It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life Will Be So Much Better When Aliens Show Up

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chovy
I think it's time for a change from the work, sleep routine, time for an awakening to see we were meant to do more then go to work and come home everyday.

I think if aliens landed everybodys life would be much better, considering they were friendly. Sometimes I wish something big would happen to change the state things are in now, globally, it's not too pretty.

These aliens would be so advanced they could have an answer to all our problems. A cure for all the diseases, a solution to free energy and many others that would benefit mankind. Best of all there would be less skeptics.

Im sure if they're smart enough to travel here they're probably smart enough to negotiate. Wouldnt life be just great if they came today? I hope they land in my driveway!

They won't just Give us their tech.......We must earn it and show we are worthy of it and that are responsible enough to use it wisely...

With Great power comes great responsibility..........We are not a very responsible race..

We are young, ignorant and we think we know everything there is..

That should tell you enough that they won't just give us anything...

Why do you think we are leaked technology.......We don't have the moral restrain to handle Greater technology......

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow

but skeptics are sheep...

No...not really.

A good "skeptic" uses nothing but their own logic, insight, and life experiences when considering an issue at hand. They don't take anything at face value -- whether it be a report from an "alternative news source" or even one from the mainstream media...

...i.e., they don't believe what they hear unless it makes sense using logic and what they know about the world around them.

They don't simply repeat what they read on the internet, just because it seems to be an interesting story. They take the time to make sure the story and the sources behind the story checks out through multiple verifiable and reliable sources. One person posting a picture of a purported alien craft on the internet is not by itself a necessarily reliable source (although it may be if it were to be independently verified).

So, no....I don't see how only using one's own logic, not believing everything they read, and checking sources would qualify them as being "sheep".

In fact, I would think the opposite would be true -- they would be sheep if they were NOT skeptical.

EDIT TO ADD:
I never understood why the person who wants verifiable facts is called the "sheep", but the person who believes an anonymous report of aliens the read about on the internet is considered the "independent thinker".

[edit on 7/19/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Its funny, you say people are sheep, were mind-controlled... blah blah blah... well read your name buddy... that zeitgeist crap makes some good points, but in the end its just another bait and switch. Lets blame everything on RELIGION! BZZZT!! W-R-O-N-G

but anyway, what makes you so sure the aliens have nothing but the best intentions for us? You are making them out to be like angels or something. I see lots of people falling into this strange new pseudo-religion where aliens are practically worshipped as gods. Theres much more that points to them being BAD or at best NEUTRAL than them being goody two-shoes alien bosom-buddies with us.

[edit on 19-7-2009 by mostlyspoons]

[edit on 19-7-2009 by mostlyspoons]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
Why do you think we are leaked technology.......We don't have the moral restrain to handle Greater technology......

Perhaps when we can understand THIS we will be ready for contact

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Back to the title of this topic: "Life Will Be So Much Better When Aliens Show Up"...

Yes -- it will be great for us humans. I hear the aliens have even written a book about how they would be an aid to mankind...

....it's called "To Serve Man"

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chovy
skeptics are bad cause when you show them a picture of a UFO they're like, no that's not a ufo that's a balloon. silly skeptics.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by Chovy]

I beg to differ. A skeptic is someone who, being shown an odd image in a (usually blurry) photograph or YouTube video, doesn't immediately proclaim "Wow! It's an alien spacecraft!!!!", but rather, analyzes the image to determine whether there might be a more mundane explanation.

The skeptic can also be a cynic, who looks at the same image and immediately asks "Okay, who's making money / getting attention off this?", but should never be confused with the nitwit, who believes that any anomaly in any image, no matter how grainy the image or mundane the anomaly, represents high-resolution proof positive that Aliens Are Among Us!.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brother Stormhammer
I beg to differ. A skeptic is someone who, being shown an odd image in a (usually blurry) photograph or YouTube video, doesn't immediately proclaim "Wow! It's an alien spacecraft!!!!", but rather, analyzes the image to determine whether there might be a more mundane explanation.

Well then how would you analyze THIS 'alien' space craft on the Moon?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fa8131afebf2.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

I can see what you're saying, but I have to respectfully disagree with you. If they were friendly, things would not be pretty. There would be a big division of people. You'll have the ones who are embracing them with open arms, then there will be the ones who will want to kill them and steal their technology (I'm not just talking about the U.S government either), major religious wars would ignite all across the globe. A very big portion of the human population believes that man is the supreme being, everything else is under. They would not be to kind to aliens. Look how divided we are against races, look how we treat animals, as soon as we find an advantage, that alien race would get wiped out. We would be the Klingons, or the Borg, take your pick but our history describes us well, imagine a new frontier.

I for one cannot wait until the day aliens land here officially (friendly of course) because I agree that in time what you are saying will happen. But first, it's best we learn to figure things out ourselves, solve our own problems, instead of running to others to take care of our problems. That's the problem with humanity now, we don't want to solve our own problems, we want to sit and let (and hope) someone else to take care of them for us. Perhaps this is why they won't reveal themselves to us. They know of the chaos that could happen because as a race of humans we aren't mature to handle it yet, and they know humans will want them to solve all of their problems from technology improvements, to domestic problems. I think they are waiting until we mature.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

G'Kar

How'd you get that picture of George bush Snr??!

To the skeptics - don't be so touchy! baa

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

Can i just say im No skeptic but i agree with some of the postrs that they dont ?necissalery? have to be peaceful im sure you'v heard of cannibals and whole villages of cannibals "im talking the jungle not emmerdale" so whos to say if there is aliens visiting us that they all have morals i mean we have intelligence but compered to the light speed travelling galactic conqurers we may be just like apes or deer to them? i add apes as they have some inteligence maybe the gap between us and them is like the gap between us and the evil aliens

well i just had to add this before i go to bed, ill prob be dreaming about cannibal aliens now

so thanks lol

peace
e

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Sounds all Utopic and all, but... who says the aliens are going to be our friends? Considering the fate of less technically advanced cultures here on earth, I'd say there's a fair chance aliens would want to exploit us, not befriend us. Saying that highly advanced cultures would automatically be benign is not well-founded. Germany was the most technically advanced country in the 20th Century, yet they managed to murder millions of Jews, Gypsies, homosexuals, communists, and disabled people.

Aliens wouldn't solve all our problems. They might (theoretically) solve all our *current* problems, but having done that, we'd find we had brand-new problems to solve.

In the meantime, our own culture would be in a state of shock after being exposed to an advanced species. That could be a serious problem.

All in all, while I like the idea of aliens being the saviors of mankind, I prefer the notion of mankind saving itself. Call me an Earthist...

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
If Extraterrestrials were to come and just hand over their technology, they would be robbing us of our chance to demonstrate intelligent progression. Think about how they must have achieved their technology. Was it just given to them by another alien race? Probably not and if so, how did the 'giving race' acquire their tech? Did they receive it by yet another ET race? Seems like an endless paradox of generosity to me.

No, I think it is more logical to assume they earned their tech and so must we. And since most of us possess chemicals that create emotion, we are driven to seek an easy way to stimulate the chemical that produces the feeling of happiness. However I don't think we will be allowed a 'free pass' into a worry free lifestyle because every race in the universe has to earn what they can achieve. We will have the tech ET's have if we don't obliterate ourselves, and continue through trail and error. Maybe we'll even get a pat on the back for our efforts. Better yet, a kiss from an attractive ET female. Though I should probably assume she wouldn't have lips.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Read Intelligent Design

The Elohim wish to return and give us their knowledge - science that is 25,000 years ahead of our own -- but will only do so when humanity is ready to welcome them

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
It would certainly blow all these man made religions out of the water.....In fact the vatican recently said it's ok to believe that life exist out in the universe.....? At least they're trying to get into the 21st century unlike the others. Or do they maybe know somethings going to be revealed soon???....Don't forget Virgin galatic is getting ready to host public space flights???. Can the goverments keep a lid on little E.T. If joe public keeps seeing and photographing them????...Maybe it's the right time in our evolution to come clean and tell us all the truth before we decide to blow ourselves up???..What do you guy's think???........

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Right. Why is it so many seem to trust reptoids and other ghastly creatures as altruistic and kind beings ready and eager to bring us technology advances and present it to us on a silver platter? How fanciful! I often think, does this person do the same with a piss-ant crawling down their sidewalk? I doubt it. More likely than not, they squish the pest under their feet. Get the message?

Interesting isnt it? In fact much of the abduction literature seems rather terrifying and in fact more demonic than high tech. Moreover the 'aliens' always seem obsessed with Jesus, trying to deny the man and his mission. The victims are often told that the 'aliens' created Jesus, but now they have a 'better' way, etc. etc.

No sorry, I won't be trusting any stinkin' aliens in the near future. Not even when the mass deception occurs and the 'aliens' appear to show us who their annointed earth leader is.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
If Aliens did show up, I doubt they would concern themselves with making our lives better. They would help us better the world perhaps by hinting ideas. If they just magically changed the world in a day or week, would we really appreciate it?
You can easily look at someone's paper to get test answers but do you learn anything? No. It's far better to figure the problem out yourself than to have it handed to you.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

The US government has been dealing with ET groups for nearly a century in secret. Insiders are now telling us that Obama's administration is pushing for some kind of disclosure and the Black Ops community is not pleased at all. Apparently, there are plans to disclose three or four different races, all human in appearance, that we've had dealings with in secret for some time. Apparently, the air time has already been booked for sometime in November. There's also a plan for one of the G7 countries to help arrange a public landing, but this cannot be done without US approval.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I DO BELIEVE that mankind was influenced by, directed by, and genetically messed with long ago by a "ALIEN" encounter. Some of this evidence is to be found in the relics they left behind. Much of this evidence is in the form of megalithic structures scattered about the South American continent. Not that this is absolute confirmation that ALIEN BEINGS did in fact create these things, but, there is compelling evidence to suggest it...
As I read various books, I try to keep an open mind...however, I am inclined to agree with much of Zackariah Sitchins postulations. Not everything he writes, but, much of it.

My current take on "Something or Someone" being here before,is that it is probably took place. Are they visiting now? In a way!

I think that whatever they are, they are in no way benevolent...
I feel that what is being witnessed and encountered in recent times, are not the actual intelligences behind the scene. I think that many of the nasties being encountered are some sort of "biologically derived automaton" doing the bidding and dirty work for their masters.

The true masters learned long ago, that man cannot be trusted, and is a filthy disease ridden thing, that likes to kill things. So, they send in their ugly little clowns to mess around with us. These little beings are expendable. They are stamped out as needed, and destroyed once they have accomplished whatever it is they were created for.
Mankind too, was once thought of as some sort of pack animal, and labor force to be exploited. The problem was, man observed, learned, and outwitted his task masters. We turned on them, killing some, and making them vacate the planet.
I believe all religion is in fact based on ancient aliens encounters. Stone age man didn't understand what these things were, and was afraid of them. For good reason too, as it turns out.
I would imagine that, when ET approached a low browed, jut jawed cave dweller, only to be jumped and clubbed in the head by a fellow caveman, the initial contact wasn't very amicable. Early man left us rock art of his encounters...for us decipher later. I think they are warnings, telling us to watch out for these guys...
ET wanted things here on Earth...and he set out to get it, by whatever means. The end results being mankind revolted against and ousted his GODS.
Am I insinuating that true God does not exist? Not at all! But, ET was all to eager to assume that position, and willing to exploit that kind of thinking.
Mankind needs to understand his reason for being, and his place in the cosmos. The answer may never be known. I doubt it will ever be discovered.
Yet, I think that mankind has to be very wary of, allowing itself to be duped by something that is promoted as a modern age savior from the Netherworld.

Only man can save man. I doubt that he is able to do it. It is our nature to be self destructive. Unfortunately, that nature will take down the whole planet along with us.

What are extra-biological entities? What do they want? Where in hell are they from. UNKNOWN!
But ,my personal feelings tell me, DO NOT TRUST anything associated with these things. There is no evidence to point towards them being anything else but bad news. And since I believe all religion is based on some perverted distortion of the truth behind mans early encounters...we can see how that has worked out for us as well!
Man is lazy! He wants the easy way out...and wants someone or something to just hand him " mastery of the universe". Just how arrogant is that thinking? That is akin to calling ourselves "GODS". Someone else tried that long ago...and it didn't work out very well.
Real God has allowed us the freewill to think for ourselves. We each in our own way are mirrors and vessels of the divine spirit. The pure spirit is free of distortion.
Life distorts...beguiles...entices...hexes...and confounds. It is up to each of you to sort it out, and transcend it. E.T. isn't going to do it for you.

Early man warned us! Heed it.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Syrus Magistus

I see. If that happens, then the mass deception will follow soon after. Ugly times for us all I believe.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I hope first contact is not the same as that district 9 movie coming out. those aliens look like they could crush a human in a second.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join