It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Officials see rise in militia groups across US

page: 1
30
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Officials see rise in militia groups across US


www.sfgate.com

Militia groups with gripes against the government are regrouping across the country and could grow rapidly, according to an organization that tracks such trends.

It's reminiscent of what was seen in the 1990s — right-wing militias, people ideologically against paying taxes and so-called "sovereign citizens" are popping up in large numbers, according to the report to be released Wednesday. The SPLC is a nonprofit civil rights group that, among other activities, investigates hate groups.

The
(visit the link for the full news article)


Related News Links:
www.fas.org



+6 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

The stress of a poor economy and a liberal administration led by a black president are among the causes for the recent rise


Oh Pleaseeeeee
Ya don't mention the cronyism, the corruption, the illegal wars, the printing of too much money, the calling of activists terroists, the this the that and the that.

This article is complete propoganda.

While the article does hold some truth about some crazy people, like the guy shooting at the holocaust musueum, the fact that only points out certain events, facts and half-truths makes it propoganda.

Oh the marketing with words!
Things that oppress you, call it the patriot act, people that want their country back call them terroists or militias.

hahaha

www.sfgate.com
(visit the link for the full news article)



posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia
 



While the article does hold some truth about some crazy people, like the guy shooting at the holocaust musueum, the fact that only points out certain events, facts and half-truths makes it propoganda.


You knows what's really "hahaha?" All these things, these "certain events" and "half truths" are VERY prevalent right here on ATS. In that case, ATS is nothing but propaganda.

There is nothing in that article that is a half-truth. You call it propaganda because you don't like what it says. Talk about embracing ignorance.



posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
You knows what's really "hahaha?" All these things, these "certain events" and "half truths" are VERY prevalent right here on ATS. In that case, ATS is nothing but propaganda.

That makes no sense
You are looking at ATS as a whole when it's mostly just a compilation of articles and opinions.

If I post an article you can read it in it's entirety.
ATS is not ONE giant big article.
Can you see the difference now?


Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
There is nothing in that article that is a half-truth. You call it propaganda because you don't like what it says. Talk about embracing ignorance.

No, I call it propoganda because they mentioned racism and crazy people.
It didn't mention the reason behind activism, the reason for the anger in town hall meetings, the reasons for the frustrations against the people who is destroying the economy.

What is it that you are having difficulty understanding?



posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia
 


Par for the course. Demonize the people who just want their freedom. Remember the Branch Davidians? Remember the lies that were told about them? It was Reno's job back then to make an example of any group that considered constitutional rights uninfringable.

The sleepers need to awaken. If we allow anyones rights to be infringed,our rights are diminished also. I say if you want to be in a militia,it's your right,go for it!!!



posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
If the government is going to fight the increasing unrest of people around the nation due to the economic crisis and job loses on top of the corruption in Washington and the take over of the elites of tax payer money to pay for their financial mistakes blaming it on because we have a black president that is very lame.

But then again what else can the government use to go after citizens but with the race card.



posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043
 


The only thing more abused in this country than race is the notion of the "race card."

Like it or not, there are people who are not pleased with a black man being president. Some people are overt in their displeasure, others have it bubbling below the surface. I think you'd have to be in complete denial to believe that John McCain, had he won the presidency, would have his citizenship questioned, the number of presidential death threats skyrocket and supposedly "concerned citizens" suddenly come out and give the president all thirteen rings of Hell.

Something, something, got these people to suddenly rise up and find their voices. I like to think the people simply got fed up with things. But lets face it - we had a chance to be fed up many years ago. There is a part of me that says they feel threatened by the man in office or that they feel he is easier to disrespect.



posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sweatmonicaIdo
 


Then again it could be another false flag to pass bills on homegrown terrorism because the government is starting to feel the heat of what an unsatisfied nation will be able to do.



posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Then again it could be another false flag to pass bills on homegrown terrorism because the government is starting to feel the heat of what an unsatisfied nation will be able to do.


NOW THAT is a scary thought!
If so much acts and bills passed because of foreign terroists what will happen if they consider there to be too much homegrown terroism?

I guess it's the next step, a police state.



posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Here's a thought from my deeply paranoid brain....

What if the rise in militias is actually sponsored by the FBI to ferret out the malcontents, identify them and target them for further action. Like they did with the KKK. At one time there were more federal guys pretending to be rednecks, in a KKK cell than ordinary racists. The PTB are not stupid and know quite well the techniques to suppress descent. Bush did it very well with his war.



posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
this stuff is making me sick, what happened to 'a well regulated militia'? it's in a good old document that keeps getting torn to pieces.
I'm starting to think they really do want a shooting war with the american people.
sad.



posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043
 


Absolutely NO EVIDENCE whatsoever of that assertion.

Its interesting that since 1980, the majority of terrorist incidents and plots in this country have been domestic in origin. Yet we immedietely regard every warning from the government as part of some false flag operation?

Let me also state, for the record, that no false flag operation has ever been perpetrated against the American people. Much of this hulabaloo on false flags stem from the revelation of Operation NORTHWOODS. Need I remind everyone that NORTHWOODS was never implemented? Clearly, this government that is so evil does have a conscience.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by sweatmonicaIdo]



posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
reply to post by marg6043
 


The only thing more abused in this country than race is the notion of the "race card."

Like it or not, there are people who are not pleased with a black man being president. Some people are overt in their displeasure, others have it bubbling below the surface. I think you'd have to be in complete denial to believe that John McCain, had he won the presidency, would have his citizenship questioned, the number of presidential death threats skyrocket and supposedly "concerned citizens" suddenly come out and give the president all thirteen rings of Hell.

Something, something, got these people to suddenly rise up and find their voices. I like to think the people simply got fed up with things. But lets face it - we had a chance to be fed up many years ago. There is a part of me that says they feel threatened by the man in office or that they feel he is easier to disrespect.

Suddenly rise up? For the most part people are slow to arise from slumber. The unrest was palpable during the last Bush term. The problems have escalated from there.People have had the hard realization that their government is out of their control. From what I have experienced throughout the last five years,concerns are far from simple racist rants. The derogatory remarks are just divisive tactics designed to distract attention from the the real proplems.



posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45
 


Racism does not have to be overt. It can be hidden, clandestine. In addition, in no way do I believe race is the only thing motivating people to suddenly stop cowering. But to say race plays no role is flat-out ignorant. Race is an element in this equation, whether we like to admit it or not.

It is always easier to attack someone or something different and unfamiliar.



posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This news article uses the race card, propaganda, and generalization. They blame it all on racism, a black president, and right wing extremist. Yes there are some crazy people, but come on, not everyone that is against the system is a cracy nut case. I'm tired of the propaganda and the lies. I bet if McCain was president, we would have had the exact same problem, but it would have been "left wing extremists".



posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Militias are a thing of the past. The real fight is in memes and ideas. Words and ideas are far more powerful than guns. You may kill me but my ideas will live and be given more power by my absence.

That said, the SPLC is a really important organization with noble origins that has veered off from it's original purpose, diluted it's message and has been used by the PTB to control the debate in this country by characterizing dissent as mean, racist or dangerous.

The ADL has been doing the same thing.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So, IMO, the SPLC and the ADL are far more of a threat to what the U.S. stands for than the militias.

By injecting the idea of "hate" into the debate, the PTB have us arguing about and defending our intentions rather than focusing on their actions - actions which threaten our freedom and liberty, regardless of race or creed.

We must embrace our diversity in order to remain united for our freedoms or they will win.



posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
reply to post by daddyroo45
 


Racism does not have to be overt. It can be hidden, clandestine. In addition, in no way do I believe race is the only thing motivating people to suddenly stop cowering. But to say race plays no role is flat-out ignorant. Race is an element in this equation, whether we like to admit it or not.

It is always easier to attack someone or something different and unfamiliar.


That is true.Racism doesn't have to be overt. I never said that racism took no part. I believe that it has far less rooted power than is generally broadcast. I believe that ignorance resides with those who would let something as trivial as race cause them to take up arms.



posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
THE SPLC is a joke outfit- I laugh at it's "not for profit" status- Id like to see who funds them and how much people are paid!

These people only exist by creating scare stories and fear, if there were no threat of "hate groups" (as opposed to "love" groups?) their reason for existence would disappear.

Notice their use of words like "may", or "could"


jokers, wouldn't give them the time of day



posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sweatmonicaIdo
 


I disagree with you, I am a conspiracy believer and that is what I am so I will stand by my "assumptions and believes".



posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45








That is true.Racism doesn't have to be overt. I never said that racism took no part. I believe that it has far less rooted power than is generally broadcast. I believe that ignorance resides with those who would let something as trivial as race cause them to take up arms.



And the ignorance of others is precisely the reason I think racism is far more rooted and a powerful force than we want to recognize.

Walk around, go shopping; what do you see? A lot of educated, thinking rational people? Not me!! I see a bunch of Snopes that would like nothing more than to join a "crew" and cause some damage.



[edit on 12-8-2009 by whaaa]



new topics

top topics



 
30
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join