It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amish: A silent timebomb

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadDogtheHunter
You people are so damn clueless and naive, that its pathetic. YOU are whats wrong here, not me.

how can you be so angry about such a non-issue?

let's see here, we are in two wars (Afghani and Iraq), we have several more wars on the horizon (Iran and North Korea), our food is full of poisonous chemicals, the gov't is stripping everyone of their rights, the economy is going down the drain, people are starving, and the environment is being destroyed at a very fast pace

and all you want to rant about is how mean the Amish are?

and then you suggest we are clueless and naive?

entertaining yes, logical no

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
the govt is too busy arresting people for growing plants. they are at war with dandelions(marijuana, a plant is a plant) they dont have time to deal with real criminals. so I think that if you know of injustice happening, then GO WITH GOD, and "make it right"you know.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I really don't care about those things you listed, as I have no control over any bit of it, and you know what, most of it doesn't affect me or my family. And until it does....poof, I don't care. I'd rather worry about whats going on in my little region of the world, the stuff that DOES affect me, my family and friends, directly and immediately. (perhaps our government should take a little advice from that...stop worrying about BS in other parts of the world, and pay attention to your own backyard for a change).

If anyone wishes to be a little less lazy, spend a whole 10 minutes scouring the web about this subject, you will find many disturbing things that relate to my experience, among other Amish clans. I already know what I need to know, so I have no need to search the web for others similar stories.

[edit on 7/26/2009 by MadDogtheHunter]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by kettlebellysmith

I have never been arrested, I have never had a DUI, I have never had a problem keeping a job. The only problem I have ever had with the law is an occaisional speeding ticket

Well, i myself was never beaten.
I have never been arrested, I have never had a DUI, I have never had a problem keeping a job. I have never had a speeding ticket

Ergo: I win

As for building your own houses and growing your own food: everybody does that. It's called economy. Nothing to be proud of either.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

LMAO, I cant stop laughing at the thought of you being traumitized for life by the fact that you got whooped with a plastic baseball bat. She was just giving you a little common sense applied directly to your rear end or your legs.. Maybe she didnt have very good aim.
Didnt your parents ever spank you?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft

LMAO, I cant stop laughing at the thought of you being traumitized for life by the fact that you got whooped with a plastic baseball bat. She was just giving you a little common sense applied directly to your rear end or your legs.. Maybe she didnt have very good aim.
Didnt your parents ever spank you?

That deserves NO answers...this thread is NOT about me, duh.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Okay.

The thread's entitled Amish:A Silent Timebomb.

I've read and re-read your posts.

What's the timebomb ?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ulala

Okay.

The thread's entitled Amish:A Silent Timebomb.

I've read and re-read your posts.

What's the timebomb ?

The "timebomb" refers to the small explosion resulting from the collapse of Parts of the Amish community once the Law and the Courts actually DO something about their BS.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ulala

What's the timebomb ?

IMHO the Timebomb is the fascist attack on another people's way of life in it's entirety.

And the fascist attacks on these people are not silent, they are very loud.

Plus think of how unfair it is, the Amish do not use computers /Internet so they cannot even defend themselves from these vicious attacks.

So I and many others have to pick up the slack and defend them from the hate being spewed about them around here.

I live in PA now too, and all of the Amish I met were very nice and respectful people. I see far worse vices among us "civilized" daily.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Not sure why they don't pay taxes. Seems unfair since they benefit from government as do the rest of us. They use roads, bridges, etc.

Spanking is good. I have a degree in psychology, and advanced studies. I have 12 grandchildren. The ones that never get spanked are unruly. It takes discipline to get results in anything. Time outs and such work to a point, but eventually it may come down to spanking. I think it depends on the intelligence of the parent. If the parent is really smart, they won't need to spank except on very rare occasions. However, an average IQ or less is going to need to spank because they can't come up with the creative words and ideas that change the child.

The Attorney General of the great State of California rendered an opinion on spanking and said it's ok: www.scribd.com... Child Protective Services at the county level, however, will get you if you spank your kids.

[edit on 26-7-2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Plus think of how unfair it is, the Amish do not use computers /Internet so they cannot even defend themselves from these vicious attacks.

Oh Boo-freakin-Hoo....suppose thats my fault too right? Shouldn't bash those aliens or bigfoot, they can't defend themselves on here either...awwwww.

Oooops, I stooped to your level, my bad. I better elevate myself back up now.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadDogtheHunter

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Oh Boo-freakin-Hoo....suppose thats my fault too right? Shouldn't bash those aliens or bigfoot, they can't defend themselves on here either...awwwww.

Oooops, I stooped to your level, my bad. I better elevate myself back up now.

Really? There is alien and bigfoot bashing going on? Can you point out these things?

You obviously have a deep hatred for the amish. That much is obvious from reading this thread.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

No, I have no hatred for Amish in general....only those select ones I spoke of. Over the years, in my travels, I have met many other Amish people that were real decent. I have a feeling that the ones I have issues with, may have left their home area for a reason, probably because of their lack of morals that the Elder Amish expect of them.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Re-read page 1 please.

You clearly made multiple attacks on the entire "Amish peoples" in various ways. From calling them disease carriers, to saying that they practice incest.

You can't back peddle on page 4 and think we "clueless and naive" ATSers will buy that.

It sure is bizarre that the majority of the posters here are "what is wrong" and your views are mostly faultless.

Please think about what just took place here. And do not apologize to us, apologize to the people you condemned over the acts of a few other people.

I hope you have learned that prejudice is bad by now.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Oh go churn some butter. Your view is invalid to me.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
First of all the Harrison Ford movie you are referring to was not about the Amish but Jack Mormons, those Mormons in the Four Corners area of the United States who still practice polygamy and have nothing whatsoever to do with the Amish.

Like many cultures the Amish have a unique mindset based on their upbringing and communal situations.

I imagine they find as many things about your lifestyle as being repugnant to them as you do about theirs, with perhaps the only notable difference being they are prepared to not lobby for changing your lifestyle or punishing you for it.

Now you have touched on something extremely important in your posts that I think all Americans would benefit from knowing.

That is that the Amish seem to be outside the prevue of U.S. Law Enforcement.

They very well may in fact be but the reason they are is far more sinister and foreboding than you or anyone else seems to have hit upon.

They are in fact nearly proof positive that the corporate government of the United States runs and enforces Contract Law and not Constitutional Law.

These people are not contractually bound to the corporate government because from the moment of birth to the moment of death they create no contracts with the government or the government’s primary corporate entities that enable the government to have contractual jurisdiction over them.

Birth Certificate? No, it’s recorded in the family Bible.

Social Security Card? No, they community takes care of it’s own from cradle to coffin.

Driver’s License? No, they use horse powered buggies and walk.

Voter Registration? No, they elect their own leaders within their own communities and stay out of Corporate Government Politics.

Utility Services? No, they don’t use electricity, sink their own wells, take care of their own sewage.

As you look at how they live you will see that they follow Roman Holy Bible Scripture to a T even beyond what Rome or the Ultra Orthodox Jews do.

You will see that they do not ‘contract’ with the government in any of the enslaving ways that give the Corporate Government that supplanted our Constitutional Government at the end of the Civil War jurisdiction over them and you will see that as a result the Corporate Government has no jurisdiction over them because there is no enforceable contract that allows them to have jurisdiction over them.

In fact every area that you see the Amish participating in even nominally like safety lights on the back of their buggies to use State Roads at night first required negotiations between the Amish and the State in a way that makes the Amish true sovereigns unto themselves which is what Constitutional Government not Corporate Government was about.

You might not like their ways and it’s clear you have been traumatized by your child hood experiences with them and do not like or resent them.

Perhaps that’s because you are a SLAVE of the Corporate Government brainwashed into letting your emotions rule you instead of your intellect and a true sense of propriety?

Perhaps you just resent them deep down because you sense they are actually FREE and live by their own terms in their own way and your MASTERS can’t do one little thing about it because they do live with a true sense of propriety and exercise their intelligence in far deeper and meaningful ways?

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Ah beligerence..the last act of a desperate OP who has been found out

Let's look at reason here. Like the other poster I will play the game and say what you say about these 7 families is true. Every crime you discuss here is done by the 'English' every day and in mass. You tell us you have no issue with Amish in general but your psts, your title and your follow up speak to a much different view. It says to us that you were traumatized, and it's fine I feel for you I really do, but now you have become anti-Amish in general due to this incident. You can't bring up something like these anecdotal talaes and expect us to swallow them quickly without some scrutiny, especialy in a place like this. Wht do you honestly expect us to think when we read a title like you posted?

When people say timebomb they expect preperation, waiing, then mass destruction. Now, you have indeed put up some evidence about two stories and I am with you on that but there are thousands everyday from the 'English' that make those stories like a walk in candyland. No you don't owe us anything in the meas of proof but we owe you nothing in the means of belief either. If you come foward with an allegation then it is yours to prove and not ours to disprove. The fact is hat what you say could be true. There is a miniscule possiblity that the brunt of Amih people are mean and vile but the fact remains that you have shown us a few stories.

Look at this whole thing from our view. Look at the chronology. I am not doing this to be mean, rather to help you bring your cause out further and in a better light.

1. You name this thread Amish: the silent timebomb (this is a type of title meant to iduce fear or concern because ou have a concern)

2. In the beginning of your post you discuss a very painful memory (This starts the story out but instantly makes your readers startto note the very personal nature of the allegations)

3. You then make generalisations about all or most Amish (now we begin to delve into the idea that you were traumatized and possibly phobic)

4. You backtrack and say you don't have generalizations about the Amish (now your credibility starts to fal further)

5. You begin to rant about us attacking you (often when a traumatic experience is faced we become defensive and avoidant towards the issue. I used to suffer severe arachnaphobia. When I was approached I lashed out at everyone about it

6. Finally you fall into beligerence

What is the credibility of the stories here? Again let's say we all believe yours is true. That doesn't make the rest rue and it lends no influence to the geeralizations you made...

Let's compare (the 'thread and OP' I am about to write are totally fake...they are merely comparison)

Title: African Americans: The awaiting threat

When I was young I was brutally attacked by two black men. They beat me to the point the left scars.

They are all evil, mean, nast and brutish. They all eat fried cicken and smell horribly.

(several posts later)

No I don't have a problem with ALL blacks...

(several posts later)

You know what? Go eat your fried chicken. You must be black

That is not very far off from the way your posts carried on. What I just wrote is totally false and frankly made me ill to post already-known generalizations and steroetypes about black people but this is what some of us are reading from your posts and the OP and the title.

What if you had beenbeaten by a hispanic member or a black member or an Asan member. Would you have the same stories for us because as sure as you and I am breathing I can easily come up with hundreds of stories of black on white or hispanic on white or Asian on white violence. It is the exact same as what you posted but it doesn't mean black people are as I quoted above.

This is where you are hurting in these poss my friend.

-Kyo

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

So what was the point of posting your clearly bigoted rants and hate filled accusation about an entire community? Did you think you were going to get some praise for telling us that because of a few people who have done a few things you disagree with, then to make things worse you have generalised the entire Amish culture as being the same. Its not even like you can deny what you have said the evidence is there for all to see in the last 3 pages of posts!

Abuse, neglect and exploitation of children exists in almost every culture that has ever existed on this planet. You had a bad experience with seven family's, I hardly think they are going to dictate the moral stance of any other family with the same lifestyle and beliefs.

Lets face some facts here, you just don't like a particular group of of people for whatever reason and think they should be removed from the society around you. There was a large number of people in the first half of this century who wanted the same thing, we called them Nazi's.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Well, we may not agree, which is why we are not Amish, however, you forgot to point out one little detail i noticed in my travels where there have been big families of them. Their kids behave. I dont care if there's 5 or 25 of them in a family, they surely behave. They have manners (at least on the surface) and they make awesome fireplaces.

Something must be right about them.

"Soon, the annoying sounds of horse hooves on the paved roads echoed in everyones ears constantly every day"

This statement says a lot, something tells me that there is more to this.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by refuse_orders

Oh, now I'm a Nazi. Thats cool. What are you? A moron? Next insult please.......

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join