It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Ted Kennedy has died of Brain cancer at age 77

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Don't expend the sympathy if you don't want to, but also don't expend your hatred of the man.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

What the Hell does Bush have to do with this? Get Real!

Libral extremist are just a real piece of cake.

I lost my job, why don't you send me a couple of grand to get by next month or so. I want to take a vacation as I did not get one this year yet and it will leave me a little short.
I would start a small business and hire some people, but you have all the credit tied up in houses.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Hate the agendas, policies etc... Why hate the person?

Kennedy was a tool of and member of the Washington elite. But ultimately he was like all of us; HUMAN... None of us are getting out of here alive.

R.I.P. Ted

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
reply to post by Decoy

There are millions of people that die everyday. Kennedy's death should be a reminder to all of us. I won't be shedding any tears over the guy.

No one is asking you to shed a tear over him.

What you should do though is put aside your political opinion of him and respect him as a human being who was loved by a lot of people who will miss him.

So what about the young girl he drove off a cliff after having an affair? Her family/friends? Was he a great man as he walked away from her and left that 28 year old woman in a watery grave?

This man was not only a monster on a personal level, he enjoyed urinating on our constitution as much as the other knobs in Washington.

I have not a shred of respect for the man. If there is a hell I'm sure he's screaming there, right now.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I am glad he is now resting and so is Eunice. I am very close to the source and for 5 years i lived two blocks away. I got to meet them all, work for them, party with them mainly after the Special Olympics, in which i helped dish out food, made baloons and had conversations with Joe, Ted, Eunice, Anthony Kennedy., Patrick and others.
They were people who spent all their money here, in town, were highly visible, always had a kind word or a smile to offer me, and others, and they did know me by my first name.

They did a lot for the people of Cape Cod and Massachusetts, and this is something i can let you all know first hand.
Say what you will, and believe me, i am sour on politics, yes, even on Democrats,
but having been close to the source for so long, i feel as tho they are family.

So, i will miss all the family and may they rest in peace. My church (when i do attend) is THEIR church. St Frances Xavier in Hyannis. Lovely church.

Anyway, i've probably said all this before but its only fitting now.

R.I.P. Ted.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
To Modern Acadamia - and Bush's Grandfather was a Nazi Supporter. Another Glass House rock-throwing issue.

To whomever that was who said I hated conservatives ... boy are you in the wrong ballpark completely! I look at the person, not the party.

This is about Ted Kennedy, not about liberals or conservatives. This is not about drunk-driving politicians and their familes. This is not about the historical Nazi support given by leading political families.

My family covers the entire political spectrum of ideologies. If one of them passed away, I wouldn't be bemoaning their politcal views at their funeral.

So, this is about The MAN, not the party, not the politics, not the issues. Stay on topic folks!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto

Don't expend the sympathy if you don't want to, but also don't expend your hatred of the man.

Why? It is just as much my right to express my hatred as it is your right to express your gratitude for his desecration of our rights.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I haven't read the whole thread but it wouldn't surprise me if some jerk has already said something like good riddence and glad he's dead.

There are always some fool like that spouting his poison.

Kennedy was like all of us a flawed individual but that does nothing to deter from his accomplishments.

He really knew how to reach across the asile and work with the opposition for what they could agree on was the best approach...

Something the rabid partisans are incapable of doing to the countries determent.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ninecrimes

I hope you're forgiven, we are all brothers and sisters in this mad world, and to take glee from a death is very disrespectful.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
reply to post by ninecrimes

I hope you're forgiven, we are all brothers and sisters in this mad world, and to take glee from a death is very disrespectful.

And the girl he left to die after having an affair with her and drunk driving off a cliff?

It is my opinion that adultery = worse than murder. Well, Ted Kennedy hit 2 birds with 1 stone... had an affair and then killed his mistress in the same night.

This man was a monster. Your defense for this man is disrespectful to the family of the girl he murdered.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Decoy

Condolences to those who loved him

RIP Mary Jo Kopechne

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Yet again.....ATS (a website comitted to conspiracy theory by the hands of Governments) members defending someone like Kennedy......whats wrong with this picture??

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Prescott Bush was a Nazi Supporter.
Joe Kennedy had Mob ties.
Moving forward.

As for the passing of Ted Kennedy, I send my condolences to the family, not because of who the family is, but because of losing two family members within a span of two weeks.

My personal take on Ted Kennedy is not favorable, so I will leave that be. However, I believe that we should not mourn individuals such as Ted Kennedy, for many individuals suffered from their actions, greediness, and entitlement.

Instead I send my deepest condolences to the families of hard working individuals, whom in life, never received due credit.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by IKnowNothing]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

I SUGGEST THEN THAT A THREAD LIKE THIS SHOULD NOT BE STARTED AT ALL.

His life was filled with glory and MISERY, TRAGEDIES, and he paid for Mary jo, he paid dearly. He wanted to be president, because of his wreckless actions, at the time, he never achieved this. PUNISHMENT.

Lucky are those of you who have NEVER HAD problems, regrets, etc.

Stay out of the thread if you must be so full of hate. Concentrate on all the other GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS who have done their share of evil, killing in the thousands or millions, go ahead, that will give you something to think about. Phoney wars, dead children......THINK.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

to take glee from a death is very disrespectful.

What about breathing a sigh of relief? Is that disrespectful, feeling relief that a great evil has finally passed from our midst?

— Doc Velocity

CX

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

His life was filled with glory and MISERY, TRAGEDIES, and he paid for Mary jo, he paid dearly. He wanted to be president, because of his wreckless actions, at the time, he never achieved this. PUNISHMENT.

That was his punishment....not becoming president because of his wreckless actions?

Thats not a punishment, thats just pure bloody comon sense!

Thats a consequense of the actions that night, punishment would have been whatever else was given to him by the law.

CX.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
He was a very public figure, by his own choice, and therefore his legacy will be hotly debated very publically.

A funeral service or a memorial thread would not be the appropriate place to bring up Kennedy's legacy issues.

Is this a memorial type thread or just a discussion thread?

Seems to be just a discussion thread to me.
Unless I missed the point.
JSO? It's your thread. What direction do you want it to go in?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

And you were there for the blow by blow account of exactly what happened?????

Look dude, i dont deny he made a big mistake, but i also point out all the harm this government in general has done, how many people they have ordererd killed, the phony Bush war, the deaths....... COMPRENDE???????

Does it make it ok for Ted to KILL one person? no. But then again we werent there, where we?????

You people are impossible- and what am i doing defending any politician?
I despise them all, from Bush, Cheney to the present Obama.

You people though, should not start a post about dead people just to disrespect the dead.

Some of you here have really shocked and dissapointed me.

You have no regard for human life at all.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Don't like the guy, but RIP, I hope the Kennedy family can bear yet another tragedy.

I hope his soul ascends.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Everybody needs to get one of those earbud/ speaker things for your cellphone. Kennedy's cancer was a glioma, which is one of the three cancers associated with heavy cellphone usage.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join