It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlie Sheen "interviews" President Obama

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by end of

You are probably right. Some people will follow Alex right into hell, if requested. Some still follow Jimmy Swaggart, even after his admitting he is a whoremonger...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pathos

(1) Grow from this event. When you are looking for 'actual' proof to support a theory, do not go to those dramatic underground psychos. Find logical sources such as newspaper clips, media news clips, etc... (No custom YouTubes.) FOX, MSNBC, and CNN is okay to use.

Growing from this event means not taking your advice.

That was the most dispicable advice I've ever heard given by someone trying to help people be aware of dis info.

When you ask people to watch the media.

Do not do that again.

(2) Erase and Reboot. Since almost every conspiracy at ATS has been influence by Jones, start your research over from the beginning. Forget everything you know about 9/11, JFK, and Roswell. Do not cling onto anything. Let it all go and start over.

Stop there right now.

(3) Admit to yourselves when your WRONG!

No not neccesarily, we can all admit we are wrong. learn from your mistakes and be aware for correction.

(4) Do not give up on the research, but give up on an argument you cannot make. Once you have done research to prove or disprove a theory, present it as a starting point for debate. Its not factual, but it 'could' lead to a logical revelation.

No. again.

Research sends you in circles.

There is nothing out there to rely on.

Only intuition. The majority of this society controlled reality is not logical.

Therefore you are hanging yourself up already.

(5) Do not believe in anything from the start. If a conspiracy or narrative is too complex, it was most likely a fabricated piece of information. Simple explanations are more likely to be true.

(6) Admit you know nothing. I am not talking about in the forums, but I am talking about admitting to yourselves.

get a grip. You need to check in on your crap.

You are all good human beings, and Alex Jone's stupidity is his own undoing. Do not make his problems your problems. Do not own his pathetic lies, narratives, etc... Always watch out for someone who will take his place.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Good luck.

Worry about your own backyard.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Mind1universe]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Like George said on Coast 2 Coast last night, I too am pretty disappointed in AJ (though he's been pulling publicity stunts like this for awhile). Unfortunately, Alex and co seem to think "any publicity is good publicity" right now. Just like the pedantic "Joker" contest, just like having those MORONS from "The Hills" on his show... It's just trying to get attention right now.

Alex has had some solid stuff in the past. But I think he's gotten lost along the way here. A lot of people have. Me, I think it'd be wiser to find my own way right now. I'm rather sick of being discredited by others' BS.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

What you've shown me is this - www.infowars.com...
The site I saw it on, and was always on was - www.prisonplanet.com...

So unless you've got a screen print of the article at Prison Planet, referring me to Infowars is pointless.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by supyo
I think a lot of people defending Jones and infowars in this thread simply aren't aware of the scope of the fraud involved in this stunt. People are upset because Jones hyped the event as a massive bombshell that would shock the world, make national news headlines, and be the biggest story of his 14yr career. Charlie Sheen interviewing President Barack Obama on behalf of the 9/11 Truth Movement would, in my opinion, qualify as the biggest thing Jones has ever done. Getting Charlie Sheen to draft up a fictional interview however definitely would not qualify.

So when the "interview" first appeared on infowars without the disclaimer, I'm compelled to believe that it was done intentionally in order for the scope of the event to fit everybody's expectations. This coupled with the fact that infowars has decided to cover up the fraud instead of dealing with it responsibly tells me that this was no accident. Clearly it was a stunt to generate interest in a non-event event and it was an epic failure for Mr. Jones.

Anyone who knows the facts and believes otherwise probably has some kind of attachment to Mr. Jones that is preventing them to think critically about this whole situation.

Yeah but when has Alex NOT said that his next piece was the biggest story of his life?

That is his entire style of broadcasting.

If he really went out there and intentionally tried to put out a fake interview and pass it off as real, that's one thing.

This however is just a publicity stunt.

There's no real fraud here.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by mnemeth1]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
"Accident"????

Like they would not have been warned by someone it was taken as a real interview?
Like nobody around in the studio noticed all the comments coming in?

I understand you want to be impartial but isn't this overdoing it a little?

I wonder how many E mails about this issue were send last night ,E mails that were very much regretted later on.
We don't need this # deceptive #.
We have the MSM for that.

And yes I have send some links too.
Next time I hear about something big on any AJ site I'll wait a few days to take notice.

"Infowarrior"

Yeah right ^^^^^

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Hoax or not, this definitely had a potential to hurt the truth movement. A lot of people in the movement who dedicate their time to informing people have most likely e-mailed this letter to friends and many others on their own e-mail lists and in good faith presented it as factual. When the recipients find out it's fake, it's going to blow up in the face of the person who sent it to them. They will lose credibility in the eyes of the recipients and all their past hard work may be in jeopardy. I'm sure a lot of people passed on this Charlie Sheen interview in the first 90 minutes, and maybe even some high profile activists passed it on as well. Undoubtedly, even the recipients are probably still passing it on at this moment without the disclaimer. It will take some time before we learn how widespread the fallout is in this matter.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by theyreadmymind
Hoax or not, this definitely had a potential to hurt the truth movement.

With most of it being done from within.

A lot of people in the movement who dedicate their time to informing people have most likely e-mailed this letter to friends and many others on their own e-mail lists and in good faith presented it as factual. When the recipients find out it's fake, it's going to blow up in the face of the person who sent it to them.

And if just one person read it, and from the information within it was awoke so to speak, it has served it's purpose. People are focused too much on the delivery of the information and attacking the source, rather than the information in it that a lot of people might not have seen, or decided not to read because of the connotations for doing so, but would actually take more serious if they thought the President himself was going to.

Kudos for the effort, but nil pois for the delivery.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neo-V™

Hoax or not, this definitely had a potential to hurt the truth movement.

With most of it being done from within.

Exacrly. I actually made a separate thread about the ATS admin handling of this issue, and have been making the same point there.

But something rather odd has happened. Skeptic Overlord posted in the thread and tried to make out that the U2U was intended to draw people's attention to the fact that the interview was fictional, rather than embroil AJ in controversy. I'm sure everyone can check the wording of the email to be sure about this. If SO had checked the wording of the email before posting in the thread, then his reply is, frankly, spin.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by rich23]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Oh man..

Hasent this gone away yet....

It was fake. This sucks for some. It left egg on some people's face. If the topic ever goes across the prez desk I'm sure he'll read the bogus script and avoid the question's asked.

Charlie Sheen is a hero

[edit on 9-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
this wasnt a hoax ... it was a mistake ... follow me

yes, some guy in the website made a mistake ... but really

THERE WAS 2 NEWS OR MORE ABOUT CHARLIE SHEEN

1 - 20 minutes with the president
2 - Charlie Sheen requests meeting with obama

Thats why, my brain, that I think its capable enough, thinks that the guy in the website, who manages it and posted the news, forgot to put the disclaimer ....

WHY would alex make some hoax news if the other news below was an request to meet the president

it Just doesnt make ANY sense ... really, I think I debunked your theory ...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo-V™

If just one person read it?? What you apparently don't realize is that none of the info in that fabricated interview was new. It's always been out there for people to read if they were so inclined or if someone passed it on to them. Now it has a taint on it and whoever sent it out in good faith that it was a real interview is tainted now too. There's more than one side to the equation.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by theyreadmymind]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

If just one person read it?? What you apparently don't realize is that none of the info in that fabricated interview was new.

I obviously get it, what you and all those jumping on the bash Jones band wagon are missing, is that the information wasn't supposed to be new reading for us (awake), it was for those that hadn't or refuse to read it (asleep).

It's always been out there for people to read if they were so inclined or if someone passed it on to them.

Maybe so, but as already mentioned, people may not have or refused to, involve the President and it may make some people take notice, but this just wasn't thought through properly enough imo.

Now it has a taint on it and whoever sent it out in good faith that it was a real interview is tainted now too.

And who are the ones with brushes in hand?? I'll say again, yes the interview was fake, the 9/11 information wasn't, so if you've emailed everyone to tell them it was fake, which means they might not bother to read it, you've done more damage to the intended result of this stunt, than the actual stunt itself.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Oh come on!
You can spin it anyway you can....

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo-V™
I obviously get it, what you and all those jumping on the bash Jones band wagon are missing, is that the information wasn't supposed to be new reading for us (awake), it was for those that hadn't or refuse to read it (asleep).

I didn't bash Jones. I just said there will be unintended consequences for the movement. And believe it or not I agree with you some people will have their eyes opened. I just feel some harm will be done as well. But anyway, I had to edit my reply because I misunderstood one of your responses the first time. I'm just going to leave it like this.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by theyreadmymind]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
No matter how right you are, nothing good comes from bad.

When we become more important than the message and we somehow believe we can do no wrong because of what we know is right, we can loose the whole game.

Self importance is a type of ignorance. A dangerous one. I've appreciated Alex in the past, but not so much as to classify him as righteous and beyond question. He did not have that tempering of humility I guess. Anger may have blinded.

This was an unfortunate event for many. It shows you can be right while being wrong. Do the math. ( 1 - 1 = 0 ) Cancels out the whole.

ZG

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
hopefully now you guys will start to see what Info-Wars and PP truely are... just a bunch of fairy tales to get ratings. I've been saying this about Alex Jones since the beginning. They are snakes who want attention.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Faiol

Oh come on!
You can spin it anyway you can....

really ... what the heck is your problem ... can u post here what did I write wrong? it seems that I am the dumb one ... but, actually you didnt even try to answer that

well, you can say that the guy tried to make some hoax news to get everyone attention, but the facts are that:

below the interview news, it was an request meeting news ...

man, THIS is LOGIC ... I am not using some alien tech to get to the conclusion that it was a mistake ...

even if it wasnt an mistake, you just cannot tell me that what I wrote is wrong ... because you dont have any proof that everything was an "attention tatic" by jones

I really dont have anything to do with jones, you can just search in my profile, I just find it strange that everybody doesnt listen and prefer something that just isnt there ...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I am sorry that I haven't read the whole thread, but I just want to comment quickly what came into my mind.

1. You got PUNKED. So what.
2. I hope you realize to always double check. Even AJ, ATS or MSM.
3. This will definately get the PREZs attention. Even though he'll never comment on it, he knows the truthers are moving in.
4. Point 3 is exactly what AJ had in mind.
5. Watch out for more like these in the future.

Great stuff. ATS was getting a bit boring lately. This made my day. And nobody actually died through this. Bring it on Alex.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
A Letter to Friends & Supporters from Dylan Avery and Korey Rowe:
www.facebook.com...#/LooseChange?v=app_2347471856&viewas=1499919086&ref=ts

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join