It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Ted Kennedy has died of Brain cancer at age 77

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
RIP Mr. Kennedy. Hopefully the causes you championed won't die with you.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I seriously doubt that purgatory has enough room for all the excess baggage that Mr. Kennedy has brought with him. I would like to know what he revealed in his waning days. He clearly knew the end was near for some time now.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by WalterRatlos

I'm far from a liberal hater and I would never call myself a Republican or a conservative per se. Kennedy played the other side of the two party coin VERY WELL!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
some here show respect for him. he was a drunk. a murderer. a coward. good riddance.

On 19 July 1969, Kennedy attended a party on Chappaquiddick Island in Massachusetts. At about 11:00 PM, he borrowed his chauffeur's keys to his Oldsmobile limousine, and offered to give a ride home to Mary Jo Kopechne, a campaign worker. Leaving the island via an unlit bridge with no guard rail, Kennedy steered the car off the bridge, flipped, and into Poucha Pond. He swam to shore and walked back to the party -- passing several houses and a fire station -- and two friends returned with him to the scene of the accident. According to their later testimony, they told him what he already knew, that he was required by law to immediately report the accident to the authorities. Instead Kennedy made his way to his hotel, called his lawyer, and went to sleep.

[edit on 26/8/09 by Brain Damaged]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by brimstone735

I voted for RON PAUL BUDDY! Nice try with your stereotypical BS though! I've voted third party for the last 10-15 years. It's people like Kennedy and other career Senators.......ahem cough Byrd cough......that should have been kicked out on their butts long ago!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by brimstone735

.......It's people like Kennedy and other career Senators.......that should have been kicked out on their butts long ago!

Bravo! Bravo! Well said. That list of potential "butt-needs-kinking-out" Gov't people is soooooo long.

[edit on 8/26/2009 by MadDogtheHunter]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by WalterRatlos

I'm far from a liberal hater and I would never call myself a Republican or a conservative per se. Kennedy played the other side of the two party coin VERY WELL!

Of course, he did, he was a politician, wasn't he? So, what would you call yourself on the current political spectrum? And are you a misogynist? If you don't know what the word means, look it up, google is your friend.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by WalterRatlos]

[edit on 26-8-2009 by WalterRatlos]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Get over it people, the man was 77.

While I do tend to recognize and sympathize with those who have lost loved ones, I'm not going to do it this time.

The man murdered someone, left a woman to drown. He was a career politician and he died stinking rich off his ransacking of the laws of the United States.

The media is calling him "the most influential law maker in US history", if that's any indication of the BS. The most influential... really? Is this like the Time magazine poll raided by 4chan?

Sad day this is, but not because he's died.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I'm sorry for his family and those that loved and admired him. For the rest of us, good riddance.

Have a little respect, a good many of you say. Well, to have respect you must give respect. Old Ted sure didn't have much respect for his wife and family when he boozed it up and cheated on his wife. He sure didn't have much respect for Mary Jo Kopeckne when he left her to drown in his car while he staggered home and went to bed. He didn't even have enough respect to call someone so that maybe she could have lived.

Don't talk to me about respect. This man may have been a wealthy politician, but he was a moron. I have as much respect for him as I do the drunk down the street.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Brain Damaged

Oh, and a supporter for terrorism. Lobbying for a visa for the leader of the Provisional IRA - even when the State Department was against it - is an insult.

Good riddance.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
At long last, Satan has a playmate in Hell. Kennedy was a festering chancre in American politics and a blight on true American values for far, far too long. Would that Teddy had remained in the car at the bottom of Poucha Pond back in 1969 and Mary Jo had escaped. America would be a different and better place today.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Can we have some decorum around here, folks?

A man's dead from cancer, and already, half of you seem like jackals who are trying to pistol off their best comments on why they think Mr. Kennedy was a bad man.

As for Mr. Kennedy, God rest your soul.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
A man's dead from cancer, and already, half of you seem like jackals who are trying to pistol off their best comments on why they think Mr. Kennedy was a bad man.

If it makes any difference, I've been publicly railing against Teddy Kennedy for over 3 decades. This is just another occasion to vent, as far as I'm concerned — particularly with the state-run media proclaiming Kennedy a demigod. Revolting.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 8/26/2009 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Save it for another day if you want, but don't do it in a thread where he's passed away. It feels creepy enough seeing comments from people saying they're glad he's in Hell.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Save it for another day if you want, but don't do it in a thread where he's passed away. It feels creepy enough seeing comments from people saying they're glad he's in Hell.

I don't believe in a "hell", but I sure am glad he isn't in power anymore.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Whether you loved him, hated him, or were indifferent ... he still made a LOT of difference in our world.

He worked up to the end, an embodiment of the Great Ameican Work Ethic that seems to have died with the last several generations.

Chappiquidick (sp?) ... don't forget Laura Bush killed HER fiance in a drunken automobile accident, and Bush 43rd got tickets in Maine and Texas for driving drunk. So, don't throw stones if you live in aglass house.

Senator Ted Kennedy also LISTENED to the people, unlike my Senators and Representatives. I wrote Ted about the Iraq War and the international disrespect America had earned about five years before mainstream media picked up the story. At that time, Kennedy immediately responded and accepted a forum-like invitation (in Yahoo) to address issues and answer people's questions. We were Americans asking questions, not Massachusetts constituents. He CARED and it showed.

Now, whether we agree or disagree with his politics, as a human he had some strong positive characteristics that are rare.

Rest in Peace Ted, you earned it!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
do we all know that Joseph Kennedy was a Nazi-Supporter?
www.beyondweird.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I won't even comment on this thread.

well..................ok

Good luck in Hell you piece of Crap.

I am glad you did not get a chance to flip flop the state law that was for your conveince and not for the good of the people of your state.

You were a real bag of crap.............

[edit on 26-8-2009 by j2000]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Hm. Well, I'm not here to massage anyone's emotional stability. But if it makes you feel any better, I acknowledge that Ted Kennedy was a human being, of sorts, and I'm sure that somebody out there is grieving his demise.

But I refuse to expend my sympathy.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
Whether you loved him, hated him, or were indifferent ... he still made a LOT of difference in our world.

He worked up to the end, an embodiment of the Great Ameican Work Ethic that seems to have died with the last several generations.

Chappiquidick (sp?) ... don't forget Laura Bush killed HER fiance in a drunken automobile accident, and Bush 43rd got tickets in Maine and Texas for driving drunk. So, don't throw stones if you live in aglass house.

Senator Ted Kennedy also LISTENED to the people, unlike my Senators and Representatives. I wrote Ted about the Iraq War and the international disrespect America had earned about five years before mainstream media picked up the story. At that time, Kennedy immediately responded and accepted a forum-like invitation (in Yahoo) to address issues and answer people's questions. We were Americans asking questions, not Massachusetts constituents. He CARED and it showed.

Now, whether we agree or disagree with his politics, as a human he had some strong positive characteristics that are rare.

Rest in Peace Ted, you earned it!

Oh okay I get, this is about your hatred for conservatives. You assume that everyone who had a problem with the man is a conservative.

...don't forget Laura Bush killed HER fiance in a drunken automobile accident, and Bush 43rd got tickets in Maine and Texas for driving drunk. So, don't throw stones if you live in aglass house.

Here is a hint: Myself, and every other person here will also not shed a tear for these individuals either.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join