It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Yells 'You Lie' During Obama Speech

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This guy is the only one with the balls to day something. This is not a dictatatorship...this is not a monarchy...the president works for us and his constituents.

He is lying. We needed this as a country. We need those opposed to all stand up during these speeches of BS and chant Give us back America!!! That is what our house and senate are there for. Checks and balances and not to allow anything put forth to pass.

We are past partisan politics.This is not a right or left issue. If you want to make comparisons to the last administration Bush was made fun of EVERY DAY on every station and there were MANY outspoken dems that would say alot worse.

Obama is not a god and he is not the saviour...he is a puppet with a teleprompter.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
reply to post by traderjack

I appreciate the effort...can you please provide me with a link or two to investigate you claims?

Otherwise anyone can spout anything...understand?

article

I am certain you will try to contradict this as well. That's the odd thing about dictators, their supporters develop almost a religious fervor when they are challenged.
It was the same with Stalin and Hitler.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by traderjack
1018 page bill: Sec. 59B, Pg. 170, Line 1—“Any NONRESIDENT alien is exempt from individual taxes.”

This is from the proposed HC bill!

[edit on 10-9-2009 by traderjack]

You do realize that if you visited canada, mexico, france etc...you would be a "nonresident alien".....a non-citizen that does not reside there....a visitor...why would someone visiting this country have to file taxes??

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
reply to post by traderjack

I appreciate the effort...can you please provide me with a link or two to investigate your claims?

Otherwise anyone can spout anything...understand?

article

I am certain you will try to contradict this as well. That's the odd thing about dictators, their supporters develop almost a religious fervor when they are challenged.
It was the same with Stalin and Hitler.

NOPE...not going to contradict it...or even address it. I am no longer interested in discussing it with you. God bless the ignore button.

The Stalin and Hitler thing told me everything I need to know about you.

For a while there I was taking you seriously.....Later

[edit on 10-9-2009 by maybereal11]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabisquit
reply to post by pavil

Mr wilson can also expect an Irs audit and a visit by the Truth Squad. Props to the guy for having the stones to stand up against the leftist mafia.

He may be the "president" but not my president. He is only a shill for the PTB.

I would not be surprised I suppose if it's worse than that. You're expected to not rock the boat when you're an elite. They may retaliate in more extreme ways than just an IRS audit...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

A non-resident alien also includes illegal aliens.

I am done arguing with you. You typify what is wrong with the Obama worshiping crowd. You've been challenged, proved wrong, shown the evidence, yet are still unwilling to accept your 'hero' is not what he appears to be.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by traderjack]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FantasmaTaans

V- for vendetta was a graphic novel published when Clinton was president.

As far as this guy acting out of line, senators have shot and beat each other half to death on the senate floor so this senator saying you lie to someone who is lying does not seem like a huge breach in protocal. IMNSHO.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Obama's lips moved, of course he lied. Shesh oh Pete, when people start believing what politicians tell them is the day that democracy ends.

Of course he was right to yell it out during Obama's speech, it's his constitutionally protected first amendment right to say what is on his mind, besides the fact that he would be agreeing with a majority of his constituents in saying so.

Inappropriate? May be, but was he right to do so? Yes he was.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kingoftheworld

I have to agree with you. I know everyone lies (not just politicians) but whether or not someone owns up to it says a lot about their general character.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

A non-resident alien also includes illegal aliens.

Nope. They are two distinctly different categories. Resident AND non-resident aliens are both here legally:

Source

An alien who has temporary or permanent residence in a country (which is foreign to him/her) may be called a resident alien of that country. This is a subset of the aforementioned legal alien category.

An alien who is visiting a country (which is foreign to him/her) may be called a nonresident alien of that country. This is a subset of the aforementioned legal alien category.
An alien who is present in a country (which is foreign to him/her) unlawfully or without the country's authorization may be called an illegal alien of that country.[1] In the United States, such an alien may euphemistically call themself an "undocumented person".

I am done arguing with you.

Clearly.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
According to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, Wilson's Democratic opponent, Rob Miller, received roughly $100,000 in campaign contributions in the 8 hours following the presidential address.[18]

wow.....

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Just thinking out loud... Now if you had a business and you had employees hiding money from you... giving it away... stealing it... having secrets behind your back... running your business in the ground... running your debt up... Wouldn't you fire that employee??????

Remember... these are OUR employees and look at what they have done...

As they say... you can put lipstick on a pig... but it's still a pig. I'm talking about both sides not just one.

I think people are starting to see the big picture now... but the question is: Is it too late?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
A politician calling another politician a liar. I am quite surprised a paradox field did not open right there on the spot and annihilate everyone in the room.

--and as a side note, doesn't that constitute a double negative?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Wilson apologized.

And to think...I almost had respect for a politician...but he caved on his principals just like the rest of them...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Being a supporter of healthcare reform and of our president, I thought the outburst was uncalled for, but IMO was provoked. I thought the overall speech was good, but I think Obama could have left out the divisive comments toward the right. That is not how you gain bipartisan support and I was surprised he used it.

People think the comment was aimed at Obama's comment on illegal immigrants, but I think it was the previous one about death panels is what was the trigger. When Obama was talking about death panels and "promenent politicians" then calling them liars is what provoked the outburst.

What is amazing is that those two words spoken by someone else other than Obama will get more attention than the speech itself.

I would rather focus on what he said here.

Well the time for bickering is over. The time for games has passed. Now is the season for action. Now is when we must bring the best ideas of both parties together, and show the American people that we can still do what we were sent here to do. Now is the time to deliver on health care.

I'll be the first to say it that Obama should take his own advice, but he is still right about everything else on health care.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

This is Government 101, and I never even took it!
The Legislative branch of the government (Congress) MAKES laws. They do not enforce laws or determine how laws are enforced (unless a bill is written with the specific purpose of having a law enforced). The Executive branch enforces laws.

HERE is such a bill. It calls for the enforcement of a law.

You're confusing MAKING laws with ENFORCING them.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Dramey

I agree with you, alot of people on ats have become two-faced....saying one thing one minute and something completly different the next

[edit on 10-9-2009 by Alien Mind]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by xmaddness

I mean this is what the public voted for and now

everyone is scared and turns face because change is actually happening.

The "public" didn't voted for this because if they did they wouldn't be protesting aganist it genuis. Tell me how does it feel to hang on obama every word.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by xmaddness

Its really funny that you believe any president even NEEDS to go through congress anymore to get anything done. Have you ever even heard of EXECUTIVE ORDERS? Even tho there is no constitutional provision stating that they are legal,presidents have been using them since 1789. We have not been following the constitution since its inception. We have not been a republic since the 1788 (When the Constitution was ratified)

Enjoy your freedom!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

The preamble meant to promote SAFETY WITHIN (General Welfare Clause) our country, health has nothing to do with it. It is each persons responsibility and duty to keep himself/herself out of harm and to stay healthy. Take away one right and they are ALL gone.

I have studied the FF extensively and I do not believe they were intending it to mean health care at all. To raise armies and arm them in defense of our country is the general welfare, keep everyone safe WITHIN the borders. Post roads, maintain sanitary conditions and so on. Health CARE in no way is a part of that, period!!!

Again, it is everyones DUTY and RESPONSIBILITY to keep themselves clean and healthy, if they so choose not to, that is their choice and they will suffer the consequences.

I have several friends who are doctors, I have learned much from them, they are not part of the corporate medical establishment, they prefer to be on their own and treat using natural remedies and not Big Pharma drugs made from Crude Oil.

If we were all responsible enough to do this we would not be in this argument at ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can take care of myself as most people on this site and others can as well. Keep your ugly arse nose out of my business GD Federal Government!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join