It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans are Ignorant, Lazy, Gutless Cowards who live in Fear

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
~~Strong will Survive Weak will Die~~

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

why do people insist on finding what is wrong with themselves and then think the same thing is wrong with everyone else?

Threads like this make me want to permanently delete my account, as they discredit the entire site.

when you assume you make an ASS out of you and me.

Please learn to speak for YOURSELF.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
OK Mr. Smarty pants,

What do you suggest?

The answer is very simple; get rid of centralised government. Why should ~600 people in congress rule over 600 million people. They are corrupt to the core, fat cats.

Empower each state with their own governance, budgets and fiscal policy.

Each state would then evolve as a self-fulfilling microcosm and other states will follow any other states who do better in a comparative league table, promoting healthy competition and continual growth benefiting local citizens.

Some bastard in Washington has no right to tell a farmer how to milk his cows in Arkansas, for example.

In summary: GET RID OF CENTRALISED G'MENT

Are you serious?!!!!!! This is what the Founding Fathers intended, that is WHY each state has a legislature and governor!!!!!! It is already set up this way. What did you not learn in school. The Problem is!!!!!!......wait for it.........here it comes...... it's US as in WE THE PEOPLE!!!

We need to have the balls to stand up for ourselves. Here's the deal, I DO NOT pay income taxes, it's unlawful and I am NOT a federal employee making "federal income" nor a State employee. GET IT?

I also do not have a drivers license,.. yet I use the FREE and PUBLIC WAY everyday to get to work and back and other places at MY LIESURE. It is my right to pursue happiness that I WAS BORN WITH.

Stand up for yourselves and UNDERSTAND the actual laws that WE have consented to. If a bill is passed into a law WITHOUT our CONSENT it is null and void as if it had never been passed. Shuttlesworth v. Birmingham AL.

I could recite court cases here all day where people have fought the system and won, the Sheriff in your county has the ultimate authority in your state, EVEN OVER THE STATE ITSELF!!! research..... Sheriff Richard I.Mack.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by daddio]

[edit on 16-9-2009 by daddio]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
What you could do , is introduce a kind of democracy based upon weighted votes that are related to certain means testing . An intelligence test , or knowledge of current affairs , of foreign affairs, or a variety of other subjects you would feel to be relevant for an american population to be aware of . Then allocate a vote weight to their score. Obviously adding in factors to compensate for age, disability etc . This way dumb people do not get the same say as an educated voter .

And that would deter many from embracing ignorance , if they want an equal say on how the country gets to be run. This would also force networks like fox news to report factually rather than to lie and spread disinfo to their audience if they wished for their party to succeed at the next election. It would prevent any agency perpetrating falsehoods to further their agenda.

An informed person should have a higher weighted vote over the dullard , as they will be using their own discernment to make such a judgement based upon their assimilation of information and how they consequently decide to vote based upon that . The dullard may well be but a drone, a zombie type that only votes a certain way because of peer pressure or falsehoods. Thus they may only be voters by proxy of other agents who would steer them into voting in a way contrary to what they may have done , had they not been the dullard. So, it is fair such people should have a lower weighted vote. You can't have advancement curtailed by the ignorant.

I don't mean a straight line knowledge/IQ to vote weight ratio, university professors would get the same as the score deemed to be average . But vote weight starts trailing off exponentially when you get into the low scoring region.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Gun Totin Gerbil

I believe land owners should only be allowed to vote.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by drsmooth23

Why do people insist on not seeing what is wrong with themselves and only think there is something is wrong with everyone else?

If threads like this make you want to permanently delete your account, feel free, but it's threads like this that this site is all about. Apparently, you missed that...

While I may be a member of A.S.S., it is not I who is making you look like one, your post sufficiently accomplished that...

I only speak for MYSELF, and I STAND by the OP. If you don't see the problem, you ARE the problem...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Post deleted due to the discovery of a broken sarcasm detedtor. My appologies to concernedcitizan.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Textso you no like amelikans?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
*One way to fix the problem!....
-What do you do when a plan or system goes to hell or is so badly
screwed up?............START OVER!!!

I can't explain how EASY it would be to take over(overthrow) the government, with the number of citizens to number of government...
It would be easier than taking a breath of air!

-Once that is done, start over with new system...and this time, Get rid of
all states and be One nation undivided (states are BS!!)
-Then get rid of Republicans and Democrats....(every american should have the same view and belief!)
..and the list goes on, but..

--It would never happen, the majority like to be controlled, most of the rest are Scared!, and the few left over that have balls won't have enough people to help complete the mission!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electro38
You couldn't say the same thing for all the people of all the countries of the world?

That's why I say this thread is completely biased and hypocritical.

It is biased, as I am an American and cannot nor will not speak of the human condition outside of my own sphere of experience. As I included myself in the OP, I fail to see the hypocracy. Perhaps you need to go look the word up, because there is nothing hypocritical about the OP.

As far as all the other countries of the world, go back and read the thread... those from other nations look at us in just this light. We have become a joke as a people... a scary, well armed, reactionary, joke of a people... Not the image I'm really proud of.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

It was a joke dude. You really need to lighten up. get some sleep. You've been at your post too long.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kyleplatinum
...(every american should have the same view and belief!)

I couldn't disagree with any of your post (even though I'm not for trashing the Constitution, but instead actually enforcing it for a change) right up until you said the little gem above. If we did, we would cease being Americans. That little statement makes the rest of your post an attempt to establish the U.S.S.A., or Amerika, if you will... No thank you sir, I'll pass on that one. The new boss would be far worse than the old boss. In other words,

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizan

Actually, I just got up and am not fully awake yet. Sorry, my sarcasm detector seems to be on the fritz! No harm done...

Edit to add: Post deleted and replaced with apology.

[edit on 16-9-2009 by JaxonRoberts]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

the fact you can say this say one thing about this country, the fact that you have said it shows just how ignorant you are of many of the people who live in this country. The fact that someone has said it shows just how low we have gotten as a society, unfortunately.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Hey! Fear is an instictual response to something that may keep you alive.
It is smart to trust your instincts. Politicans? Anyone want South Carolinas Adulter or the other Rude Person who shouts while others are giving a speech. How embarrassing. These are our state's representitives to the world. I am from up North. Ha!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder

the fact you can say this say one thing about this country, the fact that you have said it shows just how ignorant you are of many of the people who live in this country. The fact that someone has said it shows just how low we have gotten as a society, unfortunately.

That fact that you posted that shows you're not paying attention, just dancing along...

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

Originally posted by kyleplatinum
...(every american should have the same view and belief!)

That little statement makes the rest of your post an attempt to establish the U.S.S.A., or Amerika, if you will... No thank you sir, I'll pass on that one. The new boss would be far worse than the old boss. In other words,

-Lol, maybe you took that statement the wrong way or it was my wording?
There is Democrats, Republicans, and Independents...... We should all be
Independents! (everybody agree) not spilt or different views of how the country should be ran.
-Citizens argue among each other (reps and dems)
on how it should be.....but, there is only one USA, we all live here!

-I wasn't talking like, we start over, here is the new boss, everybody belive this or else!

-We should be "The United America"_

[edit on 16-9-2009 by kyleplatinum]

[edit on 16-9-2009 by kyleplatinum]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

you know what spockles ? none of that crap you just let flow forth
is true about me. and I'M AN AMERICAN!
and yes i am still bent, AT YOU!!
what do you paint w/? a push broom?
I recall what the japaneese were saying about Americans at the start of
ww2 even though i wasn't born yet. they were saying that we
were just a bunch of soft playboys.
then from what i know ,we proceeded
to kick their shogun ,samurai. judo choppin, sumo wrestling, divine wind
worshipping, kamakazi, hary cary azzes all the way back to that earthquake
battered by God empire of the rising sun island they got abandoned to somewhere in antiquity. just in time for the fireworks.
they certainly seem content to mind their manners ever since. i only have one question.
what the hell can i do about you?

Ummm Yaaaa, WW2... we lost how many people fighting against Japan. No azz kicking to be found there. We took the EASY WAY OUT with a couple nukes

[edit on 16-9-2009 by FORMe2p00p0n]

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kyleplatinum

OK, that I can wholeheartedly agree with! The two party system is one of the key roots to the problem. We need a no party system.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I always thought that was the founding fathers intent. A citizen goes to Washington does their civic duty as elected and then returns to public life. A citizen not a professional politician. Your neighbors, co-workers, friends, yourself. i don't think to be a politician was to be a full time occupation.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join