It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials see rise in militia groups across US

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RolandBrichter

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Great... just what we need, a country full of misinformed people who believe in fairy tales acting like they are authoritative because they have guns.
[edit on 12-8-2009 by HunkaHunka]

But you're perfectly OK with your fascist government heroes forcing their whims on unarmed citizens at gunpoint??

Now... I never said that...

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
We have the right as citizens of the US to form militias.
It's there for all to see in the Constitution.
[in my opinion]The article is a bunch of bunk, militia numbers aren't on the rise over racial prejudices or for any other BS reason. Those who hold a hatred for different skin colors in their heart to such a degree that they need to join a society of other bigots.....have likely been associating with the Aryan Brotherhood, the Neo-Nazis, Black Panthers, La Raza, and other racially motivated groups nationwide long before the current POTUS took office.

I feel that Americans are beginning to wake up in far greater numbers to the lies, the propaganda, the destruction of civil liberties and rights, and the constant lines of BS that the federal government has been feeding us. People were already becoming fed up when Bush was in office, and now that Obama is so obviously NOT making good on his promises to the American people, we are beginning to mobilize in a whole variety of ways, shapes, and forms.

Anybody who finds the idea of state and regional militias "scary" or "stupid" should do a little bit of research into the history of this country, and the history of MANY other countries for that matter.

The allowance of state and local militias organized by the people, cities, and states of this nation.....was written in the Constitution in order to allow us, the CITIZENS of this great nation, a way in which we could effectively smite our own federal government if it ever got too big, too greedy, and/or so ineffectual as to actually HURT the American people with their legislation and leadership.

Just because some of you have this preconceived notion of a "militia" being a bunch of hillbillies with guns doesn't mean that it is so. And if/when it ever came down to blood being shed, these are the people who would be fighting for your freedom. REAL freedom, not the kind of freedom that they are selling on the msm outlets.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
What is the difference between militia's and gangs?

What is the difference between militia's and cops?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Let me also state, for the record, that no false flag operation has ever been perpetrated against the American people.

Get real.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by evo190

It's usually referred to as a 'militia" when the group in question is comprised of ordinary citizens who take up arms in DEFENSE of a community, i.e. NOT killing people for drugs.

A gang is generally comprised of people from lower class and lower-middle class backgrounds who commit criminal acts in order to make money, claim territory, and wipe out the competition. (not all gang members are poor, and not all gangs pull the same crap...some are highly organized, i.e. the mafia)

The cops are a federally and/or state regulated and organized force that is in place to uphold the laws of the nation and states.....although half of the time it seems that they are also around in order to provide the local/state/federal governments with revenue.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Wow the Race Card again..................

Why don't you guys put that thing away.
It is ugly and does not accomplish a thing.

Plus it's getting really, really old. I will not answer anyone anymore that pulls that out. It is over used where it does not belong.
Kind of like the Govt.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
reply to post by marg6043

I think you'd have to be in complete denial to believe that John McCain, had he won the presidency, would have his citizenship questioned, the number of presidential death threats skyrocket and supposedly "concerned citizens" suddenly come out and give the president all thirteen rings of Hell.

Yet you probably didn't mind at all when George Bush was accused of being a Nazi, a monkey, a criminal, and berated and belittled by every whack job on the left, did you?

There is a part of me that says they feel threatened by the man in office or that they feel he is easier to disrespect.

Yeah, I feel threatened by the man's policies, his attitude towards we the people, and his arrogance. I couldn't care less if he's green with purple polkadots and I resent being called a racist just because I disagree with everything he stands for.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

I'm just pointing out reality, you're the one who's claiming a race card is being thrown which makes it seem as you're the one with a problem with it. All I'm asking is why are you people so filled hate and anger lately? You've spent the last few posts dodging it.

reply to post by wutone

How am I bending over to Obama? What does that even mean?

I'm asking you people a simple question because I'm trying to understand where you're coming from. And all I get back are insults and a bunch of really intense emotions I don't think you've dealt with. This seems be a trend amongst most of you and this is the demographic I'm talking about. I continue to ask a simple question "What are you angry about?" and you proceed to get angry at me. Is that your whole opposition to this whole thing? You're angry and you don't know why?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

What evidence do you have that the government is becoming more onerous and threatening? Someone please explain what the motivation for the current right-wing sentiment is in this country.

Go to pg three and look at the explanation I wrote. It is based on conversations I have had at livestock auctions, farmers markets and elsewhere.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by wutone

Originally posted by lucentenigma
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Dude are you a disinfo agent or what? You spew the same one line comments that do nothing but distract from the post and start debates on semantics and other irrelevant issues.

Come on man give it up tell us the truth.

I am all about evidence.

Gun sales are up.

Militias are growing..

What does that mean? Angry folks, the likes of what we saw at town hall protests (disruptive) are all going to be armed.

Great... idiots with guns and some sense of destiny... just what we need.

I don't understand your issue with what I am saying.

So what do you want people to do when a government is obviously becoming more onerous and threatening?

Bend over and take it?

Ok, so this is where it gets partisan.

During the last 8 years the gov was way more onerous than it is today (IMHO). Yet there was a HUGE group of people who felt I should, as you say, "bend over and take it".

Unfortunately, these are now mostly the same people who are attempting to take the Gov to task.

To be honest, I want to know where these people were during the Bush Admin. Why weren't they there to protect me against his ever encroaching power of the Unitary Executive. How come they didn't support my desires for our country.

So to answer your question.

I expect people to do what they gotta do on all sides. But what I don't expect is for those who lose an election to decide it's time to pick up guns.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Its possible they believe "change" and instead Obama seems to be acting like Bush, so the best thing to do is treat Obama like he IS Bush. How would you react if Bush was in power another term?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I guess you consider the fact that when people don't agree with Obama or his policies and decide to say something is insulting.

Maybe we should all just shut up eh?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I guess you consider the fact that when people don't agree with Obama or his policies and decide to say something is insulting.

No, I don't care if you're quiet or not. So you're angry because you perceive when you say something in disagreement with an Obama Administration policy, you feel you get insulted?

[edit on 12-8-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Does anyone know what is accomplished by partisian bickering? I didn't think so! Partisian bickering just bolsters the ancient art of division. When you get down to it,Republicans and Democrats have made a living screwing the citizen. Become Americans again! Try to LISTEN to logical argument,about the issues,not about who issued it.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I expect people to do what they gotta do on all sides. But what I don't expect is for those who lose an election to decide it's time to pick up guns.

So what do you expect them to do?

Run to the MSM? We all know they are fair, right?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Its possible they believe "change" and instead Obama seems to be acting like Bush, so the best thing to do is treat Obama like he IS Bush. How would you react if Bush was in power another term?

You know what... I believe in the power of term limits.

That's pretty much it.

I believe that if someone is angry, they should have more to be angry about then simply a gut feel or a fear.

When people are angry because of their fears, that's when they are out of control.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I would just like to say that I hate the words Partisan and Bipartisan
thanks

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic

No, I don't care if you're quiet or not. So you're angry because you perceive when you say something in disagreement with an Obama Administration policy, you feel you get insulted?

[edit on 12-8-2009 by CuriousSkeptic]

Wait a sec, I thought you were the one being insulted?

And all I get back are insults and a bunch of really intense emotions I don't think you've dealt with.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by wutone

I was asking a question which you people seem to have and continue to have trouble answering. I don't care if you insult me, I'm just pointing out the behaviors your exhibiting and that it seems as though you're having trouble answering the question.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

reply to post by wutone

I was asking a question which you people seem to have and continue to have trouble answering. I don't care if you insult me, I'm just pointing out the behaviors your exhibiting and that it seems as though you're having trouble answering the question.

You mean like this on page 3?

Originally posted by crimvelvet

Obama is in office BECAUSE it allows the PTB to play the race card.

Why are the people upset?
1. Despite an overwhelmingly negative reaction Congress gave Billions to the banks, the banks used the money to give bonuses to the executives that made the bad management decisions and the Fed refuses to account for where the rest of the money went. Also Congress refuses to pass a law mandating an Audit of the Fed. Meanwhile credit cards charge 32% and homes are foreclosed.

2. Our unemployment rate skyrocked from near 3% when Obama was elected to the teens

3. Congress doubled the money supply, doubled our national debt and is spending taxpayer money like a teenage girl turned loose in a shopping mall with her Mom's creditcard. Iceland just went bankrupt and these people are not so dumb they are not aware that the USA could Bankrupt too. I know because I have talked to several of these "southern gun-toting hicks"

4. Al Gore is spouting off about the "Cap and Trade" “But it is the awareness itself that will drive the change and one of the ways it will drive the change is through global governance and global agreements.” People Know "Cap and Trade" is going to cost them money and jobs. And they worry the US government is going to allow "global Governance" of the USA.

5. Janet "WACO" Reno put anyone with Ron Paul, Chuck Baldwin and Bob Barr bumper stickers on the terrorist watch list as well as all ex-military, ex Secret service... Yet the US government has done nothing about Islamburg and other FOREIGN extremist military recuitment and training camps.

6. Obama/democrats have given unions preferential treatment at town hall meeting and denied ordinary people the right to voice their concerns like "READ the bill"

7. Despite the southern border wall being mandated by law its was not built and many southerners see illegals getting perferencial treatment. Such as access to health and dental care while they are turned away, sales jobs requiring fluent spanish, illgals not deported, "sancuary" cities.

6. Congress tried to ram through a bill that would regulate farming and even growing a garden. Waxman had a similar bill pass the house. Country folk have animals, they have gardens and after the fight with the USDA about Animal ID and the nasty underhanded tactics and harassing "Farm Raids" they DO NOT TRUST the US government at all.

Believe me this fight with the USDA over the World Trade Organization mandated Animal ID woke up a lot of rural people (just google NAIS animal). It made them nervous and Janet Reno placing ordinary citizens on her watch list has confirmed their fears.

That is just a small example in what you are asking about.

People have been posting left and right .

Try reading, you aren't a member of congress are you?

[edit on 12-8-2009 by wutone]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join