It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officials see rise in militia groups across US

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
"What is it that you are having difficulty understanding?"

Lol man some people just can't see true propoganda when it's in their face, these are the "conditioned" folk, and these peolpe can't see what other show is blatent unless they truely have the will to see through the BS smoke screen.

good catch op!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sweatmonicaIdo

Something, something, got these people to suddenly rise up and find their voices. I like to think the people simply got fed up with things. But lets face it - we had a chance to be fed up many years ago. There is a part of me that says they feel threatened by the man in office or that they feel he is easier to disrespect.

Obama is in office BECAUSE it allows the PTB to play the race card.

Why are the people upset?
1. Despite an overwhelmingly negative reaction Congress gave Billions to the banks, the banks used the money to give bonuses to the executives that made the bad management decisions and the Fed refuses to account for where the rest of the money went. Also Congress refuses to pass a law mandating an Audit of the Fed. Meanwhile credit cards charge 32% and homes are foreclosed.

2. Our unemployment rate skyrocked from near 3% when Obama was elected to the teens

3. Congress doubled the money supply, doubled our national debt and is spending taxpayer money like a teenage girl turned loose in a shopping mall with her Mom's creditcard. Iceland just went bankrupt and these people are not so dumb they are not aware that the USA could Bankrupt too. I know because I have talked to several of these "southern gun-toting hicks"

4. Al Gore is spouting off about the "Cap and Trade" “But it is the awareness itself that will drive the change and one of the ways it will drive the change is through global governance and global agreements.” People Know "Cap and Trade" is going to cost them money and jobs. And they worry the US government is going to allow "global Governance" of the USA.

5. Janet "WACO" Reno put anyone with Ron Paul, Chuck Baldwin and Bob Barr bumper stickers on the terrorist watch list as well as all ex-military, ex Secret service... Yet the US government has done nothing about Islamburg and other FOREIGN extremist military recuitment and training camps.

6. Obama/democrats have given unions preferential treatment at town hall meeting and denied ordinary people the right to voice their concerns like "READ the bill"

7. Despite the southern border wall being mandated by law its was not built and many southerners see illegals getting perferencial treatment. Such as access to health and dental care while they are turned away, sales jobs requiring fluent spanish, illgals not deported, "sancuary" cities.

6. Congress tried to ram through a bill that would regulate farming and even growing a garden. Waxman had a similar bill pass the house. Country folk have animals, they have gardens and after the fight with the USDA about Animal ID and the nasty underhanded tactics and harassing "Farm Raids" they DO NOT TRUST the US government at all.

Believe me this fight with the USDA over the World Trade Organization mandated Animal ID woke up a lot of rural people (just google NAIS animal). It made them nervous and Janet Reno placing ordinary citizens on her watch list has confirmed their fears.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Dude are you a disinfo agent or what? You spew the same one line comments that do nothing but distract from the post and start debates on semantics and other irrelevant issues.

Come on man give it up tell us the truth.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
WOOT rally the militia!!!!
Ya know it does take # like this to get a force to over throw govs...

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sweatmonicaIdo

Excuse me, but why is it when a liberal disagrees with someone, "the other person" is always the one with the "closed mind"? The article is clearly slanted to portray ALL militia and "sovereign citizens" as crazed gun touting murderers just "waitin' fer Jesus to smite all them dark folks!"

The sudden resurgence of interest in militias is in large part due to the US governments disregard for the Constitution of the United States of America. If you don't agree, fine, but keep your personal insults to yourself.

I do not belong to a militia but I maintain that private citizens have the right to arm, train, and prepare in the defense of tyranny even if the despot is our own government.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

the way you talk, you would rather us do nothing but bend over and take it.
Funny how people from other countries are so concerned about the events happening in the US.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

They stop people for having nice vehicles? Oh yeah.. up there in NY where everyone is hard core and all that.

Yes they do stop people for having a nice car. My 62 year old WHITE Father was stopped and had the sh!* beaten out of him by the state troopers. He had no traffic tickets, doesn't swear, doesn't drink, completely law abiding and was doing nothing wrong.

So stop with the sneers and stupid statements.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Mind
the way you talk, you would rather us do nothing but bend over and take it.
Funny how people from other countries are so concerned about the events happening in the US.

Okay

What are you talking about??????????????????????????????

Firstly, although I live in Canada now I still care about the country where I was born and raised, plus alot of my family still lives there and I will be going back sometime.

Secondly, what are you talking about?
The U.S. is in everyone's business if you hadn't noticed

Stop derailling the thread

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Here's a thought from my deeply paranoid brain....

What if the rise in militias is actually sponsored by the FBI to ferret out the malcontents, identify them and target them for further action. Like they did with the KKK. At one time there were more federal guys pretending to be rednecks, in a KKK cell than ordinary racists. The PTB are not stupid and know quite well the techniques to suppress descent. Bush did it very well with his war.

What if ATS was setup by the FBI to draw out malcontents? What if we had agents on the way to Whaaa's house right now? What if we just walked through Whaaa's front door? What if we just pushed over Whaaa's mom and ate the plate of freshly baked cookies she was carrying? What if we were standing right behind Whaaa at this very moment?

We're coming for you Whaaa. We're coming for you...........Mu hahahahahha

Bush was a war criminal and Cheney should be in jail, at the very least, for shooting a guy in the face. Most people who shoot other people in face go to jail - they don't get an apology from the guy they shot in the face.

But, we're still coming for Whaaa. We'll convince him to wear a wire to get someone bigger. It's what we do.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

You're exactly correct. There was absolutely NO winning this election.

A "no" vote for Hillary or her policies: SEXIST
A "no" vote for Obama or his policies: RACIST
A vote in favor of anything pro-Republican or conservative or religeous:
RACIST and an EXTREMIST

(end of reference to thisguyrightthere's comment)

I'm not saying that racism doesn't exist. But how can people say:

"Racism is covert, hushed, secretive, but exists....."

Well, if it's so darn hidden -- how do you know it's there!!

I can't stand the assumption that even though you readily say, "I don't care if the man is black -- he's bankrupting the country and I will not support him!" - you're still secretly opposing him because he's black and because you are secretly racist.

Why can't I be opposed to President Obama and still NOT be racist?

Guess what? He is bankrupting the country. Guess what? This healthcare reform can not be paid for and still doesn't help everyone. Guess what? Obama is not delivering on his campaign promises, he is back-dooring Americans everytime we turn around, the deficit is sky-rocketing, and we are still spending like crazy!

Healthcare needs to be reformed. But instead of all of the apologies that come later for the screw-ups (we were rushed, loopholes, blah) we should get it right the first time around. Which means everything needs to SLOW DOWN. Let people actually READ IT. Let's figure out how to PAY FOR IT. Let's include 100% of Americans, not 97%.

Not enough time has passed to see if any of the changes that Obama has made so far are even going to work! Don't you think we need some time to first find out whether or not his ideas are even effective -- before we allow him to take over yet another major sector?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by andrewh7

Bring it!!

[edit on 12-8-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

First, well, yes, the U.S. is everybody's business except when you don't want it to be OUR business. It's a one-way street.

Second -- you're not paying for it. You don't have my property taxes that yes, just went up again because someone has to pay for all of the foreclosed houses that aren't paying. You don't have my paycheck - which is 38% LESS than it was last year. You didn't just get a notice from your mortgage company saying that the 20% down payment you put down 5 years ago is gone and that the value of your house is now MORE THAN 11% BELOW your total mortgage. The list goes on and on.

Point being -- we have a right to be outraged and you can't know all of the reasons why without living here right now.

What I find most ironic is all of the people that travel to the US for healthcare because they can't get it back home --yet claim that their healthcare system is fine. If it were so fine, why are they coming to the US for treatment?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
The MSM is doing everything it can to discredit these protesters. Its really getting to be unbearable. These people do nothing but demonize, then turn around and blame Rush Limbaugh for the political climate.

'Almost Entirely White and Irritable Crowd' of 'Angry' Obama-Care Protesters

They got up before dawn in large numbers with angry signs and American flag T-shirts, and many were seething with frustration at issues that went far beyond overhauling health care.

More than 1,000 people showed up here Tuesday morning in this largely Republican town in central Pennsylvania for a town-hall-style meeting with Senator Arlen Specter, though the auditorium could seat only 250. Like many of the dozens of such meetings held by members of Congress over the last few weeks, this one was punctuated with rowdy moments, and interviews with many of those who showed up made it clear just how much underlying dissent motivated them.

Ms. Abram described herself as a stay-at-home mother from Lebanon, and in many ways she was representative of the almost entirely white and irritable crowd, most of whom were from the area.

You gotta love how they're now attacking people for being white. Its completely racist and unacceptable, but these are liberals we're talking about. Imagine if Fox had described the may day marches in 2007 as "mostly irritable brown people"?

CBS Early Show Again Fears Rise in ‘Right-Wing Extremists’

"A report out this morning says anti-government and white racist militias are regrouping around the country. The Southern Poverty Law Center says it is in part a reaction to the election of America’s first black president."

Translation: These protesters are all white racists who should be shut down.

NBC, CNN and MSNBC All Assign Communist LaRouche's Obama-Hitler Poster to Conservatives, Limbaugh

The media have repeatedly stated how "angry," "hostile" and "ugly" town hall meetings across America are becoming. They are of course largely ascribing the nastiness to conservatives voicing their opposition to (among other things) President Barack Obama and Congress' proposed government takeover of the health care system.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucentenigma

Dude are you a disinfo agent or what? You spew the same one line comments that do nothing but distract from the post and start debates on semantics and other irrelevant issues.

Come on man give it up tell us the truth.

I am all about evidence.

Gun sales are up.

Militias are growing..

What does that mean? Angry folks, the likes of what we saw at town hall protests (disruptive) are all going to be armed.

Great... idiots with guns and some sense of destiny... just what we need.

I don't understand your issue with what I am saying.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

The Southern Poverty Law Center is a "mega-racist" group. If you part your hair on a side they don't like they accuse you of racism. They are funded heavily with Federal money. I see these organizations are really quick to throw out their "non-profit" status which is the first indication you have a bunch of people who could not get a job in a real company and are soaking huge salaries out of a so called "non-profit".

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Funny...the article is correct in it's assertion that interest and participation in "militias" has picked up in recent months...

What most may not be aware of is that minorities are getting involved in demographically disproportionate numbers....

This movement transcends politics, ethnicity, and religion...all they want is to help preserve the spirit and the letter of the original US Constitution and Bill of Rights..

The constant attempts to demonize law abiding citizens who truly care about the future of the US is backfiring...

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
Point being -- we have a right to be outraged

????????????

Dude I don't know what you are talking about
When exactly did I say that you shouldn't be outraged?

I think you responded to the wrong person
I think you wanted to respond to hunkajunk

I was saying of course people will be outraged but NOT because of racism

I think if you re-read the post you thought you were resonding to......
Okay, just go back and check

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by j2000
Already on another thread last night.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Exactly the same title.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by j2000]

I requested my Thread close.

Correction - I did not know you could run two threads as long as one is on Alt Breaking News...............

[edit on 12-8-2009 by j2000]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
Great... idiots with guns and some sense of destiny... just what we need.

Wow...I've never heard that programmed response before [/sarcasm]

So, in your opinion, are all citizens with guns "idiots"?

[edit on 12-8-2009 by RolandBrichter]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
There is nothing in that article that is a half-truth. You call it propaganda because you don't like what it says. Talk about embracing ignorance.

No, I call it propoganda because they mentioned racism and crazy people.
It didn't mention the reason behind activism, the reason for the anger in town hall meetings, the reasons for the frustrations against the people who is destroying the economy.

What is it that you are having difficulty understanding?

--sarcasm--
Racists and crazy people with guns? No they don't exist at all.
--end sarcasm--

This is not propaganda.

"All it's lacking is a spark," McEntire said in the report.

It's reminiscent of what was seen in the 1990s — right-wing militias, people ideologically against paying taxes and so-called "sovereign citizens" are popping up in large numbers, according to the report to be released Wednesday.

So it looks like mob rule is becoming the direction of the future.

Great... just what we need, a country full of misinformed people who believe in fairy tales acting like they are authoritative because they have guns.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by HunkaHunka]

Can I be dead before they take over? I would like to wax sentimental about the good old days from the hereafter.

I have to wonder "are we watching the fall of Rome" in our own lifetime? in 500 years will the people of some other nation shake their heads and say "If only they had not started using Cel phones and Microwaving their food." and then they will talk about World of Warcraft like we talk about the Coliseum?

We are becoming a society where everyone is literally "living in their own reality".

Lets just hope those people with the guns are to weak from blogging about injustice to act upon the whims of their polarized reality.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join