It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Yells 'You Lie' During Obama Speech

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Yeah, I bet there's no sneering nerds at whatever kind of conclave that there Andrew Sullivan goes to...just a bunch of strong silent manly types who manage somehow to improve the lives of people they have never met, without doing anything in particular except serving as examples of human feelings and decency.

That's a clotted hairball he emitted there, fer sure. I did very much enjoy you bringing it up...seriously...it was like reading an over-the-top poem.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by pavil

Haha the Founding Fathers did A LOT more than that to each other during their time. I think there should be more shouting and yelling short of physical violence. I think it's good for the human spirit and good for America. We've become such emotional PC robots in this country. Nobody has any passion, anger, energy anymore. Maybe if Congress yelled at each other a little more and yelled at the President none of them would feel like elitist scum thinking they can get away with whatever they want to. Screw decorum WE NEED CHANGE!

I could not agree more.

Part of me hopes that Wilson was hijacked by the collective conscious energy generated from a large number at home thinking and / or yelling "LIAR!!!" at their TV.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AliBruh

I don't know that people are really offended by what Wilson did, maybe just a few here have complained, the majority applaud it. I would like to think I've seen a slice of American opinion here today. That would have to assume that ATS members are average Americans though.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
...Congressmen shouldn't shout down the sitting President as a point of decorum, regardless of how much you disagree with him or his statements, it's just poor taste...
It just makes us seem so ........ British. Just kidding there, take it easy on me.

Fully agree. Those who represent us should maintain a certain civility and this was out of line. But the line about this behavior being sorta British, well, has anyone here actually seen Parliment when they're in disagreement? If I was in the UK it would rile me to no end that my "leaders" act that way in a supposed professional setting. We have our jackasses over here, but at least they are quiet when others are speaking! (most of the time lol) I really feel bad for our British friends.

Sorry off topic.

Anyway, yeah this guy needs a slap and a fine and we can move on. I hate partisanship, I hate party-based politics altogether.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
he is a liar. So what exactly is the problem here?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Not all progress is real progress.

If Pelosi or Obama had been on the floor in Rome, they'd have been stabbed to death.

Now THAT's the way to get the job done!

And those Koreans with their open free-for-alls are just a riot to watch.

In any other time, in any other place, Pelosi, Reid, and Obama would at least have been dragged out back for an old-fashioned-country-ass-whipping.

Gives folks a new perspective.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by xmaddness

can't blame the guy. it must be hard being in the room with that much bs. he should have waited until after the speech to correctly identify the president as a liar. as for a bipartisan approach, obama ruined any chance of that with his childish attacks from the podium last night.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTruthShallFreeYou

Page 12:
reply to post by TheTruthShallFreeYou

I already addressed this here. I condemned the Democrats for heckling and booing Bush.

Next thing I know you're accusing me of deflecting. I have read every one of your posts. And I have answered every one. If there is something else you'd like to know, let me know. I will be happy to respond.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic
reply to post by xmaddness

can't blame the guy. it must be hard being in the room with that much bs. he should have waited until after the speech to correctly identify the president as a liar. as for a bipartisan approach, obama ruined any chance of that with his childish attacks from the podium last night.

Childish is right. Obama is like a spoiled brat.
It's not just the BS speech. It's the way he said it.
- Unprofessional - I give him a D- on his speech and his performance.
If i was sitting on the Republican side i would have sat there and just
typed on my Blackberry the entire time.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Obama: 'If you misrepresent what's in the plan, we will call you out'

Sounds like instant karma.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Anyone seen this article yet?

I find it very... entertaining. Wilson sure is a stand up guy, isn't he?

/sarcasm

[edit on 10-9-2009 by DemonicAngelZero]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Highground

Originally posted by Angus123

Whether or not it was a lie, or even a slight bending of the truth notwithstanding, the previous president was the most shameless liar ever to hold the office and nobody ever treated him with such disdain.

It was out of line, and now the whole world can see just how far the once admired United States has sunk into the mud.

What flavor is the Kool-Aid today? I've been abstaining, as I'm trying to lose weight.

You can go ahead and drink my portion.

Do you have a point or are you just gonna sit there looking adorable?

Don't worry though sweetie, you have plenty of people out there screaming on the news every night that think you're an intellectual

[edit on 10-9-2009 by Angus123]

You seemingly ignored this:

...Bush didn't rise to the level of personal name calling.

Booing someone that says something you don't like is pretty tame compared to flat out calling them a liar in front of the entire world.

No name-calling was done here, either. "You lie." "You" is the subject. "Lie" would be the predicate. Unless you're claiming by calling the man, "You," he's somehow calling the president names. Perhaps you're going back to the slave days, when slaves would just be referred to as, "You?" "Liar" would be the nominative form of "lie." That word was not used.

Let's not twist other people's words into what we want to hear, m'kay?

Oh my god! I could just gobble you up you're so cute

But you know you are correct... telling someone they lie isn't the same thing as calling them a liar. Just like saying someone raped you isn't calling them a rapist.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
No matter if you like Obama, or you hate him, he is the president, and that kind of behavior is not to be tolerated. He is in the highest elected office that exists. His office commands respect. Even if he isn't someone you personally respect. The congressman did say what most in the room were thinking, but instead of the news focusing on the meat and potatoes of his speech, now everybody is all giddy over this mess.

As far as the proposal itself, anything that you have to rush through before anybody gets to understand it, should be voted down if for only that reason. The healthcare reform should start with some small changes to help the overall problem. If you start with a complete total transformation of an unproven idea, what idiot would vote for that?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

Gobble them up?

sorry for the one liner, sometimes that's all you have

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Joe Wilson was PAID $250,000 by health care industry!

ATS: "You Lie" Congressman Wilson Paid $250K by the health care industry!

[edit on (9/11/09) by AllSeeingI]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Now BH, if I have to define deflection for you, this is going to be a long day.

For the sake of this thread, I will assume you are being honest about not knowing that you did deflect, and readdress the issue.

The fact is, regardless of your feelings for the current President, that this has not been a bipartisan push. It started with Republicans whining, but progressed when the Dems refused to participate in a discussion that represented both sides.
Done.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
Joe Wilson was PAID OFF $250,000 by health care reform oppositionists in the healthcare industry for his "YOU LIE" outburst!

ATS: "You Lie" Congressman Wilson Paid $250K for His Outburst!

Let's not twist the facts. Over the course of his career 250k was donated to his campaign by the Health Care Industry. You are no better than Obama or the Obama-bashers for this comment.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
He was right but wrong to apologize reply to post by xmaddness

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

It's exactly the same principle as calling someone's actions stupid, but not calling them stupid

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
I stopped reading when you said that we need more bipartisan support

you want change, get out of the facade of a two-party system
"oh should we screw our nation this way or that way" party!

Good luck in life bro!

Well said! As soon as I hear that a person brags that he/she is a republican or a democrat, conservative or liberal, I want to get sick.

It was so refreshing to hear an official call Obama what he was, a liar. Those that say Obama did not lie, than you are just playing with words.

Fact remains that Obama has almost zero control on what "in the middle of night" last minute amendment get sleazily hidden in the final health care bill. Another pathetic fact is that congress votes on many bills without ever reading what is in them! Since these facts happened many times and there is no final bill when Obama made the following statement; he lied and calling it by any other name is still a lie:

“There are also those who claim that our reform efforts would insure illegal immigrants,” said Obama. “This, too, is false.”

Since Obama promised this to the American people on national TV and he fully realizes he does not have the power to ensure what he stated; he lied.

People in America better wake up and shed this pathetic two party system (which in actuality is just one party of elitists) before there is nothing left in America for either party to even piss at one another.

How people can go around being cattle for either "party" is beyond me. Fact remains that the democrats & the republicans have literally closed the door to an honest and fair election for US President, unless a person gives up his soul to either party. Just look at what they did to Dr Paul (www.youtube.com...) simply because he wants to bring in an era where the US Constitution might actually mean something again... and he was one of their own!
Americans should completely denounce both parties and demand a return of their Constitution and a total election process over-haul.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join