It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Little Help For Men Trying To Understand Women!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

You ever do it once - even ONCE - then it's expected.

Guys, you don't want to spoil them.

So what you're saying is ... once you've fed your cat smoked salmon it won't go back to cat food?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
From shapeshifting reptiles to the female human, ATS covers everything

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

schrodinger, it's best to play it safe and not even start it anything that may remotely become expected.

No use getting their hopes up, only to dash those hopes on the rocks.

That would be mean. Cruel.

No expectation is a female condition that is far more stable than arbitrary acts of kindness.

Best to maintain an even keel.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
I have heard said that women are hard to understand, hard to figure out. As a woman, I do not see myself as such. I suppose I might be able to see why we might be seen as complicated. I would like to take a moment and just explain some things if I may.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Greenize]

Let me get this straight.

You are a woman and you are making a thread to explain to other people and especially men (probably), how women think?

To give you a hint you have to be in a mans mind to be able to display the right meaning to another mans mind (in this case our audience) for this to work.
You don't believe me?
Wait till this thread develops.

Else everything is just for show and getting forum points.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
7. Women can be incredibly egotistical and self-absorbed. That's why they write a forum entry on a conspiracy site trying to get men to understand THEM while themselves not even caring to discuss understanding men. I don't mean to be abrasive but, who cares? This is a conspiracy site not Oprah.com.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Phenomium]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom_Proctor
I see this as just saying women do all the work and that's why they have built up stress and want to be alone. I find the "women headache" is to get away from things. My mom does it, my grandma does it, my sister does it, my girlfriend does it, her mom does it. It's a tactic.

It's pretty much the same for guys. Hell, I cried pretty hard last night because of a situation I'm going through.

I sometimes need to be alone, away from my girlfriend.

Cuddling I understand though
. I hate when I'm all ready to sleep, get in bed, and she's like "GRR WHERE'S MY CUDDLES?"

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Tom_Proctor]

I know, it wreaks of pity party. No one forced women to take on all of these new roles, they chose this fate. Again, I'll try to be as candid as I can so as to keep my account, but it is hard work being a man and we have every right to complain just as women always do........but we don't.That's the difference between men and women today. Women go on a conspiracy site looking for someone to sympathise with their plight of being complicated and men just suck it up and deal with it.As far as cuddling goes????? I think women do that to men just to irritate us....and it works.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
So we have to keep the truth about how the world is being run to a min. We can’t talk about drugs or anything that really reflects the world around us, but we have this bull# up here. I’m gonna have to find a site that values freedom of speech and leave this crap site to the beggars and hangers on that will be happy with the Orwellian ways of the ATS police trolls.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium

That's the difference between men and women today. Women go on a conspiracy site looking for someone to sympathise with their plight of being complicated and men just suck it up and deal with it.

You obviously have not frequented the "relationship" forum in BTS. A lot of men on ATS are able to be open about their feelings. Check it out.

Now, what can I do to help you out of any further generalizations and into a group hug.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

Women are not that hard to figure out, really, you just need a textbook, instruction manual, emotional toolkit, and some lubrication (oil, not THAT lubrication, perverts).

1)Yep, women will cry for absolutely no reason. I have witnessed it. Women are taught to use emotions, for the most part, and men are taught emotions are weak, do not use them.

Men are taught G.I. Joe's and toy guns, Cowboys and Indians, Cops and Robbers, while women, for the most part, are taught Barbie and Ken dolls, accessorize their play clothes accurately, and Betty Crocker and the Magic Oven.

2)Yep, sometimes women want to be alone, that's guaranteed, sometimes men do as well, which is why they go out in the garage to tinker on their toys.

3)Yep, headaches are real, sometimes, but I read this fascinating article about sex releasing more blood to the brain which releases tension...

I tell a woman I get involved with straight off, if I am not clear, ask me questions, if I'm not hitting "the spot" just right, tell me.

This "yes mean no" and "no means yes" nonsense, is just nonsense.

Talk to me, or I am not going to know what is wrong, and I know I cannot fix everything, but men try to fix things whereas women just want someone to listen.

Wonderful book : Men are From Mars, Women are From Venus

Yep, men are from Mars, "Mars" being the god of war and all...

4)
This is the time when I leave and cannot be found for a week.
Just kidding.

Sometimes, a gentle hug is all a woman wants or needs, I give it, and go away, as far away as possible, usually doing some chore that keeps me occupied.

5)What guy doesn't love to cuddle? OMG! I love to cuddle and snuggle. Besides, it can make mutual arousal and begin round two, or even round three.

6)Nope, please, I want my woman, yes you hear a slightly territorialness in the "my" there, no offense meant, to be nothing like my mother whatsoever.

Give me a tomboy over a girlie-girl anyday.

After the last blockbuster relationship, involving going back and forth to Australia, I am happily single, on purpose and will remain that way for a long time to come.

Although, there is much to say about too much of a tomboy, as well as a woman just wanting you for your seed.

The thread below is about a woman wanting to have sex with me, just so she could get pregnant, her words exactly, not mine.

Let's Talk About Sex Baby, Let's Talk About You And Me...

I am not looking for the Princess type, I am looking for a Queen (nobility) to rule beside her King (that would be me).

I see far too many women where daddy and mommy raised them to be the "Princess" but never taught them how to move from "Princess" mode into becoming a regal Queen.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacebot

Originally posted by Greenize
I have heard said that women are hard to understand, hard to figure out. As a woman, I do not see myself as such. I suppose I might be able to see why we might be seen as complicated. I would like to take a moment and just explain some things if I may.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by Greenize]

Let me get this straight.

You are a woman and you are making a thread to explain to other people and especially men (probably), how women think?

To give you a hint you have to be in a mans mind to be able to display the right meaning to another mans mind (in this case our audience) for this to work.
You don't believe me?
Wait till this thread develops.

Else everything is just for show and getting forum points.

OP and everyone else I Will try to illustrate my point right here:

A male poster asked:

Originally posted by Toughiv
You forgot to say that women will try and control the expenses, will suggest you go shopping together, will talk to you about all her problems, AND THEN when you let her have all these things from you, she dumps you for being boring and submissive.

The reply he got from another female poster was:

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by Toughiv

Well that isnt true for all women though. I personally prefer to shop alone and my bf wants me to handle the bills. Sorry you had bad luck it seems.

What was the correct answer?

The correct answer was that ALL women put men throught tests to discover if the men they meet will be the right choice for a stable relationship but what might seem as a bad choice for one woman (according to her logic) might be be a good choice for another one.
It was not that the particular woman in question (in the askers paradigm) was not interested, it might have been that she thought that he might have failed at some testing she gave him.
In reality it doesn't matter much since there are plenty of women out there anyway.

Why the correct answer was not given?
It is impossible for a woman to give the answer a man requires for a man to understand the logic behind a woman's thoughts because everything they (women do) regarding the logical process they have to go through in order to find the "correct male" is subconscious. They never rationalize it.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Originally posted by Phenomium

That's the difference between men and women today. Women go on a conspiracy site looking for someone to sympathise with their plight of being complicated and men just suck it up and deal with it.

You obviously have not frequented the "relationship" forum in BTS. A lot of men on ATS are able to be open about their feelings. Check it out.

Now, what can I do to help you out of any further generalizations and into a group hug.

Really? Are you serious? You want me to go to a "feelings" part of this forum and group hug and all that? Doesn't anyone remember what it was like to be a real man? I just don't understand all of this new age witchcraft where men cry and share their feelings and pretty much turn into women. There is actually a forum on BTS where men get together and sulk huh? LOL, I would be embarrassed for all mankind if I didn't realize that this was just a select few (so called) men in this world submitting themselves to this tyranny of tear jerking. Real men don't sit around and cry like babies and whine and do group hugs. I, myself, will remain a man and not fall for this trick where men are "real men" if they share their feelings in todays world. I think this is an exploit for men to be taken advantage of. Let's see, who would benefit from a man submitting himself and casting away all that once made him a strong, powerful force of nature? I will let everyone else figure that one out, as I will get in trouble if I actually say it. I will not go to this BTS feelings forum, I will not check it out and I think this is one of the greatest evils that a man could do to himself.........group hugs, crying and whinning, if this is what it takes to be a man these days.....then there are no men left.....keep it.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

See ... you just shared with us.

Doesn't that feel better?

And you say you're not fluffy and sensitive.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
All I ask is for a woman to tell me how she feels. I'm not a mind reader.

Btw great thread, a star and flag for you Greenize

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Nola213]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

See ... you just shared with us.

Doesn't that feel better?

And you say you're not fluffy and sensitive.

I didn't "share" with you anything. This is a forum and we are required to write to convey a message. What I did was "tell you like it is" I don't recall using the words "I feel" in anny part of the message above. So no, I didn't share anything and I didn't write a message of sensitivity. As a matter of fact, there was no part of the aforementioned message that was in anyway sensitive or fluffy.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
they need to be held around the neck til a nice blue color sets in, in my opinion.

With that one, I pity the safety of any women that may have the displeasure of being near you.

You have an obvious hatred of women that, with this statement of choking them, I would not be surprised if ATS looks into your IP as for a city, and let the law enforcement there look into your posts - then correlate them with crimes against women in their jurisdiction.

I don't know of an exact rule number, but I am sure you have long since crossed the boundaries of ATS with this threat of choking women.

You, dude, can rot in hell.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Alright, if you say so ... you sounded rather emotional to meez.

Anyhoot, I don't believe what the OP is saying is that we have to walk around in a tutu, drinking camomile, and rearranging ottomans 24/7 ...

I believe being emotionally mature is all that is required.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by STFUPPERCUTTER

heres a little help for women trying to understand men
1. we dont care
2. see number 1

Sounds like you need a hug. Or maybe just sensitivity training.

I hope you never need to be understood.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Destroyed

...I'm hoping to be dating her in the near future but she is a bit of a tomboy (she admits this) does this mean she won't want to be held?

no - 'cause she's still a girl

she probably just doesn't get playing with dolls, or making fake tea for her friends

instead of fairy princess she wanted to be a spy or an astronaut

and she might even spend a great deal of time cutting all the pink embroidered butterflies off all her clothing with an xacto

but she's still a girl

:-)

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I wonder why this thread isn't in the relationship forum itself.

I understand what the OP is saying, and i'm not trying to be negative like some of the other men posting here (who have obviously been burned alot more, than they've done the burning), i try to understand as best i can my significant other, but this thread is so not what i would expect on the front pages of this board.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Some would argue that a woman's soul is the greatest and worthiest of all mysteries.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join