It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You have every right in the world to whoop ya kid's..PLZ start I am sick of all the punk's

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+64 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I am talking about spanking's.
Growing up it was part of life...No big deal i did something bad ..yelled at my mother or father.
I got a butt whopping from a man i thought was gonna kill me..But i knew he wasn't but still it taught me valuable lesson's.

I am not saying whoop ya kid's but for spilling a cup of pop.
But whoop it's butt if it throw's it across the room at you while telling you to shut up or mad at you!!

Here read the law's for each state.
www.familyrightsassociation.com...
I will use my state as a example

KENTUCKY Parent/guardian/person/teacher with care and supervision of minor can use force if person believes force necessary for welfare of child and force is not designed to cause or known to cause a substantial risk of causing death, serious physical injury, disfigurement, extreme pain, or extreme mental distress. Sec. 503.110.[Cr.]

One can claim Physical injury in that law..back track's..Your right to discipline ya child with a whooping.
Yes a child will say it hurt..Extreme pain...A whooping/spanking wasn't designed to tickle ya know.

So it leave's a loop hole for child service's when a school teacher stick's her nose in YOUR parental right's. to raise your child as you see fit.

Here is a example of what i speak of.
www.corpun.com...
Couple found not guilty of abuse for using belt to discipline child

A school authority reported the incident to Child Protective Services after reportedly seeing the mark on the boy's arm and hearing the boy say he'd been "whooped." Kay and Woods were arrested and charged with a misdemeanor count of child abuse before being acquitted after an estimated 35 minutes of jury deliberation in Fairfield.

They was arrested For Disciplining there kid..All because a Some new age hippy type..Thought a timeout might have worked better.
Called child service's..
Got them arrested..
But found NOT GUILTY for abuse on whopping with a belt.

That is why EVERYONE is afraid of what our government has become in a nutshell.
You are flat afraid of being arrested for whopping your child.

I have heard it a million time's in my life.
Some parent say's "I can't handle So and So"....anymore!!!
Have ya ever spanked the spoiled brat?
"No to many law's they get a bruise i get sent to jail".

Or "I tried once the child said it was gonna call the law on me"

Parent's THEY are YOUR kid's..Punish them how you see fit.
But don't let other's that are to candy butted to spank there kid's make you feel guilty for doing what YOU deem you parental right!!
And don't fear Child Service's...It's yoru right as That child's reason for being in this world to whoop it.

Look at America's youth.
Roll back the clock to the 40's and 50's & 60's.
Children Did not stand on street corner's to disrespect women.
That was a butt whooping when dad found out.

In those day's they saw a old lady fall down..they didn't laugh and go OH SNAP!!!! and keep walking.
In those day's they saw a car wreck they stopped to help all they could.
not keep driving.
Because they was taught respect.

Our 90's and y2k Generation are flat spoiled gangster's and wanna be gangster's.
Smart of at random adult's.
Disrespect women in manner's not even thought of.
More gang's than one person can shake a stick at.
Raise in crime peti and felon's.

They have no respect for nothing.
They care about themselves and what can do for them.

And it all boil's down to they was not taught Respect..The way you wanted to teach them.
Because of fear of whooping your kid..and child service's.

So handle ya kid's so people don't have to hurt them later in life when they try to jump someone and get killed.

If ya Think ya should not never whoop ya kid...
You are spoiled yourself and are teaching it to your very child as you speak.
Think on it.
Thank's for reading.

Whoop some respect in your children..You weak link's are killing America's society.

There is a difference in Beating a Child and Whooping it keep that in mind and Watch how much happier your family and life in general is once Your child Learn's respect.

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
If I so choose to have kids one day, I will respect them. In doing so, they will hopefully respect me. I remember being a kid and getting whipped with the belt. It just encouraged me to not only continue, but to increase my mishaps.

Physical abuse, emotional abuse...it's still abuse. Treat you kid as an equal, and they will love you and respect you dearly. At least, this is my thought. I remember seeing my friends whose parents allowed them to make mistakes, but gently guided them when there voice was wanted. These were the most successful, and happy friends I had.

I appreciate your view, but think it's a bit flawed and out-dated. I think "punks" are more a result of collective pressures. It's a societal problem, not a familial one. Feed their mind with what interests them, and they will grow wise and successful.

To love is to accept entirely, both the correct and incorrect choices. I choose to love.

New age, ya think? Whatever. The labels are meaningless, IMHO.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The conspiracy is how many New parent's are not taught they have every right to whoop there kid's.

Have your seen a billboard on the side of the road"Whoop ya kid now teach them respect"?
No you see
Billboard's "Don't abuse your child"
Show's a picture of a kid with a black eye or something.

Stupid American's are naive.
They don't rationalize..
That kid in the picture got a BEATING!!!!

Not a whooping...

So yes We in America are being How can i say this.....
Made to feel like it's abuse to whoop ya kid's.
It's better to let them run a muck do what ever they want.
Law bring's them home "That's a time out mister"

Basically America's youth for the last 20 year's has become candy or weak
Everything is someone else's fault.
Even when a cop beat's them down...It was the cop's fault..

Can anyone else see this?
Or are you already blinded by the new age thinking of how thing's work?

Look at the Amish they whoop there kid's.
Have you seen a drive by shooting from the AMISH?
"You in my hood mininights "
Drive by buggy's.....

NO you don't they taught there kid's respect..and don't listen to all this new age timeout stuff they keep dishing out at you.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Worst one I ever got was talkign back to my mother and it was cauh on the answering machine

wooooweeee!

To this I am not reserved and I am terribly respectful to females...learned my lesson

The belt may be too much but when did spanking become so evil?

-Kyo

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
If I so choose to have kids one day, I will respect them. In doing so, they will hopefully respect me. I remember being a kid and getting whipped with the belt. It just encouraged me to not only continue, but to increase my mishaps.

Physical abuse, emotional abuse...it's still abuse. Treat you kid as an equal, and they will love you and respect you dearly. At least, this is my thought. I remember seeing my friends whose parents allowed them to make mistakes, but gently guided them when there voice was wanted. These were the most successful, and happy friends I had.

I appreciate your view, but think it's a bit flawed and out-dated. I think "punks" are more a result of collective pressures. It's a societal problem, not a familial one. Feed their mind with what interests them, and they will grow wise and successful.

To love is to accept entirely, both the correct and incorrect choices. I choose to love.

A whooping is not abuse you are spreading lie's.

There is NOW LAW saying using a belt on ya kid's butt for what ever reason you deem fit as a parent is abuse.

Yes show ya kid respect...But if there is no respect in return..You got a problem..no time out or grounding gonna help ya.

But saying it's abuse Is a Lie Period!
That is the new age thinking i am talking about.

Not singling your out or anything ..don't get mad.
But you got a butt whooping when you was growing up..it hurt and you learn..If it took a few time's you remember EXACTLY why you got whooped.

But now you are like i got whooped i will never whoop my kid.
It was abuse when i got whooped.
No it was not abuse.
If ya got beat..Ya that's abuse.

I thank my dad every day for whooping my butt.
I am sure he would have been able to sit me down go don't do drug's boy Drug's are bad MMMKAY...
i would have had a divine thought..I bet he is right..i see the error of my teenage way's now..thanks for talking me off my drug habit.

No he put me in my room at age 17 dared me to come out..
I sneaked out the window once..
Before my feet hit the ground i was getting that belt to my butt.
If i tried to fight him back he got me harder...

Worked like a charm..i saw the error of my way's.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero
Worst one I ever got was talkign back to my mother and it was cauh on the answering machine

wooooweeee!

To this I am not reserved and I am terribly respectful to females...learned my lesson

The belt may be too much but when did spanking become so evil?

-Kyo

Well in America a whooping is being called ABUSE.
by everyone ask around.

You will even see it relevant on this forum.

So i want to get to the bottom of it.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by TheAmused]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Well I know you mean well, but what you describe does not work in real life.

Kids actually WANT to have a parent that they know is in charge of the show, is running things, is bigger, smarter and mean if they need to be (my dad can beat up your dad). Kids have plenty of "equals" and friends growing up. They need you to be the parent. I recall a few times when I overheard my kids telling one of their friends "no, I'm not allowed to do that" or something along those lines, and although they feigned disgust to their friend, I could detect a pride also, that they had a parent that cared enough to set some rules. Too many kids they knew didn't have any rules. Rules take more energy than most parents are willing to exert these days. And ENFORCING the penalty for breaking those rules does too, if ya know what I mean.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by Bombeni]

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Cute. Just wait until you have kids one day.

They need boundries, not "friends" or "buddies".

If you truely love your kids then give them the oppourtunity to grow, but teach them limits, ethics, morals.

It's funny to hear people who don't have kids trying to tell those of us that do, how to raise them.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Me and my daughter (she's six), we're best of friends. When I become unhappy with her, I threaten her with tickles. She stops her behavior and chooses differently.

I feel there is no need to "whoop" a child of any age, and won't be if you behave towards them as you would have others behave towards you.

We hug a lot, and she asks my advice - which I give, but let her know that she must weigh what she does against the probable consequences and make up her own mind.

I have never had cause to "whoop" her.

And in fact, I think "whooping" is a sign of a lazy parent.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

This is your opinion, not fact.

I didn't lie. Please retract that statement. I expressed my view. Perhaps I'm just more sensitive than you. Any harm is abuse in my eyes.

Agree to disagree.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Wait until you have kids!

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Here, my friend, you are SOOO correct. I bolded the part that is especially true.

My book uses this fact, in part, and would be honored if you would read it. It's linked in my sig.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

A star and a flag. I totally agree. A nice butt whooping does a child some good. I am pretty sure a human beings common sense button is hidden somewhere in our behinds, and if you smack it hard enough it turns on.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

This is your opinion, not fact.

I didn't lie. Please retract that statement. I expressed my view. Perhaps I'm just more sensitive than you. Any harm is abuse in my eyes.

Agree to disagree.

It has been proven time and time again my friend.
In court's of law...
A whooping is not abuse.
A spanking is not abuse.

So sir you are giving a misleading statement when saying it is abuse.
It is not.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
This is an observation of mine, but I could be wrong. I think that parents who are more aware of how certain thought patterns and behaviors are related to later branching thought patterns and behaviors can get by without spanking their kids. They have the wisdom to guide them in the proper direction, in a very indirect way. Those parents who base their own decision making on the fear of punishment, who have no well-developed, rational sense of morality, but rather base their morality on an appeal to authority, they will have to spank their kids, and repeat the cycle. It is a delicate subject.

Edit: I believe spanking, at least with any regularity or ANY anger displayed, sows the seeds of fear. You are making your kid, unless they have the will to remove these shackles later, a slave to fear, a being who behaves in a way specifically designed to not get burned, but not designed to create anything greater. I do profoundly believe the fear is internalized, and a state of non-being, merely being a function of various corrections, ensues. I would rather a child grow up to be a balanced adult, and not afraid of someone "showing them who's boss." You have to examine the motivations of the parents as well, because many people feel powerless in the world, so heck, why not make my kids feels powerless. Even if the thought is not occurring consciously, which it probably is anyway, the thought will be lurking in the shadows.

[edit on 27-7-2009 by orwellianunenlightenment]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I believe in spanking children when they need it and it also depends on the age of the child. Children need to learn the meaning of "No" and sometimes I believe a child needs more than a timeout. At age 3 they could tolerate a spat on the hand or bottom and it would not hurt them but it would get their attention and know their behavior is not approve of by mom or dad. I have watched children who grew up without a spanking and they have been the worst acting children I have ever seen. There has been no consequences of their wrongdoing except a timeout or a soft voice pleading with them not to act with no respect for other people or things belonging to other people.
They grew up destroying household lamps, computers, brooms, just about anything in the household. They have stole from neighbors and taken mail from mailboxes. I can't help but believe that if those children had been given a spanking after their shenanigans, they might have been better children. There are no timeouts in adulthood and they will get a rude awakening when they reach the age of 18 or 21.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Nope, sorry.

For some reason I don't enjoy beating - err, sorry...whooping - children and threatening them with physical harm. Then again I'm not a parent and I'm not old, so different views, eh? I guess my views will magically change once I have kids, since according to this forum kids apparently make you violent.

You can enforce limitations, at least as far as limitations on kids go, without resorting to violence. Not that I'd dare to criticize any of these fine parents who beat, erm, whoop their kids because it's their god-durned right to inflict pain on their own children.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Well said, I as a kid was whipped alot, not because I was a bad kid but because My dad couldnt hold is Whiskey. Today as A father I tend to use whipping as a last measure, But you know with kids the push you until you have no choice. To some of you on here who like to treat your kids as friends wait till the get pass the age of 6 and get in there teen years.

Kids dont need parents that are there friends they need teachers. They will have plenty of "friends" growing up the dont need a grown up as there friend...

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I don't have kids, and I know how to raise them! *ahem*

You can teach them most of the lessons they need while they are still toddlers, and the lessons do stick. It's lazy passive parents waiting until they can't ignore problems that have to deal with a lot of them.

You spank them when they do something stupid/wrong that could hurt them or someone else - then they associate that action with the consequence of pain.

For everything else, you use consistent consequences and positive reinforcement. They are rewarded for good behavior, punished for bad.

Didn't clean your room? Well pack up your stuff and you can earn it back a piece at a time. Second it hits the floor, back to packed away.

Cleaned your room without having to be asked? Looks like you made plenty of room for something from the local thrift stores. Amazing how much letting a kid earn a little money and spend it encourages them to be proactive and self-aware.

Did something that made you really, really mad? Pretend to cry, act very sad. Not that hard to teach kids empathy, chances are they will try to comfort you from the first time you try it, and once again encourages them to be proactive and self-aware.

Throws a HUGE fit in public? Back away slowly, let them do their thing. Kicking, screaming, and stomping is a healthy, passive way for kids to vent their emotions. Once they are done point out to them they what they did was silly, and didn't get them what they wanted.

Says please please please can I have it please? Give in once in a while, teach them they can get what they want sometimes with sweetness, but never with anger or force.

Things like that. It's really not hard to figure out the right things to do, what is hard is to be consistent and never sway, so as not to teach kids how to be manipulative or blase.

When kids are brats/punks, I'm sure it's more often than not from lazy parenting - not being too soft on kids, but from being too disconnected in general.

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Since when does court law uphold the duty of being conscientious?

I act in accordance with my conscience, not (usually) with the law of authority.

Agree to disagree.

@ orwellian-- think you nailed it!

[edit on 27-7-2009 by unityemissions]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join