It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Ted Kennedy has died of Brain cancer at age 77

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Senator Ted Kennedy has died of Brain cancer at age 77

abcnews.go.com

Sen. Edward Moore Kennedy, the youngest Kennedy brother who was left to head the family's political dynasty after his brothers President John F. Kennedy and Sen. Robert F. Kennedy were assassinated, has died at age 77.

Known as the "liberal lion of the Senate," Kennedy championed health care reform, working wages and equal rights in his storied career. In August, he was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom -- the nation's highest civilian honor -- by President Obama. His daughter, Kara Kennedy, accepted the award on his behalf
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
The end of an era. Now the succession wars will begin. Massachusetts is in the middle of a debate on whether to change state law regarding succession rules.

Is this the end of the Kennedy Era in American politics?

RIP, Teddy. Let us hope that America is not further divided because of your passing.

But this will add fire to the health care debate.

abcnews.go.com

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Wow.
God bless him, and his family.

+61 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Ted Kennedy and the entire Kennedy family are a perfect example of what's wrong with US government. The family has produced absolutely NOTHING and has spent their entire existence in politics and they are all millionaires sucking off the people of the US. Kennedy is the perfect example of a career politician and why Senators should be limited to 4-8 yeras and NOTHING MORE!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

The end of an era. Now the succession wars will begin. Massachusetts is in the middle of a debate on whether to change state law regarding succession rules.

Is this the end of the Kennedy Era in American politics?

RIP, Teddy. Let us hope that America is not further divided because of your passing.

But this will add fire to the health care debate.

abcnews.go.com

I'm not one to believe in magical notions as my activity shows, but I thought or "sensed" this today, very erie over here...

Anyhow,

...He lived a full life, he did what he believed in, he fought for those beliefs and that is a life well lived.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Ted Kennedy and the entire Kennedy family are a perfect example of what's wrong with US government. The family has produced absolutely NOTHING and has spent their entire existence in politics and they are all millionaires sucking off the people of the US. Kennedy is the perfect example of a career politician and why Senators should be limited to 4-8 yeras and NOTHING MORE!

---Yuk.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

This is a rare event.

I agree.

He spent his life doing what he loved and that is all anyone can hope for in life.

He did somethings I liked and didn't like. But, the days of bickering whether he was an elitist is over. Now the proper thing to do is give our condolences to his family and friends.

I'm sure he had a lot of them.

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Decoy

There are millions of people that die everyday. Kennedy's death should be a reminder to all of us. I won't be shedding any tears over the guy.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
There is a thread that explains what I meant by 'succession wars':

The Political Hypocrisy of Teddy Kennedy

I posted a summary of the issue in the OP.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
oh boy....... another event to mask the real scenario

RIP Teddy

Let's not make this into a week long media circus

How about some privacy for the family in mourning

Life is short, let's focus on the future

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Well at least he gets to face the music on Chappaquidic now.

I hate to disrespect someone after they are gone, but I just never had any respect for the man. He opposed freedom, and the Constitution.

He opposed most of what I think America stands for, or used to stand for.

So can't honestly say he will be missed.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
The news is not unexpected but still very saddening.

JFK Jr. was of course killed in that plane wreck when he was still young.

Caroline is left of JFK's children, but her brief bid for the Senate seat vacated by Hillary Clinton showed that she's basically a private person who does not relish the spotlight.

RFK and Ted both had children but most of them are evidently not eager to enter the political arena. After what happened to so many Kennedys one can't blame them.

Ted Kennedy was a respected leader in the Senate and I, for one, will miss his influence for good in this country.

Even those who disagreed with him will probably be among the mourners.

I'm glad that he lived to see Barack Obama's inauguration at least, as he had worked so hard on his behalf.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

---
Though I'm not American, seems to me he cared about people.

link   
I will not bash the man on the evening of his passing, I wasn't a fan, I did have some respect for his older brother JFK although I know all three of them abused their powers when time allowed so I'll just say rest in peace.

Now it's time to get the right person in his seat that will do the right things for the people not his pocket.

Peace out! @~~>~

link   
reply to post by downtown436

---

True.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by Decoy

There are millions of people that die everyday. Kennedy's death should be a reminder to all of us. I won't be shedding any tears over the guy.

No one is asking you to shed a tear over him.

What you should do though is put aside your political opinion of him and respect him as a human being who was loved by a lot of people who will miss him.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
My respects go out to his family.

May he rest in peace. What a great man.

This is NOT the time to debate healthcare and the stupid inconsistencies between minute differences in healthcare plans, and rumors, and all that.

He was a groundbreaking man and for all of those people who are like "Oh well," I probably have 600x the support for him to make up for all of you.

And he SHOULD be replaced by someone "like him" because otherwise the balance (joke of a balance) will be completely thrown off against the people who think "end of life care" is some grim death panel...

[edit on 8/26/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Rams59lb

I agree with you. i won't be cheering his death, even though he was not so great a man as some are trying to portray, and this could certainly help in trying to stop the Obama administration "healthcare reform" plans.

But, he died, just like MILLIONS of people die each year.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Ted Kennedy has been a family survivor, but at what cost? It is an end of an era with the Kennedy family. But Castro would be a much larger news blitz as he's survived many US presidents. RIP Ted.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Yeah, like I said I'll let him be judged by our creator and leave his deeds as is. But now I will keep a very close eye on who replaces him in the Senate and do what ever I can to make sure it's not another person like him lol...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join