It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlie Sheen "interviews" President Obama

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

And, from this moment forward, the next time mainstream media sees a stunning credible-seeming on another "alternative media" site such as ATS, most of them will be doubting our credibility. Like it or not, Jones is a visible, vocal, and often cited face/voice of conspiracy theory... his action this morning have made all our efforts more difficult.

It's a shame too. The letter is decent.

No one should be buying the stories on any of these sites - infowars, ATS, and the MSM alike - without their own verifications anyway. In the spirit of denying ignorance, we should always be demanding evidence, and when there is no evidence we should be treating it - as Nick Pope would say - as "Interesting, if true". Skeptical but open minded...

This is especially important for people who call themselves journalists, sadly we don't have many of those these days, most are just mere reporters, or as some would say, repeaters. Much of the MSM barely does any legwork to check facts anymore, and it's sad.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by harpsounds]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
What a classic interview, Charlie Sheen certainly has gained a lotof respect after this.

What?

Screw that - I hope its Jones who now has LOST his flock.

That wayne kerr is a shill.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

All that to say two wrongs do make a right? Or am I misunderstanding?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Wow what an embarassment.
I have never followed Alex Jones but I am a conspiracy theorist 100%.
Its a darn shame and NOT COOL at all.
It will work in the favor of TPTB and not us truth seekers.
What a pity.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Mods, i'm confused

I just got a V2V saying spread the truth with a link to the unaltered version.

Does that mean that the unaltered version is NOT fake?
As the unaltered version is an interview between charlie sheen and Obama that really happened?

The V2V didn't specificy and now i'm confused.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Does this spider have 7 or 8 legs?

The content of the message has 8 while it's means of delivery has 7.

In the End, what this achieved was a mass awakening of truth about 9/11 and previous false flag operations.

Alex and Charlie knew there would be a price (credibility) to pay for the 'message' though if informing the public of the truth about who runs D.C. and the Pentagon, while at the same time promoting the site for what it reveals, the scales of Justice lean For Liberty and Jurisprudence.

In due time, all is revealed while the Emperor, not E-mperor is found once again to wear no clothes.

Greed and the lust for power is a foolish endeavor for All involved. History appears to be doomed to repeat.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I never listened Jones cause of his annoying screaming voice and body language. Now he brought all 'conspiracy sites' to shame. i vote to ban and discredit Jones and his website

he is just promoting his Obama movie that's all

Icke is the same gnom with his world turs

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I would rather listen to someone who has a broadcast out of their basement with operatives going out and looking for news covertly. Alex Jones unfortunately is main stream. He does and says what he is allowed to and that's that. He has sponsors after all.

What is really needed is underground activity with no sponsors except for public donation. Nothing against the law of course but a grass roots effort at getting to the truth. Money is what it takes of course. You can pay off waiters,bellhops,cooks,cleaners,maintenance personnel,security, and others to keep you informed just like the paparazzi use.

People are also willing to volunteer. A large part of the costs are in travel and expenses. You could do a lot with a few million.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by Maxmars

All that to say two wrongs do make a right? Or am I misunderstanding?

My apologies if I muddled my meaning.

In a word, hardly.

But some people - mostly ideologues who worship their ideology - DO believe quite fervently that the MEANS justifies the ENDS.

That's not my style, but I do recognize that this will be the framework of any forthcoming rebuttals.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

OK, I understand what your saying. Thanks for clarifying

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
This was an absolutely ridiculous stunt. I have followed Alex Jones for some time now, on and off, but his actions in terms of this 'big announcement' really make me question both his judgement and possibly even his mental stability.

To those are defending his actions, I must say most employ a childish belief and faith "give it time" etc etc. The ones defending Jones here are likely his teenage and young fans. Sorry, but this stunt is an absolute failure and simply reprehensible. Let me summarize.

Jones has hyped this for days, biggest move of his career, etc. The morning of, when all his listeners have stayed up all night in excitement, they post a FAKE interview without a disclaimer with Charlie Sheen. Most people read this and assumed that Charlie Sheen had interviewed the President, and hoped it been captured on audio or on film.

Then 90 minutes later, a disclaimer is added , at the END of the article, saying it did not take place "yet" which only added to the confusion.

People begin posting their distaste at this stunt, and Jones has his mods lock all comments for the bull# reason of 'traffic'.

Then on the show -- he goes off on the guy who called in and said he was disappointed that it was not real.

What a bunch of bull#! How is this news? On his show he was trying to spin the stunt's failure that the 'news' was that Charlie Sheen was demanding an interview with the President? Are you F---ing kidding me? No offense to Charlie Sheen, but an F list celebrity with public drug problems demands an interview with the President? That's the highlight of Jones' career? I mean seriously, come the f--- on.

Jones has interviewed Ron Paul, Congressmen, etc and this is IT? I really wonder about his mental state. Either he is so far off in his own world he did not realize this was a terrible idea that was destined to fail, or else he has deliberately (consciously or subconsciously) sabatoged himself. In either way, this does not bode well for his credibility or for that of the general 'truth' movements.

ESPECIALLY because this 'interview' with the President was intentionally deceptive. The original archived page is up here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Saying they accidently left off the disclaimer is absolute nonsense. That doesn't fly with me and it should not fly with anyone else.

I think the only question here is whether this is a matter of piss poor judgement or whether Jones is some sort of front designed to discredit and sabatoge. I will cast my vote for the former-- that this was absolute piss poor judgement and even somewhat delusional. I meen, they thought this nonsense would go viral? To accomplish what? Charlie Sheen interviewing the President on 9/11 Truth? Sheen is an ACTOR not a STATESMAN. In the Roman Empire, actors were not worthy of public service.

Even if we got another investigation open, it would be another whitewash. The government is CORRUPT. The banks are CORRUPT. We are better off monitoring and preparing for things like the flu pandemic, martial law, economic collapse, etc than trying to get an F list celebrity 20 minutes with Obama.

Seriously even if Sheen got the interview, what the f--- would that accomplish? Nothing! Most Americans watch reality shows and eat fast food. They are completely demoralized. They wouldn't believe the truth even if Obama came out and said it, that's how far gone they are.

That said, Obama is the LAST person who would come out for 9/11 truth. Raising 'awareness' is incredibly naive and foolish. Jones is preaching to the choir on the corners of the internet, but worse yet, he has alienated his own audience.

I really wonder whether there is something more to this, considering all signs point to # hitting the fan very soon. Make up your own conclusions, but either way, Jones owes the public an apology , and he is not deserving of your blind idolatry.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by pewpewatu]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Lame. I've never paid attention to AJ, i don't really pay attention to anybody who is trying to 'sell' important info to me. If it were that important, it would be free, with perhaps an option to donate to the cause. It's a shame so many impressionable people follow him, as you can see reading this thread they are still trying SO hard to defend him. I don't even understand the point of this fake interview, i wasn't watching or reading when this all played out, i NEVER would have believed Charlie Sheen got an interview with Obama, anyway. He couldn't even get respect from Michael Jordan in an underwear commercial.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Yeah... Honestly I wasn't expecting that from Infowars... As a pretty big AJ fan / follower I think it was a BIG mistake on his part to present the 'open letter' as it was like a fake interview. Imho this is a huge blow to AJ's over all credibility and that of prisonplanet and infowars. To me it's a dark day for truth (as it was).

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Can a MOD please take charge here and re-set exactly why everyone is pissed at Charlie? All I read is a bunch of "I cant believe" posts, and every other person who posts what THEY think the issue is contradicts the other.

Please, Mods, bottom line for us who just got off work what exactly happened.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
okay so you are into ET disclosure, but you can't manage to do some simple digging to find out the truth in regards to this alex jones scandal -- so you run crying to the MODS to sum it all up for you?

sorry bro, you epic fail.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

And so false flagging a false flag operation? I don't think this will severely impact the "Truthers", ATS or anyone beyond Alex Jones. Charlie was considered "out there" by some factions prior to this. People have settled into their beliefs of 9/11. MSM schleps like Bill Maher have been poo-poohing the Truthers. Yes, HBO is part of the machine. Some think Maher's an authority just because he s*** hammers Bush at every opportunity and so one might think if there were anything to it he would bash Bush for 9/11 involvement too. The truth is the oil companies are in Iraq and they partly control Obama now. That's why we're still there. Maher and HBO know where their bread is buttered. Just one example of how the discourse is dissed.

Nothing monumental has been revealed recently to swing popular opinion. This stunt might just stir the pot. For good or bad remains to be seen. Keep in mind there's no Warren Commission findings being released on this. This has been treated as "case closed" for some time. And so an out of the blue stunt might be the only chance at fully addressing this to the satisfaction of all involved. A very slim chance I think.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
hello, maybe there is a hidden agenda under Jones hoax is to attract attention of Obama ? so Obama would come out to say, 'hey , i didnt do it', so the Real Interview could be conducted ?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

Not that I care one way or the other but what I read seemed perfectly ok and not an attempt to hoax the reader it clearly said fictional meeting, what gives ?

Sheen’s request takes the form of a letter to the President in the context of a fictional meeting between the two entitled “20 Minutes With The President,” published exclusively on radio talk show host Alex Jones’ Infowars.com and Prison Planet.com websites.

The letter cites evidence, backed up by a substantial online bibliography, that proves the official story behind 9/11 is a fraud and that this conclusion was also reached by the majority of the 9/11 Commission members, a fact that manda

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
for 90 minutes it had no disclaimer

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
edit: was beaten to it

[edit on 8-9-2009 by 27jd]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join