It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials see rise in militia groups across US

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
There is nothing in that article that is a half-truth. You call it propaganda because you don't like what it says. Talk about embracing ignorance.

No, I call it propoganda because they mentioned racism and crazy people.
It didn't mention the reason behind activism, the reason for the anger in town hall meetings, the reasons for the frustrations against the people who is destroying the economy.

What is it that you are having difficulty understanding?

--sarcasm--
Racists and crazy people with guns? No they don't exist at all.
--end sarcasm--

This is not propaganda.

"All it's lacking is a spark," McEntire said in the report.

It's reminiscent of what was seen in the 1990s — right-wing militias, people ideologically against paying taxes and so-called "sovereign citizens" are popping up in large numbers, according to the report to be released Wednesday.

So it looks like mob rule is becoming the direction of the future.

Great... just what we need, a country full of misinformed people who believe in fairy tales acting like they are authoritative because they have guns.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by daddyroo45

That is true.Racism doesn't have to be overt. I never said that racism took no part. I believe that it has far less rooted power than is generally broadcast. I believe that ignorance resides with those who would let something as trivial as race cause them to take up arms.

And the ignorance of others is precisely the reason I think racism is far more rooted and a powerful force than we want to recognize.

Walk around, go shopping; what do you see? A lot of educated, thinking rational people? Not me!! I see a bunch of Snopes that would like nothing more than to join a "crew" and cause some damage.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by whaaa]

Then one is left to wonder where ignorance actually resides.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
--sarcasm--
--end sarcasm--

No offense dude but i'm like an itch away from putting you on ignore for that ignorant statement.

I don't know why you didn't highlight the fact that I said that the article did speak some truth about crazy people and I even agreed that there are crazy people with guns.

So for you to try to twist my message as such is the poorest of tactics anyone here has ever used in a debate with me or with others.

If you aren't able to debate competently then why attempt to do so?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Already on another thread last night.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Exactly the same title.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by j2000]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Apparently if you object to anything Obama does, you're a racist, big surprise.

I can assure you that if Billary had won the election, you would be seeing just as much anger in the streets.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

And all the angry would be called "sexist."

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Let's see if I remember the Democrat's definition of a militia member.
I'm a white, heterosexual male.
I'm a veteran.
I don't agree with the current Administration's policies.
I own guns.
I shoot guns.
I'm licensed to carry a conceled weapon.
I'm a member of a veteran's organization (American Legion)
I'm a member of a religious organization (Moose)
I believe in the Constitution.

Damn! I am a militia member.
According to our current Government leadership (what a joke)
I am also non-patriotic, a gangster and a Nazi.

I look at it this way, Consider the source.

By the way, I'm not a racist or sexist. I would have voted for Condi Rice if she would have ran.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

reply to post by marg6043

Absolutely NO EVIDENCE whatsoever of that assertion.

Its interesting that since 1980, the majority of terrorist incidents and plots in this country have been domestic in origin. Yet we immedietely regard every warning from the government as part of some false flag operation?

Let me also state, for the record, that no false flag operation has ever been perpetrated against the American people. Much of this hulabaloo on false flags stem from the revelation of Operation NORTHWOODS. Need I remind everyone that NORTHWOODS was never implemented? Clearly, this government that is so evil does have a conscience.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by sweatmonicaIdo]

Doh I think You need to study up on Your history a little bit more .... The most recent one if You don't count 9/11 was the USS Liberty. Its kind of funny the BBC did a complete show on it and at the end it screams false flag... How can this be our government would not do that would they?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

Damn! I am a militia member.
According to our current Government leadership (what a joke)
I am also non-patriotic, a gangster and a Nazi.

Well, I for one don't think you are non-patriotic, a gangster or a Nazi;
anymore than I thought the people that disagreed with Bush were
America haters, traitors, commies, terrorist sympathizers etc.

Labels suck.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Bart McEntire, a special agent with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, told SPLC researchers that this is the most growth he's seen in more than a decade.

"All it's lacking is a spark," McEntire said in the report.

Oh, you're just itching for one of these constitutionalists to saw off their shotgun barrel 1/2" shorter than the federal limit. Only then would you be able to show your 'authoritah' by massacring their entire family.

Maybe if you jackbooted Nazi bullyboy thugs stopped enforcing unconstitutional laws, there wouldn't be any problem.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I posted this in another thread as well. Obama (used loosely to include his administration) is very good at pitting Americans against Americans. He has managed to negatively label a huge chunk of the American public and appealed to those not yet labeled to be on the lookout for said crazies.

Included in his "to be watched groups" are, but is not limited to, returning military, religeous fanatics, southerners, healthcare reform protesters, birthers, ring-wing extremists, anti-government ralliers, tea partiers, etc.

This is, as you can see, a rather broad group of people. What better way to take the focus OFF of what Obama is doing.

For every mention of what the White House is doing, there are several more articles about Iran, Iraq, Afganistan, NK, etc. And for every thing the White House does that some of us don't like, there are several more articles warning "good Americans" to watch out for those that "do not have the interests of the US" in mind.

This article itself is providing the "spark" to get just this sort of thing going. With Americans fighting each other, nobody will be watching the White House.

When the violence gets bad enough, martial law will go into effect and then NOBODY will be watching the White House.

Divide and conquer.
What a shame.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
I posted this in another thread as well. Obama (used loosely to include his administration) is very good at pitting Americans against Americans. He has managed to negatively label a huge chunk of the American public and appealed to those not yet labeled to be on the lookout for said crazies.

Divide and conquer.
What a shame.

What do you think a street organizer does? Obama was probably very good at that job.

He has some people that I know, who never voted, all set to kick his ass out of office in 2012. They are going to take it out on Congress in 2010 for a warm-up.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sweatmonicaIdo

There are racists out there. Certainly. Some will not even recognize this, but for some, they are afraid of a black president. Not because he is black, but rather because it is different.

That said. I'm sick of the race card. While Obama was campaigning he was good at using it. But what really got to me was when Sotomayor was being vetted, every news article didn't shy to mention the republic opposition to the first "Hispanic supreme court justice"

It angered me, I'm tired of people thinking we should put someone in power just because their race has never been there before!

But ultimately Obama's citizenship never mattered, if he got elected on a conspiracy, then im more than sure that same conspiracy could of faked a birth certificate.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

reply to post by marg6043

The only thing more abused in this country than race is the notion of the "race card."

I beg to differ. The notion of race card is only brought up after someone cries racism because we do not bow to Obama

Like it or not, there are people who are not pleased with a black man being president. Some people are overt in their displeasure, others have it bubbling below the surface.

Yes, there are some. Just like their are some crazy people who hate white people as well.

Because a small segment of a population is retarded, does not mean that the whole population is retarded.

I think you'd have to be in complete denial to believe that John McCain, had he won the presidency, would have his citizenship questioned, the number of presidential death threats skyrocket and supposedly "concerned citizens" suddenly come out and give the president all thirteen rings of Hell.

You are right about the citizenship. He has proven his citizenship beyond a doubt.

I have McCain's long form birth certificate. Now where is Obama's?

As for the other points . . . you are not at all concerned with the directions this country is going?

Bush had death threats and "concerned citizens" as well. They are skyrocketing because people are sick of the same old crap in the white house.

Something, something, got these people to suddenly rise up and find their voices. I like to think the people simply got fed up with things. But lets face it - we had a chance to be fed up many years ago.

And we were. The water was already simmering. They decided to leave the water on the fire, and now it is boiling.

America and American's are notoriously called the sleeping giant for a reason. It takes alot to make their blood boil, but when it does, there is hell to pay.

There is a part of me that says they feel threatened by the man in office or that they feel he is easier to disrespect.

I can agree with the first part of the sentence. People do feel threatened because he is CONTINUING the dismantling of America when he promised "hope and change."

Then you shoot yourself in the foot with the last part5 of the sentence.

Why is he easier to disrespect?

Race card anyone?

[edit on 8/12/2009 by Lemon.Fresh]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
McCain's citizenship was questioned. I believe there was an issue with his being born in the Panama Canal Zone while his father was stationed there. I still want to see Obama's birth certificate. I can do a better Photoshop job than what's been posted.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

--sarcasm--
--end sarcasm--

No offense dude but i'm like an itch away from putting you on ignore for that ignorant statement.

I don't know why you didn't highlight the fact that I said that the article did speak some truth about crazy people and I even agreed that there are crazy people with guns.

So for you to try to twist my message as such is the poorest of tactics anyone here has ever used in a debate with me or with others.

If you aren't able to debate competently then why attempt to do so?

You wish to debate competently? Then why did you open the thread with this?

Oh Pleaseeeeee
Ya don't mention the cronyism, the corruption, the illegal wars, the printing of too much money, the calling of activists terroists, the this the that and the that.

This article is complete propoganda.

How is that competent? Calling it propoganda?

I just remembered you weren't even born in America. So why do you even care?

Go ahead... ignore me. I've already written you off from providing anything of any real substance.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I just remembered you weren't even born in America. So why do you even care?

Apparently you don't remember
I WAS born in America
I was born in NY, I was Raised in the U.S.

I left because of too much corruption and I kept getting stopped for owning a nice vehicle.

Have a nice day

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

They stop people for having nice vehicles? Oh yeah.. up there in NY where everyone is hard core and all that.

yeah, not down here in Atlanta...

Much nicer and laid back down here.

So you left America... so you are no longer here? So what skin do you have in the game? How do you get your healthcare today?

[edit on 12-8-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
What this article really boils down to is, people are going to protect themselves from an out of control government so ammo and gun sales are exploding. I myself never wanted to own a gun but I feel so threatened by the last government and this government i will protect myself at any means necessary. The only thing that keeps me at peace is your sole will be judged by the actions you take on this earth.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkm1864
Doh I think You need to study up on Your history a little bit more .... The most recent one if You don't count 9/11 was the USS Liberty. Its kind of funny the BBC did a complete show on it and at the end it screams false flag... How can this be our government would not do that would they?

What did the BBC say about what happened? I do not recall the incident at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join