It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life Will Be So Much Better When Aliens Show Up

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chovy
skeptics are bad cause when you show them a picture of a UFO they're like, no that's not a ufo that's a balloon. silly skeptics.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by Chovy]

You're confusing someone who is skeptical with someone who is closed-minded, its not the same. You see there are people like me who are skeptical of UFOs and don't buy wholesale into the idea that they are definitely piloted by aliens, or that they are abducting people or that reptilians rule the planet and some of the other new age nonsense that has become involved with UFOs. But at the same time I've seen a UFO myself and I've seen plenty of evidence to suggest there's something unexplained in our skies.

What UFOs are is open to debate, but the fact that they are there is verifiable and anyone who denies the existence of unidentified aerial phenomenon/UFOs is stupid, a good skeptic knows when to admit there's something to all this and that real science needs to be done but also knows when to question what they are told by the hardcore UFO enthusiasts and their wild ideas about being psychically contacted by two .ed beings from Atlantis

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

Do you go around in farms trying to save ants from flooding ? From predators? Teaching them engineering? Go around with a bag full of sugar on your back giving it for all the ants you could see ?

So why would ETs do what you're expecting ?

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bonekeeper

You would... if you had an Ant Farm

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Just because humans are primative does not mean they won't help us. Maybe they don't like killing stuff like humans do.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
reply to post by DGFenrir

but skeptics are sheep...

And we as a civilisation must reach "advanced maturity" in order for ETs to come here, otherwise we would have some gun totting religious nut shoot them because they are "devils" or whatever.

Autowrench:You are so right, many people would in fact take firearms and shoot at any ET craft they saw trying to land, and of course if it ain't Jesus, is must be demons in disguise for some of the religious nuts.

1st we must break the religious mind control that has inflicted so many.
2nd DISARM - period.
3rd Reclaim our freedom from corporations...that aim to control us all.

and then we have to step into a loving space and collective consciousness.

We have so much work to do, in so little time - before we stuff our planet.

[edit on 18-7-2009 by watchZEITGEISTnow]

Autowrench:I agree, it is time to break free of religious mind control, and realize that there is no reason to hate or kill because of differences in faith and names of deities, and for God's sake, stop killing each other. We as a race of people will never be invited to join any kind of galactic club as long as we kill and blow each other up every day of the year, and kill innocents in the process.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Wow, you my friend are in for a very rude "awakening" when the Dawn to your Wake comes.

People are SO willing to give their selves to anything that comes to "save" us, and the very fact that it's when we think we need saving we are our most vulnerable and therefore nowhere near the awakening God wants and hopes for us.

But I guess the aliens will give us all we hope and desire, right? Anything our hearts desire! Where accountability and responsibility are nowhere to be found anywhere on the planet, the aliens come, clean up our planet, raise our consciences, stop all wars, Peace and Love are finally realized and achieved and awaken us to the new spiritual dimension we all seek, even though we are human and cannot achieve certain levels of spirituality! Lord hallelujah! Praise be to the aliens!

How can you believe that aliens will save you spiritually when your physical human lives are in such disarray and riddled with impatience, selfishness, greed, and many other devices that prevent spiritual advancement? That's Satan's little trick my friends! He wants you to keep living your lives and hope someone or something will come and bail us out of the pit we dig for our souls -no need to worry about consequences because the aliens will bail you out in all physical and spiritual responsibilities. No consequences for our actions means we can do whatever we want, when we want! Praise be to the aliens!

Given the spiritual plateau you’re currently on, you will not listen to anything contained herein. But I write to speak out, instead of wasting my breath, because my written words can still teach those of you who are deaf.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChovyThese aliens would be so advanced they could have an answer to all our problems. A cure for all the diseases, a solution to free energy and many others that would benefit mankind. Best of all there would be less skeptics.
Don't you remember the last time this happened? The Kanamit's landed at the United Nations and promised all of us humans that they had the answers to all of our problems and wanted nothing in return, besides friendship.

Respectfully submitted for your perusal: a Kanamit. Height: a little over nine feet. Weight: in the neighborhood of three hundred and fifty pounds. Origin: unknown. Motives? Therein hangs the tale, for in just a moment we're going to ask you to shake hands, figuratively, with a Christopher Columbus from another galaxy and another time. This is the Twilight Zone.

"To Serve Man" isn't always a good thing!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JScytale
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Critics of debunkers state that their conclusions are filled with self-interest, and that they are crusaders and true believers with a need for certainty and stability. They (true believers) are readily identified by their cognitive distortions. (In the world of science, the term "cognitive distortions" is not a slur, but a psychological explanation).

OK so if I make up a hoax sighting like "2 leprechauns just walked through my back yard with a pot of gold but by the time I got back with my camera, they were gone" I can post that in a forum and some people will believe it with no evidence or proof. If I call those people "gullible lunatics" then the mod can delete my post for an ad hominem attack, but since saying they have a "cognitive disorder" isn't a slur, I can get away with that without having my post deleted? I guess I'll have to remember that! Thanks JScytale for the linguistics lesson!

As for what the skeptics think about UFO's, I'm sure different skeptics have different thoughts about the probability of aliens visiting earth. The only thing the skeptics all have in common is they would like at least a little shred of evidence other than a video with a fuzzy dot in it, or a hoaxed alien autopsy. Some skeptics probably think we'll never find any evidence because it takes too long to travel across the galaxy traveling the speed of light. Other skeptics like me, would LIKE to see aliens visit earth, but ONLY if they are friendly. And I try to keep an open mind about how friendly they might be if they visit is. They could be very friendly, and helpful, or they could be neutral. Or......

Originally posted by bonekeeper
reply to post by Chovy

Do you go around in farms trying to save ants from flooding ? From predators? Teaching them engineering? Go around with a bag full of sugar on your back giving it for all the ants you could see ?

So why would ETs do what you're expecting ?

Good question. If ants invade my kitchen and eat my food I pull out a can of raid and exterminate them without a second thought.
So what if the aliens who visit us see humans the same way humans see ants? I ask that question in direct response to the OP.

By the very nature of the fact that they are "ALIEN" it almost by definition infers that they are likely to be different from us, so I don't think we should make assumptions that they will be good and helpful, evil and malevolent, or neutral friends. Seems to me like they could be any of the above and we won't know until we know (most of us anyway, if some of you have had contact with them, then maybe you know, but the rest of us who haven't are still wondering if you have a cognitive disorder or if they really did contact you).

That's no slur against anyone who has seen lights in the sky at night, lots of people have seen those and can't explain them, but we don't know what they are. In that case, you would only have a cognitive disorder if you automatically believe the lights are of alien origin without considering other earthly possibilities, like military black projects.

Originally posted by Rasputin13
"To Serve Man" isn't always a good thing!!!

My thoughts exactly, I thought that was a book on how they could help us, and it turned out to be a book on how to cook us? Only sci-fi but still a lesson worth remembering!

[edit on 18-7-2009 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
Provided they understood human biology well enough. If, for example they were a reptilian, avian, cephalopod, or some other type of being we have yet to dream of, their understanding of human genetics, biology, and diseases would probably be a bit behind us.

juuuust like we're completely clueless of the biology of birds right?

-

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasputin13

Ever notice in Ancient Sumerian?/Babylonian artifacts there are many statues found of plump torsos?

"Dinner is Served"

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Their veterinarians might, in your example, but who's too say they have primates, or mammals, or are even carbon based?
Or, that the animals they've experienced with are at all relatable to earth critters, despite being analogous.

The way I see it, if aliens visit, they'll feature one of four probably roles. Galactic hippies, the saviours everyone hopes for, traveling through the stars promoting health and goodness.

The conqueror/raiders. From multiple reasons, they could be raiding planets for supplies. Possibly part of a fleet of those hypothesized generation ships. Or expanding their conquest and don't see the need for a show of false pacifism to fool their conquests.

Galactic anthro/biologists, which seems to fit the theme of most alien abductions. Studying, but not actively interfering with developing cultures. Personally prefer these.

Third possibility I see is more like the conquers, only more subtle. They wait, or possibly cause a mass event, rocking the developing culture. Then they come in and "save" the survivors. Taking those that most seem likely to obey them, gaining a group that is nearly completely subservient to them. A elegant slavery.

And many more, no doubt, that would be beyond our understanding, but just from what I've read, as well as some models based on our own possible scenarios as a race, these are what I figure.

Humanity is itself young. We are still developing. You liken it to a sick or ill person being helped by another. I liken it as to being given responsibilities after child hood.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Life will be better for the aliens you mean, when they have a fresh source of souls to feed their insatiable appetites. Why have we replaced God with little green men or even worse with the state? Do you think a government run by corrupt men or even aliens can create a paradise on earth?

As for me I will trust what the Bible says on the issue. Man's attempt to throw away God and create his own paradise on earth will result in a living hell of a dictatorship, followed by a conflagaration that will almost wipe out the human race. Other than that, the future looks bright.....

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
One theory sprang to mind some time ago...

What if we are merely a pond?

Back in school days we used to go for a few weeks to a summer school for nature study...

They had a huge pond with frogs and other life forms. Students would take samples for study and even dissect frogs...

So when you look at all the abduction stories all these years you have to wonder, why would aliens need to redo the same tests over and over for decades?

Well they would... IF every year, like the science school at the pond, there is a new class of students

Cattle mutilations may be the first course, while human study is the advanced course... and if your subject dies... you fail the semester

Alien Exo-Biology Class of 2009

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by DGFenrir
IMO we need more skeptics. I don't want to live in a world full of sheep..

But aren't the skeptics who toe the party line and only believe what the government and NASA tells them to be true not the REAL sheep?

Its the people in between, those that can see both sides ogf the fence that we need more of

As to Aliens making things better? If I was them I would exterminate the hu-mans and let the planet return to its natural beauty

Nope. You got the definition all wrong. The skeptics ARE the ones in the middle. It's the biased/blind ones that you're referring to but I wouldn't call them skeptics..

Skeptics question everything. Blind/biased "skeptics" deny everything and biased/blind believers believe everything.

Peace

[edit on 19/7/2009 by DGFenrir]

[edit on 19/7/2009 by DGFenrir]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
reply to post by Chovy

Why would aliens do that?

If we can't take care of ourselves, why should they come to clean up our mess, or take responsibility for us?

A cure for all the diseases

Provided they understood human biology well enough. If, for example they were a reptilian, avian, cephalopod, or some other type of being we have yet to dream of, their understanding of human genetics, biology, and diseases would probably be a bit behind us.

Best of all there would be less skeptics.

Why, exactly? You'd abandon yourself to the aliens without any thought?

The aliens themselves would probably be pretty healthy skeptics, seeing as how they'd have had to work out the theories and principles behind father than light travel, or extended living in a space craft.

I understand your trying to rationalize certain things and put them in perspective, but you sir, (and forgive me for saying this) are un aware of the consciousness of extra- terrestrial life.

not all extra terrestrials have physical (flesh) form, there are beings of light, among other things. Not every alien race flies saucers and abducts humans.

As a matter of fact, I bet you have come very close to an extra terrestrial and didnt even know it, why? BECAUSE you cant see EVERYTHING, no one can.

We breath oxygen, but whens the last time you saw it going into someones mouth?

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Back in school days we used to go for a few weeks to a summer school for nature study...

They had a huge pond with frogs and other life forms. Students would take samples for study and even dissect frogs...

So when you look at all the abduction stories all these years you have to wonder, why would aliens need to redo the same tests over and over for decades?

Well they would... IF every year, like the science school at the pond, there is a new class of students

Cattle mutilations may be the first course, while human study is the advanced course... and if your subject dies... you fail the semester

That's an interesting thought too. Reminds me of a Twilight Zone episode, except the humans were abducted and treated more like pets, that really big aliens were playing with. (Stopover in a quiet town-the ending begins at 6:20 but you can start playing the video at 9:00 and just watch the last 90 seconds

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
Life will be better for the aliens you mean, when they have a fresh source of souls to feed their insatiable appetites. Why have we replaced God with little green men or even worse with the state? Do you think a government run by corrupt men or even aliens can create a paradise on earth?

As for me I will trust what the Bible says on the issue. Man's attempt to throw away God and create his own paradise on earth will result in a living hell of a dictatorship, followed by a conflagaration that will almost wipe out the human race. Other than that, the future looks bright.....

Right. Why is it so many seem to trust reptoids and other ghastly creatures as altruistic and kind beings ready and eager to bring us technology advances and present it to us on a silver platter? How fanciful! I often think, does this person do the same with a piss-ant crawling down their sidewalk? I doubt it. More likely than not, they squish the pest under their feet. Get the message?

God has left us an abundance of evidence of His being and love for us and yet people would prefer some disgusting creature from the pit of hell to enlighten them. The scriptures come to mind that speak of these people as having "itchy ears", “preferring darkness to light" and "believing a lie and bringing damnation to their souls".

Wake up folks. Aliens do exist. I believe they are evil, deceptive, fallen angels (demons) ready to lead many to accepting a lie and bringing destruction to themselves and those they love. Look around you, Are you encouraged by what you see? Time to smell the coffee, my friends. Choose truth and shun fantasy and deception.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   

I'll just mix your theory with one I had awhile ago. Suppose there is an advanced human civilization out there, very powerful human beings who have reached their full potential because of centuries of development. Think telepathy, telekinesis, remembering past lives, all kinds of "supernatural" powers.

They happen to be at war with other species and one of those species once took a bunch of people as POW's, put them on this planet deep into their territory and wiping the POW's memory clean, making them believe they are on the only planet with the ability to support life in the universe. Without the knowledge of our ancestors we would never be able to reach our full potential, to harness all our powers but at the same time we would resemble the humans of the larger species enough to use for training and gathering information on the human spirit so they will learn how to fight humanity.

So basically we're part of the military academy of some alien species that differ so much from us we can't even see their actions. Each year new cadets come here, they enter our minds through our dreams and learn how to fight us in a safe environment. Every few centuries when humanity is at it's peak and just about to advance they wipe our memories, destroy and bury our buildings and make up some story for the survivors (ie. flood, ice age etc).

If this was the case, whose side would you be on if the aliens did this out of selfdefense, if the human civilization turned out to be like the Nazi's attacking the aliens? And ofcourse if they would ever show up and tell us this, would we believe them (who started the war first?) since we have no means of checking for ourselves?

Or, as an alternative scenario, what if the alien species already destroyed the human civilization and we are the last of our kind, saved purely for scientific purposes by the victor, just as keeping an ant farm.

[edit on 19/7/2009 by Dragonfly79]

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Codazzle

We breath oxygen, but whens the last time you saw it going into someones mouth?

Well, seeing as I included body types we can't even imagine at this point, I'm going to be a bit snarky at this point.
I've seen spectrograph recordings of peoples breaths that showing the oxygen content of exhalation, as well as C2O, Nitrogen, and other trace gasses. More towards the point of person observation, I've been in a cave system filled with dead air, I've seen and felt lungs expanding and balloons filling with air.
I've seen animals in a jar suffocate, I was a kid at the time and didn't know better.
So, from observation and effect I can pretty conclusively state a basic case for the existence of oxygen.

And all that of course is not counting smoke inhalation or bubbles.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
1. Aliens would visit when we are advanced enough - I believe our first spaceflight was when they got interested in us. 2. Our planet, our wars, our diseases, our problem. 3. I do believe they would help us in space flight development, not tell us, but give us a nudge in the right direction. 4. We join the other et's in space, at a place called the citadel, i get elected to a spectre and fight off the geth.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join