It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have every right in the world to whoop ya kid's..PLZ start I am sick of all the punk's

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pjotr
When you hit a kid you will teach it to hit people.

When you talk to a kid and be stearn with what you are saying you will teach it to talk to people and stand by its words.

my 2 cents

pssst...your logic is already broken

I was hit...have yet to hit anyone else

You cannot claim that as an ultimate truth

-Kyo

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
u no my dad beat the heck outta me as a kid and it didn't teach me a dam thing about respect i learned that from my mom in a safe non abusive way u no all those people that are punk's u ever thought they was that was cause they got spanked as a kid most of my punk friends were beat as kids beating kids or whooping them isn't right if u cant teach them respect the right way then u don't need kids most kids now days are learning there bad habits of fighting and stuff from the parents looks like some people need to do a better job

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstar1102

When is the last time that you smacked your "Friend" across the mouth for saying something that you did not agree with?

I am not saying to be friendly with your child if you decide that you do not want to be.

But there is absolutely NOTHING that your two year old should be doing that would warrant ANY amount of physical abuse or pain infliction!

I hate to insult people and rarely do but are you mentally challenged to think it is a good idea to hit a two year old? Do you have a mental problems? You should definitely not be parenting.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I got soap in the mouth, whipped with a belt, spanked, locked in my own room...

Then again, I was the devil child! I turned out well, great grades, job, not involved in a lot of teenage BS...am grateful as well.

A whooping is not the solution to everything, but it is definitely a great way to punish your kids mixed in with "love".

Whoop em, then tell them you did it cause you love them.

They will remember the listen and still like ya!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by orwellianunenlightenment
reply to post by Amaterasu

Kids must be told why. Not that they should abuse that dynamic, asking why throughout infinity, but parents must explain the underlying reasons and motivations for behavior.

I agree. My dad used a good one when I would ask why beyond reasonable and informative use...

He would ask me, "What are you going to do with that information if I give it to you?" I tell ya what. That pretty much shut me up. [grin]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused

It's fine if ya want Your burden of a spoiled child put unto society.
One that only respect's there elder's if they get something in return.

No respect for women in general.
calling them biatch's and hoe's..ect...
Like it's a second language or something.
Go ahead.

Show me a child that's grown up that has never been whooped i will show you a time bomb waiting to go off.
They will be
A smartypants.
Rude in general.
and disrespectful to there parent's and or elder's...aunt's uncle's. ect..

Oh really?
It's a logical progression is it?
I'm not so certain of that.
My nieces are lovely, considerate, polite children, and yet robust and confident. They have never been smacked.
Friends of mine have children who are the same.
They don't expect anything for their behaviour, they aren't brats, spoiled, rude in general etc.
You appear to think that other methods are not as effective as a violent action....to a child it appears violent, it is Rule with a stick, not a carrot.
The behaviour of the child is accordant to the parent.
There are problem children on both sides of the smacking fence so I think there is something else causing this 'decay'.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Originally posted by drsmooth23

If i do something that ACTUALLY WARRANTS BEING CORRECTED, then bring it on I say.

If you read my statement and used critical thinking you would realize i mean it should always be the LAST RESORT

I still can't see a reason to ever resort to violent behavior. [shrug] I just can't.

I know of a thirteen year old kid who has stolen his grandmothers car over four different times, twice totaling two different cars. The punishment he receives in juvenile hall is FAR WORSE than any temporary pain on his behind. Now he is just learning more ways to be mischievous as well as getting beat up on nearly a daily basis.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by drsmooth23]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist
I got soap in the mouth, whipped with a belt, spanked, locked in my own room...

Then again, I was the devil child! I turned out well, great grades, job, not involved in a lot of teenage BS...am grateful as well.

A whooping is not the solution to everything, but it is definitely a great way to punish your kids mixed in with "love".

Whoop em, then tell them you did it cause you love them.

They will remember the listen and still like ya!

Yep i remember the soap trick for cussing.
I got it in my head i would start eating it like candy to show em i don't care.
Then old pappy got a hold of me i wasn't swearing at momma no more lol

That's the point no new ager want's to listen to.
We are not saying whoop em for sneezing.

But common...
You let ya kid's listen to rap and sing along..
Biatch's hoe's... i can't even name half the stuff they call women they like now a days.

MY dad is 60+ year's old and he would beat my butt unglody..if i said what up biatch to my mother.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I think if a few more of these young punks had been given fatal beatings as children - then they would have a lot more respect!!

On a serious note, please, please, please smack your kids - otherwise they will not respect teachers, learn nothing in school, schools will become prisons - and the world will go to hell in a handbasket.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused

My dog bite's my wife..i won't kick it i shoot it.

My child hit's my wife..i whoop it..Big difference man.

When and if my dog start's making fist's and back's my wife into corner's threatening her.
instead of biting..

I will whoop it then..

But it's either i shoot it.
Or animal control come's and does it..
But it's my dog i will take care of it myself.

Thus it's my child i will whoop it.
not call a doctor for med's later.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by TheAmused]

You really should have your dog under better control than that.
Our dogs are fantastic around children and people in general.
I have never hit our dogs.
Why would I want to hit my kids?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

Point taken, 2 years old may have been a bit too young to use as an example. But the idea behind it was that many concepts are too much for a younger person / child to handle.

I'm not a parent yet, thankfully, but I know that when I do have children I will teach them things like not calling people "mentally challenged". See it's people like you who need to be smacked around a little, but then again you're probably the same person who runs away every time a conflict ensues.

I have a clean bill of mental health as well, whereas you're lashing out at the first possible mistake or comment you do not agree with proves that maybe someone should check you out...

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers

But there is absolutely NOTHING that your two year old should be doing that would warrant ANY amount of physical abuse or pain infliction!

I hate to insult people and rarely do but are you mentally challenged to think it is a good idea to hit a two year old? Do you have a mental problems? You should definitely not be parenting.

I'll tell the same thing I did earlier...

My child when he was 3 years old kept trying to put his hand directly on the hot burner of an electric stove. After a few times of pushing his hand away and telling him no, it's hot and will burn, etc, I put him in another room, away from the stove.

he ran right out of the room to put his hand onto the stove when i stepped away from it for a moment to get a spice.

I smacked his hand, with NO anger in it.

I'd rather do that than to have him severely burn himself, possibly being scarred for life, or worse.

You? What is a single parent to do, when 2 other kids are running around doing their thing as well, and the one is doing something in abject defiance, not just saying "no" to you or something like that, but something that could cause them GREAT harm?

As I said earlier, there's a very fine line between discipline and abuse. Some cross that line. Some understand that line. Some never have to use it because they were graced with a child who is absolutely an angel. Some children are NOT that way.

EACH CHILD is different, and must be handled differently.

And, as I said earlier, anger is what a lot of parents do. Anger is not discipline, nor is it loving. Reasoned responses to situations ARE.

There's a big difference between the two.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
First let me say that this is the perspective of an educator that specializes in young children ages 18 months to 5.

I can tell which kids are "whooped" by how they act in my classroom. They are more aggressive than other kids and more likely to use physical aggression to get what they want. "Whooping" is not something I agree with at all and it gets me fired up to talk about whether its ok to hit your kids or not. Let me assure you the answer to that riddle is NO.

Most parents have children with absolutely no education related to raising kids. All they know is what their parents did. Thus the cycle of ignorance continues because your parents "whooped" you.

How would you feel if your boss gave you a "whoopin" for messin up at work?

Please try to educate yourself on different parenting techniques before you hit your kids.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockstar1102

I am not going to take the bait. I am tempted to nibble but I shall resist the urge. You lose sir. Good day.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

If I tickled my 4 year old when he was bad he would misbehave all the time!

So when your daughter is 17 and drinking, you gonna tickle her?
And please, dont answer with "my daughter wont drink". You know how many parents have swore this and their kids where drinking or doing drugs anyway?

[edit on 27-7-2009 by coop039]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by midniteracerx
First let me say that this is the perspective of an educator that specializes in young children ages 18 months to 5.

I can tell which kids are "whooped" by how they act in my classroom. They are more aggressive than other kids and more likely to use physical aggression to get what they want. "Whooping" is not something I agree with at all and it gets me fired up to talk about whether its ok to hit your kids or not. Let me assure you the answer to that riddle is NO.

Most parents have children with absolutely no education related to raising kids. All they know is what their parents did. Thus the cycle of ignorance continues because your parents "whooped" you.

How would you feel if your boss gave you a "whoopin" for messin up at work?

Please try to educate yourself on different parenting techniques before you hit your kids.

Thankyou.
Imagine the outcry if people percieved they were being told how to bring up their children. Ownership is an odd affair.
Responsibility and respect, it's a two way street.
Having spent some time in teacher training situations and Education and close relatives involved in Policy and teaching, I agree with you wholeheartedly regarding the "whooped" kids. It breaks your heart.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
A spanking is not beating flesh. You are using neuro linguistics to negatively stigmatize a legal practice used to teach a child the difference between right and wrong, reward and punishment.

No... I'm calling the deliberate impacting of the flesh with intent to cause pain as what I see it to be. Obviously you think it's not "beating." I say it is "Beating Lite" (TM).

Open defiance must be punished.

Only if you are an authoritarian. I have no need of deliberately impacting the flesh with intent to cause pain, because I don't believe I have the authority over any but myself. I don't believe in the whole concept of "punishment." I believe in communication with my children.

If done properly the child will respect their parents by the age of three and open defiance will no longer be an issue with that child. That is how love works.

"Done properly..." How is the "proper" way to deliberate impact the flesh with intent to cause pain? *I* was given this treatment - I guess "improperly" because I just got more frustrated and furious. It lowered my self esteem, and left me introverted for much of my childhood.

If you don't love your children they will be a disgrace to society.

This is true.

Your method has produced many disgraces, thugs, gangsta's, morons, etc.

Oh. You're kidding me, right? The fact that both sociopaths and especially psychopaths were the product of authoritarian households in most cases, and were "punished" suggests...something. What can we draw from that?

FYI, my daughter helps the teacher keep the "rowdy" kids in line at her school. She is polite, sweet, giving, loving, creative, honest, full of grace.

Go ahead and accuse me of using methods that don't work, but I have watched them at work when I apply them even to neighbor kids. I get respect and openness, not defiance and closed communication. (I have been called a miracle worker, even.)

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
My next door neighbor has a little boy 8 year's old.
Well i hear my dog in the back yard yelp sometime's i look out side there is this little boy at my fence.
So i watched and waited one day.
Well he was chucking rocks at my dog.
For what reason i got no idea.

I told his mom she was a single parent.
She said i will correct him he won't do it again.
Next day..YELP!!!!!!
little sucker was chucking rock's again.
I said hey little dude"Did you get in trouble for being mean to dumb animal yesterday"?
He said "Yeah and snickered"
"She gave me a Popsicle and i got grounded so i played 360 all day"
So i told his mom "Mam he was hitting my dog with rock's again"

She told me Don't tell me how to correct my kid's"
i said lady I am just telling you to make him stop before he hurt's my dog.
SHe slamed the door.

She has no idea how to control the boy.
If i could legally throw a rock at him i would for meanness

I hate to call the law ect.. it's a dog vs a mean spoiled never whooped boy.
i call it get's child welfare on her...and i don't wish that on anyone.

But there is my point..Time out go play ya xbox all day ....
Yeah it work's in what world?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by maus80
Throws a HUGE fit in public? Back away slowly, let them do their thing. Kicking, screaming, and stomping is a healthy, passive way for kids to vent their emotions. Once they are done point out to them they what they did was silly, and didn't get them what they wanted.

Ah, kiddies and their tantrums ...

My daughter first threw a tantrum when she was only 6 months old. - Threw herself on her back on the floor and kicked and screamed, glaring at me. So I picked her up, took her into my bedroom and popped her onto my double bed, walked out and shut the door.

She carried on for an hour, and I just left her to it, not going back in there until she was quiet again. She never threw a tantrum again.

Raising 3 kids on my own after having such bad parenting myself I'd had to run away from home at 16 to stop getting beaten and worse, I had no idea how to be a parent. So my kids got smacked occasionally and sometimes I'd go right off and "whoop" them, but it was not a good thing to do, for me or them.

Luckily we were also friends, and all managed to learn about hugging and reasoning and empathy. Now they are great adults, intelligent and gentle, and knowing much more about parenting than I did at their age.

My daughter decided to never smack her little girl, and learned to teach about consequences instead. Trouble was she was too gentle, worked too hard to make her kid happy, and it all went wrong. There are some kids who need discipline, and this was one of them.

I accidentally whacked my granddaughter (on her nappied bum) when she was only 8 months old, when she started hitting my son, who hqd a migraine, on the head, because he was resting it on my knee and she thought she owned my knee. She howled and crawled to the door, scowling furiously at me between bellows. I figured if there was one thing worse than smacking a baby it was saying sorry, so I put her on the couch out the front until she stopped.

For years after that she was a little angel for me. If she started playing up I'd just remind her she liked to be good for me, and she would be. My daughter couldn't work out why I never had to smack her after that, while she ended up smacking lots.

Once I was in town with my granddaughter and she threw herself down on the pavement, outside Myer in Melbourne, kicking and hollerring.
I knew how to fix that fast, this kid was very concerned about impressing people. So I threw myself down beside her, copying her behaviour (after putting my basket carefully between us).

She stopped her carry on, stood up and started tugging at me.
"Ooma, stop that, people are looking at us. You look silly doing that."
I laughed and agreed with her that people throwing tantrums do look silly, and asked if she'd learned not to yet, or if I needed to do it longer.

She never threw a tantrum again and people threw enough money in my basket to buy a nice lunch each.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by coop039

If I tickled my 4 year old when he was bad he would misbehave all the time!

So when your daughter is 17 and drinking, you gonna tickle her?
And please, dont answer with "my daughter wont drink". You know how many parents have swore this and their kids where drinking or doing drugs anyway?

[edit on 27-7-2009 by coop039]

No. I would talk to her then. And let her make her own choices. But I assure you, my child will only be drinking rarely. She grasps a great deal, thank you very much.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join