It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Yells 'You Lie' During Obama Speech

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Once again, hypocrisy abound!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
Can you say nutcase?

When Obama explicitly states that illegal immigrants will not be covered by insurance, there is no, "you lie."

They will not be covered for insurance.

There is no way to identify if they are illegal.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
what the hell is wrong with some people??

constantly people scream on here about how they want someone to step up and challenge the powers that be

finally a government representative actually stands up and calls obama what he is, a damn liar

and now people have the nerve to say it was the wrong forum??

what the hell!?!?!

i dont care where the forum is, or what the situation is, this is a free country, and we the people are supposed to be the ones in true power

ANYTIME/ANYPLACE is the right time and place to challenge corruption and what these liars say when they are corrupting and destroying our country and ignoring the cries and wants of americans

just because hes the elected president doesnt mean a damn thing, we should have learned that from bush

when people in power abuse their power, someone should shout out

i personally think it was great of him, while all of these other jerks are giving constant standing ovations to propaganda filled, single sentences, that the liar has been saying since he started his campaign, someone actually stood up while he was the absolute minority and voiced his opinion

its refreshing to see that the minority can still have the power to voice their side of things and shake things up

what bothers me is the mental state of many here on ats and in our country, one minute they are saying one thing, the next they are saying another

between this situation and the alex jones situation, its like some people have no clue what the hell they want

people scream, fight, argue, and look like complete fools in some of the ways they argue between 911 truth and debunking, people go out of their way to act completely childish and foolish

then someone actually stands up like alex jones and sheen and attempts to create controversy and bring attention in the msm to 911, and the minute they do so, everyone attacks him for "hoaxs" and screams about credibility

people bash obama, the govt, the corrupt, the liars, the health care plan, then someone stands up to represent them, and they turn their backs on that person too

in concluding the bottom line is many people involved in these situations are just plain insane, ignorant, bipolar and absolutely positively mentally disturbed

with this flip flopping constantly its no wonder our nation is in the state its in, its like the american people have no damn clue what they want or how they want it or what the hell they are talking about

people need to really step back and evaluate their mental health and educate themselves as to what they really want before they participate in any more discussions or anything involving politics, this kind of flip flopping is doing nothing more then making the american people look incredibly ignorant

[edit on 10-9-2009 by Dramey]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Hats off to Rep. Joe Wilson. It's good to see someone in Washington still has the balls to tell the mighty "O" to [snip] ! My kinda man!!!! We need more like him IMHO. Good job Joe, except you shouldn't have apologized AT ALL. You should have stood up and told him to stick it.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FantasmaTaans
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

You do know V for Vendetta was made for President Bush Right?

Wrong. The V for Vendetta series of comics was written and published in the 1982 - 1985 timeframe in a British anthology called "Warrior". If you do some figuring, you'll see Reagan was in office then. Bush was vice -p but no, this story was not about him or W. It didn't even take place in the states.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by xmaddness

As always change scares everybody, especially the emotionally unsound.

Can someone tell me where Obama didn't say he was going to make big

changes in office? I mean this is what the public voted for and now

everyone is scared and turns face because change is actually happening.

Honestly I'd just like to see a cap put on health care companies that would

satisfy me enough but this bill wouldn't be to bad either... Wait I think I

here a rich and jealous republican calling, "Your BRAINWASHED!". O it's

so tiresome.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Too bad he apologized. Should have stuck to it and said a lot more. This could have been an significant motive. He seems to have been the only non-traitor in the room.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

i am all for calling someone out on their bovine excrement. but only if you can support your position with clear facts, free from any ambiguity. else you are just a loud mouth.

this representative should be reprimanded for his foolish actions.

-subfab

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by slicobacon

Originally posted by FantasmaTaans
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

You do know V for Vendetta was made for President Bush Right?

Wrong. The V for Vendetta series of comics was written and published in the 1982 - 1985 timeframe in a British anthology called "Warrior". If you do some figuring, you'll see Reagan was in office then. Bush was vice -p but no, this story was not about him or W. It didn't even take place in the states.

Guy Fawkes was V's Inspiration.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by IAMTOPSECRET]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
haha good job Joe Wilson ... id vote for him.

"But Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.), one of Obama's most consistent critics, saw some room for compromise. "It was a good speech, the problem is that what he wants and what they've written are two totally different things," said Coburn, an OB-GYN. “I'm willing to compromise to get things fixed. But I'm not willing to put the government in charge because we don't have a good track record.""
taken from this article
news.yahoo.com...

seems like the liberals and the dems have burnt a bridge with the American public rather than Joe Wilson with them

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

They can't and they won't. I'll give you a hint....Wal-Mart.

No joke...its coming.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

He is lying, plain and simple. It was always the plan that illegal immigrant would be insured. The dems need the future votes.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
If he wasn't going to be sanctioned, then why apologize. If anything it would be yet another spotlight on this horrendous bill/plan.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
It may just be me but I found it quite amusing, however I see people in this thread going on about how the Republicans have no respect, that the Obama health care bill is rubbish etc. Partisan debate mostly.

Can't you see this is all just a facade to keep you occupied while the "special interests" and lobbyists continue to wreck your country.

Break the Left - Right Prison.

Check this thread out.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04
I hope I word this as I intend it.

I feel that there is a time and place for passionate, public debate. That said, I would not have been alright with a congressman yelling out in the middle of a speech by President Bush (with whom I wholeheartedly and vehemently disagreed 99.9% of the time,) and I am not alright with a congressman doing so during President Obama's (whose alleged intentions I agreed with during his campaign, but for whom I did not vote and with whom I currently also passionately and vehemently disagree around 90% of the time) speech either.

Whether I agree or disagree with Obama, he is the President, and he was giving a speech to a joint session of congress. I have never seen an outburst like this, and if didn't happen during the aftermath of 9/11 and the Iraq invasion, then I can't see how it's warranted now either by any means.

If people disagree with the president, I hope they passionately, and vehemently voice that disagreement. Just not while he's speaking before congress.

That's my opinion.

I agree with you, to a certain extent. However, he is not being confronted by anybody regarding the ridiculous claims his reform is or isn't going to do. HE needs to be held accountable.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by patent98310

Your post should have 50 stars for showing the TRUTH of the matter, but for some people, the truth is just an inconvenient roadblock on the the glorious road of Bash-Obama fest 2009.

This has been discussed before but people just ignore it because it gets in the way of their agenda.

This bill does NOT cover people who are "not lawfully present in the US". Period. No one is claiming that illegal immigrants will LOSE any health care they are now receiving, but THIS BILL will NOT insure or cover or address those "not lawfully present".

What Joe Wilson shouted is not true and he should have apologized. He should be on his freaking knees apologizing. He made a town hall mockery of the president's address to Congress. He's an idiot and he's ignorant as well. Perhaps HE should read the damn thing.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Not very mature if you ask me. This is a speech not a town hall meeting. What an arse.
Did any of the Congressmen call names when Bush spoke? just asking.

Oh Democrats *would* never do that.....

*rolls eyes

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teeks

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Not very mature if you ask me. This is a speech not a town hall meeting. What an arse.
Did any of the Congressmen call names when Bush spoke? just asking.

Oh Democrats *would* never do that.....

*rolls eyes

You people have a short memory.......................

mediamatters.org...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Please! There's ALWAYS a loophole for illegals.

The current Health Care Reform bill (HR 3200), has language that claims illegal aliens will not receive health care benefits under the legislation, however there are no enforcement measures in the bill so the claim is moot. A recent release from the Center for Immigration Studies finds that 6.6 million illegal aliens could benefit from this new legislation costing American taxpayers 31 Billion!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Hell, my step-father was yelling that Obama was lying with every other thing coming out of the mans mouth, and it was sickening to watch all the people in Congress stand up and plant their lips to his behind.

Cotton candy words, gumdrop dreams, and rainbow smiles, that is all Obama is and ever was, and ever will be.

He never said anything with any sort of real credible backing, it lacked details completely.

I do not want to hear the President speaking in light airy words, I want facts, and he gave none.

When politician's speak in light airy, hope, change, and no details, you had better watch out.

Cotton Candy Words, Gumdrop Dreams, and Rainbow Smiles : Mr Obama's Sugar High

For forty-five minutes of sermon, because that's what that was, I got the feeling he was bluffing way through and his real plans will never be told until they are implemented.

Then we're all screwed.

Obama is a good speech giver, and nothing more, even his sweet and sticky speeches make me sick.

I give speeches all the time and what is said in content, intent, and verbiage is important, and Obama all but said absolutely nothing, with a few pretty keywords, and names thrown in for good measure.

What Obama should have said and done is to shut down the Health Insurance Industry altogether, completely, and regulate the Health Industry itself so that the costs are reasonable, not the exorbitant rates they are now where we need Health Insurance to begin with, because if the if doctors were not allowed to charge such outrageous fees and the hospitals were not allowed to charge an arm and a leg for your bill, we would not need Health Insurance, at all.

That would as well take a large part of the bureaucratic wall down so there is no more maze to go through in order to get help to get the bill covered, it would not need to be covered if it were not so high to begin with.

My now ex-girlfriend and I were discussing having children, and without insurance it costs $10,000 which is nuts to me, there is no way that having a baby should cost that much.

Left-Wing, Right-Wing, This Turkey, Knows How To Soar Like An Eagle

[edit on 10-9-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join