It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Little Help For Men Trying To Understand Women!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Thank God ATS can be chalked full of posts like this.

Seriously, move this to BTS, I can't believe this stuff flies around here.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

I think it's the fact that there is no conspiracy or evil undertone here. I've always been under the impression that the boards on ATS were for discussing conspiracies and news related to the topics, like psychology and such. I always thought BTS was more for social and personal stuff. Not trying to bag your thread or anything, it drew me in so i can't say too much against it.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Sorry I made an assumption there but you spoke as if you knew and it was so.

As a woman, if you were single and sober, how would you honestly feel if a semi-attractive male stranger walked up to you, and simply asked you back to his room? My guess is you would be at least a little offended. I don't know any men who would be offended by that offer (by a woman, felt the need to clarify that, lol), and most would prefer it to happen every single day.

Well, I am a woman, single and sober (at least when I am out). I have had a few men come up to me and jokingly make such suggestions (tho they are secretly hoping that I will take them seriously). Actually I am a little flattered they had the courage because most men are a bit intimidated by me. (Not saying I am special, you would have to know the circumstances).

I hope men don't think there is something special about a woman making them an offer. The women I know who do that will sleep with any man any time. I just don't understand why anyone would be so undiscriminating. Just something I really can't relate to.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Guys, if you feel that strongly about it just use the alert feature and suggest it to staff.

Personally I find it in bad form and blatantly off topic to come to a thread and simply post where you think it belongs or doesn't belong.

Like I said, alert it if you want or don't, and let staff do their job.

[edit on 21 Aug 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Hey Thanks. Not your problem. It is totally mine.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
If the mods find that this is the wrong place for this thread, then I have no qualms with it being moved. But, if you that have issue with it, will read the description of what the psychology forum is about, you will see knowledge and self empowerment as well as this"All in all this will be an \"intellectual & philosophical cafe\" with a focus on everything from mental relaxing and non-religious personal balance, to conspiracies and speculation related to influencing the mind. ....do those emcompass only conspiracies... On occasion, and I believe that it has been noted a time or two in this thread, it is refreshing to have something different to talk about... I am sorry if this thread has offended some of you and you think it doesn't belong here...it wasn't my intention... it was mainly for my own curiousity to see how people would respond... I must say it has been interesting!

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Greenize]

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Greenize]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn
The women I know who do that will sleep with any man any time. I just don't understand why anyone would be so undiscriminating. Just something I really can't relate to.

Like I said, it's just not natural for women to behave that way, and usually it's to make up for something that is missing in their lives (like a father figure), to try and drown out some kind of trauma, or to get back at over controlling parents (since this is a psych thread, lol). I've known women like that as well, and there was usually something underlying.

For men, it is nature. Most of us can and do control it though, but like i said it can be uncomfortable to have that kind of drive. Men know what i'm talking about.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

No offense taken here. Just not something i'm used to seeing on the board, and i've been here a while, lol. That's all i was saying, i'm not a mod and i have nothing against this thread.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

My bad, I wasn't directing that at you personally. I just felt I needed to stand up for my thread!
I have enjoyed reading your posts.
It wouldn't be the first thread I have had moved to BTS or the last I'd wager!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

No worries, i just didnt want you take what i was saying wrong. You're right about the purpose of this part of the board, i've never really read it. I doubt it will get moved nor should it, its gone this long and made the front page.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Awesome thread Greenize! I think it's fine right where it's at. But who am I! Just a simple man. LOL!!

Do women still clean and do laundry? Not where I'm from, according to my future wife! LOL!!

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
After two failed marriages and two sucessful divorces, I've had about 5 years on disability to think these things out. Soooo, it does make sense to me.

And 5? Sometimes we just want to be held?

My last wife seemed to be bitchy because she needed an excuse to keep cheating on me also. But looking back, I would have left me too.

[edit on 20-8-2009 by aleon1018]
\

ouch... i am sorry:-/

but women DO like to be held. i can agree on this one

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

It's been more than one- And the main problem has always been "Dont be who you are, be someone ELSE." I am not, NOT going to go and rewire myself, and not act like myself, and not BE MYSELF so I can have me some. I have had women literally RUN from me, just because of how I LOOK. Or how much I do (or dont) make. not a thing is said about my personality, how loyal, honest, good, nice, smart, funny, creative, resourceful, NOT A SINGLE SOLITARY thing that would make me, ME. Just how do I look, where's the money.

This has happened nearly nonstop for 20 YEARS. All American women. All the same 'needs', all of them shallow.

A @)*#)(*&#($* manual, or how to guide to understand woman is NOT supposed to be needed! It's supposed to be love, it's supposed to be good reasons for attraction. Not this 'the view' or 'oprah' bull*cough*

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

First of all Greenize , I'm stunned that you are a woman. Now I understand why we click so well. Don't forget to tell men that we understand that they need to be babied but sometimes its just a gager. Don't tell ALL of our secrets my friend. Magantice

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
reply to post by 27jd

It's been more than one- And the main problem has always been "Dont be who you are, be someone ELSE." I am not, NOT going to go and rewire myself, and not act like myself, and not BE MYSELF so I can have me some. I have had women literally RUN from me, just because of how I LOOK. Or how much I do (or dont) make. not a thing is said about my personality, how loyal, honest, good, nice, smart, funny, creative, resourceful, NOT A SINGLE SOLITARY thing that would make me, ME. Just how do I look, where's the money.

This has happened nearly nonstop for 20 YEARS. All American women. All the same 'needs', all of them shallow.

A @)*#)(*&#($* manual, or how to guide to understand woman is NOT supposed to be needed! It's supposed to be love, it's supposed to be good reasons for attraction. Not this 'the view' or 'oprah' bull*cough*

well as much as you may not think so, many women do like guys for their personalities, and not for their money or looks. you might be attracted to the wrong types of women

i fell in love with a guy that i thought i had nothing in common with. he was a rebel and i was always pretty good. he was grungy and i was a girly girl. he is broke as a homeless man and cant offer any financial support. i wasnt attracted to him at first, but as we started to get to know eachother , while being friends, over years i grew to learn he was the only person i could ever be with because even though we are different, we enjoy our conversation and we get along so well.

its not until you REALLY get to know a person that you can decide if you like them or not. it takes time... maybe you want a relationship too quickly and arent willing to put in the tender time it takes to develop a meaningful relationship

[edit on 21-8-2009 by calihan_12]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Like I said, it's just not natural for women to behave that way, and usually it's to make up for something that is missing in their lives (like a father figure), to try and drown out some kind of trauma, or to get back at over controlling parents (since this is a psych thread, lol). I've known women like that as well, and there was usually something underlying.

Well, bless my soul. You are making a friend of me. Nice insight for one so young.

But, besides raging hormones, what makes men so undiscriminating?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
You need to try a little Italian foreplay (snaps fingers, points to crotch).

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Sorry you have had to deal with that.

I find many people out there who just go for good looks or money, or a certain persona. This is both men and women. I had a man tell me they like hard bodies. Well jeez, unless you are pretty young and never had children most of us don't have hard bodies. That is shallow as well. It is not just women, it is men as well.

For me, if it clicks it clicks and looks, money, nothing else matters.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
reply to post by 27jd

I am not, NOT going to go and rewire myself, and not act like myself, and not BE MYSELF so I can have me some.

Those are indeed some of the wisest words ever uttered.

They apply to everyone in any personal relationship. No one should ever have to be someone they're not to be liked by the other sex, friends, family, coworkers, etc. Without one's self respect and dignity we are nothing.

But ... I don't see anywhere in the OP where the author suggested that you not be yourself. Simply an offer of information about a woman's perspective for the benefit of anyone who might wish to consider it.

As for the rest of your post ... you will find that men and women alike can pick up on energies of deep seeded anger and resentment ... perhaps that might have as much to do with your experiences than merely looks and money.

[edit on 21 Aug 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn
But, besides raging hormones, what makes men so undiscriminating?

Well, pretty much hormones, also the hardwiring that nature put in us to keep the species going i guess, like i said in the times of cavemen, it was necessary to spread your seed as many places as you could, because survival of children then was very low. But mostly hormones, the big T. In my list of factors that cause women to behave like men, i should have added women that have higher than normal testosterone also (either naturally or synthetically, as some women take testosterone to cut up). Same goes for men who have higher than normal estrogen, they grow breasts, have poor muscle tone, are usually depressed, and have lower sex drives.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join