It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans are Ignorant, Lazy, Gutless Cowards who live in Fear

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+96 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Did the Title get your attention? Did it get you angry just reading it? GOOD! That's a good start! Because you should be angry! You should be MAD AS HELL! But not because the title isn't true, but because it IS! So let me break it down for you...

We are not only ignorant, we are intentionally so. We accept the words of Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck, Chris Matthews, Oprah Winfrey, Arianna Huffington or the like as Gospel Truth, just because they are telling us what we want to hear. The religious reject science because it interferes with an ancient story. The partisan give us 'facts' about the 'other side'. The Corporations get us to believe all kinds of nonsense to steer us in a favorable direction for their bottom lines, then come to us when the bottom falls out. Need I even mention Alex Jones... And we lap it all up like mindless drones controlling the destiny of our lives...

We are lazy because we take the path of least resistance. While there are some who protest, such as the 'Tea Party' craze that is sweeping the nation (where were these people when Bush was going through our money like a gold digger with a key to the vault?), most will not do a thing to really change things, just go with the flow... It's the easiest path... Why make a fuss...

We are Gutless Cowards because we refuse to do anything about it. We don't demand that we only be given the truth, and anything short of the truth is unacceptable. We don't demand that our representatives don't behave like this:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3c748a9cb764.jpg[/atsimg]
Or like this:

We don't DEMAND that our representative even READ legilation before deciding what's in our best interest: Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.) We don't demand a better education for our kids. We don't DEMAND so many things that we should... Just come up with excuses for why it will never change...

AND WE LIVE IN FEAR! The Religious live in FEAR of their God. The Non-religious live in FEAR of their deaths. The Left FEARS the Right. The Right FEARS the Left. The Center FEARS them both. The Blacks FEAR the Whites. The Whites FEAR the Blacks. ...FEAR Latinos ...FEAR Asians ...FEAR Homosexuals ...FEAR illegal immigrants ...FEAR Politicians ...FEAR the Government ...FEAR THE TRUTH!

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Another Roosevelt quote that fits the times:

One thing is sure. We have to do something. We have to do the best we know how at the moment... If it doesn't turn out right, we can modify it as we go along.
Franklin D. Roosevelt

Are you going to continue to be a monkey dancing for the amusement of it's Masters? Are you going to do anything to change it? If not, then dance, monkey, dance...[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fbfc61302ecf.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread Jax.

Something has to happen first...and I think it's happening now. You are seeing protests against big government and we will see a large gain for Republicans in the next election. No longer will they skate by with just their criticisms...THEY TOO will also be a target for the people.

And that is when I think it will REALLY happen. At least I hope so.

We'll see.

Those who are protesting are holding out for Republicans...it's unfortunate that they do not realize that we cannot afford this war or continue our trade policies...which Republicans will NOT change.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

That's just trading one Organ Grinder for another... Not really change, just the same ole' song and dance.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
OK Mr. Smarty pants,

What do you suggest?

I am constantly researcher and verifying,

When I do find something of interest, I get damned for it.

I tell you what , we need to start a topic,

Where we all can participate on a level playing field, no haters allowed,

Honest to god let's find common ground.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I think this forum is full of negative energy and is in need of a good smudging.

We can start by admitting all politicians suck.

Blowing smoke your way,

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I assume you got some inspiration from this speech yes?

Makes a lot of points relevant to todays world doesnt it? Yet it is from the movie Network made in 1976. If things havent changed much in the last 33 years why do you think they will change now?

Like you said "Americans are Ignorant, Lazy, Gutless Cowards who live in Fear" but what are you doing to help motivate and inspire people besides insulting them?

What are you doing to help change things?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

How about we agree that the vast majority of politicians suck, lol ?

You know, if they weren't so afraid of the majority .. if they believed they'd get sufficient public-support as to allow them to make a living from honest-politics .. then the few good ones would stand-up

and that would encourage more good ones to join up

Then, the 'bad' ones would be the minority. And that's the absolute maximum the bad ones should ever be allowed

Because I did see an honest US politician once, on tv. Can't remember his name, unfortunately. But it was a great sight.

And where there's one, there's bound to be more ...

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Jebus Hesus Monty Christco Mariah!

You have foot in mouth disease don't you?

Just Kidding good friend. You are one to go out of the box however.

I could not agree with you more. I feel the same about Canadians, or Mini-America as I like to call it.

People are complacent, far too complacent.

It needs to chagne.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

JaxonRoberts, you are correct to an extent.

People are programmed to pick sides in a losing battle.

I pointed out very much the same thing in the thread below.

Political Blame Game Ideology : It's Your Fault

Left and Right are being used by the powers that be and being lulled into a false sense of complacency.

We do have an area for that, it's called the Bully Pulpit.

Welcome To The ATS Bully Pulpit: Civilized Political Debate

Stop The Stalkers

Read about my fight against stalkers here, since I was six years old.

Left-Wing, Right-Wing, This Turkey, Knows How To Soar Like An Eagle

Become a member of the Bully Pulpit, so you can debate me politically, if you do not choose membership in the Bully Pulpit, you can only read, and not post replies.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Really We are all gutless etc etc.... Nothing can ever be done until the sleepers wake up. Try encouraging people to pay attention and watch cause and affect. I personally have seen more and more people waking up and wanting to know why, start showing them some of the puzzle and watch the fun. Retrain folk to think for themselves.

link   
You see, the politicians have been at this for a long damn time. The average Joe, knows nothing about what goes on. That is not an excuse though. Joe, needs to make it his business. The other problem is when an issue is addressed, they have so many ways to blow smoke up your arse, you won't know if you are coming or going.

Even if the SHTF, they will tell you everything is fine, and not to worry.
What a load of garbage.

ETF!!

[edit on 9/15/2009 by reticledc]

link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts

(where were these people when Bush was going through our money like a gold digger with a key to the vault)

I especially take exception to this^^^

I was JUST AS PISSED whn Bush spent like a drunken sailor as well!!! In fact, that is one of my biggest complaints!!!!

His tax cuts set records for revenue collected by the Federal government. What's he do?? Pay down the deficit? Nope, to him is was a liscense to spend like a MADMAN.

I could care less if it's a D or R spending my hard earned money, it's this wreckless addiction to spending our tax money that has kept the approval ratings of congress at all time lows. And it hasn't changed on bit since the Dems took over. Washington is drunk with our money.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
OK Mr. Smarty pants,
What do you suggest?

I am constantly researcher and verifying,
When I do find something of interest, I get damned for it.

Information can be found on the internet, question and answers can only be found within.

Does that help?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by St Vaast

Hi St Vaast,

How about we agree that the vast majority of politicians suck, lol ?

Well, let's find one and start from there.

List the names, we do the research, and find some one worthy,

The rest need to go,

A lot of the tea partyers want this too.

VOTI

I have one in mind.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Best post I have read in a long time. Liberals will agree and 'Conservatives' will get angry and tell you to leave the country, that you are not wanted here and don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. However I would say it is outright stupidity more than fear. This all began with evangelicals & fox news. America is now slipping into a real life portrayal of the movie "Idiocracy" and this is happening at an exponential rate. Jax... You have identical views to me in your posting. Don't put yourself through this, there is no law saying you must endure this lunacy for the rest of your life. I left the US 9yrs ago and it was the greatest thing that ever happened to me. I hope you find what you are looking for because it's out there my friend. P.S. the right wing extremist cabal on ATS is frightening. ATS has become around 70% right wing extremist. Any thread critical of the US, republicans or christianity is set upon by a pack of wild dogs derailing the thread and shutting it down. Sad.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I think I have pretty good instincts .

I want to see this forum come together.

link   

yes some of the tea partiers want this too.. its funny i didnt realize that untill you said it.. from all the rhetoric i read and the videos i saw from the tea partiers it seemd like they just wanted to bash obama.. i figured that it was mostly because of media like rush and o'riley and their ilks proaganda.

+5 more 
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
OK Mr. Smarty pants,

What do you suggest?

The answer is very simple; get rid of centralised government. Why should ~600 people in congress rule over 600 million people. They are corrupt to the core, fat cats.

Empower each state with their own governance, budgets and fiscal policy.

Each state would then evolve as a self-fulfilling microcosm and other states will follow any other states who do better in a comparative league table, promoting healthy competition and continual growth benefiting local citizens.

Some bastard in Washington has no right to tell a farmer how to milk his cows in Arkansas, for example.

In summary: GET RID OF CENTRALISED G'MENT

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

that would be awsome stormdancer.

second line

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

you know what spockles ? none of that crap you just let flow forth
is true about me. and I'M AN AMERICAN!
and yes i am still bent, AT YOU!!
what do you paint w/? a push broom?
I recall what the japaneese were saying about Americans at the start of
ww2 even though i wasn't born yet. they were saying that we
were just a bunch of soft playboys.
then from what i know ,we proceeded
to kick their shogun ,samurai. judo choppin, sumo wrestling, divine wind
worshipping, kamakazi, hary cary azzes all the way back to that earthquake
battered by God empire of the rising sun island they got abandoned to somewhere in antiquity. just in time for the fireworks.
they certainly seem content to mind their manners ever since. i only have one question.
what the hell can i do about you?

[edit on 15-9-2009 by randyvs]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join