without nightmares of foreclosures and lack of food and water, and will do almost anything to feed, house and educate their children, their loved ones and their neighbors in need.

You are still inside the illusion you have been given by your overseer, the network news, the modified history books, the bad nutrition that retards good mental acuity, the bad drugs and medical care that wants "consumers", not healed healthy people. Step out and understand, we have been prostituted.

Go for the pimps. Not the good people of Earth. (yes people of Earth, because once they do America, they will go for the rest. They are nowhere near done profiting from the species.)

Eradicate the lies that control you. YES YOU. You took it line, hook and sinker. You focused on the unfortunates who only know what they have been told.

Stop blaming your brothers and sisters. Get some planets between your sticks and some neurons in your head muscle. Go for the source.

We need to wake the hell up.

ZG

[edit on 9/16/2009 by ZeroGhost]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
JaxonRoberts, I believe many Americans are exactly how you say. In addition, I also know many Americans are hypocrites, liars, thieves, murderers and rapists who promote such madness to benefit from it.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join