Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

You have every right in the world to whoop ya kid's..PLZ start I am sick of all the punk's

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
None of my previous post was nonsense, and all of it does work. I've used the methods described with all of my nieces and nephews, and friends kids who have been around a lot since birth.

I don't think it's any coincidence that kids who are AWFUL at their home are perfectly well behaved at my place.

The simple fact is that kids are like computers - garbage in, garbage out. Slack on teaching them empathy and limits, and you are going to end up with a bratty kid.

"Because I said so!" kind of parents are the ones who end up resorting to violence.

edit:

Yeah maybe taking some stuff away from kids for writing on the wall doesn't work. Getting an awesome marker set, putting it up high where they can see it, and saying - "This is reserved for a responsible kid who only draws on paper", THAT WORKS.

Sitting down and coloring with them every day, so long as they haven't written on any walls that day, THAT WORKS.

Pretending to cry over the writing on the wall, teaching the kid to have empathy and not want to make you sad, THAT WORKS. Kids resent and rebel against anger, their empathetic response to sadness is much more productive.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by maus80]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I agree and honestly some parents can be nuts, not hardly knowing right from wrong. My uncle was a rather interesting guy, basically a drunk and he'd hit his kids for no reason. Sure they might have done something mild wrong but then he'd go into a rage and start hitting people. I just don't think it's worth it to encourage physical methods for punishment when some adults hit without reason and are in the wrong about 95% of the time.

I suppose its a perspective thing. Physical abuse in the family and kids learn the importance of not hitting, and people that didn't have to experience that, some say more hitting. Odd.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
99% Of All the "I will never whoop my kid it's abuse"
Will have there child on the newest new age cure riddlin or xoloft what ever there flavor is this month.
After there voice wears out no you cant..nononono .no please no...

they cry there kid has A.D.D or A.D.H.D or something.
Some doctor get's tired of hearing it..
Give the med's..
Now there parenting worked..OMG see i told you i never had to whoop my kid.
Nothign medicine can't cure lol
Now time for me to write a book.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by TheAmused]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu
That child will not learn to think and to examine ther own choices of behavior, going therefore into the future ready to pop off on their kids and others who THEY think should be "punished."

It promotes a sick way of being, "punishment" does.

[edit on 7/27/2009 by Amaterasu]

That's funny. None of my children have any interest in popping off or spanking their friends, or anyone else. The idea that spanking begets violent behavior is pure foolishness. Why, because if done properly, at a very young age, the war is over before the battle even starts. The problems begin if you have not broke them of open defiance by the age of three. It can be done by the age of 2 to 2 1/2 years old. After that no more spanks. It's not like you are spanking them every single day until they are three. I seriously think you need to study up on this topic.

AND, Obviously you will be rewarding your babies for good behavior: every single minute of every waking moment. This way they learn the difference between reward and punishment real fast.

For every "gangsta" thug on the street there is at least one parent that followed your edvice.

[edit on 27/7/09 by John Matrix]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jomina
In the times I have ever done anything physically related to my kiddos, it's been in that kind of vein.

And like I said, any immediate danger can warrant awareness of the danger being made impactfully.

I have issues with hitting children when they are just saying "no." (If you know what I mean.) There are other, more effective routes than beating on the flesh.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix

PISH.

If you don't communicate with the child about why the child is making the choices (s)he is... That child will not learn to think and to examine ther own choices of behavior, going therefore into the future ready to pop off on their kids and others who THEY think should be "punished."

It promotes a sick way of being, "punishment" does.

Sorry, you are wrong. Numerous books written by experts prove your comments are pure nonsense. You cannot reason with a 2 year old like you do with adults, and how many adults can be reasoned with anyway, let alone children?

Numerous books also show that, while the depth of the concepts may not be there, 2 year olds CAN understand a gentle, guiding voice, a redirection from the behavior, and a kiss on the forehead. They CAN be shown a better choice of behaviors.

And, well, maybe my daughter is special or something (she was beginning algebra at 4, after all), but at 2 I could reason with her just fine.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

I can't imagine there are too many editors around who would be up to that task. You seriously need one of those browsers that translates what you type into proper english.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by drsmooth23
reply to post by Amaterasu

If i do something that ACTUALLY WARRANTS BEING CORRECTED, then bring it on I say.

If you read my statement and used critical thinking you would realize i mean it should always be the LAST RESORT

I still can't see a reason to ever resort to violent behavior. [shrug] I just can't.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

It goes hand in hand with.
Don;t stick ya finger in that light socket.
They will try to do it then.
So do you let them learn there lesson and shock possibly kill themselves?
Or do you catch them trying it and smack that butt and let em know MORE is coming if they try it again cause it can kill them.

new ager's say's tickle them with a feather make it a game.

Every time i try to stick a fork in the light socket momma tickle's me..it's fun.lol
bahhhh craziness my friend craziness lol

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
So if its ok to beat your family for doing something you deem wrong, its also ok for the son or daughter to bring a can of whooping to her parents if THEY do something "wrong"?

The thing is you can outsmart a kid. Teach him to behave by using your smarts instead of your fists. But alas, we live in a world of idiots nowadays, how will they know how to raise a child?

NEVER use violence, unless your very life depends on it. To touch and harm another that is weaker and smaller than you, in a way they dislike, is COWARDLY. And your dumb if you dont know how to get help in other ways then your fist.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jomina
In the times I have ever done anything physically related to my kiddos, it's been in that kind of vein.

And like I said, any immediate danger can warrant awareness of the danger being made impactfully.

I have issues with hitting children when they are just saying "no." (If you know what I mean.) There are other, more effective routes than beating on the flesh.

And with that I do agree. It's been said many times, there's a fine line between discipline and abuse.

One thing that I think most parents miss in all of this is, they do their actions out of an emotional standpoint. Most cannot detach themselves from the actions that they do. Example would be anger, they are angry at something the child does, the anger is taken out on the child.

It's not an easy thing to do, becoming unattached, but it IS necessary. When standing and looking at things from that viewpoint, you can see for yourself what the best action to take would be, in each situation.

I might be one of the lucky few that can do this, but... anyhow lol I wish all could do that. I think it would solve the majority of issues when it comes to this topic.

Then again, I am extremely empathic in nature, myself, so maybe that helps.

Either way, I AM satisfied with how my kiddos treat themselves and others (including their parental units lol), and we have a VERY happy household, always filled with love and laughter. I do mean that literally. I can hear my daughters having an incredible laughing fit with their mom right now lol

I think that's the best thing in the world

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic Rights

Hahahaha, we're not trying to mess with your family.

You misunderstood.

I was referring to those who call CPS over a little spank.

And I was referring directly to CPS.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daniem
So if its ok to beat your family for doing something you deem wrong, its also ok for the son or daughter to bring a can of whooping to her parents if THEY do something "wrong"?

Tell ya a funny story, my dad did just this with me.

One time I caught him drinking when he had quit (he was an alcoholic for many years, and was desperate to get away from it), he allowed me to punish him, and I got to choose what to do.

I cannot remember at this point what it was (i was only like 9 lol) but it DID impact me quite a bit. I learned that no one was above the law
Or at least, the law of the household haha

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

The thing is you can outsmart a kid. Teach him to behave by using your smarts instead of your fists. But alas, we live in a world of idiots nowadays, how will they know how to raise a child?

NEVER use violence, unless your very life depends on it. To touch and harm another that is weaker and smaller than you, in a way they dislike, is COWARDLY. And your dumb if you dont know how to get help in other ways then your fist.

See you got twisted let me help you.
First WHOOPING is not a beating....catch up i said this 500 time's in this thread.

And legally it is not abuse...

2nd
A child no matter what age you are..is to respect your elder's...
I don't care if your 40 with children of your own.
Respect ya elder .....

You never hit the folk's that bring you into this world man..
Respect...

You speak to us as Cowardly..Yet you feel it's good for you to hit your parent's.
Why not they whooped us when we did bad.

Common man timeout not work for you?

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
99% Of All the "I will never whoop my kid it's abuse"
Will have there child on the newest new age cure riddlin or xoloft what ever there flavor is this month.
After there voice wears out no you cant..nononono .no please no...

they cry there kid has A.D.D or A.D.H.D or something.
Some doctor get's tired of hearing it..
Give the med's..
Now there parenting worked..OMG see i told you i never had to whoop my kid.
Nothign medicine can't cure lol
Now time for me to write a book.

Ha! Those drugs are the reason we're in half the trouble we're in in the Universe.

I allow my child to follow her creative bliss as best I can, and I will not have issues from her. She and I discuss the Universe and what choices we have to create via our behaviors towards others. My goal is not to keep her in line, but to allow her to learn how to make excellent choices.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

That's kinda lame, equating child discipline with violence. Heck my kids tell me I didn't whip them ENOUGH, but I whipped them when they were just downright nasty and disobedient.

Of course, we are not talking about injuring children here, that is a whole other subject. I've had to hear this business lately about homosexuality being normal because animals do it. Ok, animals also physically discipline their young with a good swipe of the paw, or a non-skin breaking bite. It's the natural thing to do don't you know.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Let me just put it this way. Parents who genuinely seek wisdom and are empathetic to others, can probably get away with spanking. John Matrix and Jomina come to mind in this thread. John Matrix, you talked about doing it until about age 3, then weaning off. Jomina, you just seem to have presence of mind. But the, "you better show respect boy, or I'm a gonna whoop you," mentality is no mentality at all, it is an absence of mind. It is a program. It is the powerless making the wrongs committed against them so-called right by committing these wrongs against others. It is stupid, and prideful. It is a self deeply entrenched in feelings of inferiority overcompensating through violence.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
If the kid feels pain in 15minutes, you probably are abusing them.

The goal of a spanking is to hurt their PRIDE, not their physical body.

If they bleed or you leave whelps that last a week, ya maybe that is abuse!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAmused
reply to post by John Matrix

It goes hand in hand with.
Don;t stick ya finger in that light socket.
They will try to do it then.

Y'know... When I was a wee one (around 2ish), I was told not to stick things in sockets. But that was not the end of it. I was told not to, and then... I was told WHY. My dad made it very clear that the sockets were a danger and how they were. I got a good picture, and just from that, years later, I was even fearful of plugging things in, until I got used to it.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
If the kid feels pain in 15minutes, you probably are abusing them.

The goal of a spanking is to hurt their PRIDE, not their physical body.

If they bleed or you leave whelps that last a week, ya maybe that is abuse!

Just curious... If you're doing something I don't like, can I hurt your pride? Is that how you would like to be handled?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join