It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four UFO's filmed by me!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

Just because you have graduate classes over me means very little. Do you even use the scientific method? Having a PHD means so little these days, Stephen Hawking and Bill Nye have a great friend in you.

You are making a theory when you have done nothing more than watch a video. Then saying it IS four lanterns.

As for a dyed in the wool believer, take your ad hominem statement and actually read what I said. I said I didn't KNOW what it is. You didn't even grasp what is being said. AT ALL.

This is further proof to me that scientists and doctors are some of the most arrogant and closed minded people around. You saw one piece of evidence and are now certain of their composition. I didn't tell you what to believe, you are closed minded. Doctorate or no.

Besides what does a PHD have to do with confirming the true nature of white points of light in the sky? Are you an astro-physicist, or an astronomer? Besides, even if your doctorate directly relates to this topic, all I am saying is an open, honest, and thoughtful discussion is required to further the DIALOGUE! You know, opening your mind to something other than just the obvious?

You support the closing of the channel of communication, accuse me of being a true believer, all the while trying to use your credentials as some kind of proof that you are right.

YOU ARE GUESSING. You are not utilizing the full concept of the Scientific Method, and you have no clue as to the true nature of this clip, just like myself and everyone else.

Just to further illustrate the point, here is part of this thread's disclaimer at the top of the page.

Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of the existence of extraterrestrials and the related conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of AboveTopSecret.com\'s tradition of supporting the examination of the \"extraterrestrial phenomenon\" on the related conspiracy theories, cover-ups, and scandals.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by GideonHM]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Great video, so just ignore the Chinese Lantern morons. Keep looking to the skys.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio

Originally posted by GideonHM

I don't know what they are and NEITHER do you. You can't! You do not know what is in the video. The OP doesn't know.

You are accusing the OP of being a fraud and a liar. You offer nothing.
Be productive would you?

Did you see the way I cleverly put the words "in my opinion" in front of my reply? IN MY OPINION, the OP doesn't sound genuine and the orbs look like lanterns. Of course I can't prove it......what I ridiculous thing to say. Are you saying I'm not allowed an opinion because it's not the same as yours?

The video was posted on a DISCUSSION forum. People reply with their own viewpoint. You seem to be struggling with the concept of internet forums. Now calm down and take some breaths.

In your opinion means that you still believe this person a fraud. You aren't discussing, you are making statements.

DENY IGNORANCE! You are free to your opinion, but when that opinion calls someone else a liar, I also have the right to make those statements. Saying your opinion that someone is a hoaxer is CALLING them a HOAXER.

By the by, viewpoints do not allow for a discussion when you have already made up your mind. You just took the opinion of what the original Chinese lantern poster said and accepted it.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnhancedInterrogator
Great. More nondescript "lights-in-the-sky". Thanks for sharing anyway though

By itself it's not much, but maybe some other evidence from the same date at the same time in the same area will surface to correlate with it (yeah, I know - wishful thinking on my part).

Exactly! Honestly it isn't much to go off on, and any physical evidence will also be hard (if not impossible) to come by. There is little way to tell what they are, even if there had been a more impressive display.

Rather, I wish more videos were so visually stable. I could never hold a camera that still without a tripod or some kind of means to mount it.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
to many things done to discredit whts realy goin on

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheInfamousOne
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Great video, so just ignore the Chinese Lantern morons. Keep looking to the skys.

Yes, just ignore and move on?

How can we move on if we keep going over and over the IFO's ? Meaning the sightings that "can" be explained!

It's the UFO's we would like to sort out, yes post your findings but be prepaired to have a decent answer for your findings...

Let's keep this a discusion and have less of the name calling folks...?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys

Originally posted by kcire
The 'voice-over' really irritates me and makes me think it is all about nothing.

Are there really people that talk like 'the voice' does? I have so far only heard this kind of talk in movies and cartoons...'Hey dude', 'Dude!', 'I'm zoomin' out dude'...really?

So...I go for Chinese lanterns floating by!

Yes there are really people who do speak in that manner in the U.S.
My son and all his friends talk this way. He even calls his girlfriend "Dude"

Also if you ever get to California you can experience this slang speak everywhere there, especially at the beaches.

Dude! I live in California and that is exactly how lots of people freak out when they aren't expecting something. Seriously.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodward
I live in the UK they do not sell chinese lanterns in most shops here I have never seen one. I find it hard to believe these two phenomenon have been witnessed at the same time

star & flag for me.

Not to mention, many states have fireworks bans in effect to prevent massive wildfires. You can not typically buy them legally in most western states.

Non-floating bulb Chinese lanterns are safer and typically more accessible.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ls1cameric

You bet!

Not to mention, you could literally create a wildfire resulting in the loss of thousands of acres, not to mention possible loss of homes, and devastation to wildlife.

Burning a sky lantern in the woods is reckless, illogical, foolish and really, really, dangerous. Wildfires are a seasonal part of life where I live, and the dislocations and loss of forest alone are enough to illustrate that there is an entire line of logic that is being over looked in this thread.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GideonHM

Wow, man, you're fighting hard for this video...
You still haven't responded to my reply on page 4... waiting....

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I have seen ufos like this before.The worst part of this video was the music.I do like my counrty music but that singer was absolute crap.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

reply to post by mckyle

Just because you have graduate classes over me means very little. Do you even use the scientific method? Having a PHD means so little these days, Stephen Hawking and Bill Nye have a great friend in you.

You are making a theory when you have done nothing more than watch a video. Then saying it IS four lanterns.

As for a dyed in the wool believer, take your ad hominem statement and actually read what I said. I said I didn't KNOW what it is. You didn't even grasp what is being said. AT ALL.

This is further proof to me that scientists and doctors are some of the most arrogant and closed minded people around. You saw one piece of evidence and are now certain of their composition. I didn't tell you what to believe, you are closed minded. Doctorate or no.

Besides what does a PHD have to do with confirming the true nature of white points of light in the sky? Are you an astro-physicist, or an astronomer? Besides, even if your doctorate directly relates to this topic, all I am saying is an open, honest, and thoughtful discussion is required to further the DIALOGUE! You know, opening your mind to something other than just the obvious?

You support the closing of the channel of communication, accuse me of being a true believer, all the while trying to use your credentials as some kind of proof that you are right.

YOU ARE GUESSING. You are not utilizing the full concept of the Scientific Method, and you have no clue as to the true nature of this clip, just like myself and everyone else.

Just to further illustrate the point, here is part of this thread's disclaimer at the top of the page.

Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of the existence of extraterrestrials and the related conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of AboveTopSecret.com\'s tradition of supporting the examination of the \"extraterrestrial phenomenon\" on the related conspiracy theories, cover-ups, and scandals.

Chinese Lanterns do have a familiar signature in respect to both video and to visual sighting, that is the colours will be Orange to yellow.Artificial colour recording is very similar to the way the eye perceives colour and so both are close except in the intensity of colour,the eye has mostly more intensity. The probable difference lies in the black and white scales of the camera which can show a paleness of colours, nevertheless the OP's recording shows the Orange/yellow characteristic in closer up parts of the recording. Far away pics just show an interpreted light from the camera..

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

I didn't see it. All apologies about that, I had to go to class and I ended up working my way back. I'll check on it.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Ok, I will definitely buy that.
All I saw were the white lights. The movement I saw could easily be interpreted as wind drift. Had I seen the orange/yellowish hue, I would have certainly considered it.

I can't begin to imagine the level of irrationality on the behalf of someone burning sky lanterns in a forest. No concern or respect for nature at all.

However, I am not yet willing to say the OP had anything to do with creating a hoax. If they are lanterns, he simply recorded what he saw. He was in shock and amazement, leading me away from thinking at the very least he is intentionally trying to deceive anyone.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Agreed, I did say earlier, no harm to the OP.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Ok, well my last post addresses most of what you were talking about, and I am definitely willing to consider a lantern. However, I believe his willingness to question his own evidence is proof of his innocence of any intentional deceptions on his part.

Don't call him a hoaxer, please. Be thankful that some posters are willing to reconsider their evidence, and are willing to accept counter-claims.

Remember, I was not advocating that these were UFOs, rather I got heated over the perpetual Chinese lantern posts that didn't address the evidence (which you certainly clarified), and the insistence that the OP is a liar and a fraud.

How can we encourage an open exchange of ideas and information, if people are too scared to post for fear of a deluge of people attacking them ferociously for their footage or evidence? We can't.

Don't lambast the poor guy. Believe the evidence or not, I don't care. Don't attack the guy by calling it a hoax (because most of them said he tried to fool everyone), when all you have to do is take it for what it is worth.
Then if the OP shows certain inconsistencies in his or her behavior (in general), we can quickly separate the wheat from the chaff, so to speak.

If he were outright lying, I am fairly sure we could tell, but if he is willing to accept an Earthly explanation, good for him. Liars will defend their hoaxes to the death typically, then try to get credit for being honest after being caught.
I am not seeing this behavior. However, you make a very strong case, and I can definitely accept your perspective.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Rather, I wish more videos were so visually stable. I could never hold a camera that still without a tripod or some kind of means to mount it.

But the camara used doesnt have optical zoom only a 2x digital zoom.. thats why its so steady.. surely you could handle that.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicTraveler

Digital zoom? Yeah, I can deal with that.

My digital Kodak Easy Share camera far out does that, and now that I think of it, I could really get some nice footage, if I tried that is.

A really great camera.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Hi everybody,

To MystikMushroom,

The topic is a couple of days old now but only just seen it and the weirdest thing.

I live in the UK, basically on the middle part of the southern coast. I live in a town environment with parks surrounding me. Two nights ago I get called out to the garden by my elderly father, orange lights in the sky. They formed the points of a diamond with a fifth brighter light off where north west would be on a compass. I could draw it better but you get the idea. I saw the lights for maybe 10 seconds, the diamond ones disappeared first after only a few seconds and the last and largest maybe 5-8 seconds later, and my vision was highly obscured by a near placed tree so while what I saw took place over 10 seconds (ish) the actual time in my vision was less.

I've never seen Chinese lanterns in real life and loads of folks here say it is, but it was the weirdest thing and your lights in the video are basically identical. On another page on this topic someone saw something similar in Chalfont St Peters(?!?!) which is maybe 80 miles from here. Edit to add marvinmole82, soz marv, and my sighting (for what its worth) happened roughly 10pm on 10 August 2009.

Power and Equality

[edit on 11-8-2009 by yyyyyyyyyy]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Folks:

I honestly do not know what these were. Yes, I was at an outside music festival, but I have been over 4 times before to the same event and never seen anything like this before.

I did not see/hear any talk of "lanterns" at the festival. Perhaps I was not aware someone had them?

After we were all done watching, we tried to run down the list of possibilities.

My friend and I first thought, "maybe they are flares"? But I countered with, I have never seen flares act in such a way.

Perhaps the flickering is because this camera has absolutely NO low-light performance. This is a Flip Ultra HD camera -- around $200

I am a skeptic myself, and have watched and wasted enough time with blurry, shaky videos with no sense of perspective. I tried my best to capture it.

I was not "acting" -- actually, I was pretty darn drunk. It was a miracle I remembered my video camera was in my car, and did not trip over the inverter cables and jumper cables for our deep fryer and crock pot.

I'll try and get the other minute or so of footage uploaded ASAP. These things were being seen and noticed by others around us for 2-3 minutes I would estimate. It wasn't until I heard other people that my friend and I noticed it.

When I hear people call my video "fake" I assume they mean I intentionally filmed what I knew to be a non-UFO and claim it to be one.

This is not the case folks!

I appreciate the lantern input ... I'll keep trying to ask around people that were at the event to see if anything like that was released. As I have said above...I have been many, many times to the same event and never witnessed something like this.

I have a weird feeling that "UFO" phenom seems more common when people are en-mase with "open minds".

If I find out it was just lanterns, cool beans man ... you all helped me figure out what I saw.

BTW, tonight is a meteor shower ... I'm going to go and try and make some wishes!

[edit on 11-8-2009 by MystikMushroom]

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join