It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fear of Hell is the Key to Control the Masses

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I was chatting with one of my good friends I have not seen in years. It turned out that he became a strong Christian. He sent me this link.

spiritlessons.com...

Needless to say, the fear creeped up in my body. I kept thinking, "what if this is true??? Will I suffer for all eternity?" Etc, etc. My body came close to being frozen with fear.

I have been reared in a strict fundamental baptist christian home. I do not think I need to explain to you how it have been for me. Hell was one of the popular subjects in my home and in church.

The link I provided is long but you only need to read some to understand how I feel. It looks like a classical OBE experience. I have read several books on this from famous and well known Christians and preachers.

A good question comes up:

Is your (a Christian or any religious person believing in this) belief valid because you fear Hell?

I remember growing up being taught the horrors of Hell. I went to Bill Rice Ranch for several years until I become 18 years old. All they preached was about Hell.

"You will suffer, suffer, suffer, suffer for all eternity in HELL!!!!" (few preachers being dramatic in sign language at BRR).

One of their popular stories:

"There was this man and his son (or friend) just strolling in a forest until he got to this big lake. Then he decided to take a dive in this lake then all of sudden big snakes started attacking him. As he was drowning, he was yelling at his son (or his best friend) "STAY AWAY! STAY AWAY FROM THE LAKE! STAY THE F OUT OF HERE! I AM WARNING YOU!" ETC ETC ETC.

I don't know if you heard this story. But this was one of their (deaf preachers or preachers for the deaf) stories. There are plenty of stories I can tell you about Bill Rice Ranch (Yes, it's one of the NWO camps or what have you. It's one of the propaganda camps. One of few stories I will have to tell you later. Yes, it was a GENUINE propaganda camp (for the deaf) ).

So yeah....

Fear

It's a tool of NWO, dictatorships, the Illuminati, etc, etc.

"Lead, follow, or get the friggin out of the way!"
"Follow, or be burned!"

Yup, FEAR

Fear is one of the tools being used by "THEM" to control the masses.

I am wondering about this.... what do the Muslims fear? I see them kneeling on the ground all the time (at certain times of the day). Something is scaring them! Something is scaring the Christians!

If I wanted to be a dictator, this would certainly be one of my tools to manipulate the masses and gain power and money and control.

I have discovered a mental condition relating to Hell:
Hadephobia
Stygiophobia
Stigiophobi

It's the fear of hell.

It's not just hell, but also many others. Fear of enemies, extinctions, oblivions, loneliness, and so many, many things.

I have so many stories to tell you about BRR that will burn your hairs off your back. Yes, BRR is (or was) a NWO camp for the deaf.

I will part you with this quote by Dawkins (I dont necessarily agree with many of what he said):

I went to a Catholic school from the age of five, and was indoctrinated by nuns who wielded straps, sticks and canes. During my teens I read Darwin, and what he said about evolution made such a lot of sense to the logical part of my mind. However, I've gone through life suffering much conflict and a deep down fear of hell fire which gets triggered quite frequently. I've had some psychotherapy which has enabled me to work through some of my earlier problems but can't seem to overcome this deep fear.

More to come. Thanks for reading my thread.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

I have talked to other Atheistic and Theistic members via u2u about this.

Hell is something I logically know, doesn't exist, as i'm not in believing in anything theistic.

Yet, for the past few weeks, all my dreams are either me dying, or me being put into hell. Night Terrors.

I wake up, feeling shook up, and my rational side tells me it's just a dream and it's not real.

I was brought up in Kawanas, Private schools (until High School), and all i've heard about was the extreme points they make about hell, they go into such detail it's astounding, yet heaven seems to still be a mystery and not talked about very often.

If there was no hell, christianity would become extinct, very shortly.

I still have fairly intense fears of hell, because of my childhood indoctrination, I can name thousands of camps I went to in houston, heres one name off the top of my head, J bar J ranch, if anyone else on here went there. Fairly nice, yet horrific in retrospect.

I still can't believe people endorse the Hell Houses, and even when they were around the jesus camps. Woah, sick people.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Oh yes, I have seen the video before. Unfortunately, I haven't seen it with subtitles. Thanks for posting the video.

I have to admit that I do fear hell. Every time a christian brings up the subject of hell, I cower in fear.

I repeat the question (not for you but for Christians):

Is your belief valid because you fear hell?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Yeah the church is comparible to the mob or modern gangs. Fear is a weapon of mass followers.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I fear hell, yes, yes I do

but you know what I fear more?

Rosie O'donnel

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Mgodgasm

Fear is a weapon of mass followers.

LOL. That's a good one!

If I wanted to be a dictator, this is the way to do it.

Studying the ways of religons, dictators, priests, NWO, the Illuminati, etc, etc, it will be obvious that fear is one of their tools. It has worked so well for millennia.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by stevedel0

but you know what I fear more?

Rosie O'donnel

In hell for all eternity with Rosie? GASP! I sure am glad I am deaf!

The point of this thread is that children are impressionable. Imagine growing up with scary stories until you are adult. A trigger will send you shaking and sweating. Even Dawkins was afraid! And he was a staunch atheist!

I am smart. If a trigger is what it takes me shaking in my boots, imagine what it's like for people less educated or smart.

That is how they control people.

It's so simple it's right under our noses and we can't see it.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Deaf Alien]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Heaven and hell? Bribery and blackmail? I hope neither of the Biblical destinations exist...the type of people accepted for either aren't the kind of people I want to spend eternity with

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Heaven and hell? Bribery and blackmail? I hope neither of the Biblical destinations exist...the type of people accepted for either aren't the kind of people I want to spend eternity with

I grew up with those kinds of people.

You brought up something something I have asked in my OP.

Is a Christian's belief valid because he or she is afraid of Hell?

One may say that he or she believes because of the love, or whatever, blah blah blah. One is saved, blah blah blah.

Saved from what? Hell? Sin? What?

It keeps coming back to hell.

I always see propaganda every time. I might create a thread on Bill Rice Ranch. It is a propaganda camp. I will go as far as to call it a CIA experiment. You'd be glad you're hearing

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Is a Christian's belief valid because he or she is afraid of Hell?

God only knows

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

God only knows

What do YOU know?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
People are afraid. We're all a bunch of scaredy cats. Thats why theres so many Christians! That's why they all put their money in that basket they pass around! Thinking its gonna get them in heaven.

If I was in heaven I'd give God a good kick in the ass for making hell.

Thats right I said it. What are you gonna do? Pray for me? How about sending me some money instead

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Oddly, I have a BRR Tshirt on when I was reading this. Honestly, I was miserable at that camp. This camp has the most brainwashed staff ever. I know of one case where the preacher told girls that rape was always their fault for dressing slutty or being in bad places. One girl from a church that buspooled with us killed herself a few days after we got back.

I nearly got thrown out of said camp for trying to argue against the preaching of such things. I was told that my opinion did not matter since I was not an ordained man of God.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   

There are plenty of examples. I might tell you my experiences at BRR. But here are some examples of other people's experiences:

It is the tool of fear.

Fundamentalist Christianity is one institution that is extremely effective in using fear to persuade people to accept various beliefs. It is the fear of Hell that it uses so well. Thinking back to when I was a Christian, I clearly remember two instances when I came across a negative concept of Hell.

The first was when I was in high school. One weekend, our entire church youth group went camping on a farm near Heidelberg in Gauteng. One night, while we all sat around a raging bonfire, our youth leader gave a talk on Hell. He asked us to imagine jumping into the bonfire, and to imagine the torment of our skin peeling off our bodies. We all shivered at the thought. He then added that Hell would be a thousand times worse: we would be encased in small enclosures – alone, cut off from everyone else – and we would burn in agony, for eternity. I remember everyone being numbed at this thought.

Memoirs of an ex-Christian

Dawkins says in The God Delusion:

. . . the extreme horribleness of hell, as portrayed by priests and nuns, is inflated to compensate for its implausibility. If hell were plausible, it would only have to be moderately unpleasant in order to deter. Given that it is so unlikely to be true, it has to be advertised as very very scary indeed, to balance its implausibility and retain some deterrence value.

Fear ensures that people remain obedient: it discourages dissent and questioning, it eliminates open dialogue and honest persuasion.

Good sheeple. Behave sheeple!

I can see how proud "they" are right now.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevedel0
People are afraid. We're all a bunch of scaredy cats. Thats why theres so many Christians!

And Muslims! And so many other religious people!

That's why they all put their money in that basket they pass around! Thinking its gonna get them in heaven.

Power. Control. Money.

If I was in heaven I'd give God a good kick in the ass for making hell.

Yes, if he even exists. I'd join you.

Thats right I said it. What are you gonna do? Pray for me? How about sending me some money instead

Isn't that what evangelists been saying? Isn't that why they have the control and the money?

The Illuminati is happy.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   

What do YOU know?

I'm one of life's thinkers. In all the ways I've considered heaven and hell, I can't find a logical reason why they'd exist. Heaven and Hell hold no attraction or fear. They are clearly human constructs and probably a necessary stage in the evolution of consciousness. If we ever meet a comparable ET civilization, I imagine they will have very similar concepts of Heaven & Hell in their history. Naturally, the religious Institutions and two-bit preachers would seize on it as validation.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happyfeet
Oddly, I have a BRR Tshirt on when I was reading this. Honestly, I was miserable at that camp. This camp has the most brainwashed staff ever. I know of one case where the preacher told girls that rape was always their fault for dressing slutty or being in bad places. One girl from a church that buspooled with us killed herself a few days after we got back.

I nearly got thrown out of said camp for trying to argue against the preaching of such things. I was told that my opinion did not matter since I was not an ordained man of God.

I would love to hear more about your experiences. Are you deaf? Somebody mentioned that this is similiar to the Jesus Camp on DVD. I haven't seen it before but I will watch it soon.

I have never heard about this "rape" stuff from them. Seems like it's a recent thing. It's a sad thing about that girl who killed herself. Seems like it's a recent thing.

People rave and rant about conspiracy.

But few experienced conspiracy.

I, myself (and apparently yourself), have experienced and been through a conspiracy and propaganda.

One can learn about conspiracy theories and propaganda but few have experienced what it is like (i.e. being in BRR, in Nazi Germany, U.S.S.R, etc, etc).

Understanding and experiencing are different things.

This is how they operate.

Fear is a powerful ally for them.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I'm one of life's thinkers. In all the ways I've considered heaven and hell, I can't find a logical reason why they'd exist.

Of course you don't, being a smart person like yourself.

But, what if you were reared to believe in the existence of Hell? What if the doctrine of hell was being drilled into your head all your childhood?

Maybe you grew up to adulthood you dismissed the concept of hell. But still you hear someone warning you about hell, you might become afraid. It doesn't matter how smart you are.

Imagine how it is for people who are not as smart or educated as you are. You get many people who are truly afraid. See how easy it is to control people?

Heaven and Hell hold no attraction or fear.

Of course not to you. But you can't dismiss the psychological fear. Even Dawkins were afraid.

They are clearly human constructs and probably a necessary stage in the evolution of consciousness.

Why is it necessary? And why are certain people seeing it what it actually is? A form of control?

If we ever meet a comparable ET civilization, I imagine they will have very similar concepts of Heaven & Hell in their history.

We do not have to meet them at this point. We have observed animals. Do they have any fear of hell? Or ANY fear other that survivality? We do not see any form of worship or the fear of demise or eterenal punishment.

I am sure some ETs might have some history, but they will laugh at our fears I guaranttee you.

Naturally, the religious Institutions and two-bit preachers would seize on it as validation.

Of course. More control and money for them.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Hell, its such a weird concept, one has to wonder where we ever got such a wild idea... The idea that a loving God would sentence us to Hell for eternity to be tortured in agony simply for not believing in something devoid of proof...

I don't get it at all and I don't understand how anyone could believe in something like that. How much Cognitive Dissonance does it take to dissuade someone? How many logical inconsistencies?

First off there is the belief that we are all born guilty, that we are all born as sinners and must later in life accept Jesus in order to be saved. This idea that we are all BORN guilty seems like just a ploy to make people filled with guilt as early in life as possible. What sort of God sticks you with the guilt because of something Adam and Eve did ages ago? What kind of God bases his system on whether you blindly believe in some guy who died 2000 years ago (without any evidence) rather than whether you are a good person or not? And then if you are a good person, but just happen to not believe in Jesus for one reason or another you still burn FOREVER... I'll tell what kind of God - the made up kind.

Hell is there way of keeping us in line and of painting God as a tyrant (this especially helped when Kings were claiming divine right to be on the throne, if God was personified as a King and they were His "servants' than surely the people should obey)... Stay in line, don't mouth off, OBEY or BURN...

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Hell, its such a weird concept, one has to wonder where we ever got such a wild idea

Here lies their genius. Give people something to fear and you got a control of them.

The idea that a loving God would sentence us to Hell for eternity to be tortured in agony simply for not believing in something devoid of proof...

You are a smart one. I bet an educated one. Above average.

Think about those who are not as smart or educated.

How many are they?

I don't get it at all and I don't understand how anyone could believe in something like that.

It doesn't matter. Imaging growing up being drilled in your head with the concept of hell by your parents, church, camp, etc. You might dismiss it at your adulthood. One trigger and you are sweating like you just ran a marathon.

How much Cognitive Dissonance does it take to dissuade someone? How many logical inconsistencies?

LOL. "Cognitive Dissonance" That's one of my favorite phrases. I can see how it can confuse smart people like you. It's a psycholgical fear. It's something primeval.

First off there is the belief that we are all born guilty, that we are all born as sinners and must later in life accept Jesus in order to be saved. This idea that we are all BORN guilty seems like just a ploy to make people filled with guilt as early in life as possible.

PURE GENIUS!

What sort of God sticks you with the guilt because of something Adam and Eve did ages ago? What kind of God bases his system on whether you blindly believe in some guy who died 2000 years ago (without any evidence) rather than whether you are a good person or not? And then if you are a good person, but just happen to not believe in Jesus for one reason or another you still burn FOREVER... I'll tell what kind of God - the made up kind.

The sort that geniuses invented.

Perfect conspiracy. The sort that even dictators are jealous of.

Hell is there way of keeping us in line and of painting God as a tyrant (this especially helped when Kings were claiming divine right to be on the throne, if God was personified as a King and they were His "servants' than surely the people should obey)... Stay in line, don't mouth off, OBEY or BURN...

Did I tell you that I had a dog?

His name is BINGO.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join