It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlie Sheen "interviews" President Obama

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I really dont see what the big hoax is? To me, it looks like an an individual like Alex Jones & a celebrity named Charlie Sheen trying to give justice to thousands of innocent people!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
We can no longer trust infowars.

Alex Jones has lost all credibility.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Hahahahahahaha

An open letter to the President requesting a new investigation with subpoena power makes you not want to trust infowars?

Really?

Alex Jones has lost all credibility because he published the letter?

Really?

Why?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by squidboy

Originally posted by rich23
This is a fascinating event.

But here's the thing. I really, REALLY object to getting an email from ATS staff inviting me to jump on the Jones-dissing bandwagon.

It's hypocritical for a start: the T&C makes it very difficult to get people organised... but the Admin team have no problem in doing it. I really don't like that disparity.

Check your facts yourself
Don't put your faith in individuals

That deserves a thread. That's very concerning news...

I'm shocked.

LOL! A Jewish website invites people to dis Alex Jones.
It's the cover up for the cover up.

Edit to fix bolding tags

[edit on 9/9/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

You hate AJ we know now go listen to the real truth tellers CNN, Fox, Msnbc. They will never let you down

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I support Sheen's letter, however I do NOT support an interview being made up. If AJ did not fake the interview and posted the article without reviewing it then I question other information he has posted. If he doesn't review what he posts how do we know what is on InfoWars is true or false?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by adrenochrome

THIS IS A HOAX
This is a fictional interview that never happened

[edit on 8-9-2009 by SkepticOverlord]

I call for this to be changed or revised. This is an Essay, not an interview. This is an Open letter to the President, not an event.

Reasons to revise:

a) Disclaimer is on the site. Regardless of the length of time it took to get placed up there (could have been on purpose, could have been technical error). They disclaimed the interview, not another news outlet.

b) Twenty Minutes with the President is an Essay. An open letter to the President. An essay, open letter, can not be a Hoax. It is a letter requested an interview which may or may not happen.

c) emails received by abovetopsecret.com members to DIGG this story. Why Digg a Hoax story? What's the motivation of that? Alot of the members didn't receive emails to DIGG before this thread, why now?

Revise or not, it makes the moderators look biased.

This is not an interview. This is an Essay with a disclaimer, nothing more.

The Hoax alert is wrong in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by angelx666

hello, maybe there is a hidden agenda under Jones hoax is to attract attention of Obama ? so Obama would come out to say, 'hey , i didnt do it', so the Real Interview could be conducted ?

are you kidding,,,,, obama is stone silent on his green czar screw up

america voted for thequestions he would answer,,, a marijuana question wins and he sidesteps it and makes a joke of it
\

so again r u kidding

are you trying to convince us or yourself because you wanna believe???

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
People are upset because Mr. Jones professes to be anti-mass-manipulation by the media, yet for 90 minutes he utilized those exact tactics against his own viewers/listeners in the (apparently in vain) hope that it might garner widespread mainstream media attention.

The War of the Worlds analogy doesn't go any length toward excusing this in my personal opinion, because War of the Worlds was an entirely fictional radio program that wasn't based upon a real life tragedy that cost the lives of thousands of people, and which to many represents one of the most subversive deceptions of the public by a government in history. (Whether one agrees with that view or not is irrelevant. The point is that this is why people's emotions are running so high regarding this.)

Whether you want to call it a hoax, a lie, a deception, a story, or a work of art, the fact remains that a lot of us hold the opinion that Jones acted with extreme hypocrisy and an offensive degree of duplicity in this instance. People are free to respectfully disagree of course, and I both respect and understand that. However, people keep implying that to be upset about this is to somehow be myopic or something. I couldn't agree with that less, and here is why (as I said in the other thread):

In my opinion, the reason many people are upset about this has nothing to do with:

1) whether or not this was a brilliant move intended to (successfully, probably) get as many people as possible to read the evidence cited in the otherwise fictitious interview
2) whether or not one previously placed any stock in or attributed any credence to anything Alex Jones said or espoused
3) whether or not one is capable of seeing or acknowledging how this might create impetus or support for such an interview (or at least the perception of the appropriateness of such an interview) to actually occur
or 4) whether or not in the end, more people become enlightened about the aforementioned evidence cited in the otherwise fictitious interview

People are fully capable of recognizing all of the above potential, while still disagreeing with, being offended by, and expressing dismay about the means by which it may or may not end up being achieved in the final analysis somewhere down the road.

If some of the above comes about as a result of this, I can be pleased about that yet still take major issue with how it was done. If the government lies to me in order to manipulate me and enough of society to affect change that is somehow, in the end, positive, I can be happy about said change without agreeing with the lie.

The two are not mutually exclusive, it is not a black or white discussion, and people who are upset about this stunt are not automatically myopic, unenlightened, or somehow not seeing the forest for the trees.

Just my personal opinion.

EDIT: Nor does being upset about this mean one "hates" Alex Jones.

[edit on 9/9/2009 by AceWombat04]

[edit on 9/9/2009 by AceWombat04]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I very much appreciate his thread being changed
Hoax or Accident is much more impartial.

Some people here at ATS hate Alex some people like Alex but ATS is an impartial body and this helps to prove that.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
nevermind

[edit on 9/9/09 by dallas18]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by topsecretombomb
I really dont see what the big hoax is? To me, it looks like an an individual like Alex Jones & a celebrity named Charlie Sheen trying to give justice to thousands of innocent people!

I also have yet to see what the big deal is. Perhaps I am just missing the point. It looks like people are just using this as an excuse to bash on Jones. I am not an Alex Jones supporter, but jeez louise, people tend to take what he says and does WAY too seriously. Makes them sound like a bunch of school kids, and they say Jones is the one hurting their credibility?

Originally posted by squidboy

I call for this to be changed or revised. This is an Essay, not an interview. This is an Open letter to the President, not an event.

Reasons to revise:

a) Disclaimer is on the site. Regardless of the length of time it took to get placed up there (could have been on purpose, could have been technical error). They disclaimed the interview, not another news outlet.

b) Twenty Minutes with the President is an Essay. An open letter to the President. An essay, open letter, can not be a Hoax. It is a letter requested an interview which may or may not happen.

c) emails received by abovetopsecret.com members to DIGG this story. Why Digg a Hoax story? What's the motivation of that? Alot of the members didn't receive emails to DIGG before this thread, why now?

Revise or not, it makes the moderators look biased.

This is not an interview. This is an Essay with a disclaimer, nothing more.

The Hoax alert is wrong in my opinion.

Ah. There it is then. That makes more sense than some off-the-wall 'hoaxed interview'. So the disclaimer wasn't there for 90 WHOLE minutes? Or was it rounded? I have to agree with everything in that post Squidy, the 'Hoax' tag is not warranted here.

Chrono

P.S. On a side note, do we really need two different threads on the same subject?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

He never lost credibility. He cannot lose what he never had.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
In everything, there is at least one grain of truth - and it's up to each individual to find out what it is. If it resonates with their heart and mind, then that is their perceived reality, and no one else, not even God (if you are believer) can sway a mind.

I would say that despite everything, that there is LOTS of disinformation being fed to us, the general public.

It's not too late to wake up and do something about it...even though the numbers are small, we can be powerful and make ourselves heard.

Those who stand up on their own, without like-minded people at their sides, are quickly discredited and disinformation spread on them through every news outlet on the planet.

United we stand, divided we fall.

Forget the 'faceplate' problem of what's focused on in elections, it's been the same 'bum-fodder' we've been discussing for decades and it's not getting any better, only worse. Instead of focusing solely upon the problems, we should start focusing on the solutions.

If people don't wake up and start finding what binds us together, as a people, and a nation and stand united, divided we shall surely fall.

I know everyone loves a good argument, but let's put the 'faceplate' problems aside and focus on some real solutions here. It's easy to find problems and point them out, so easy, in fact a 5 year old can do it with a surprising amount of accuracy and clarity.

The solutions on the other hand, take actual real thinking and 'maturity' (if there really is such a thing anymore) as well as common sense and a goal to achieve.

Let's focus our energies to accomplish something here, rather than bickering and the usual 'back and forth'.

We also must lose the whole 'I'm right and you're wrong' mentality. Nobody has to lose for someone else to win, after all, isn't the end goal here, not mere party lines or 'faceplate' problems, but rather a Government that is responsible to it's people for it's actions, policies and decisions?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I think a lot of people defending Jones and infowars in this thread simply aren't aware of the scope of the fraud involved in this stunt. People are upset because Jones hyped the event as a massive bombshell that would shock the world, make national news headlines, and be the biggest story of his 14yr career. Charlie Sheen interviewing President Barack Obama on behalf of the 9/11 Truth Movement would, in my opinion, qualify as the biggest thing Jones has ever done. Getting Charlie Sheen to draft up a fictional interview however definitely would not qualify.

So when the "interview" first appeared on infowars without the disclaimer, I'm compelled to believe that it was done intentionally in order for the scope of the event to fit everybody's expectations. This coupled with the fact that infowars has decided to cover up the fraud instead of dealing with it responsibly tells me that this was no accident. Clearly it was a stunt to generate interest in a non-event event and it was an epic failure for Mr. Jones.

Anyone who knows the facts and believes otherwise probably has some kind of attachment to Mr. Jones that is preventing them to think critically about this whole situation.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Alex Jones could be an agent.
An agent working to put the whole 911 thing to rest.
This thing he just did... made the whole 911 ''truth'' thing look goofy.
He is nailing the coffin shut!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beefcake
I very much appreciate his thread being changed
Hoax or Accident is much more impartial.

Some people here at ATS hate Alex some people like Alex but ATS is an impartial body and this helps to prove that.

Of course, Alex will say it was an accident, oversight,,,whatever. But remember this was planned over several weeks. Nothing was left to "chance or oversight". The FACT that the disclaimer was not on the "interview" was by design, in my opinion and probably instigated by Charlie Sheen. Alex was just a star-struck puppy in the Hollywood celebs hands. Alex has no more influence for many of us.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   

For the first 90+ minutes of availability, the InfoWars.com website was presenting this article as an actual interview by Charlie Sheen with President Obama. Some time after the interview first appeared, the comments, "What you have just read didn’t actually happen… yet," were added to the article on InfoWars.com.

It was always there on www.prisonplanet.com
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/099427896acf.png[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neo-V™

For the first 90+ minutes of availability, the InfoWars.com website was presenting this article as an actual interview by Charlie Sheen with President Obama. Some time after the interview first appeared, the comments, "What you have just read didn’t actually happen… yet," were added to the article on InfoWars.com.

Oh, yeah? Checkout this screenprint from the first 90 minutes it was up. Now where do you see this disclaimer? Huh?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

Originally posted by Neo-V™

Oh, yeah? Checkout this screenprint from the first 90 minutes it was up. Now where do you see this disclaimer? Huh?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

i dont think hes gonna get it..

[edit on 9-9-2009 by end of]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join