It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Only God Thread. Why, If God Is Our Father, Doent He Intervene So We Dont Die Or Suffer?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

They're looking for God and you have sent them on an Easter egg hunt in search of religion.

Please ignore that guy/

If you want to find God take some hallucinogenics, meditate, pray or anything except reading books or texts of any kind that were undoubtedly written by Human Men.

God save us from the evil cancer that is Religion.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

They didn't have apples in the Middle East; the fruit was most likely a fig.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by T0by
Even that could merely be a mental byproduct of simply being human, not knowing wth is going on and wanting some answers.

The concept of god could have also been the delusional side affect of eating too many fermented apples.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by contemplator

Originally posted by Totakeke
reply to post by contemplator

Bad things happen in the world because man fell into sin. As soon as Eve ate that fruit we fell into sin, and that's why there's evil in the world.

Well, damn.. god is very just to punish billions of people over the actions of 'eve'. Can you not comprehend how ridiculous this sounds? Unbelievable. This is everything that is wrong with humanity, pure irrational delirium.

I agree. I often sit and ponder how people can believe this. What parts of their reasoning have they closed off and how do they view the world.

If i were religious the world would be one hell of a weird and scary place.

......Ok it is already.

But at least i'd be able to try to make sense of it without this cloud of judgement over my mind.

Religion infiltrates every aspect of your reasoning process in regards to the larger issues in life.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   

I must've said this somewhere before but I'll say it again. God does not punish people for sinning, unless they totally reject Him.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Haha... The fruit eve ate was not an apple...that was in the picture bible only lol

Which lest I forget....is a load of old regurgitated folk laws and fairytales from the preceding 1,000 years when it was written.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
First,
I'd like to say, I've starred and flagged this thread.
FINALLY, someone has a set big enough to post this question !!!

GOOD JOB !!!

That being said, I was raised catholic and the church explained a few things to me that never made sense.
1. God is a loving god and we are his children.
If a father here on earth were to treat his children the way god did, they would be taken away by social services.
God, if exists, is NOT a loving god. What kind of God would allow his children to run amock, committing atrocities of all kinds including flying planes into buildings.

2. We can never hope to know the mind/designs of god.
This is what's known as a crap excuse as they can't give you any type of reasonable answer so this phrase is used in hopes to simply shut you up.

3. We have free will.
Another crap statement to place blame on us.
We all don't have free will claimed by the church and here's why.
Let's say person A is being held up by person B. Person B uses his free will to rob person A and then shoots person A. Does person A have the free will to not be robbed and shot? Of course not !

Of course there are many more examples.

Is there a god? I don't know. I haven't seen any evidence yet.
If there is, the evidence seems to show, he's a pretty crappy parent.

link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus

Originally posted by T0by
Even that could merely be a mental byproduct of simply being human, not knowing wth is going on and wanting some answers.

The concept of god could have also been the delusional side affect of eating too many fermented apples.

I'm sure back then, people would have been experimenting with eating all kinds of stuff.

Toads, mushrooms, certain weeds....
I think fermented apples would have been the least of their worries there.

This post is going to be deleted isn't it.

link   
reply to post by bonsaisert

A lot of things were written thousands of years ago. So just because something was written a few millennia ago we should just completely reject it? That the Bible has stood the test of time just proves how strong of a book it is.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Totakeke]

link   

I must've said this somewhere before but I'll say it again. God does not punish people for sinning, unless they totally reject Him.

Right.. the old paradox returns. God is loving and just so gives us free will.. however if you embrace this 'free will' and reject God you then burn in hell for eternity. Nice.. 'free will' on who's terms? pffft.. I totally get you now. You are trolling because no one could have the mentality you do. Congrats, it's working.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   

God does not punish people for sinning, unless they totally reject Him.

Stop calling it "Him" Man. In doing so you imply that there is a gender he lacks hence detracting from the total greatness of the concept. I'm not religious so I think I have a less deluded more modern and personal concept of God as opposed to having to learn how to know God from a book.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Totakeke

The bibles that the churches WANTED to stand the test of time have stood the test of time you see. Its a power game

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

If there is, the evidence seems to show, he's a pretty crappy parent.

A bad parent to the physical body, yes.
To the soul/spirit? I doubt it.

And noone has any idea of what their soul wants or needs.
Who is to say it is not provided for it via experience, both good and bad?

p.s - I like offering opposing views, sometimes even if i don't believe them myself.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by T0by]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by count66
reply to post by dgtempe

1) God made man and woman in paradise (Adam & Eve in the Garden of Eden) where there was no suffering, no death etc. All of this was granted to man on one condition - that Adam or Eve didn't take any fruit from the Tree of knowledge - but as we know she did and the consequences were that all of Adam's & Eves seed - i.e. me and you would have paradise removed from us and we now would taste of disease, death and hunger.

1. Every Human Being is going through evolutionary process in his mothers belly:
- you were a single celled organism
- then you had have gills
- then fur
- only after that you started to look like a human being
2. If it would be true, why all knowing god would put a talking snake and a forbidden tree in the same garden Adam and Eve lived? He is supposed to be everywhere, why didn't he prevent this from happening? Why didn't he look after the snake, so it does not approach Eve?

Do you think it was deliberately?
Does god have some sadistic pleasure in watching their children suffer and the tree was just excuse?

2) God has given every human being free will - hence Eve's ability to choose to eat the fruit from the tree of knowledge - this free will however often results in man being very inhumane to other men and inflicting great suffering through war, crime etc on their brothers and sisters in the Human Race.

The cause and effect is just wrong - knowledge does not cause inhuman behaviour. Greed, selfishness, hate - all that causes wars, crimes and so on.

You have free will and you can choose to be free from any mental state - stress, worries, anxiety, hate... some people do, that means you can do it as well. It is your choice. No god (or whoever) can force you to feel connected and part of this Universe and energy all around us.

3) The bible mentions that on this earth it is not a kingdom ruled by god but by Satan and if this is the case and Satan is the greatest evil as the bible says he is then of course this earth is a terrible place full of pain and suffering.

Earth has no suffering - Earth is doing just brilliant. Been here for billions of years and will be for another few. A person is suffering because it chooses to. No satan or god is forcing human being to suffer - it is your way of life. If you suffer then you probably like it, otherwise you would choose not to suffer and replace your suffering with Love, for instance (I am talking about mental suffering, not physical, because in most of occasions it is a temporary nuisance anyway).

4) however, there is hope - God sent his only son Jesus to accept the punishment and death due for every sin that ever was and ever has been committed by mankind. Jesus took the pain, suffering and death upon the cross so that our suffering may one day end. We are clearly told in the new testament that all we need to do is accept Jesus as the son of god, and the fact that he died for our sins and then that salvation shall be ours.

Jesus will not save you nor anyone else will. You have a freedom choice, as stated before - you can choose to convert your life so it is full of joy. Jesus have no rights to force you to be loving, caring, sincere and live in harmony.

In other words our suffering will end when Jesus returns to establish gods kingdom on this earth. At that point all who accepted Jesus will be raised from death to ever lasting life in paradise.

This is most insane quote I have heard today.

Dude, I would say - EAST MORE FROM THE TREE OF KNOWLEDGE - that will set you free from spreading closed mindedness.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by FIFIGI]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   

God gives us free will because He wants us to love Him, but he can't force us to love Him. People go to Hell because they reject God and die unsaved. God can't have sinners in Heaven.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Why not blame Satan for that?
It's been said that it's incomprehensible that God would do these things and yet no one seems to blame the old "lover of misery and death" himself.

It seems more Satans Modus Operandi than Gods.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Flighty]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by bonsaisert
Haha... The fruit eve ate was not an apple...that was in the picture bible only lol

Well, ha, that was the version they attempted to indoctrinate me with before I took control of my own mind back. BTW, I concur with your earlier post .. swallow some fungus and go sit in the forest and search for god all by yourself. I do think one has a better chance discovering the truth that way than in some $50 leather bound book while sitting in some haunted house with some creepy organ music is playing in the background while priests go about abusing alter boys after they made their rounds collecting god tax from everyone.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Now you sir are my kind of Human

And yes also good point...if God is there to be found, don't you think it can be found for free?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by bonsaisert

As far as I know you can still find the original texts written in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek, the original languages used.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Totakeke]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   

They didn't have apples in the Middle East; the fruit was most likely a fig.

Apples, figs, what kind of knowledge can be gleamed from those? Could have been a mushroom too, because that makes a lot more sense to me.
Now that is something science could probably test.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join