It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Ted Kennedy has died of Brain cancer at age 77

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by gaborn415

if you want to talk about change of political power structures, I've got a news flash for you there won't be. They'll appoint some political tool who'll go along with whatever the PTB want and continue the destruction of this country willy nilly

You have absolutely no knowledge of current or past Massachusetts law regarding senatorial succession.

Do some research.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Absolutely!!! You might be safe in your little perfect Massachusetts world. If you lived where I lived, you would have a very different opinion of things. If I said what I really wanted to say, I would lose my account. I feel relieved that pure evil is gone. It's too bad that our once great country was totally destroyed by them! Pure, Pure Evil!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blueangel7

Absolutely!!! You might be safe in your little perfect Massachusetts world. If you lived where I lived, you would have a very different opinion of things. If I said what I really wanted to say, I would lose my account. I feel relieved that pure evil is gone. It's too bad that our once great country was totally destroyed by them! Pure, Pure Evil!!!

Could you please elaborate on how the Kennedy's (cause you blamed them all) are responsible for the crime on your street?

I mean without the whining of course.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by cynic121
slation to spread health care, from CHIP to earlier health care to education reform. He made a horrible decision in that accident, but he also recieved a concussion from the event. I would not expect a man with a concussion to act responsibly or intelligently.

While a concussion may have prevented him from acting "responsibly and intelligently," Ted still retained enough of his faculties to make several phone calls to his fixers for 10 straight hours, concocting a story, before the police were finally called. By the time authorities arrived on the scene, Mary Jo had been dead for 10 hours.

That's not a mistake, it's not a "horrible decision" — it's evil.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

His life was filled with glory and MISERY, TRAGEDIES, and he paid for Mary jo, he paid dearly. He wanted to be president, because of his wreckless actions, at the time, he never achieved this. PUNISHMENT.

Lucky are those of you who have NEVER HAD problems, regrets, etc.

Stay out of the thread if you must be so full of hate.

I am sorry, but he never paid for her death. How much prison time did he get? Here in this country, when you murder another person, your punishment is hard prison time. Mr. Kennedy never served that time. He got off clean and easy and lived a life of freedom and prosperity.

Kennedy is no better than OJ Simpson. Even OJ Simpson has donated to charities and did positive things for others and can put on a smile and party and woo anyone
Both are scum.

Just because someone is famous, they do not desrve respect just for that.
Just because someone is extremely wealthy, they do not deserve respect just for that.
Just because someone dies, they do not deserve respect just for that.
Just because someone was nice to certain people does not mean they deserve respect.
Just because someone is a human being, they do not deserve respect just for that.

In my opinion, Kennedy deserves no respect in life or death. Millions of more respectable people die all the time, and nobody here is mourning their deaths.

He is a human being who murdered an innocent person and got off for it based on his "character" and "status".

I feel bad for the families members who lost him as a family member. But I do not feel bad for him dying. Justice served finally.

The real victim here is the woman he murdered and got away way with, not the dead man known as Ted Kennedy.

And I see no reason why people can not voice their opinion on another human being.

Call me hateful or whatever. But I never murdered anyone. I am much more respectable than Mr. Kennedy ever was.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by inked up]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by inked up

I'm not supporting what Ted did in the incident, and I don't want anyone on here saying I am, but it's not murder.

Murder means Mr. Kennedy had the intent to kill her.

He didn't. What he did was wrong, yes, very wrong, but it's not murder.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

He didn't. What he did was wrong, yes, very wrong, but it's not murder.

Believe they call it negligent homicide nowadays. He still got away with it. But to be fair, many people get away with murder and negligent homicides everyday who do not have the status of a Ted Kennedy.

Sometimes the system just doesn't work the way it should.

My respect goes out to the family.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blueangel7

So basically what you are saying is tht Mr. Keddedy is the devil.

Do you also find Dick Clark is the Devil?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Actually, the governor of Mass has already signaled his desire to sign a bill granting him the power to appoint a temp...
Just an FYI.

BTW, sad for his family, NOT sad for him.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TheTruthShallFreeYou

You're right...this just came on about an hour ago:

Gov. would OK law change for Kennedy successor

By STEVE LeBLANC (AP) – 1 hour ago

BOSTON — Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick supports changing state law to allow him to appoint an interim successor to Sen. Edward Kennedy's seat.

www.google.com...

But that's no surprise... of course he would lean that way.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Good riddance. Don't let the door hit you in the bum on the way out. Too bad you did not leave several decades sooner. America would be a much safer place.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

The American people voted in Obama. They voted Bush in for 8 years. What's your point? The German people rallied around Hitler in Nazi Germany before WWII as well. People do a lot of stupid things and are sometimes creatures of very bad habits.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
As a generation-long Massachusetts resident, I can assure you that none of the politicians here are innocent. We view the Kennedy's as a honest family who became corrupt by wealth and politics. If it was not for his brother's assassination, the family may not have been in the spotlight. Its sad to see anyone die in general. My prayers do go out to the family. Let history judge the family based upon their actions. Its time to let this family's legacy rest.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   

"In the letter, dated July 2, Mr. Kennedy asked lawmakers to amend the state’s rules and grant the governor the power to appoint his successor until a special election could be held."

www.nytimes.com...

Thanks but try again...

[edit on 26-8-2009 by gaborn415]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Shortly after I heard this news last night, I was on ATS and there were no threads about Ted Kennedy. I thought of making a post, but why?
We don't have to come here to see this kind of news, it's all over the internet.

I was going to open the discussion by asking what effect this might have on current events, health care, et. al.

It's kind of sad to see this kind of sycophantic and derogatory crap this morning.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Mixed feelings on this one - I disagreed with him strongly on gun control & other issues, agreed strongly on economic "bread & butter" ones.

At least he got to live a full life, unlike his brothers.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

Ted Kennedy and the entire Kennedy family are a perfect example of what's wrong with US government. The family has produced absolutely NOTHING and has spent their entire existence in politics and they are all millionaires sucking off the people of the US. Kennedy is the perfect example of a career politician and why Senators should be limited to 4-8 yeras and NOTHING MORE!

You may hate him for your own reasons, but you are wrong about his contributions to Massachusetts.

He has brought countless millions to Raytheon and other defense contractors, and that translates directly into thousands of jobs. He has also brought many millions to the state for medical research funding and higher education. He is one of the reason that Mass. is a leader in medicine and higher education.

And for better or worse, he gave them 'The Big Dig'.

Thousands of people have stories of how he helped them personally.

He was born into one of the wealthiest, most influential families in America. He did not 'suck off of' the American people.

Just wanted to keep the record straight....

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

His life was filled with glory and MISERY, TRAGEDIES, and he paid for Mary jo, he paid dearly. He wanted to be president, because of his wreckless actions, at the time, he never achieved this. PUNISHMENT.

I want to be president too. So I can go out and murder somebody's little girl as well? After all I want to be president. Not achieving this will be punishment enough for me. OK?

[edit on 8-26-2009 by groingrinder]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by gaborn415

"In the letter, dated July 2, Mr. Kennedy asked lawmakers to amend the state’s rules and grant the governor the power to appoint his successor until a special election could be held."

www.nytimes.com...

Thanks but try again...

[edit on 26-8-2009 by gaborn415]

Yes, I cited that article in a thread I posted last week. Try doing the research on the back story:

He lobbied to have the original law changed. Now he wantes to change it back when it would benefit his party.

Just because he wrote the letter doesn't make it law. The current law requiring special elections still stands.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Kennedy was good for BIG BUSINESS. That is for sure. Gotta pay back all the billionaires. One hand washes the other.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join