It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Yells 'You Lie' During Obama Speech

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

You don't think him being booed is the same thing because you think it was a low grumble?

I couldn't understand what Wilson had yelled until I rewound it (I love my Tivo) and listened to it again. Does that mean that you are over reacting to a bunch of nonsense?

link   

Originally posted by jd140
Your boy Obama isn't the first President to be heckled while giving a speech.

Not "my boy" dude. I'm Canadian. Luck for you. How would you like your gov't to look like this:

That's what I'm talking about. Decorum. Has nothing to do with policy.

link   
reply to post by intrepid

www.realclearpolitics.com...

Yes, during the state of the union.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by amazed

Actually I want to say something once more, as many people seem to zip right over this truth and ignore it.

Illegals

are

already

covered

for free

through

government programs

ie

our taxes.

Why would our government want them to have to pay for their health care? duh what a concept. And you guys thought you were smart by saying Obama lied. He did not have to lie in this instance. Illegals will not be covered, they already get health care through our taxes through other programs.

link   
I know it may of not been appropriate time to say it but this was on national TV around the world and it is the best timing to say it to show the people that Obama isn't telling the truth. Even if its 0.2% of people out their that caught that and decides to do some research, it just woke up those 0.2% in the bull# we are living in.

If Joe Wilson kept his mouth shut and said it after the speech the media wouldn't of covered it live and would be only talked mildly and just forgotten like every other stuff going on right now.

I know also this is old topic and should be let go but if he's telling the truth then why can't he release his birth certificate? Should be really easy to get, no? What is the reason to hide it? Is there a lie behind it???

link   

You don't have to be American for him to by your boy "dude".

Atleast I answered your question. Now you aren't crying that this never happened to Bush.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

You don't have to be American for him to by your boy "dude".

He means nothing to me.

Atleast I answered your question. Now you aren't crying that this never happened to Bush.

Would you say that those words are a fair representation of an American? I wasn't "crying" over anything. I asked a question. I can see why you have the system you guys have, you deserve it.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jasperfox

So although once we "switch" to universal care, or care that insures everyone has some type of "insurance", every type of care will be "paid" for by the government, private insurance, etc.
That means that anyone who shows up at the hospital to get care, like the majority of illegals who are not covered do when they need care, this will be paid for by all of us. There may not be "coverage" of illegals, but with all of us, (should have put that in quotes too) paying for any care given.

Is this a difficult leap?

If the only care availible is always covered, then we will be covering illegals as well.

Unless this means that we get to ask immigration status at hospitals?

And then we deport said illegals?

I think not.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

You don't think him being booed is the same thing because you think it was a low grumble?

I couldn't understand what Wilson had yelled until I rewound it (I love my Tivo) and listened to it again. Does that mean that you are over reacting to a bunch of nonsense?

I'm not over-reacting. I'm barely reacting at all. I simply maintain it was in very poor form, and the supposed boos at Bush didn't rise to the level of personal name calling.

Booing someone that says something you don't like is pretty tame compared to flat out calling them a liar in front of the entire world.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123
Whether or not it was a lie, or even a slight bending of the truth notwithstanding, the previous president was the most shameless liar ever to hold the office and nobody ever treated him with such disdain.

It was out of line, and now the whole world can see just how far the once admired United States has sunk into the mud.

What flavor is the Kool-Aid today? I've been abstaining, as I'm trying to lose weight.

You can go ahead and drink my portion.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

You asked a question that had already been answered and was very easy to find on google.

That is if you really wanted an answer.

Cry is the right word to use.

Everytime your boy Obama does something questionable we always hear that Bush did it too, as if that makes it alright.

Now Obama is getting the same treatment(on a much smaller scale) and people are crying about it.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Here's another link, took me a minute to find;
townhall.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Whatever you say.

If it makes you feel better to think that way then go ahead. I won't try to debate the differance with you because I don't think there is a chance in hell that it would change anything.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I wasn't "crying" over anything. I asked a question. I can see why you have the system you guys have, you deserve it.

Hey now Intrepid...i know things can get heated...even for a mod...but lets not lump all us Americans together and dismiss us en masse....and no-one deserves the system we currently have, I wouldn't even wish it on the Canadians

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTruthShallFreeYou

LOL. Good find.

She grimaced. She sighed. She rolled her eyes. She fidgeted like a 5-year-old at an opera. And when Mrs. Clinton mustered enough energy to clap, she acted as if there were razor blades strapped to her palms.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

President Obama;
Well the time for bickering is over. The time for games has passed. Now is the season for action. Now is when we must bring the best ideas of both parties together, and show the American people that we can still do what we were sent here to do. Now is the time to deliver on health care.

From Benevolent Heretic
Agreed. There were several good ideas he got from Republicans and I hope they can all work together to get it done! We need this so badly!

I hope you are right...

thehill.com...

Boehner told reporters that the president has not invited House GOP leaders to the White House for meetings on healthcare reform since the end of April.

Earlier this year, GOP leaders sent a letter to the president in May stating that they would like to work with the administration to find "common ground" on healthcare reform.

But the administration responded with a tersely worded letter indicating that they had healthcare reform under control.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by TheTruthShallFreeYou]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123
...Bush didn't rise to the level of personal name calling.

Booing someone that says something you don't like is pretty tame compared to flat out calling them a liar in front of the entire world.

No name-calling was done here, either. "You lie." "You" is the subject. "Lie" would be the predicate. Unless you're claiming by calling the man, "You," he's somehow calling the president names. Perhaps you're going back to the slave days, when slaves would just be referred to as, "You?" "Liar" would be the nominative form of "lie." That word was not used.

Let's not twist other people's words into what we want to hear, m'kay?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Honestly,

all this jazz about healthcare and recession, are just a product of a faulty civilization.

I mean we are what 100 years past electricity and Motorcars, 50 years past TVs, and 20 years past computers, Yet We still require ALL of the worlds population to Do a new form of Hunter / Gathering, this new form ( aside from the old school style of hunting/ fishing / farming ) makes people become reliant upon other people who are making more money and have more resources, follow up that ladder and its a cycle all the way up to the top.

But Why?

In a Age where We can produce all the Food the world's population will need, we can treat the world's population for free, I mean really we can run the world right now for free, doing exactly the samething we have been.

Problem is people would be griping " wheres my paycheck ", very understandable since we need that paycheck to buy the basics. Now many people are stuck working some job they really aren't happy in but need to keep working so they can take care of their basic needs and the needs of their family.

What Im getting at, is
We work so hard to just sustain ourselves, When if we all were provided the basic needs, we can then go forward and Work so hard to better ourselves, our world and our future. We all have special interests, things that fascinate us so much that we wouldnt care how much we made, we would just be happy to be doing it. And yes Im fairly sure the average person has a interest that deep.

I feel the world would benefit with such a simple task as such.

Money is the foundation of Dictatorship. Its a means to control.
But what is it controlling? The Goods and services? Or Us?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
That little "outburst" was all part of the show,folks it keeps the majority of the public believing in the two party system much like all this talk about passing a health-care reform bill it's designed to fail because the insurance companies and their lobbyists don't want it to happen.Enjoy the charade,all of you who post here and still believe in the "two party system.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Boy, sure is quiet in here now.

So BH, Intrepid, any thoughts?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join