It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fear of Hell is the Key to Control the Masses

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

i don't really know, you see i don't fear hell. i fear God. do you mean valid like a drivers licsense?

I mean...

Let's say that you have not heard of hell.

Will you still believe in God?

If someone rant and raved about hell and warned you about hell. They tell you that you will go to hell if you don't believe in God.

Will you believe in God because you fear hell?

When you arrive at St. Peter's gate...

God asked you if you believed in him period.... or....

you believed in him because you feared hell.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

would this be one of those pawnsi schemes everyones been talking about?

Ponzi scheme?

Perhaps.

Fine. You believe in a Christian concept of God without the fear of hell.

I am talking about millions if not billions of people being sorely afraid of "something".

Geez, I have TV on and a televangelist preaching fear into the audience. I forgot it was Sunday morning.

Turn on TV right now at almost any channel. Do you see how many people there are? Imagine how many they are? How much money is being tunneled? More importantly, how many people are being controlled?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

tWill you still believe in God?
ok , i'll humor you . you see i only believe in hell, because i believe in a God. i believe what he tells me for my own eternal happiness.
i figure he's probly my best bet since he is the creator, and i'm pretty sure he's been around alot longer than me ,you, or any other human you can think of to listen to. dosn't take much common sense to realise certian
rights a creator has over a creation. yet i havn't seen him demanding one damn thing from anyone.so can you tell me, what it is he has demanded
of you?
listen, it's all about how you look at things.
the way you look at things, there can be no God. that is absolutly ludicrous. beyond everything first and foremost! period. no ifs ,ands, or buts about it.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

i figure he's probly my best bet since he is the creator, and i'm pretty sure he's been around alot longer than me ,you, or any other human you can think of to listen to. dosn't take much common sense to realise certian

Oh no. Don't tell me about this bet.

It has been done so many times nobody could countl.

Pascal's Wager

This is not about what you or I believe.

This is about what THEY want you or me to believe.

As I am watching this televangelist spewing crap, I am seeing the audience bowing and complying to what the preacher is saying.

This is about CONTROL.

rights a creator has over a creation. yet i havn't seen him demanding one damn thing from anyone.so can you tell me, what it is he has demanded of you?

This is not about what god demanded of me. This is about what THEY demanded of me.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

This is not about what god demanded of me. This is about what THEY demanded of me.

the fact that corruption exists everywhere on the planet should n't
shake your faith.it should reinforce it. believe me i follow you right down the line. for give me if i take short cuts along the way.
no arguement against the existence of a creator is ever going to be more
then cowdung and lies from the mind of man.
so what did" they" demand of you that you weren't able to just walk away from?

Oh no. Don't tell me about this bet
figure of speech,taken out context,misleading to the witness.

This is not about what you or I believe
thats exactly what this is about. though it's possible you don't even realise it.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

so what did" they" demand of you that you weren't able to just walk away from?

It's in my OP or in other posts.

"They" put in the fear of hell (or anything) to force obedience from you.

In my OP, I grew up in a strict Christian home. At adulthood, I dismissed it all together and went on believing on my own. From time to time, somebody (espeicially one of my best friends I have not heard from in years), warned me all about hell if I don't believe in their doctrines.

I'll post more soon. I am busy at the moment.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I really was never into the "fire and brimstone" angle on "The Way".

Hell is just a perfect playground made to order for those who reject "The Way". I'm sure that you have heard many rockers and other assorted celebrities say that they welcome going to Hell.... "We will party all night long!".... or something like that. I have even read here on ATS posts stating much the same. So..... I'm not so sure that this "fear of Hell" angle really defines "The Way" and those who choose Heaven over Hell.

The following words of Yahshua are more in line with why I have chosen "The Way" that I live....

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. (Mat 11:28-30)

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I think Christianity would be an AWESOME religion without the hell part. And also if they believed animals had souls.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Nope, no fear here. Fear comes from satan. I believe in God because he has proven himself to me, even when I continually rejected Him. I have learned to love Him because of that. God doesn't want people to follow Him because they are afraid of hell. That's a satan inspired tool that humans use. God wants us to follow him because we want to. That's why he gave us free will. Christianity is so distorted. To many churches take what they want leave out what they don't.
Would Christianity colapse if there was no hell? Not true Christianity, because it is based on love not fear. The fad and fashion form of Christianty probably would. Notice how I used the word fad? Some have just been around a lot longer than cultural fads.
I do believe hell exists but not in the form most people think of when they think of hell. Hell is the absence of love therefore the absence of God since God is love.

Deaf Alien, You got some screwed up doctrine growing up, and for that I am sorry. Its out there in droves and hordes. I totaly get what you are saying, I was there as little as 5 months ago.
I had to put out of my mind everything I was taught and get down to the truth of the bible. Its hard still because those lies about who God really is still try to creep up in my mind. I have to take a step backwards and remeber, "hey this is the christanity I rejected." That's the problem though when we put our faith in what mans teaches instead of letting God reveal Himself to us.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by calstorm]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Hi/

''The Fear of Hell is the Key to Control the Masses''

This is not true!
I was brought up in a Christian home....my dad was overly strict, but never religious to the point of speaking about God wants this and that.
In fact he didn't speak much about who God really was.
Grew up where a young lady had to know how to cook and clean and listen to the parents, especially my dad.
On a Sunday my mum and brothers and sisters were to attend church as this was how they were brought up.
My family always taught me good morals and how to behave at all times....never mentioned that if I was bad I would go to hell because God would send me there.
I was more afraid of disobeying my dad's rules then anything else.
As I got older, I stopped attending church because I didn't understand it...it was reading of Psalms and Liturgy...It was all Greek!
I got into seances and magick always intrigued me....from Astrology to tarot to many of the paranormal phenomenon.
It was a STRANGE happening around 12 years ago that I decided what was really happening.
I disagree that the CHURCH uses fear....this is not the truth.
The Church is a place of prayer....as it was in the times of the Apostles.
FEAR of God is because He is the Judge of all mankind.
What is hell?
Hell is a place AWAY from God.
How does one feel when they're at their most happiest?

How does one feel when they're at their most unhappiest?

This is what HELL is like....it is called a fire because it consumes everything...Gold shines the more it is heated,it is a pure metal(or is it an element?)...I failed science!

Anyways,
A man made material or unknown object will bring up black smoke of which all will be consumed in the fire.
I wont go on, Ill only confuse myself!
And so a persons SOUL is similar when it feels loneliness or unhappiness.
The sun on a clear blue sky radiates sunshine!
When it is overcast with dark clouds.....forgot what I was going to say!

Hell was created for those fallen angels that wanted to be away from God.
Man has a choice as to who they want for their GOD...
Fear has no benefit for the church,how could it?
God asks for no money...
Jesus Christ taught above all was to show LOVE to all,as He too showed LOVE for those that Crucified Him.
The Choices we make have always a consequence, if not in this life, it will be the next!

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I had to read your reply a couple times to get what you were saying but, yeah, that's what I believe hell is.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

Hi cal/

Sorry if it was my Post that you refered to...I confused myself a little,as I tend to wander off the subject at times(trying to get all thats in mind on the first praragraph)
Christianity has changed because the priests themselves have changed...this is prophesied in the Gospel...If Judas Iscariot was once a chosen Apostle of Jesus Christ, then what can we say for the many priests of today?
It will be the Church that will Crown the Antichrist, along with the false prophet...until then,prayers and humility in all matters are needed for our souls.
Pride was Lucifers ONLY falling away...HUMILITY is the opposite.

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Hi, I've just joined after coming across this excellent forum today.

I have had two mind-bending dilemmas over hell. The first was in 1983 when I was 19. (Yeh OK I'm 45...)

I was given some tapes by the evangelist Dick Saunders, and I listened to them out of curiosity. After all, I had found the Christian religion to be quite cosy in my childhood years. School services, Christmas carols, stained glass windows, kindly old ladies at church, and the intriguing stories in the Bible.

This quaint image of Christianity was about to be swept away by a tidal wave.

The evangelist asked the assembled crowds... "Who thinks you'll go to Heaven, and who thinks you'll go to Hell?" (Various hands went up for both questions.)

The evangelist replied "Well you're wrong. You are ALL going to Hell".

It had started. My state of mind had been breached. I was faced with the stark phrase "Those who save their lives will lose them, and those who lose their lives will save them." I became literally ill with worry. My mother didn't understand why I was so worked up about "all that religious nonsense". She couldn't understand the message I'd been given... lose my own life and selflessly follow God or burn forever. I was not going to let it happen, but I was very deeply troubled.

On the other side of the coin, I have had a very spiritual (non-religious) founding in my beliefs... believing that our spirits grow over time with the showing of love to others, and that we never truly die, only our bodies. The concept of hell was unwelcome, but I was always faced with the question "but what if it's true?"

Over time I grew away from this fear and once more developed a more spiritual outlook, based on soul-evolution through learning and being positive, and I started to feel happier.

Then we shoot forward to 2007. A TV channel called The Islam Channel started up, giving programmes in English to Muslims here in the UK. I was fascinated by the IslamiQA programme, as I wanted to understand why Muslims seemed to willingly embrace the restrictions that Islam placed on them. I wanted to know why Muslims were so keen to ensure that all their actions were seen as acceptable to their religion. Then it all became clear. Eternal Hell. It was like being shot in the heart chakra with an arrow made of lead. Again. And I thought, how many billions of souls have incarnated on the Earth, and lived good lives but did not pray five times a day? How many billions of people have made others happy but did not read the Koran? How many billions of people have made sacrifices out of genuine love but never made a Hajj pilgrimage? Would those good people all go to Hell? According to the Koran, yes.

I have not always been a good boy, but never an evil one either. I've tried to live my human life by my own instincts and never intentionally hurt any others in the process. Am I then going to Hell? According to the Bible, yes. I did not live every day in the name of God, and I did not fall to my knees in worship, so it would seem I'm for the fires. So, I thought, is 99% of humanity just born to be hell-fodder? And what is the point? We live for less than a century... a blink in Cosmic terms, and do we then go to our ETERNAL fate? In fifty trillion years, does it all seem justified? When I've spent that entire time being tortured and incinerated, has the Cosmic plan made any sense?

I want to find the real God of light and love, not this perpetual fear. I believe there is a God, but I don't believe in the image of God presented by the Judaeo-Christian-Islamic thread of religions. It feels to me like an alien mind-control agenda. And yes, I AM paranoid. With these scenarios, who wouldn't be?

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Tommy Wylie]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Star

All I can say is HIGH FIVE!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
If you had studied any of the world religions in depth, it is easy to see who is "true blue" compared to those who use religion to gain power over people. Truly spiritual people know you can't guilt trip someone into believing, and they don't pressure others. If someone is on tv or trying to sell religion, it's only for their own profit.

Religion is a social institute. Spirituality is a selfless institution.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Jesus said to me, "We will soon enter the left leg of hell. Ahead you will see great sorrow, pathetic sadness and indescribable horror. Stay close to Me, and I will give you strength and protection as we go through hell. The things you are about to see are a warning," He said. "The book you write will save many souls from hell. What you are seeing is real. Fear not, for I will be with you.

Don't you find it strange, that jesus doesn't pop in to visit atheists and whisk them off to see, what he created for them should they not comply ?

Is this woman the xtain answer to Blossom Godchild ?

Hell, just like jesus only exists in the imagination of people that believe what pastors and bibles gave to say.

if you want to keep a flock of sheeple under control, keep them in imaginary fear and then they will need someone to keep them safe.

Hm, seems like the Bush Administration took a leaf out of the Bibles.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by helen670

If Judas Iscariot was once a chosen Apostle of Jesus Christ, then what can we say for the many priests of today?

Of course he was chosen (if there's any truth in the story) by jesus yawhe to do the dirty deed.

Think about it, if judas didn't do what he was supposed to do then your crucifixion goes out the window.

So obviously poor old Judas had no choice in the matter, needless to say his lawyers would have struck a deal and kept him out of hell, as he was a victim of entrapment.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by KOGDOG

I really was never into the "fire and brimstone" angle on "The Way".

Hell is just a perfect playground made to order for those who reject "The Way". I'm sure that you have heard many rockers and other assorted celebrities say that they welcome going to Hell.... "We will party all night long!".... or something like that. I have even read here on ATS posts stating much the same. So..... I'm not so sure that this "fear of Hell" angle really defines "The Way" and those who choose Heaven over Hell.

The following words of Yahshua are more in line with why I have chosen "The Way" that I live....

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. (Mat 11:28-30)

Yes, I don't believe that G-d throws people into Hell. People who don't understand what love really is will not know the right direction to go after death. If you don't love your neighbor, if you don't yearn for altruistic love--I don't care what your religion or if you have no religion--then you won't understand G-d. If you don't understand G-d why would you want to live with "IT" in the hereafter.

Jesus didn't talk of Hell. I read the dead languages. I know this. "Sin" means to miss the mark. We've made it the weighty mass that it is. He was about redemption, forgiveness, love, and said that if we chose these things we would isolate ourselves from the world. Too many so-called Christians (those Hell spewers) wouldn't know Jesus if he asked them for a handout.

I'm not afraid of going to Hell. I'm afraid we're all going to choose it. I look at the Nazi death camps, I look at what is happening to women and children in Darfur and refugee camps, I see the effects of hunger...I see Hell right here.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

I believe in God because he has proven himself to me, even when I continually rejected Him.

I rejected god a long time ago, didn't go out of his way to come and see me though, it would appear that the jesus yahweh god only contacts xtians but then not even in person, but by the power of the holy spirit, whatever the hell that's supposed to mean.

What a joke

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Hello! *waves*

I don't believe that Jesus only contacts Christians. The native American medicine man, Fools Crow, spoke of Jesus, Thich Nat Hanh (a Buddhist) feels "connected" to Jesus, and I've met New Agers who believe in Jesus.

Your tag says you hate what Christians do. I work in soup kitchens--creatively so, making gourmet food for them so they feel loved. I worked hunger relief where I had to go through checkpoints with scary men holding guns. My parish has adopted an Afghani refugee family and has not once tried to convert them. I've taken in a non-Christian mother and child and paid all their bills until she was back on her feet. I've never once told someone or thought someone was going to Hell. Why do you hate what I do? Is any of that bad?

Just wondering...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join