It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four UFO's filmed by me!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
These are Chinese lanterns. I saw the exact same thing in my backyard one night. You can see the flickering of the flame.

Now if they all of a sudden darted off, or made what seemed like intelligently controlled maneuvers than that would be different.

(I have learned over the years that not everything floating in the sky is an alien UFO).

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by GideonHM

I don't know what they are and NEITHER do you. You can't! You do not know what is in the video. The OP doesn't know.

You are accusing the OP of being a fraud and a liar. You offer nothing.
Be productive would you?

[edit on 11-8-2009 by GideonHM]

Did you see the way I cleverly put the words "in my opinion" in front of my reply? IN MY OPINION, the OP doesn't sound genuine and the orbs look like lanterns. Of course I can't prove it......what I ridiculous thing to say. Are you saying I'm not allowed an opinion because it's not the same as yours?

The video was posted on a DISCUSSION forum. People reply with their own viewpoint. You seem to be struggling with the concept of internet forums. Now calm down and take some breaths.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
It sounds staged, you don't seem sincere. Like its a set up.

Sorry....I am all for authentic UFO sightings, this does not appear to be one.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

i saw similar lights in england in buckinghamshire on 08/08/09, they seemed to move at different speeds even though they were quite close together, and they also moved quite quickly which led me away from thinking they were floating lanterns.
I thought ball lightning was a possiblility as there were some dark clouds in the sky although no storm. I took some video and others took some pics, we were at the pub at the time though not drunk (quite early in the evening that changed later
) There were no normal aircraft lights showing, we get light aircraft flying over the village but they wouldnt be flying in such close proximity and at night.

://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whZsFcYZCLo

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The 'voice-over' really irritates me and makes me think it is all about nothing.

Are there really people that talk like 'the voice' does? I have so far only heard this kind of talk in movies and cartoons...'Hey dude', 'Dude!', 'I'm zoomin' out dude'...really?

So...I go for Chinese lanterns floating by!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
sorry my frst post not sure how to post images

www.youtube.com...

www.facebook.com...#/photo.php?pid=8392992&id=801540623

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
the photo's are from my gf's camera she zoomed right in so i dont know if the funny patterns of the lights are just from movement in the camera, they looked like singular points of light to the naked eye

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Great. More nondescript "lights-in-the-sky". Thanks for sharing anyway though

By itself it's not much, but maybe some other evidence from the same date at the same time in the same area will surface to correlate with it (yeah, I know - wishful thinking on my part).

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
sorry but thats what i saw, i couldnt make them come closer or do a little dance for me, i admit my camera work really did not do justice to what i saw. I was just struck by how similar the lights i saw were to the original posters and the fact they happened around the same time on either side of the atlantic.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Hi all, i tried to help clear up some of these kind of sightings: ATS

It is one of my first posts and maybe I wasn't making it clear enough but there are a few things that do look strange and provoke UFO claims when seen for the first time...

I do think this is a Lantern case though

I did see a very strange thing last night, I might start a new thread on it later.. I don't have footage though

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitalOverdose
reply to post by kroms33

When you have seen as many bits of film of Chinese lanterns as everyone here has over the years you know what they look like , their color, flicker, grouping ,speed v height and the characteristics of their moment.

Those are Chinese lanterns without a doubt, as clear as day.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by VitalOverdose]

So, you ran video analysis of the objects in question?
You are making an educated GUESS at what the objects are. Scientifically, your argument fails logically because you have no evidence to support your theory. Stating that these objects are UNIDENTIFIED is logically true, because we really have no idea what they are - none of us where there only the OP.

To state that these objects (that seem to move away and disappear) are Chinese lanterns just seems to be a quick educated guess of what they are without proving beyond a doubt anything.

My guess is that they are airplanes at a great distance - but logically I cannot prove that because I do not have the superior HD footage to examine the objects.

Let’s investigate this one a bit further without pointing to the lanterns or plane theories for a bit.

The footage was taken with an HD camera - I would love to see the HD footage instead of the SD footage.

peace,
kroms33

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kcire
The 'voice-over' really irritates me and makes me think it is all about nothing.

Are there really people that talk like 'the voice' does? I have so far only heard this kind of talk in movies and cartoons...'Hey dude', 'Dude!', 'I'm zoomin' out dude'...really?

So...I go for Chinese lanterns floating by!

Yes there are really people who do speak in that manner in the U.S.
My son and all his friends talk this way. He even calls his girlfriend "Dude"

Also if you ever get to California you can experience this slang speak everywhere there, especially at the beaches.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFaiThfulSkepTic

Expensive? LMAO! Chinese lanterns are only $6 for a pack of 3 at any fireworks stand in the US

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by marvinmole82
sorry but thats what i saw, i couldnt make them come closer or do a little dance for me, i admit my camera work really did not do justice to what i saw. I was just struck by how similar the lights i saw were to the original posters and the fact they happened around the same time on either side of the atlantic.

This is interesting - I must have missed the post where you stated it happened on the other side of the atlantic where you are.

Could you tell what direction they were heading? Or did they just flicker out?

What was the time in the evening that you saw these objects - and for how long did the sighting last?

To clarify - how many objects did you see that evening, 2 or 4? (saw the footage).

what country where you in when the siting took place?

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I live in the UK they do not sell chinese lanterns in most shops here I have never seen one. I find it hard to believe these two phenomenon have been witnessed at the same time

star & flag for me.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by raybies

Well, you have to assume that people are answering honestly, in that they have seen Chinese Lanterns already, it's not a jump-the-gun thing. The Lanterns are all over place at party time, and I see the 'pigging things all the time, living not far from a major hotel which uses them as standard fare. So I also say that is what is in the video, Chinese Lanterns, no harm to the OP, he could have seen them while having his own party at the time.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
yeah ,ahh bro ,that was the allgood festival in west virgina

defiantly lanterns

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by serenesupreme

You know...i'm seriously thinking of starting a Chinese lantern business!

With the amount of them seemingly being recorded lately, by this time next year i'd be rolling in it!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Starred.

Boy, what a brave person you are.

Any missing time?

Where did this event take place?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daisy-Lola
They certainly do look like Chinese/Thai Lanterns, also I have to agree with -NewSense- that you don't sound ...exactly....with it. I'm trying not to say stoned, I really am!

You get a S&F for posting your own footage though!

[edit on 11/8/09 by Daisy-Lola]

Man... God, Statan, or whatever forbid anyone of you guys ever go out camping (and party while your camping cause thats what I do) that you get stoned (I smoke weed daily and I'm a computer engineer, thats as honest as they come, Not some backwoods uneducated redneck) and actually see something in the sky that you cant explain and then take video of it and post it on here.

Because your in for ridecule regardless of what the video actually shows. Who cares that he's jamming out, he's at a party. I've never released anything in the sky when I'm camping/partying but I sure as hell listen to loud music, get drunk, high and have a blast with my friends, does that mean that it's automatically a hoax? HELL NO!!! I'm sure if i took a video in the same circumstance, I'd sound pretty similar...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join