It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlie Sheen "interviews" President Obama

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I take this as a victory. It goes to show what's really behind the conpiracy theory movement/phenomenon: deception and lies, lies, lies.

Conspiracy theorism is not and never was about the "truth." It was about people with a perverted, twisted worldview, one where they need not take responsibility of their actions, isntead blame it all on some unseen, omnipotent power-that-be.

A good day for Truth!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
No wonder his last name is ''Sheen'',

and Alex fits the ''Jones'' name like Van.

These clowns are laughing all the way to the bank that they told you was failing.

You have all been had by a plate of Sheenie con Jones.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
i admit, i haven't read this entire thread, just a few pages.

but to me, this looks like a bait to MSM. if MSM picked up on this story and attempted to run with it (hence the no disclaimer), SO MANY people would wake up and it could have started a revolution or a new 9/11 investigation.

MSM wasn't foolish enough to run with it, and so in order to salvage what credibility they had, in order to minimize the damage of the failed operation, they stuck the disclaimer on there.

if MSM ran with this, the people would have looked up the facts, became even more aware, and it would have added just enough fuel to the fire to get something done. well, didn't work. oh well. now AJ's stuck with a damaged reputation, from which we'll see if he can recover.

in any case, the intense anti-AJ tendencies on this site surprise me. a lot of his work has helped inform a LOT of people, regardless if he's driven by the egotistical facets of his position. his harsh voice and often exaggerated statements annoy me too, but that doesn't mean he's nothing but a fraud and a con-man. he did this with the right intent, but since it didn't work he's left looking like however you wish to view him. doesn't mean the information that he promotes is all inaccurate!

-m@

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
You should all wait til the end of this week before tosing this out the window. Lets see what happens when Charlie himself goes onair later this week.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
To me it looks like Sheen submitted the "interview" to Alex Jones and Jones published it as a creative work.

I'm not sure what the hoax is supposed to be.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
How many times do I have to say "Alex Jones is a fraud" before people start jumping on the bandwagon?

I have been saying it all along that Alex Jones wants nothing but the fame and fortune and could care less about the truth. He uses his fabricated opinions as a basis for his fanaticized rhetoric to garner the most attention and stir up the most passion and discussion.

In short, he's an entertainer. Nothing more, nothing less.

Alex Jones is a sell out. It's possible he was devoted to the truth in the very beginning, but clearly that Alex Jones is long gone. As typical with humans, the money, the fame, and being worshiped like a God by mindless, obedient, and loyal followers has gone to his head.

If you want the real truth, stop going to his website and stop listening to his radio shows and start doing a bit of research on your own.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
It would appear Alex's narcissistic personality disorder has got a lot worse over the years. Hopefully this will be the deception everyone needed to realize his show pony act of the 'truth' will do nothing but make you remember the name "ALEX JONES"

To me he lost all credibility when he did End Game...They were just a bunch of kids with megaphones screaming out for attention.

I really do hope he is reading this thread.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Griffo515]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
To me it looks like Sheen submitted the "interview" to Alex Jones and Jones published it as a creative work.

That's right... Valid point,

It's not a Hoax. That's the misinformation that surrounds this story, and moderators should make note of this in regards to this thread.

For all the Jones haters out there, do you lack the intelligence that even a 5th grader would possess? Please note that's a question not a comment.

To understand what occurred with this Article, think of the War of the Worlds radio program. It's that simple.

War of the Worlds Radio Program

Really, It was questionably misrepresented for an hour (I for one mistook it as real and discussed it with friends) until a disclaimer was added (an hour or so later).

Jones posted the Literary work of Sheen (sort of like what happened with War of the Worlds). If the delay of the disclaimer was intentional or not, is the question. But it is irrelevant. Because it is not a hoax, it's a very strong literary tactic.

Thus, Sheen's piece is not a Hoax. Sheen wrote it and wants the meeting to take place. His writing is what he hopes to occur. How is someone's literary work a Hoax?

Think about WAR OF THE WORLDS for reference of what occurred with article. In retrospect, considering the content that the piece contends, it's genius really.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by squidboy]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by squidboy

Originally posted by mnemeth1

That's right... Valid point,

It's not a Hoax. That's the misinformation that surrounds this story, and moderators should make note of this in regards to this thread.

For all the Jones haters out there, do you lack the intelligence that even a 5th grader would possess? Please note that's a question not a comment.

To understand what occurred with this Article, think of the War of the Worlds radio program. It's that simple.

en.wikipedia.org...(radio)

Really, It was questionably misrepresented for an hour (I for one mistook it as real and discussed it with friends) until a disclaimer was added (an hour or so later).

Jones posted the Literary work of Sheen (sort of like what happened with War of the Worlds). If the delay of the disclaimer was intentional or not, is the question. But it is irrelevant. Because it is not a hoax, it's a very strong literary tactic.

Thus, Sheen's piece is not a Hoax. Sheen wrote it and wants the meeting to take place. His writing is what he hopes to occur. How is someone's literary work a Hoax?

Think about WAR OF THE WORLDS for reference of what occurred with article. In retrospect, considering the content that the piece contends, it's genius really.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by squidboy]

Yeah there's a lot of blind hate directed Alex's way in here over something as simple as the omission of an author's note disclaimer.

I think by simply reading the story its obvious this was a fictional work.

I'm sure when Jones published Sheen's story he didn't think it would require a disclaimer stating this was a work of fiction.

Obviously that was a mistake.

While Alex might exaggerate and be a little over the top, I don't see him telling blatant lies or disememinating disinformation. This was simply a creative work submitted by Sheen and published by Jones.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
This is a fascinating event.

First, let's be clear, I'm not a fan of Alex Jones or indeed Charlie Sheen. AJ seems to me rather childish and makes a great face for "the truth movement" as far as the MSM goes, because he's more likely to put off the undecided than convert them.

Alex Jones has got form for being careless. He's posted things that have turned out to be incorrect and just like now, there was a feeding frenzy. It's ok, calm down. AJ is just not that bright and not terribly thorough or careful.

The good people of ATS are not slow to impute to him actions and motives which may or may not have any basis in reality. "Alex Jones is a hoaxter", he's this, he's that. With utter, utter confidence despite the lack of any evidence that this was not an unintentional oversight.

I don't have huge amounts of respect for Jones, but I do have some sympathy.

But here's the thing. I really, REALLY object to getting an email from ATS staff inviting me to jump on the Jones-dissing bandwagon.

It's hypocritical for a start: the T&C makes it very difficult to get people organised... but the Admin team have no problem in doing it. I really don't like that disparity.

Secondly, everyone is saying AJ did this for ratings. Well, the DIGGing of this thread, and whatever else, will drive up traffic to this site. I doubt the site owners will mind that very much.

But when all's said and done this is a molehill that's being made into a mountain by a collaborative effort between ATS admin and the members of ATS. I reckon in a relatively few years people will be claiming that Charlie Sheen really did interview Obama.

As for the article itself... knowing beforehand it was a hoax it's hard to tell how I'd have reacted but there are plenty of things in the interview that,I'd hope, would have set off alarm bells. Reading that original comments page it was fascinating to see how some few people had their doubts even before the disclaimer went in.

For my money, the (new) title of this thread is more of a hoax than AJ's antics. The word "hoax" implies intent to deceive and as yet there has been no evidence that this was anything other than an embarrassing omission or mistake on Jones' part. Of course, his glossing over it and the removal of comments from the website is poor, but it's no more than I'd expect from someone whose first and last instinct is to bluster.

An earlier poster put all sorts of bunkum up about what we can learn from all this. He/she even said "throw away all your research". Duh. No. I think we can draw two simple lessons from this:

Check your facts yourself
Don't put your faith in individuals

[edit on 8-9-2009 by rich23]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
This is a fascinating event.

But here's the thing. I really, REALLY object to getting an email from ATS staff inviting me to jump on the Jones-dissing bandwagon.

It's hypocritical for a start: the T&C makes it very difficult to get people organised... but the Admin team have no problem in doing it. I really don't like that disparity.

Check your facts yourself
Don't put your faith in individuals

That deserves a thread. That's very concerning news...

I'm shocked.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by squidboy

I thought about posting it as a separate thread, but couldn't be bothered - there are already too many threads on many topics, of which this is one.

Btw... can people please stop comparing this to War of the Worlds? Particularly if you're trying to make the point that AJ wasn't hoaxing, because that broadcast was a hoax. Orson Welles recast the novel as a series of news broadcasts interspersed with music. He meant to deceive. There's little doubt of that. Welles was after exactly what Jones is accused of courting: publicity.

So using WOTW to justify AJ's cock-up is, I fear, rather shooting oneself in the foot.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matteroni
i admit, i haven't read this entire thread, just a few pages.

but to me, this looks like a bait to MSM. if MSM picked up on this story and attempted to run with it (hence the no disclaimer), SO MANY people would wake up and it could have started a revolution or a new 9/11 investigation.

MSM wasn't foolish enough to run with it, and so in order to salvage what credibility they had, in order to minimize the damage of the failed operation, they stuck the disclaimer on there.

if MSM ran with this, the people would have looked up the facts, became even more aware, and it would have added just enough fuel to the fire to get something done. well, didn't work. oh well. now AJ's stuck with a damaged reputation, from which we'll see if he can recover.

in any case, the intense anti-AJ tendencies on this site surprise me. a lot of his work has helped inform a LOT of people, regardless if he's driven by the egotistical facets of his position. his harsh voice and often exaggerated statements annoy me too, but that doesn't mean he's nothing but a fraud and a con-man. he did this with the right intent, but since it didn't work he's left looking like however you wish to view him. doesn't mean the information that he promotes is all inaccurate!

-m@

no, you failed

alex said that this was charlie idea ... charlie is not that revolutionary

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rich23
reply to post by squidboy

I thought about posting it as a separate thread, but couldn't be bothered - there are already too many threads on many topics, of which this is one.

Btw... can people please stop comparing this to War of the Worlds? Particularly if you're trying to make the point that AJ wasn't hoaxing, because that broadcast was a hoax. Orson Welles recast the novel as a series of news broadcasts interspersed with music. He meant to deceive. There's little doubt of that. Welles was after exactly what Jones is accused of courting: publicity.

So using WOTW to justify AJ's cock-up is, I fear, rather shooting oneself in the foot.

Actually, during the initial broadcast, they mentioned that it was a performance piece. That's why I believe it be a valid argument. I didn't see others compare it to War of the Worlds... Must have missed that comparison...

A Hoax, takes days to derail. Usually another party points it out.

In both this case, and War of the Worlds, the authors/ broadcasters both announced that is was "art" but the public saw it otherwise. There's even a conspiracy theory attributed to the initial broadcast...

But most importantly, as seen with War of the Worlds, the impact can be massive.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

But here's the thing. I really, REALLY object to getting an email from ATS staff inviting me to jump on the Jones-dissing bandwagon. It's hypocritical for a start: the T&C makes it very difficult to get people organised... but the Admin team have no problem in doing it. I really don't like that disparity.

I have to agree here as well. i was not happy.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nifron

But here's the thing. I really, REALLY object to getting an email from ATS staff inviting me to jump on the Jones-dissing bandwagon. It's hypocritical for a start: the T&C makes it very difficult to get people organised... but the Admin team have no problem in doing it. I really don't like that disparity.

I have to agree here as well. i was not happy.

Can someone make a thread about this?

I don't believe I received an email, but it should be made public, including a screen shot.

I find this to be incredible. A site emails it's users to bash a topic... Incredible.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Alex Jones pulled off a very well or even brilliant PR stunt with this hoax . Even efforts to spread the word that the interview was a hoax still attracted Publicity to Jones . Just media outlets reporting the hoax put Jones name out there . So yeah it put SkepticOverlord in an awkward spot having to choose between spreading the word of the hoax and playing into Jones hands or letting disinfo remain out and about . I am comfortable that in this case SkepticOverlord made the right call because any rational thinkers who got there first exposure of Jones will have seen him to be the story teller that he is .

IMO Jones and Lear are fiction writers who went to the conspiracy field because it is or was less competitive then just being a regular author of fictional works .

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Just a message to the moderators, i don't how you can see this as a hoax, i saw the page update it self 20 minutes after it was released, obviously it was an error on there part for not adding the fictional part in, but honestly can abovetopsecret.com stoop down to as low as the MSM an call it a hoax, what on earth? alex is trying to help us, he's not CIA, they thought it would be beast to get it out this way, an it darn well sure is working.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
To all the Anti - Truthers out there. I have one question.

Why are you fearful of another investigation into the most influential event of this decade. That's all the truthers want.

Another independent investigation with Subpoena power. IF congress can have one on Steroids in Baseball, why not this?

You know that right?

Steroids in Baseball investigation had subpoena power.

9/11 investigation did not.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by romanmel

Originally posted by mike dangerously
Alex Jones must have gone through with this hoax because his ratings were slipping people don't do this kind of stunt unless they think there is something to be gained from it.

I really think Alex is "star-struck". He sold his soul and his honesty to do the bidding of a slick Hollywood celeb. Pretty sad.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by romanmel]
I don't think so.I like I said he did it to increase his ratings much like beck covers the nwo.

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join