It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Yells 'You Lie' During Obama Speech

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by infolurker

I don't care if we have healthcare reform as long as it is as GOOD OR BETTER than what I have today!

To trust the government at all is down right stupid. The republicans and the democrats are working for corporate and banking interests, and not the US citizen. This was brought home to American farmers when first Clinton, then Bush and now Obama sided with Monsanto, and the Ag/Pharma Cartel to sell out not only the US farmers and consumers but the poor the world over. History of the Food Supply Take Over

If you do not think the Banks, insurance companies and the Ag/Pharma Cartel are going to be the winners in this health Care bill you are nuts.

Here are a couple of examples of how the banks are going to benefit. First the money for this program has to be borrowed, and the money borrowed is created out of thin air by the FED. What happens to your increase in tax dollars then? The banks get ALL of it!

"With two-thirds of everyone's personal income taxes wasted or not collected, 100 percent of what is collected is absorbed solely by interest on the Federal debt and by Federal Government contributions to transfer payments. In other words, all individual income tax revenues are gone before one nickel is spent on the services which taxpayers expect from their Government." - from the Grace Commission Report famguardian.org...

Here is the other way banks are going to profit from the Health Care bill

The bankers plan to buy “life settlements,” life insurance policies that ill and elderly people sell for cash — $400,000 for a $1 million policy, say, depending on the life expectancy of the insured person. Then they plan to “securitize” these policies, in Wall Street jargon, by packaging hundreds or thousands together into bonds. They will then resell those bonds to investors, like big pension funds, who will receive the payouts when people with the insurance die.

The earlier the policyholder dies, the bigger the return — though if people live longer than expected, investors could get poor returns or even lose money....
www.nytimes.com...

Opponents of the bills made the following claims:

• Claim 1: PG 425 Lines 4-12 Government mandates Advance Care Planning Consult. Think Senior Citizens end of life.

• Claim 2: PG 425 Lines 17-19 Government will instruct & consult regarding living wills, durable powers of atty. Mandatory!

• Claim 3: PG 425 Lines 22-25, 426 Lines 1-3 Government provides approved list of end of life resources, guiding you in death.

• Claim 4: PG 429 Lines 1-9 An “advance care planning consultant” will be used frequently as patients health deteriorates.

• Claim 5: PG 429 Lines 10-12 “advance care consultation” may include an ORDER for end of life plans. AN ORDER from Government.

• Claim 6: PG 429 Lines 13-25 The Government will specify which Doctors can write an end of life order. Logan’s Run anyone?

• Claim 7: PG 430 Lines 11-15 The Government will decide what level of treatment you will have at end of life.

These claims were matched with what was in Bill and explored at ATS The claims were found to be true or to have at least have some basis

So add up the facts:

"End of Life" care is to be regulated by the government including withholding of care.
Bankers/Speculators will make more money if you croak as soon as possible
Discussions of denying health care based on the cost benefit ratio depending on age and other factors
Your health care records may become public domain

I find this behind the scenes scenario very chilling indeed. Is this what the advocates of health care wish. Banker/Speculators who find it advantagious to have the government commit "legal murder"?

Best post I have seen here. Doesn't anyone else get it? Of course the POTUS is a liar, they have been for years. All part of the puppet syndrome being danced around by the Rothschilds and company. How hard is that to wrap you head around? Shame no one else stood up and spoke out, I would have.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by FantasmaTaans

You do know V for Vendetta was made for President Bush Right?

Oh yes, The Wachowski brothers wrote The Matrix for Bush as well. They like to pop into the Whorehouse from time to time and give foot rubs to Condescending Rice too. Ok, PLEASE show me some solid proof of your claim, and I will put solid cash in your bank account.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by xmaddness

No, I don't think he was justified in showing such bad manners. Whether or not he disagrees with Obama is not the point. There are certain rules for decorum and behavior during a speech to the Congress and he showed extremely bad taste. Oh well, this is the age of rudeness anyway so I guess we will see more of this. If you don't like Obama then support your candidate to run against him in 2012. That is the way a democracy is supposed to work.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by otheym
reply to post by xmaddness

No, I don't think he was justified in showing such bad manners. Whether or not he disagrees with Obama is not the point. There are certain rules for decorum and behavior during a speech to the Congress and he showed extremely bad taste. Oh well, this is the age of rudeness anyway so I guess we will see more of this. If you don't like Obama then support your candidate to run against him in 2012. That is the way a democracy is supposed to work.

Have you NEVER seen the British parliament when they meet? Good god man, they yell and scream all kinds of things, never liar but still. It is not rudeness either, it is calling the kettle black which it is. If someone does not step up and call out these lies and corrupt legislation, then we are all a bunch of pansies. And elections are rigged, so that won't work either. A democracy? We live in a REPUBLIC. Democracy is a communist idealogy.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
That's the British Parliament.

This the United States Congress.

Different rules for different systems.

Representative Wilson will wait after the proceedings are over to give his opinion.

When they are in session, decorum is always upheld.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The Americans are too polite, you should check out the Houses of Parliament. They always yell out obsenities and roar with laughter at eachother, its quite entertaining.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Right now is not the time for decorum because that is what got us here. Everyone should be able to speak their mind at anytime especially an elected official. He called him a liar. If he called him an Uncle Tom, I could see issues with it but he was calling him out.

Obama should at that point directly addressed the gentleman and worked through the issue. Did not happen. Nope. Nothing did. Instead, our president tells us that this what we need and not to listen to anyone but yourself and what you need. I think that is the definition of selfishness and that is not what our country was based on.

We do not need change we need progress. It is time for a new country, a new constitution and a new direction for this new millennium.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
No one's stopping them from speaking their mind outside the halls.

We only ask for decorum to be held within them. We're not animals here. If you can't make your point without screaming like a two year old, then it's dumb...

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
excessive quotes removed

[edit on 13-9-2009 by stevegmu]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu

Originally posted by Mak Manto
That's the British Parliament.

This the United States Congress.

Different rules for different systems.

Representative Wilson will wait after the proceedings are over to give his opinion.

When they are in session, decorum is always upheld.

Really, decorum is always upheld? I guess this never happened-
CodePink Founder Interrupts Iraqi PM’s Speech To Congress in Protest Against Iraq War

Perhaps Wilson should have been arrested like she was? What's your point, or are you trying to distort the argument??

From your source:

The protester, CODEPINK’s Medea Benjamin, was arrested and charged with disrupting Congress.

link

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Thank you, Clay, excellent point. A star for you.

Besides, Steve, she's not apart of Congress. She rightfully got what she deserved.

These are congressmen. They KNOW what happens in there. Decorum is always held.

What one citizen does will not define what Congress will do.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
No one's stopping them from speaking their mind outside the halls.

We only ask for decorum to be held within them. We're not animals here. If you can't make your point without screaming like a two year old, then it's dumb...

Great point again. Acting like a 2 year old should not be rewarded. This guy is low class period.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

No... but he had shoes thrown at him

Did you know 98% of all turtles cant speak fluten English (Yay, no longer a 1 line post)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Hey!

What do ya know!

Obama did lie.

www.bizpacreview.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join