It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four UFO's filmed by me!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
[edited for double post]

[edit on 12-8-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
It seems to be fake to me too. These seem more like chinese lanterns than anything else.

There are some real ufo videos out there, why is it that some people want to try to fake some videos for?

Do you need that much attention?

Threads like this, and hoaxes like this only give a bad name to the real evidence.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sam60
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

I truly don't understand the orginal points you were making in reponse to my posts.

I've tried to tell you that with a little "good humour".

If you can be just a little more straightforward with your points, I will try to respond.

Kind regards
Sam60

Never mind, it really was not worth an argument, nor a stress over. When it all boils down, this thread is not a world changing one, we need not get into silly arguments.

Sorry..

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

OK.....

Thank you for explaining the point you were making & no worries.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by Sam60]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Sounds like you had a good time!
As one of the previous posters said, letting off lanterns in/near a wooded area is irresponsible, so no doubt the culprit was going to keep their head down in case of legal troubles and/or being evicted from the site. Some excellent handling of the camera though! Already given you S&F from the previous post

Originally posted by ls1cameric
Man... God, Statan, or whatever forbid anyone of you guys ever go out camping (and party while your camping cause thats what I do) that you get stoned (I smoke weed daily and I'm a computer engineer, thats as honest as they come, Not some backwoods uneducated redneck) and actually see something in the sky that you cant explain and then take video of it and post it on here.

I certainly used to do that stuff, (not now that I have kids), but the strangest thing I've seen camping is when my friend set his foot on fire. Sadly no footage as I was too busy laughing as he ran around trying to stamp his own foot out. If I had seen lights in the sky like that, then I would have also been amazed by them.

[edit on 12/8/09 by Daisy-Lola]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mckyle

Originally posted by Mclaneinc

Sorry, screams setup in every sense and what makes it worse is that it's annoying to listen to, I mean it's Bill and Ted's excellent adv all the way.

Sorry but if you are witnessing something you feel is maybe out of this world and the only words you can use are

What the F**k and DUDE then it comes across as a joke setup. I was just waiting for Scooby and Shaggy to appear.

I'm sorry but stoner vids do nothing for me, especially those with Chinese lanterns. Hi ET, fancy a go on the bong dude..

Hahaha!!

Loved your post

It did sound a bit "Bill & Teddish".

Thanks for giving me a chuckle

My pleasure, I'm just saying what I and others felt

I'm a believer but not silly....

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Just some partiers having fun at our expense. I think it is very obvious that they are chinese candles and they do start going out right before he cuts the film. Nice try boys.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mckyle

Originally posted by GideonHM
reply to post by mckyle

Also, why would I have to prove they aren't lanterns, when I never made the claim that they were not lanterns in the first place?

Oh Dear! Ladies and gentleman, we have an absent-minded backflip extrordinnaire in our midsts.

Those lights in the video are NOT lanterns. Look at the plethora of videos they flicker, dim, and move according to air currents.

Admit you would have never believed. You won't.
......You are closed minded. Accept it. That was my point.

And you don't have the balls to come out and be honest about what you post. That was my point

Yes, I've been reading Glideonhims posts and my initial reaction was that he was either the poster on another account or a mate of his. I thought this based on the sheer ignorance of factual evidence and the dead pan support of a vid that was very ordinary at best.

4 flickering dots that fade out, sorry If I don't start a huge party and make the OP the mayor. No disrespect to him, I thought it was faked but even if it's not there's absolutely nothing in that vid to get excited about other than it was a nice clear vid.

What can I say..dood, dduuuuuuuuuuudddeeeeeee DOOOOOOOOOD

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
And the other video shot in the UK at the same time? Same movements? Lanterns aswell? or is it swamp gas? As I said before I live in the UK and chinese lanterns are not the norm here they are not sold in shops I have never seen one!

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodward
And the other video shot in the UK at the same time? Same movements? Lanterns aswell? or is it swamp gas? As I said before I live in the UK and chinese lanterns are not the norm here they are not sold in shops I have never seen one!

Sold in Manchester (UK) in a shop in the Arndale. Think its called 'Red', it's next door to Millets. It's a type of gadget shop and they're selling them £3 each, down from £4

Also try ebay
shop.ebay.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Since it's all about speculation and viewing the evidence from our biased perspectives, why would someone light off just FOUR of these lanterns?

The flickering, the color, etc., is unreliable in this video. To use that as "evidence" pointing towards what they are is lazy.

Why would someone light off just four? Is that common?

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
i think they come in packets of 2 and 4. Im not sure though.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

Hi Mclaneinc

My thoughts exactly on that particular gentleman.

As for this new rooster, Ha`la`tha, I think he's doing a damn fine job of self-ridicule, without me having to respond.

I really think it's very sad how some people need to have multiple accounts. I think they really need to get out more.

[edit on 12-8-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodward
... As I said before I live in the UK and chinese lanterns are not the norm here they are not sold in shops I have never seen one!

You obviously don't get out much or read the local rags. Chinese lanterns are in the news very frequently in the UK.

Have you honestly gone looking for them to purchase??

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by VitalOverdose

Hey VitalOverdose

That would make sense as to them coming in packets of two's and fours. I can only assume they are made the same way as here in China - rice paper and some bits of dowel. Very light and very foldable and packageable.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Elepheagle

Hi Elpheagle. I enjoy reading your thoughts and respect your opinion very much. But why do you say it's a "lazy" analysis of the vid?

On ATS we are at the mercy of the poster, as to what material he/she provides as evidence. Yes, the video is not HD, but I feel it's clear enough to come to a conclusion on what it most likely is.

As to why launching only four? I don't quite see your point. Sometimes I see people launching just one lantern. Other times I see six or eight, or twenty. It just depends on the individual. I honestly don't think we can read anything into there only being four lanterns in the vid.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Daisy-Lola

Hey Daisy-Lola,
If you're going to Reds again, could you pop next door and get me a couple of spare tent pegs?? lol

I thought the video was well shot, quite clear and stable, and showing background for reference.
The accent and vocabulary of the "dudes" is completely irrelevant.
As is the fact that they were camping at a festival, rather than out in the wilds, unless, as mentioned earlier, the lights are in fact lanterns released from said festival!
Their movement showed nothing obvious to indicate intelligent control.
Their colour, and trajectory do seem to fit best with the lantern theory.
In my opinion, it is likely that these were chinese lanterns, but that the poster was not aware of this at the time.
Thanks for posting.
G
G

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

I don't know this person, I have never met him.

Don't believe me... it looks like you are already building the beginnings to a very complex dream.

You know, I am going to look at that snippet of a post you just put up.
It looks like you spliced two different sentences together. Hmm.

We'll see.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

Oh, that's right. Changing your mind is bad. I remember the recent political elections. That makes me a flip flopper. Hee hee.

Whatever!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join