It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlie Sheen "interviews" President Obama

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The Charlie Sheen Obama "Interview" Was Originally Presented As Having Actually Happened.

For the first 90+ minutes of availability, the InfoWars.com website was presenting this article as an actual interview by Charlie Sheen with President Obama. Some time after the interview first appeared, the comments, "What you have just read didn’t actually happen… yet," were added to the article on InfoWars.com.

You have potentially been hoaxed by Alex Jones for nearly two hours this morning.

UPDATE 2

The rationale for originally omitting the disclaimer at the bottom of the fictional interview has been offered:

Separately, a few other blogs were up in arms about Sheen’s letter being a “hoax” because the disclaimer clarifying that the meeting with Obama was a stylized fictional account and not a real event did not get added to the bottom of the article until a little later due to technical snafus and a bombardment of traffic that shut down servers and locked out Infowars and Prison Planet webmasters. With the Infowars version having been copied across from Prison Planet, both original versions did not contain the disclaimer until the error was brought to our attention and promptly fixed as soon as we could gain access to servers that kept crashing, as many readers noted at the time. We added the disclaimer as soon as possible as well as other information that should have been included at the bottom of the original article regarding Sheen’s appearance on the show. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused and are trying to move our servers in house to prevent this routine occurrence from happening again.

www.prisonplanet.com...

UPDATE 3

The "traffic bombardment" rationale that caused an inability to add the disclaimer seems unlikely: The content is delivered through a CDN service.

Here is the link to the originally posted interview, before the additional comment indicating the interview was fiction:
Original Charlie Sheen "Twenty Minutes With The President" Story - With No Disclaimer

Thanks to ATS member getreadyalready for capturing the unedited original page.

today on www.infowars.com... they released a transcript of the interview Charlie Sheen performed recently with Barack Obama.

Charlie mainly asks questions regarding 9/11, but he briefly covers a few other topics as well.

i'll cut to the chase and let you guys judge the interview for yourselves:
www.infowars.com...

whats everyone think??

are you happy with the questions Charlie asked? are you satisfied with the (vague) answers Obama replied with?

what's your favorite part of the interview??

i wonder if the President knew what he was getting into... i have a feeling he did

This is a fictional interview that never happened

[edit on 9-9-2009 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
What a classic interview, Charlie Sheen certainly has gained a lotof respect after this.

I just hope that when Obama says "we will be in touch" is that he dosent meen watch your back!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Since when is Charlie Sheen an ace reporter/journalist? Why would Obama give him 20 minutes when he can't spare a minute to answer honest and unrehearsed questions in a town hall forum?

This little interview smells like a setup to me. Obama is just giving back to Hollywood. As promised...
A favor for a favor!!

Nothing goes unrehearsed with this president. NOTHING!! Casual impromptu interview I think not.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
S&F!!

This will be the most memorable of the Obama presidency for me. Charlie Sheen said it perfectly.

Mr. President the parallels are not distorted just because you say they are. Let’s stick to the facts. You promised to abolish the Patriot Act and then voted to re-authorize it. You pledged to end warrantless wire tapping against the American people and now energetically defend it. You decried the practice of rendition and now continue it. You promised over and over again on the campaign trail, that you would end the practice of indefinite detention and instead, you have expanded it to permanent detention of “detainees” without trial. This far exceeds the outrages of the former administration. Call me crazy Mr. President, but is this not your record?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
This line here is just plain and simple an explanation of what our leaders think of the world

PBO – Of course I am familiar with these historical events and I’m aware that there’s a measure of controversy surrounding them. But to be quite frank with you, this is all ancient history. UNQuote

Wow, so thats how they think, "lets blow up the world trade centres, its ok, tomorrow it will be ancient history"

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

Was this the 'big news' Alex was talking about? The interview that would make headlines all over America? Or is that still to come? Alex said the bombshell would be released at 11 A.M. but it wasn't 11 A.M. in any U.S. time zone when that was released.

I'm going to go check out the interview now but was hoping someone could answer that while I'm reading the article. lol

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

you may very well be totally right! mostly everything the president says is either scripted, rehearsed, or staged...

i also wondered how Charlie got this interview with Obama so abruptly. i didn't ever hear any advertising for the interview - it's like it just happened out of nowhere unexpectedly. when exactly was this interview conducted?
i know it was posted today, but when did it take place?

reply to post by GezinhoKiko

i know!!

isn't that absurd?!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

well the show starts at 11am CST, so at noon here in EST - as far as i know...

i don't think we'll ever get a straight answer until it begins...

the discussion about it though is the hottest thing on ATS right now anyhow:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 8-9-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by adrenochrome

Was this the 'big news' Alex was talking about? The interview that would make headlines all over America? Or is that still to come? Alex said the bombshell would be released at 11 A.M. but it wasn't 11 A.M. in any U.S. time zone when that was released.

I'm going to go check out the interview now but was hoping someone could answer that while I'm reading the article. lol

What are you on about> >?

This is HUGE!~!

This more then anything in the past will ENGERGIZE THE TRUTH MOVEMENT and now on RECORD is OBAMA being confronted about the events of 9/11.

This is actually Bigger then I thought.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I can't think of anything that has happened with the 9/11 Truth that is this large and again, this will Engergize or has to Energize the Truth Movement.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I've already seen a lot of criticism of this interview, with people saying that Obama already knew this information and since he didn't admit anything, this interview is worthless.

I disagree.

The fact of the matter is that now Barack Obama is on record hearing this information. To my knowledge, there has been no other interview of conversation on public record where someone presents this much information to him that conflicts with the official 9/11 story. So now the ball is truly in his court. Sheen was even smart enough to show the contradictions Obama has already displayed, such as his campaign vs president views on the Patriot Act, wiretapping, and other "security" measures enacted by the previous administration.

This is a big deal, because he's been officially presented with this information and must respond to it. If he denies it, he will look like a fool. If he ignores it, he will look as though there is something to hide. If he admits to it, the implications are staggering.

*EDIT*

Looks like I need to take back my comments. I guess I should just say that IF/WHEN this really happens, my above comments apply as stated.

Bummer about this being a hypothetical and not a reality.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by paradigm619]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Can't believe i read all that *beep* only to get to the bottom and read that it never actually happened.

What a joke!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The interview didn't happen.

Author’s Note: What you have just read didn’t actually happen… yet. This is an open letter to the President requesting a new investigation. Charlie Sheen.

Link

Sheen’s request takes the form of a letter to the President in the context of a fictionalmeeting between the two entitled “20 Minutes With The President,” published exclusively on radio talk show host Alex Jones’ Infowars.com and Prison Planet.com websites.

link

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by talisman

you know what, you're actually right in saying that...

i just wonder when (and if) this will surface in the mainstream media news!

as big as this is, i still don't think this is what Alex Jones is raving about for his show today...

then again, it might be a discussion about this interview, and maybe he'll have an interview with Charlie Sheen, too... maybe something that Obama told Charlie off the record that he'll spill the beans on to Alex perhaps?...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
IF IT didn't happen YET lets wait till 11:00 AM to see what actually does happen!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
so they 'faked' whole thing, how #ing lame...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

holy crap!

i swear i didn't see that earlier when i first read this a few hours ago!!

i wonder why they're just putting that up now?!

well, i wouldn't doubt it if the mods closed this thread now... makin' me look like a fool, Alex!!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by talisman

Relax. I was just trying to see if this was the big announcement or if something else was going to happen at 11. In my post above I even mention I hadn't read the interview yet but was going right now (as in, I didn't even know what the content was to be able to judge its importance yet). I was confused because the bombshell was supposed to be released at 11- which hadn't happened yet. So please calm down.

I just read the whole thing and had a post I was working on while reading to analyze the interview. I was so proud of Charlie but then get to the comments section and the whole thing is fake?
Huh?

So I'm thinking what is going to be released will actually have something to do with this? I am so lost. What is the point of having a fake interview transcript?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
this conversation never happend.
watch the lines after the interview.

Author’s Note: What you have just read didn’t actually happen… yet.

This is an open letter to the President requesting a new investigation.

Charlie Sheen.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Author’s Note: What you have just read didn’t actually happen… yet.

This is an open letter to the President requesting a new investigation.

Charlie Sheen.

oops, dupe sorry

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Ziltoid_the_Omniscient]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join