It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Only God Thread. Why, If God Is Our Father, Doent He Intervene So We Dont Die Or Suffer?

page: 42
<< 39  40  41   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I'm of the "Ask and you shall receive, good gifts, ect" complaint dept. I asked. I asked honestly and truly for 2 things- and I was not only denied, I was tortured. I have heard nothing from El God-o, minus what his followers have crammed down my throat. And that conflicts across the board, but with the same underlying message: "God doesn't really give a flip, and neither do we. Shut up and go away" .

I used to try and please God... Now- if the almighty appeared in my living room, I'd grab the first blunt object in here and attempt a bludgeoning.

I am hurt, disappointed, horrified, alone, upset, angry, frustrated and confused- I have a bag fulla church cliches, another full of empty promises, and NOTHING ELSE.

[edit on 11-7-2009 by wylekat]

posted on Jul, 11 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Have you not heard? He's too busy keeping his 16,108 wives happy. By now he's probably a very tormented soul.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

I want to say something comforting but don't know where to start.

In my opinion, God is the most ruthless of beings. As a believer, my relationship with God does not always involve me having reason to give thanks and praise or any other form of worship. Sometimes I just hate Him, and I tell Him so.

posted on Jul, 13 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by teapot

In my opinion, God is the most ruthless of beings.

I cant help but point out how a lot of Christians are just like that (I can see from your post you're not one of those). I keep hearing "Jesus should be seen in a Christian"- Have you noticed how many of them are ruthless? Things that make ya go "Hmmm"....

As a believer, my relationship with God does not always involve me having reason to give thanks and praise or any other form of worship. Sometimes I just hate Him, and I tell Him so.

Y'know- I think God would rather hear an honest, screaming, cussing tirade than a forced smile and fakery....

I am glad to know I am not the only one who feels this way. I often have heard "How can you HATE God??!"... I list the reasons. I am then told I am demon possessed, hell bound, insane- you name it, and I end up being avoided like I am radioactive AND a plague carrier! I know I am probably well known for my anti Christian, "I hate, loathe, and utterly despise God" stance- Thing is- this didn't happen overnight. This was a gradual process- and a good % of it was from the way I was treated at church, by my ex boss and his daughter, various pastors and ministers... And a couple of those *insert expletives of your choice here* trips to the big, fat televangelists. If I never had any of the other ruin me- THAT contributed a LOT. I never saw such a scam in all my life- and I hope never to ever again.

I want to say something comforting but don't know where to start.

Don't feel bad. The actual few Christians I can say actually do like they SHOULD and not like the rest of the herd are completely stumped. Not a one can get an answer from God on this, Not a one can find any fitting words of comfort- and at least I get the 'satisfaction' of that. I cant call what I get actual comfort, and satisfaction isn't quite the right word, either- but it's close. Maybe it's the fact I *do* get a measure of 'comfort' by their honesty. I'll take an honest answer over a bucket of worthless, preprogrammed nonsense any day of the week.

[edit on 13-7-2009 by wylekat]

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I forgot one other tidbit to add to this already foul pile of manure- the fact that I have been told time and again how God will listen to one fast prayer of 'leave me alone' a LOT more than YEARS of pleading for anything else. I even asked about that and had the pastor repeat the answer 3 times to make sure my ears hadn't started to malfunction. Basically- any deity that does that isn't worth my adoration or attention except to vent with all the hatred I can muster. And- oh yes... I can muster plenty.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
stop looking at it as if god loves you look at the exact opposite, were gods children!!? stop being conceded!! we are gods toys, god created us mind, body, and soul that makes us gods property, to do with what god will. for all any of you know god became tired of his toys and put us on a shelf, then besides that what does are suffering mean to the ultimate being anyway if we die where with god or hell. another thing is if we are made in the image of god and we have the potential for ultimate good or evil it would be dumm to think god cant do the sam. we enjoy waching people suffer on tv well we are gods tv. GOD HAS THE POWER TO BE THE DEVIL

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41   >>

join