It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four UFO's filmed by me!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
OP

Ever heard of Chinese Lanterns?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Those were 4 alien craft in the video. They returned to their home planet to report they found no
intelligent life on Earth.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I was impressed with the quality of the filming. Nice clear picture and you showed your surroundings, and where the objects were in relation to you.

To me, the reactions didn't seem fake at all. What else are you supposed to say if you see four UFO-like-objects in the sky? People have different ways of expressing themselves when they're shocked/scared etc.

I trust the OP is telling the truth. If not, well...

If he is being truthful, it's more probable that these are lanterns. They move around each other slightly, but it's probably just the wind. You were at a campground or something and there were obviously other people around, so chances are some folks set off some lanterns for some reason.

There's a small possibility these could be genuine UFOs. I noticed quite a few people who replied seemed to be pretty confident in stating they're definitely chinese lanterns. It's odd how these people think they're qualified to tell whether this video is the real deal or not, without actually being there. You've launched chinese lanterns in real life? Congratulations. They look the similar to what we're seeing in the vid, but you can't conclusively say that's what they are.

95% lantern, 5% genuine UFO.

[edit on 11/8/09 by dmorgan]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GideonHM
To the OP:

Please don't let these vultures shoot you down. They sit on ATS waiting for someone like you to insult and ridicule because they don't actually believe.

Your footage is some of the clearest I think I have ever seen. They keep beating the lantern issue to death because they have nothing.
Those reactions on the footage are realistic, the music is simply in the background, and those are some of the brightest points of light I think I have seen in a while that actually move in pairs.

These people have made up their minds about footage before they see the evidence. They cannot prove their lantern claims, and the rest are ad hominem attacks at you and the reactions from the video, because they KNOW you are a liar.

These are the same people who want you to admit you are a liar, then they will respect you for admitting you made up footage. Don't buy into it. Like underfed pack animals, they will leap on any footage as if it were raw meat just so they can savor the taste of ripping your credibility to shreds.

I wonder what the average age of these posters are. Most, are probably under 25 and will not understand that this website is for open discussion, not childish ridicule.

Awesome footage, and I fricking love your camera! Wow.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by GideonHM]

I'm 41.
Male.
Ph.D
Capricorn. Loves walks along the beach and listening to an eccelectic range of music.

Oh, and I did examine the footage, and I can deduce two things:

1: the footage is of 4 Chinese lanterns

2: you are one of those 'to hell with reality and facts" kind of dyed-in-the-wool true-believer types.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Elepheagle

I appreciate what you're saying.

But what is someone more likely to say if it's a 'genuine' UFO they're watching:
* "they're disappearing/vanishing", or "They are going out dude.."????

I think the latter clearly suggests the viewers had knowledge of the nature of the light source. ie. they knew they were looking at Chinese Lanterns.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by -NewSense-
For some reason you don't sound at all believable in this video :\ I'm not calling you a liar because obviously there's something of interest in this film. You just sound...I dunno lol. Nice video though thanks for sharing.

Sometimes you have to look past judgement, meaning forget everything you know about false conspiracys and false ufo sightings. Next you are able to make a clear minded judgement on some information you are about to see. At this point you use your knowledge of verifying, or contesting this ufo sighting.

Here ill give it a shot:

You guys were all hanging out smokin some bud in some remote location, with the music up loud enjoyin yourself. I could tell by the semi slurred speech, and the guy having a very intense salivation, having to make him spit ( right before the video turned off).

Now people without knowledge of smokers probably wouldnt come to this assumption. But hey, maybe my interpretation is way off, i didnt even look at where these young adults lived

But i believe it.

Edit: Damn, someone already wrote about the Weed thing : ]

[edit on 11-8-2009 by TheFaiThfulSkepTic]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Curio

www.fiestaskylanterns.com

I Lol'd a little bit in my mouth, when i saw the picture of these so called chinese lanterns that the non believers wanted to staple to this video. Of course i read this thread backwards, starting from my post.

These people that recorded this video, looked like they were in a part of the country, where people cant really afford to buy extravagant chinese flying candles. Im assuming by the music that they are blaring, that type of music is popular in those regions less urbanized. For instance, in California you wouldnt hear youth playing that kind of music. It seems more of an environment type of music, where you pick it up while growing up. Because after all... we are all a product of our own environment.

But maybe that was the way it was meant for me to interpret it?

Dun Dun Dunnnnnn.....

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by GideonHM

The orange glow.
The way they flicker.
The non intelligent movement.
The way they fade out.

You said there is NO evidence. I just listed four.
Now, as I stated before, I wasn't there, so I can't know for 100%, but based on these observations, they match the pattern of a typical chinese lantern.
Now add to the fact that they are clearly at some type of festival, the chances of someone else lighting off these lanterns is astronomically higher.
Add again that the OP questions his experience after seeing chinese lantern footage, and you have a pretty clear case.
I don't know of anyone to so easily dismiss their UFO sighting of intelligent moving vehicles unless they realize they weren't UFOs to begin with.

So you can get as angry as you like, believe what you want, but blind faith never got anyone anywhere...
Again, I believe in UFOs, I believe in light orbs, if you want to see convincing footage, watch "Capturing the Light" or any orb footage from Gilliland Ranch...

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFaiThfulSkepTic

reply to post by Curio

www.fiestaskylanterns.com

I Lol'd a little bit in my mouth, when i saw the picture of these so called chinese lanterns that the non believers wanted to staple to this video. Of course i read this thread backwards, starting from my post.

I don't quite follow.

Are you laughing at the size of the lanterns in the pic?

I've never seen lanterns anywhere that big in China. So I am not sure what the original poster was trying to get at.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
reply to post by GideonHM

The orange glow.
The way they flicker.
The non intelligent movement.
The way they fade out.

You said there is NO evidence. I just listed four.

Well said Odessy

Unfortunately the 'true believers' suffer from acute myopia when you try to offer them factual evidence.

Like you, I believe in the existence of Extra Terrestrials and visitations, but I like to see a little evidence to back up alleged sightings - like most reasonable people.

This blind acceptance by many in Ufology goes to the heart of the problem, and explains why its considered a joke by mainstream science.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I'm put off by the childish and largely insulting nature of this topic. Maybe they were lanterns, but are personal attacks nessiary? It is required that whenever you think something is false you automaticly attack the OP? Maybe he was stoned, maybe it was a chinese latern, but the way its been dealt with makes it seem like your riduculing the guy because he got exicted because he thought he saw a ufo.

I don't know what they are, I've never seen a chinise lantern before so I have no idea if they are one or not. But seriously, its getting annoying seeing people bully people over the internet. It has nothing to do with "denying ignorance" when you call someone stupid, and accuse them of doing things when they really think what they're seeing is genuine...and I noticed that its usauly the people who aren't doing it who respond, saying "I'm not doing that, all I'm saying is that it looks like a chinese lantern." The bullies dont really answer when you call them out.

Also, this whole feud between the skeptics and the belivers is getting annoying, you both should just debate, not accuse each other of "blind
faith" and "ignorance."

I swear to god sometimes I feel like I'm back in highschool when I come onto ATS. I'm going into junior year soon enough, I don't need this drama from a website thats supposed to be devoted to civilized debate...

[edit on 11-8-2009 by summerdreary]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mckyle
reply to post by Elepheagle

I appreciate what you're saying.

But what is someone more likely to say if it's a 'genuine' UFO they're watching:
* "they're disappearing/vanishing", or "They are going out dude.."????

I think the latter clearly suggests the viewers had knowledge of the nature of the light source. ie. they knew they were looking at Chinese Lanterns.

No, McKyle, I disagree with you here. I don't think the OP knew what it was that he was filming. You do. That's where we differ. And that's ok.

He saw lights.

He didn't see lanterns. He didn't see spaceships. He saw lights that began to go out.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
And the music you hear is called bluegrass. Rollin' in my Sweet Baby's Arms. Sounds live to me.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elepheagle
And the music you hear is called bluegrass. Rollin' in my Sweet Baby's Arms. Sounds live to me.

I would agree

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

-----mckyle

I don't quite follow.

Are you laughing at the size of the lanterns in the pic?------
===============================================

I've never seen lanterns anywhere that big in China. So I am not sure what the original poster was trying to get at.

Sorry, i was Laughing at the perseverance of the non believers, to find the furthest thing from the plausible truth ....
[[
(because if its a phyiscal item somewhere in the world, even if it buried 200 feet in the ground underneath Chuck Norris's california house, locked in a chest that shares a lock with chuck norris's chastity belt)]]
...That people will STAPLE whatever "logical" idea to the ideas they want to shun from their mind. And other peoples minds.

================================================

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Watch the last 30 secs of this clip, tell me the diffrence in what you the "op" posted!

Google Video Link

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr_XIM

vids not working =[

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Sorry, just click this link, watch the last 30 secs of clip, you will see this and many other ufo cases "SOLVED".also in the op's video notice the music?.hmmm

www.youtube.com...

Need more proof, ok, here ya go!
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 11-8-2009 by Mr_XIM]

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join