It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials see rise in militia groups across US

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RolandBrichter
Funny...the article is correct in it's assertion that interest and participation in "militias" has picked up in recent months...

What most may not be aware of is that minorities are getting involved in demographically disproportionate numbers....

This movement transcends politics, ethnicity, and religion...all they want is to help preserve the spirit and the letter of the original US Constitution and Bill of Rights..

The constant attempts to demonize law abiding citizens who truly care about the future of the US is backfiring...

As for me, I'm only going to demonize those who are shouting and disruptive at otherwise civil gatherings.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by Alien Mind
the way you talk, you would rather us do nothing but bend over and take it.
Funny how people from other countries are so concerned about the events happening in the US.

Okay

What are you talking about??????????????????????????????

Firstly, although I live in Canada now I still care about the country where I was born and raised, plus alot of my family still lives there and I will be going back sometime.

Secondly, what are you talking about?
The U.S. is in everyone's business if you hadn't noticed

Stop derailling the thread

STOP claiming that anyone who disagrees with you is derailing the thread!

It makes you sound like someone who is trying to squash dissenting voices.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Although I think their reasons or ideals may be stupid as hell, these militia groups have every right to form up and exist as it's provided for in the constitution. I hope they do get together, train, and put the fear of god into the Federal Government. However, I reserve the right to think their hypocrites.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Great... just what we need, a country full of misinformed people who believe in fairy tales acting like they are authoritative because they have guns.
[edit on 12-8-2009 by HunkaHunka]

But you're perfectly OK with your fascist government heroes forcing their whims on unarmed citizens at gunpoint??

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucentenigma
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Dude are you a disinfo agent or what? You spew the same one line comments that do nothing but distract from the post and start debates on semantics and other irrelevant issues.

Come on man give it up tell us the truth.

I am all about evidence.

Gun sales are up.

Militias are growing..

What does that mean? Angry folks, the likes of what we saw at town hall protests (disruptive) are all going to be armed.

Great... idiots with guns and some sense of destiny... just what we need.

I don't understand your issue with what I am saying.

So what do you want people to do when a government is obviously becoming more onerous and threatening?

Bend over and take it?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Funny

As for me, I'm only going to demonize those who are shouting and disruptive at otherwise civil gatherings.

Now that's talent!

Someone that can hold still while bending over and taking it...............

from the Govt that has been given too much power over the decades.

Let me ask. Is it "civil" to rob a bank?
Or is that just ok if it's a mugging?

[edit on 12-8-2009 by j2000]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
this sucks.

im white. i live in the south. i live on a chunk of land. i have some rifles that i shoot. i have a 4wheeler. i was a boyscout (6years).

what does that make me?

now something you may not have known.

i almost voted obama. there was nothing to do with race that kept me from voting for him:
his lack of experience. his vote record. the fact that he was a puppet for bildeburger's, and henry kissinger gave him his first job, scared the Fn S out of me. i mean... seriously... why would a guy like henry kissinger give this guy a job straight out of college. do you even know who that is? war criminal, and mastermind for years and years. if anyone got mad at the federal government it was mainly cus of him....

i did however hear about race from people. being in the south what can you expect. people here are already dumber than bricks. not one white person out there can say that you didnt hear at least 50 things from people saying DONT VOTE FOR THE N****.

one thing is certain.

race is fueling a lot of the ignorant's rage. dont even try to lie.

the problem here though is that he is in power because of white guys who want to use his race as a cover for doing what they want.

they know how powerful the race card is against white people now, and they know that they can bully people because of it. which is working really well.

if you dont like him, you must be racist.

the fact though, that there are many many many intelligent people out there who can see through this. heres a few things you need to look for:

1) OF COURSE THE CROWDS WILL BE WHITE IF WHITE PEOPLE ARE THE MAJORITY!!!! (they still are arent they?) when blacks were called the main enemy and a problem for the state, did they just dissappear? did they make it so people didnt see them? HELL NO! THEY MARCHED! THEY GOT IN YOUR FACE! they cared about what happened, so they got outside and made people see their plight. What goes around comes around.

2) The policies of America have been making people mad every since nixon. really... since roosevelt. you dont cry revolution when it first happens. everything could have worked its way out in the 4 years. it never did though. look at the 60s and 70s! people were literally dying at the hand of their government over the fact that they hated what was happening sooo much! things went away for a while, but now its like they went one step backwards to make us shutup, then took 10 steps forward every since. once again people got back on the bandwagon, except now, there are burnouts and people whos mom was on coke and lsd when they are born out there trying to get their voice heard too.

3)people are tired of a government that doesnt listen to them. they did sometimes, but not enough to count. the occasional PR campaign made people think that they were being heard. now with obama's admin, they straight put actors with cue cards up as "EVERYDAY NORMAL PEOPLE". yea right! everyday-normal like those soap operas on tv right?

4) there are wayyy too many people without work, and people who dont work get depressed and think of ways to curb their depression/boredom. rallying and talking crap is all they can do. occasionally one or a small group fly off the handle

5)why in God's name are we allowing people not from here, access to our benifits that fewer than 20% pay for???? especially at this time! i dont get it! because they mow grass and clean toilets? that doesnt make it alright. i know plenty of white people who mow grass and clean toilets! give them something other than a name that means "watch out im crazy gun totting idiot who doesnt deserve the tent i live in now"

6)stop arguing with each other!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ill say it again!

STOP ARGUING WITH EACH OTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

who cares where you live now!! who cares what color you are!!! who cares!!????

we are all americans!!

there are ways to do this the right way!!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by wutone

Dude are you a disinfo agent or what? You spew the same one line comments that do nothing but distract from the post and start debates on semantics and other irrelevant issues.

I am all about evidence.

Gun sales are up.

Militias are growing..

What does that mean? Angry folks, the likes of what we saw at town hall protests (disruptive) are all going to be armed.

So what do you want people to do when a government is obviously becoming more onerous and threatening?

Bend over and take it?

What evidence do you have that the government is becoming more onerous and threatening? Someone please explain what the motivation for the current right-wing sentiment is in this country.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
Lets just hope those people with the guns are to weak from blogging about injustice to act upon the whims of their polarized reality.

I assume you're talking about your government, no?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by wutone

I guess we had the same thought at the same time..............

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

How did the mission to MARS go?

Or was that Jupiter you have been on for the last several years.........geesh!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

So that's why you people are so pissed off and picking up guns? A rather lame attempt to insult me for not knowing why you're pissed off? Nice to know I wield the power.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

You sound like someone on MSNBC.

Why are they so mad????

If you have not figured it out by now, then you really have been on mars.

really........

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sweatmonicaIdo

Or could it possibly be the fact that he lied?
False promises?

Changing his website like a day after election?

That would certainly p*ss me right off

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000

You sound like someone on MSNBC.

Why are they so mad????

If you have not figured it out by now, then you really have been on mars.

really........

Well considering you people can't seem to put words or reason to your action or the level of hate and anger you're showing, help me out. You didn't say a word while Bush raped this country. Now there's a black progressive President in office and certain demographics of society are throwing a fit. And the rest of us can't seem to get an answer as to why.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
Lets just hope those people with the guns are to weak from blogging about injustice to act upon the whims of their polarized reality.

I assume you're talking about your government, no?

I'm not sure...

Can we disarm everyone please till I figure this out.

Yes I think that is the safest thing to do.

Then we can all talk like civilized Humans and not poo flinging primates who think they see a Lion in the tall grass.

I also have it on good authority from both parties that Santa is indeed working on my Pony for Christmas.

My polarized reality also has a beach.

-edit because the reality of my fingers is not the same as whats in my head.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by Helmkat]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I am all about evidence.

Gun sales are up.

Militias are growing..

Gun sales are up - True

Militia's are up - True

Angry citizens that are armed exercising there right to form legal militia's are all 'idiot's' with a 'sense of destiny' - Not evidence your opinion

So everyone who is angry with the government and happens to own a gun is an idiot?

That's a very stereotypical and close minded view on reality.

It seems idiotic to lump everyone together as a group.

You might be able to pull throwing a few 'facts' in to label your 'opinion' as 'evidence' with someone slower but not me. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Funny...the article is correct in it's assertion that interest and participation in "militias" has picked up in recent months...

What most may not be aware of is that minorities are getting involved in demographically disproportionate numbers....

This movement transcends politics, ethnicity, and religion...all they want is to help preserve the spirit and the letter of the original US Constitution and Bill of Rights..

The constant attempts to demonize law abiding citizens who truly care about the future of the US is backfiring...

You forgot to add that you also demonize gun owners and member's of militia's and people angry with there government.

Just helping you out there since you forgot your stance since a few post's ago.

Originally posted by HunkaHunkaWhat does that mean? Angry folks, the likes of what we saw at town hall protests (disruptive) are all going to be armed.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

Not all, that would be silly (and of course you knew that HH was not being literal) but there are -enough-because all you need is 1 to begin a tragedy of epic proportions and history is filled with enough evidence of that.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
Well considering you people can't seem to put words or reason to your action or the level of hate and anger you're showing, help me out. You didn't say a word while Bush raped this country. Now there's a black progressive President in office and certain demographics of society are throwing a fit. And the rest of us can't seem to get an answer as to why.

Actually many of the same people were complaining about Bush's war policies, the spending, the catering to NAFTA, the huge expansion of government (which now doesn't seem that huge with the way Obama is going), and on and on and on.

And what certain demographic of society are you referring to? Is it the one that the MSM wants you to see?

I am about as white as Obama is but people like me will never appear in the heavily edited news reports of the rowdy "singular demographic" crowds.

SO let us not sucker ourselves.

Obama is a politically correct continuation of Bush, and is the new puppet to replace the last old worn puppet. Notice how convenient that this new puppet has dark skin? Ever thought the reason why is to try to shut people up by making them look like honky tonk racists, kinda like what you are doing? It is perfect for pushing for 1000 page crap laws that congress gets 2 hours to read. It is also perfect for having 30 czars that believe in crazy things like forced abortions and depopulation.

So while you want to bend over for Obama, there are people not willing to do the same.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join