It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four UFO's filmed by me!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I don't know what they are, although everyone is screaming "CHINESE LANTERN, ITS A FREAKIN CHINESE LANTERN DUMMY." It can't be dismissed as such yet. Hey, I have an idea- how about instead of speculation, flaming and insults we deal with this like we are supposed too- scientificly and civilized? Sometimes ATS posters are like animals.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by GideonHM
To the OP:

Please don't let these vultures shoot you down. They sit on ATS waiting for someone like you to insult and ridicule because they don't actually believe.

Your footage is some of the clearest I think I have ever seen. They keep beating the lantern issue to death because they have nothing.
Those reactions on the footage are realistic, the music is simply in the background, and those are some of the brightest points of light I think I have seen in a while that actually move in pairs.

These people have made up their minds about footage before they see the evidence. They cannot prove their lantern claims, and the rest are ad hominem attacks at you and the reactions from the video, because they KNOW you are a liar.

These are the same people who want you to admit you are a liar, then they will respect you for admitting you made up footage. Don't buy into it. Like underfed pack animals, they will leap on any footage as if it were raw meat just so they can savor the taste of ripping your credibility to shreds.

I wonder what the average age of these posters are. Most, are probably under 25 and will not understand that this website is for open discussion, not childish ridicule.

Awesome footage, and I fricking love your camera! Wow.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by GideonHM]

In my opinion they're lanterns and the OP is a terrible actor.

I'm 35 and this IS an open discussion. Why are you so worked up anyway?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by GideonHM

Im not attacking him , im giving my opinion and ive laid down a considerable about of reasons why i think the way i do. There are no insults in that post. If i was going to chuck insults about id have mentioned the worst acting ive heard in years.

The moto of this site is deny ignorance. It might not be obvious to you they are chines lanterns but to anyone who has spent a serious amount of time over the years investigating UFO sightings there is no mistaking what we are looking at. Any UFO sighting is never just about the vid or pic you HAVE to investigate possible motives and setups for fakes.

Lest assume for 1 min the he really didnt see them take off from the party .. just how many people do you think he would show it to or spoke to before someone said ..'thats the chinese lanterns that just got let off'?

..as the things are moving up and away from the cam then they must have started off... from lower and closer to the cam. Which would make it hard to miss their launch dont you think?

You can tell an inexperienced liar because they think they have to put forward excuses to cover up all the points of their story they are lying about.
Eg.
- The location.
- The occasion.
- Reason for music.
- Reason for having cam (other then to film the party).
- Reason why there is a cable to trip over.

Im not a non beliver in UFO's but its hard enough trying to have any credibility about the whole subject without people posting obvious fakes and then everyone rushing to give them stars because they wish it was real.

I wish it WAS real but I call it like i see it.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by VitalOverdose]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by VitalOverdose
Thats very sad.. its 4 chinese laterns

Probably set off from whatever festival / party your trying to pretend you were not at maybe..? That music is way to loud and clear.. this is a fake.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by VitalOverdose]

You do bring up an interesting point, the music does have an outdoor band kind of feel......Well far be it for me to call anybody a liar, I will give this guy the benefit of the doubt just because its ATS....but remain wary none the less.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I would venture to say flares or as posted lanterns. Ultimately the film is kinda cool yet could be explainable by a variety of things.

As the filmer said...they are going out...so even if it is a honest film..the instinct was saying they were flickering out like a candle or flare.

If you can dismiss something validly with something, then you must dismiss it.

I assume the film ended because the rest of them also flickered out.

anyhow, neat video, but not really extraordinary. If you purposefully made a video to hoax a UFO, you failed and should wonder why you decided to do that in the first place. Would you also fake a shooting star film? Lightning? a school of fish?
If you didnt try to decieve, then oh well, maybe you one day will catch something remarkable and real on film.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by GideonHM

I think people have given quite good evidence to support the Chinese Lantern Theory and even the OP said they may be lanterns after he saw some of the post...
Sorry, but I think when you see a UFO with intelligent movements you know its a UFO.
I think some of you are just as eager to call it genuine as you claim others call it chinese lanterns.
Many of the people who have said lanterns are avid UFO believers as you would know by visiting nearly any significant UFO thread.
Like I posted already, I believe in UFO and the light orb UFOs especially, and for reasons already examined, I believe these to be Chinese Lanterns.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
They don't look like Chinese lanterns to me. Where was this filmed? Possibly jets in formation. Any other reports in the area?

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I've never had quite this type of experience, but all I know is that if I saw what the OP saw I'm about 99% sure my reaction would be EXACTLY the same. What are you supposed to say to something like this? He did his best and just like many others decided to post his findings to help decipher what exactly it was.

Maybe it is sky lanterns, but why are people attacking his reaction? What if he did have a smoke or a few drinks? It doesn't mean what he videoed didn't happen, nor does it make it irrelevant. I was under the impression ATS tries to HELP each other, not put down the emotions of someone who was clearly bugged out by what he saw.

I say rock on OP, thanks a ton for the video and doing your best to capture it.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Good footage. Everyone should carry a camera camping or during the day. You never know when you will need to capture an oppressing cop or a swarm of UFO's. Who really cares what the person sounds like. Hell, I am usually tanked by the time it gets dark when I go camping so I warn you ahead of time, that my commentary might not sound authentic.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Thanks for posting the footage.

However, I have to agree with others who have come to the same conclusion:

they are Chinese lanterns. That, I'm 99% sure of

Sorry to burst the bubble.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
SWAMP GAS! .... realy though nice vid.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Normally I don't come onto UFO Video threads just to give my opinion but honestly...
Your dialog and manner of speaking makes me believe this is fake..

Not faked as in you did in on a Mac with iMovie, but faked as in you know what these are and this vid is a setup.

The voice acting is horrendous and the camera works is also a giveaway.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by gormly]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by raybies
Unbelievable how some people just discount it straight away as chinese lanterns etc. Ive never known a forum with so many 'experts'. Nice vid op.

Perhaps that's because some people on here actually get out of their parent's basement and actually breathe some fresh, evening, air!

I'm not an expert on Chinese Lanterns, but I do live in China, and as a consequence, have seen my fair share of Chinese Lanterns in the evenings.

They are a lovely thing to behold, and they float, flicker, ascend, and fade away, just like the four objects in the video!

Get out of your parent's basement and spend some nights outside, and you'll come to the same conclusion as many others on this thread have already.

Sam60: Spot on mate! A perfect description of a Chinese Lantern

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Curio

Good about being 35. I'm glad.

Who buys Chinese lanterns, and from whom? Why bother risking BURNING AN ENTIRE FOREST FOR A HOAX?

You don't believe in general. Bad acting? Are you from hollywood? You must support your claims, and every chinese lantern footage produces different results from the OP video.

www.fiestaskylanterns.com

Those lights in the video are NOT lanterns. Look at the plethora of videos they flicker, dim, and move according to air currents.
Admit you would have never believed. You won't.

I don't know what they are and NEITHER do you. You can't! You do not know what is in the video. The OP doesn't know.

You are accusing the OP of being a fraud and a liar. You offer nothing.
Be productive would you?

[edit on 11-8-2009 by GideonHM]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

There is no evidence! None!

Nada for this being anything more than unidentified flying objects.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc

Sorry, screams setup in every sense and what makes it worse is that it's annoying to listen to, I mean it's Bill and Ted's excellent adv all the way.

Sorry but if you are witnessing something you feel is maybe out of this world and the only words you can use are

What the F**k and DUDE then it comes across as a joke setup. I was just waiting for Scooby and Shaggy to appear.

I'm sorry but stoner vids do nothing for me, especially those with Chinese lanterns. Hi ET, fancy a go on the bong dude..

Hahaha!!

Loved your post

It did sound a bit "Bill & Teddish".

Thanks for giving me a chuckle

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It's most defianetly laterns or balloons with lights, you can see how they clearly follow the path of the wind blows them. I have no doubt you know exactly what they are and why they are there, nice try, kudos *clap*clap*

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_XIM
It's most defianetly laterns or balloons with lights, you can see how they clearly follow the path of the wind blows them. I have no doubt you know exactly what they are and why they are there, nice try, kudos *clap*clap*

This vid does bring into question the validity of the OP - most definitely!

Blind Freddy could see that the narration of the vid with the very telling line of "They are going out dude.." suggests the possibility of a deliberate hoax.

Thanks to VitalOverdose for spotting that narrative slip

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I might start distributing my own Chinese laterns but call them UFO hoax kits, I'll be rich.........RICH!! lol

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mckyle

Originally posted by Mr_XIM

This vid does bring into question the validity of the OP - most definitely!

Blind Freddy could see that the narration of the vid with the very telling line of "They are going out dude.." suggests the possibility of a deliberate hoax.

Thanks to VitalOverdose for spotting that narrative slip

Thinking that what was said about the lights going out was a 'narrative slip' which reveals this video as a hoax is horribly, horribly wrong. That does not in any way, shape, or form indicate the OP's knowledge about what the lights actually were. I'm amused that this line would be singled out by some to indicate otherwise, along with the bad acting claims and the too-good-to-be-true steady hand on the camera.

Lights go out, folks. Repeat that to yourselves. Lights go out.

Now, if the voice in the video said, "Dude, they're burning out," well, that says something completely different.

The lights are not identifiable, though it is more likely that they are lanterns than they are alien crafts. I've read all of the posts here, and no one can say with 100% certainty what the lights are. To assert anything more concrete than that is just not possible with the evidence at hand.

Grats, OP, on the steady hand.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join