It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fear of Hell is the Key to Control the Masses

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   

God is Fear, no love, oh hell, I don't know

I’ll tell you why I don’t let God in. I’m scared of being ruled. This is who I am told God is. Lord. Master. Yes, we’re also taught that God is love, this is true. God is love, but he wants you to love Him (or else).

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." – Thomas Jefferson.

andyglasser.xanga.com...

Just more examples.

A smart person will conclude that there is nothing to be afraid about God.

God is love, right?

Hadephobia is a morbid, irrational fear of hell. The hadephobic person may fear the creatures and demons that are supposed to inhabit hell or that they may take action that will result in their being sent to hell. It is a logical assumption to think that the person coping with this phobia would also fear Satan.

Ok, it's a mental condition.

People coping with Hadephobia may become zealously religious and avoid any situation that they feel might lead them astray.

healthmad.com...

Ah, now we see clearly.

Do we need to say more?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Yes, BRR is a crazy place. I can top said place though with a small camp up in northern California called 'Mount Zion Christian Camp.' I still have nightmares about said place and thats 8 years ago. To be perfectly honest, Mount Zion made me simply throw religion on the shelf, I did not care if I went to hell after I went to this camp, this camp was hell to me.

Mount Zion started off for me on the right foot, 9 hour drive with two rest stops in a bus full of screaming teenagers. The rules were simple, no technology, nothing but a bible and clothes. Hours dragged by in a schoolbus full of sweaty teeneragers, no air conditioning, nothing to read but a bible, I started writing signs on notebook paper to piss off people in the cars behind us.

Once we got to the camp we were greeted with some of the worst degenerates ever. I speak of hood niggas from LA, and Mexican kids who barely spoke english, gang tags and signs were exchainged alone with dirty looks. To a naieve 15-16 year old, I saw nothing dangerous.

Waiting for registration I got involved in a game of volleyball with a group that had arrived earlier than us. During the game I was backpedaling in the rear and slammed the ball back to the front, only I didnt just slam the ball, I slammed the face of the wife of one of the youth pastors along with the ball. I learned later that I was fine, the lady tried to run into the game to catch the ball and ran right behind me as I was staring at the sky. My fingernails left a nasty raking across said woman's face, as much as I apologized, this was the start of a terrible #estorm to come for me. Said youth pastor was in charge of a group of mexican thugs.

This camp was a terrible accident waiting to happen, To start the week off you had the gangs trying to fight for territory. The camp really did not have facilities to accomidate the huge influx of teens, everything was improvised. All guys from youthgroups were on old rusted bunks with nothing between them and the torn metal springs. When I got home my sleeping bag was in shreds. We had several guys on top bunks come crashing through on top of the guys below them, the only explanation was that the bunks were only rated for 150 LBS. One guy from our group almost got impaled when he fell through a top bunk. The only cover we had from the elements were TeePees made from parachutes and old logs. During one night there was a severe thunderstorm that came through and started a wildfire a few miles away. As big of a threat as lightning was, we still played soccer in the middle of a large open field, we could not opt out. Also, its worth noting that as scared as I was, the camp did nothing during the wildfire. The only explanation I got for why there was a blatiant disregard for safety was that "God wont let anything bad happen."

During the second night some kid was running through the trees back to his teepee, some idiot decided to put a clothesline at neck level in the pitch black. Kid was airlifted FROM THE CAMP PROPERTY. Turns out the camp nurse was a dietician, not trained for any sort of real medical emergency. Boy later recovered in the hospital, but had a collapsed larynx if memory serves me right.

Everyone was forced, read, FORCED, to participate in all activities. We played rugby as 14-16 year olds against large men, I think myself and one other kid left the field so dazed that we both likely had concussions, vomiting and splitting headaches. we were denied any sort of medical exam on the basis of, "we dont have time, its almost time for services." Same story goes for full contact football.

Food is another bad story. You have kids playing games consuming tons of calories and then feed them garbage, thats right, garbage. All meals consisted of one serving, of garbage. Every meal had water, no milk or any other sort of nourishment, just water. All meals were the same all week.
Breakfast consisted of powdered eggs, toast made with outdated bread donated by local stores. To round out breakfast, they had small bowls of oatmeal. Lunch consisted of a sandwich, apple, and salad. Dinner was always salad and spaghetti. Understand that I see nothing wrong with dieting, but when you are burning way more calories than you are taking in over a week, something will give.

On the same subject of food, the only source of food outside of the mess hall was the "canteen" a platiant ripoff. Snickers bar was something like $1.50, bottle of anything was $3.00. I remember a small boat of nachos was $4.00. As desperate as we were, we gladly used up about $50 apice on food just because our bodies were craving something to replace the trash we were eating all week. When I asked why the prices werent lowered the response was an angry woman telling me that, "We pay to truck all this in, we gotta cover costs." Town of like 15,000 was only 7 miles away.

During the third day some Mexican trash flashed a switchblade at me and said he would kill me for beating his youthpastors wife. I started carrying my hunting knife, my youthpastor then took away my hunting knife leaving me unarmed. I started asking to just go home the same day but was denied even a phonecall home.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Now that I have covered the facilities, I will cover one more before I move on, that is, their chapel. Chapel consisted of 4 tractor trailers creating a U shape with a gap to get in. There was no roof and we were exposed to the sun for many hours.

On the subject of chapel, we got off on the right foot when the preacher got up, stepped on a nail in a floorboard, dropped the mic, dropped the F-bomb.
Excuse for the language? "He's only human." I bought the video tape from the camp for $10 just to take it home and show my parents, that while it was muted, the words could be seen comming out of the guy's mouth.

Preaching was a joke, we were exposed to no less than 6 hours of preaching a day in the summer heat. As there was no shade, I for one was suffering from heat exhaustion daily, several kids simply dropped during the afternoon games and refused to move any more, they were sent home for, "Not participating and having bad attitudes."

Preaching consisted of one guy just bragging for four hours about how much God had blessed him with expensive stuff and cool vacations, and that we could have the same.....

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   

I believe in a Hell. I don't believe I can be sent there by a angry vengeful "God" that feels I didn't measure up to his expectations. I believe that hell is a state of mind, that there are people alive today that for all intents and purposes are in hell as that is pretty much what they expect. And I think this is also true of the afterlife.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

If we only followed god.

Yes, we heard the death and damnnation preaching, when the chance for questions came up after said sermon, I raised my hand and asked "Why would a god of love create a species that would screw up from the start so 85% of said species would burn in hell forever." The response was, "Get that kid out of here, he just wants to argue."

Preaching also said that "Studies show that 95% of good kids in good churches are not really saved." As a preacher pointed his hand across the group. This preaching is how the camp can claim the huge numbers of kids saved there. I knew kids from my youthgroup that had their faith crushed, they wre trying to live for the Lord but were told that they weren't saved and sent back to square 1 as far as their religion goes.

I could go on for a few more posts but I got bigger fish to fry tonight so I will leave it at this. If anyone wants the video of the cussing preacher I would be happy to mail it to them if I can find it.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Heaven and hell are a matter of having God or not having God. When I was a teen, on one occasion ( I had been watching a movie about the Nazis in Poland)I was miserable and wanted to commit suicide. I decided against the suicide (the tide was out and I couldn't even get through the thick mud to get to the water) and I asked the question "What if there is no God?" God is amazing, if you ask a direct question, He will answer you. Immediately I felt so alone, so cold, so painfully miserable that it was unbearable. The stars even looked sharp and painful. Then I asked (just to stop the pain) "But what if there is?" Then just as suddenly, the pain stopped The sky was peaceful, there was a soft rosy cloud over San Rafael, I felt comfortable. Then somebody said, not aloud, but in my mind, although I knew it didn't come from me "You can have it either way and never know the other is there" I right away thought, I always have to be logical, Well, if I can have it either way, and I have a choice, then somebody is giving me that choice, so God has to exist, otherwise who is giving me that choice.
If you let God talk to you, He will tell you if He is real or not.
My daughter had a similar experience when she was a teenager. She was being pressured by a boy at school to be his girlfriend. She was also being pressured by some JW friends to come to their meetings. She went up to her room, stood on the bed, put her hands in the air, and asked God if He was real and if He was Jesus. He said "Of course I am" Then she asked Him what church she should go to. The next day at lunch break, a born again Christian friend came up to her and told her that God had told her to tell her to come to church with her. She did and it was an amazing church that had miraculous things happen all the time.
But my point is that the question about hell can be resolved simply by asking God about it. He does answer. It is probably too convenient for preachers to preach on hell to stir up their congregations to go out there and save people. You don't want your loved ones to go to hell. But you do want them to experience what it is like to have a real relationship with God. which is available to everyone, and I am sure that hell is real as well because I experienced it for a couple of seconds.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Anybody curious about Bill Rice Ranch, I give you this link

www.billriceranch.org...

I am afraid this will bring down their server, though I can't say I am sorry if it was brought down.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Deaf Alien]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

I believe that hell is a state of mind, that there are people alive today that for all intents and purposes are in hell as that is pretty much what they expect.

So you believe that it is not "immutable"?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Hi deaf,
all though I was a born-again Christian; I died again and was re-incarnated as a free-thinker.
Because of my previous pre-occupations with Christianity, I will shun your request for a Christians-Only perspective, Sorry!
I think that the Hell concept is a lesson only. It's outdated. It was simply a mechanism o make individuals whom didn't THINK about their daily doings to take heed.
It is a lesson to make simple folk take more responsibilty for their actions. It is a concept from antiquity that has not evolved.
It leaves some people jumping at shadows- when really they are good people.
Its the best friend the church has really ever had- kept it in business.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

If we only followed god.

IF we only followed THEIR idea of a god. Perfect control.

Yes, we heard the death and damnnation preaching, when the chance for questions came up after said sermon, I raised my hand and asked "Why would a god of love create a species that would screw up from the start so 85% of said species would burn in hell forever." The response was, "Get that kid out of here, he just wants to argue."

I hope you feel lucky to be living in the USA at this time.

At certain time and place, you'd be beheaded, hanged, shot, what have you.

Wait, why am I laughing?

Preaching also said that "Studies show that 95% of good kids in good churches are not really saved." As a preacher pointed his hand across the group. This preaching is how the camp can claim the huge numbers of kids saved there. I knew kids from my youthgroup that had their faith crushed, they wre trying to live for the Lord but were told that they weren't saved and sent back to square 1 as far as their religion goes.

Hence my OP. Be a better person for "THEM".

The more fear in those kids or people, the better control they have over them.

I could go on for a few more posts but I got bigger fish to fry tonight so I will leave it at this. If anyone wants the video of the cussing preacher I would be happy to mail it to them if I can find it.

Please post when you have the time.

Remember, the Illuminati is happy.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Only as immutable as the individual's mind. Some people hold on to a view like a man holding to a life raft after abandoning a sinking ship. Some let go easily and all inbetween.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

Hi deaf,
all though I was a born-again Christian; I died again and was re-incarnated as a free-thinker.

Yes. What made you "reincarnated" as a free-thinker?

Because of my previous pre-occupations with Christianity, I will shun your request for a Christians-Only perspective, Sorry!

This thread is for all people. You are not excluded.

I think that the Hell concept is a lesson only. It's outdated. It was simply a mechanism o make individuals whom didn't THINK about their daily doings to take heed.

It has been thousands of years. Has it changed?

Like I said to the other poster, what have those people learned? It is still the same today as it was before.

Its the best friend the church has really ever had- kept it in business.

You sound like a satanist

Satan has been the best friend the church has ever had, as he has kept it in business all these years!

One of the Satanic Statements.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Then you are not afraid of hell or any form of retribution?

Then you are one of those lucky few people.

Think millions if not billions of people sorely afraid of hell or any form of eternal retribution.

You and me and few other people are not what "they" have in their mind.

I do not have to give you examples of people being tortured or killed in totalitarian countries.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Nope. It's a convient way to manipulate people into doing what you want them to do by holding their soul as leverage when you make them believe it. "Claiming to save your souls that you never lost anyway." -John Oldman "The Man From Earth" Sad thing is, in my opinion, they will make that true for themselves. As I believe that what you believe happens in the after life happens, for you and by you. If you catch my meaning.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

there's no need to nit pick my posts, unless you are looking for an arguement. But I suppose thats the done thing on these boards

yes that is one of the Satanic statements; do you not agree though?
You were the one to throw out the question- but you seem be upset that soeone from the other side of the fence may be writting to you...intriguing.
Essentially NO- I AM NOT A SATANIST. However, I do think Satanism has more truths to offer thn Christianity.

But essentially to follow one and not the other makes no sense to me; Christianity and Satanism are all part of the same bag.
You cant have one without the other.
This is the fundamental nature of dualisms. White/Black, Day/Night etc.
Recognising these extremes give us the abilty to see right from wrong, and all the experiences in between.
Cheers. I shouldn't really matter to you what my divine beliefs are; if any- unless you are intolerent of all other beliefs.

I repeat the question (not for you but for Christians):

Excuse me for thinking you were predominately addressing Christians

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   

The Fear of Hell is the Key to Control the Masses
if this were true, would not Christians be uncontrolable?
can you tell me, who might control these masses?
yep i'm thinking, maybe you should listen to your fear.after all God put
it there for a reason.

God loves honest atheists
and this is as far away from the truth as you can get.something
definetly all jacked up here.

[edit on 9-8-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   

But, what if you were reared to believe in the existence of Hell? What if the doctrine of hell was being drilled into your head all your childhood? Maybe you grew up to adulthood you dismissed the concept of hell. But still you hear someone warning you about hell, you might become afraid. It doesn't matter how smart you are. Imagine how it is for people who are not as smart or educated as you are. You get many people who are truly afraid. See how easy it is to control people?

I was raised Christian...Sunday School etc. As a kid the Hell scenario was scary in an abstract sense because it never seemed reasonable. I couldn't empathize with anything that would create and support such a place.

I'm not against religion, like Dawkins, although I think the human race would not be worse off without it. Folk get all tangled up in these 'afterlives' and each Church/creed/dogma is considered superior to all the others. I'm sure God wouldn't need the infrastructure.

I think we're agreed that teaching hellfire and brimstone is wrong from any angle. Unfortunately, this schtick has been around since we were chasing critters with sticks. It's not in a hurry to progress or go away. One thing that disillusioned me from the schtick was realizing Biblical Heaven & Hell offer stagnancy and pointlessness. In nature, everything changes over time...even rock. Every living thing develops, changes, ages and dies. This Biblical H&H offers eternity without change or purpose. Pointless. What a cool incentive...what a cool deterrent...

Given your past, you'll probably be battling metaphorical demons from time to time. Those early belief systems are a bitch to shake off and we've all got them...like it or not. I've got a few too

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

yes that is one of the Satanic statements; do you not agree though?

Well, of course I agree

It's something an intelligent person understands.

but you seem be upset that soeone from the other side of the fence may be writting to you...intriguing.

Not "upset." Like I said, it's a trigger.

Imagine that you were reared uneducated and perhaps not so intelligent in a strict christian home or one of those "camps". You'd be easily frightened.

But you are intelligent!

You just dismiss it as nonsense.

Then one day out of blue one of your long lost friend found you and told you that he was recently "converted" and warned you all about hell.

The psychological fear takes control of you.

You, being intelligent, think this through. Of course you will dismiss it AGAIN.

Essentially NO- I AM NOT A SATANIST. However, I do think Satanism has more truths to offer thn Christianity.

Well, of course!!!! What else can it be?

This is the fundamental nature of dualisms. White/Black, Day/Night etc. Recognising these extremes give us the abilty to see right from wrong, and all the experiences in between.

In general, people only see Heaven and Hell. It's EITHER/OR for them.

Cheers. I shouldn't really matter to you what my divine beliefs are; if any- unless you are intolerent of all other beliefs.

You'd be surprised what I believe

Excuse me for thinking you were predominately addressing Christians

Sorry about that.

It is for EVERYONE. I included Muslims in my OP.

Like I said, FEAR is one of the tools for "them" to control the masses.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

if this were true, would not Christians be uncontrolable?

can you tell me, who might control these masses?

I take it you haven't seen those teleevangelists? And those are just pawns.

yep i'm thinking, maybe you should listen to your fear.after all God put it there for a reason.

Which brings to my question in my OP:

Is the belief valid because you fear hell?

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Is the belief valid because you fear hell
i don't really know, you see i don't fear hell. i fear God.
do you mean valid like a drivers licsense?

I take it you haven't seen those teleevangelists? And those are just pawns
would this be one of those pawnsi schemes everyones been talking about?

[edit on 9-8-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I was raised Christian...Sunday School etc. As a kid the Hell scenario was scary in an abstract sense because it never seemed reasonable. I couldn't empathize with anything that would create and support such a place.

See, you understand.

You are one of the few people.

I'm not against religion, like Dawkins, although I think the human race would not be worse off without it.

Would not be worse off without it?

O.K.

There are plenty of other threads on this.

I am not going to debate this in this thread.

Folk get all tangled up in these 'afterlives' and each Church/creed/dogma is considered superior to all the others. I'm sure God wouldn't need the infrastructure.

Wait. I am confused.

Isn't it one of the points of this thread?

Never mind.

I think we're agreed that teaching hellfire and brimstone is wrong from any angle.

RIGHT!!!

And yet they still teach this.

WHY???

I mean comn on!!!! Any intelligent person can see thorough this!

Given your past, you'll probably be battling metaphorical demons from time to time. Those early belief systems are a bitch to shake off and we've all got them...like it or not. I've got a few too

Yes, this is one of the points of my OP.

Some intelligent or educated people still battle this from time to time. It's a psychological tactic they use.

This is a form of control.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join