It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Only God Thread. Why, If God Is Our Father, Doent He Intervene So We Dont Die Or Suffer?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

You should never hate anyone for sinning; we've all sinned. The sin you're talking about is original sin.

The tree in the Garden of Eden wasn't some kind of "trap", it was put there because we had the free will to either obey or disobey God. God put it there because He can't force us to love Him; we have to do it willingly.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by contemplator

God isn't sadistic, He is loving and just.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totakeke
God put it there because He can't force us to love Him; we have to do it willingly.

Okay, but he could have given us some reason to love him. And, if the threat of eternal hell ain't some kind of force, manipulation, then I don't know what is. Heck, not even I would condemn my children to eternal hell if they chose to not LOVE me. Love ME? What an egotistical megalomaniac deity. "Love me, OR ELSE!" Yeah, lol, sure, if you say so, lol. All I have to do is look around at all the little children in those poverty nations to realize that your god apparently doesn't love us! God help god the day our paths ever cross, ha.

Ya know, what I really want to know is do you people that preach this dogma really think all that hogwash is actually true? I mean, ya'll do just call it a belief, and a belief does not mean it's true .. so, what's the deal here? Just WHY do you all believe in all that nonsense? It all sounds so disturbingly disgusting. And, after all, the bible is it's just a dang book. How do you know that you all aren't worshiping some kind of false deity, one invented by egotistical man and his egotistical church empires? How do you know you're not being fooled? Have you ever thought to deprogram yourselves of this nonsense and use your own minds to discover the truth, instead of inheriting these hand-me-down primitive and unbelievable stories, mere beliefs? Do you believe everything someone tells you, and if not, why believe in such unbelievable egotistical nonsense?

Really, what if the bible god IS a grand deception, and the biblical god is one of those false idols? And, with so many different religious, each with their own version of god (some 4000+ to date), how do you know you are worshiping the correct one? Only one of those 4000+ religions could possibly be correct, at most, and if 3999 are wrong, why not all 4000 of them? Does one really need a bible to find and know the real god? Which book of dogma is the real deal? Seriously, what if you all are being deceived by the evil churches in the world? Remember 3999 of them religions are dead wrong. How do you know you're hanging with the right religion and their version of god?

Wake up people, deprogram yourselves and set your mind free. Is the real god playing hide and go seek in a religion, in a church?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

the christian religion also tells us to pray..but why if we have free will?

you cant have prayers being answered and a god that intervenes and free will and a loving god who takes care of us.

in this life he doesnt take care of us...just take a look around at the suffering in the world.

so..we pray that he helps the poor...if he helps he takes away their free will..if he doesnt hes saying that praying is ignored.

god also tells us to resist temptation and then goes on to tell us that we will be rewarded for our faith in him with eternal life in paradise...pretty much the biggest temptation or gift anyone can offer.

so..what shall we do?..ignore this temptation as we are told we should..ie..be atheists?..does this mean atheists are the righteous?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Because him and his angels left Earth on a spaceship thousands of years ago, and believe you me they are not some super holy all seeing race.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totakeke
reply to post by contemplator

God isn't sadistic, He is loving and just.

Let me send you to an African village plagued with drought, famine and Ebola. You can bask in the death and praise your just God.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by contemplator]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Okay, but he could have given us some reason to love him. And, if the threat of eternal hell ain't some kind of force, manipulation, then I don't know what is. Heck, not even I would condemn my children to eternal hell if they chose to not LOVE me. Love ME? What an egotistical megalomaniac deity. "Love me, OR ELSE!" Yeah, lol, sure, if you say so, lol. All I have to do is look around at all the little children in those poverty nations to realize that your god apparently doesn't love us!

It's the other way around. Hell isn't a threat, it's a warning. God can't have sinful beings, humans, in Heaven. It wouldn't be possible. That's why we have to accept Christ's gift of salvation.

Ya know, what I really want to know is do you people that preach this dogma really think all that hogwash is actually true? I mean, ya'll do just call it a belief, and a belief does not mean it's true .. so, what's the deal here? Just WHY do you all believe in all that nonsense? It all sounds so disturbingly disgusting. And, after all, the bible is it's just a dang book. How do you know that you all aren't worshiping some kind of false deity, one invented by egotistical man and his egotistical church empires? How do you know you're not being fooled? Have you ever thought to deprogram yourselves of this nonsense and use your own minds to discover the truth, instead of inheriting these hand-me-down primitive and unbelievable stories, mere beliefs? Do you believe everything someone tells you, and if not, why believe in such unbelievable egotistical nonsense?

I don't know whether or not I'm right, I trust that I'm right. That's why it's called faith. I just believe.

Really, what if the bible god IS a grand deception, and the biblical god is one of those false idols? And, with so many different religious, each with their own version of god (some 4000+ to date), how do you know you are worshiping the correct one? Only one of those 4000+ religions could possibly be correct, at most, and if 3999 are wrong, why not all 4000 of them? Does one really need a bible to find and know the real god? Which book of dogma is the real deal? Seriously, what if you all are being deceived by the evil churches in the world? Remember 3999 of them religions are dead wrong. How do you know you're hanging with the right religion and their version of god?

There's no way of knowing, it's a belief. Well, there are some little hints here and there, such as all of the Bible prophecy being fulfilled before our eyes. But most of it is faith.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Anyone seen the film A.I ?

The one gift God gave us ( if you believe in GOD that is !) is free will.

Without free will we would just be robots, that means that some of us decide to act in such a way as to cause harm to others.

But if you take away free will, then we are nolonger individuals and we become nothing more than a collective of beings doing what they have been programmed to do ! Which to me is even more scary !!!

I can be me, and I live by a moral code which means that I won't use my free will to cause distress to any living person ( within reason...I'd protect myself and those I love even if it meant hurting another person ...but only in self defence)

Hope that answers the question as to why God ( if he exists ) doesn't come to our rescue although you could argue that death is his idea of a rescue !!

Love and learn xx

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Totakeke

IMO N0 person has EVER sinned. "Sin" is a christian concept. Sin was invented to put people under control. "Be good or god will get you""

There is no god, only a human construct that was put forth to describe things we can't yet understand.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by HERACAT

God doesn't "get you", sin does. God wants people not to sin (as much as they can; it's impossible to be sinless) and wants them to accept Him.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Dang right!
Said it WAY better than me....

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
You're going to get all kinds of replies here, trying to put a label on god.
But you can't.

Try to stop thinking in human terms of a compassionate god, and why does 'he' let these things happen.
It's like a caveman thinking if he could just climb that tree a little higher he may be able to touch the moon.

- He's misunderstood what the moon is, or the method he would need to touch it.
( Completely out of his grasp at this point of time )
- He doesn't realize theres a huge distance between him and the moon.
- He doesn't realize the moon is a planet too. He's already touching one.

I don't think that helps your question much. But sometimes if you ask the wrong kinds of questions, you will never find an answer because there is none.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Totakeke

Let me repeat myself... the christian god created the concept of sin. The world is FULL of people who don't buy it!

Jesus' teachings were a whole lot closer to Buddha than the old testament.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
lol.. watching the ATS christian brigade systematically crash this thread and reply in mass until everyone bails. Making some popcorn

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by scared angel
Without free will we would just be robots, that means that some of us decide to act in such a way as to cause harm to others.

But if you take away free will, then we are nolonger individuals and we become nothing more than a collective of beings doing what they have been programmed to do ! Which to me is even more scary !!!

Ah, but you all ARE programmed robots. As I said in an earlier post, consider this:

Had any of you American flag waving Christians been swapped at birth with a baby born to a Muslim extremest, you would TODAY be yelling death to the infidels, death to the Christians. PROOF that many, most, of you are ALL just programmed robots! Your BELIEFS are NOT your OWN, they are not even a proven truth. FACT! Your beliefs are the beliefs of those that came before you, which have been placed, indoctrinated, programmed, into your minds! FACT.

Consider this carefully, because, like I said, you all could be being deceived and worshiping a false idol, a false god and false dogma .. invented by sinful egotistical man and his church empires ... for god only knows what reasons.

If god exists and wants us to know him or her, wouldn't you think you could find god, the truth, instead of a hand-me-down belief, all on your own? Does god really play hide-and-go-seek in all of these various different conflicting religions and churches? I find that hard to believe too.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   

God gives everyone an equal chance to find Him. I'll admit that I was born into a family that believes in God, but had I not believed in Him, I wouldn't be a Christian any more. Someone can be born into a certain religion but that doesn't require them to stay that religion. I was raised Christian and I decided to stay Christian, on my own.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by Totakeke]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   

The bible and every religion is so far from even touching on god it's not even funny.

I don't think we will know anything about god until science develops alot more.
We may get a few hints of realitys true nature when/if quantum physics matures, and when it can be tested in the real world.
Even then, I think it will be like trying to view gods face through a misty window, covered in mud.

But understanding reality a little better, is a step in the right direction.
So is understanding our past.

And so would open communication with aliens.
Wouldn't it be disappointing if aliens arrived and we asked them what they know about god, and they were as clueless as us about it.
It would mean that even with incredible scientific advances, we still would not be any closer to understanding god.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by T0by

But you don't need science to understand God. Science is a creation of man; science cannot explain God.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus

Ah, but you all ARE programmed robots. As I said in an earlier post, consider this:

Had any of you American flag waving Christians been swapped at birth with a baby born to a Muslim extremest, you would TODAY be yelling death to the infidels, death to the Christians.

EXACTLY. I wish more people would realize this. You can't debate it.
I've also said this before.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
God made you and me perfect for what we were put here to do.
Everything has a beginning a middle and an end.
Including US. Everything has a purpose.

If you've seen bad health that plagues people into their 80s, you'll see that it's actually merciful that at some point we do die.
Why else would people be so much in favour of Euthenasia otherwise?
Because they would like to live forever? Unlikely.

The body is a machine. That is all. Some are limos, some are lemons.
It isn't YOU. It's your vehicle.
If you believe in a higher creator, you know this.
You tend to take things a lot less personally when you believe in something greater than yourself.
And even the imperfect is perfect is my eyes.
Just being, is enough.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join