It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranians Revolt - Latest News

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Shots Fired at Massive Pro-Opposition Rally in Tehran

Shots Fired at Massive Pro-Opposition Rally in Tehran
By VOA News
15 June 2009

Hundreds of thousands of Iranian supporters of defeated reformist presidential candidate Mir Hossein Mousavi demonstrate in Tehran, 15 Jun 2009
Witnesses in Tehran say a protester has been shot and killed at a massive pro-opposition rally in the Iranian capital.

An Iranian photographer on the scene Monday said that armed members of a pro-government militia opened fire on the crowd, killing at least one demonstrator. The photographer's account has not been independently confirmed.

www.voanews.com...

Officials are estimating a crowd of over 100,000 people are on the streets.

It is important to note that the riot police were told to stand down.

peace.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I bet the riot police will be told to stand up again tonight though.
Even if just 30% of those 100 000 stay on the streets tonight,thats a major amount.Tonight could get nasty.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
iran.twazzup.com...

RT @StopAhmadi : "A doctor in Hazrate Rasool hospital confirmed 7 people killed in Azadi sq." #IranElection

There's more than 1 million people in the streets.

Dead:

img1.tinypic.info...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Viva la revolution. Let the green revolution bring down that crazy man.

Whenever a nation claims to be a democracy and than makes it obvious that it is no longer, revolt is the only end point.

Let those green soldiers of freedom march through the streets and run Ahmadinejad through the streets and beat him to death.

Mods, I'm sorry, but it needs to be said.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Excellent photos:

www.boston.com...

Feel the thrill...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Trouble is,the protesters believe Mousavi will bring about big changes when in actual fact he will be just as bad as Amadinerjhad,ran by the same clerics,with the almost the same laws.

Maybe he will allow women to show their faces and hair a bit more,but that will be all.
Which doesn't add up to much if your living under a theocratic dictaorship who would happily beat,torture and kill dissidents.

Mousavi is a percieved moderate in western media-in truth I do not believe he is any more moderate than the Ayotollahs who control him.

I hope I'm wrong,but I doubt it.

BTW,heres some photos of todays demonstranions via th excellent Cryptome website:

cryptome.org...

edit to add photos link!

[edit on 15-6-2009 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
If anything, these pictures should remind those of us who enjoy freedom of democracy to appreciate it and protect it at any cost.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Those are serious photos,good find.
Better than the cryptome link I posted.
The last 3 graphic pics say it all.
And the photo of the young girl in the gutter with the old man appearing to be telling her to get back to the kitchen or whatever....or maybe he could be offering his stick to help her up?Doubt it though.
Poor but brave people,they are in my thoughts.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Change comes slowly. Plus, consider this. if the riots get bad enough that they clerics force the old prez out and allow the new one in, do you really think he'd be inclined to do the same as the last guy, after having witnessed such patriotism and violence? Leaders fear for their lives during these times, and will do what the victors of such events want, least they become like the French kings in 1789.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I want to believe he would be better,but I don't know,looking at this guys past one digs up some quite bad apples.

Heres one:

1988 executions of Iranian political prisoners refers to the systematic execution of thousands of political prisoners across Iran by the government of Iran, starting on 19 July 1988 and lasting about five months. The main targets were the members of the People's Mujahedin of Iran (PMOI), although a lesser number of political prisoners from other leftist groups were also included such as the Tudeh Party of Iran (Communist Party).[1][2] The killings have been called "an act of violence unprecedented in Iranian history — unprecedented in form, content, and intensity."[3] Estimates of the number executed vary from 8000[4] to 30,000.[5][6] Great care was taken to keep the killings secret, and the government of Iran denies their having taken place, but with the large scale of the operation word leaked out from survivors.

en.wikipedia.org...

I think this was under Mousavi's watch,when he was Prime Minister.
This leads me to believe he could be quite a dodgey character,or at the very least one totally under the thumb of the Clerics.
Like I said before,I hope I am wrong.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I think that this has been brewing for quite some time as I work with a woman with an Iranian husband who has always said that this was coming. He said the western educated and younger people were tired of the restrictions placed on everyone and wanted Iran to move into the 21st century way of thinking rather than cling to the old religeous rules and traditions.

I don't think it really mattered who was the leader on the side of the people they just needed a face to put with what they were feeling - kind of like Yeltsin rode that wave in the Soviet Union. He represented what the people wanted whether he really started off feeling that way or not and, basically, had no choice.

I'm hoping it's already gone too far for the government to crush the movement - alla Tiananmen Square - but I wouldn't put anything past the leadership there if they are REALLY feeling threatened. The implications for the success or failure of this uprising are monumental not only in the region but geopolitically in the world. It sucks to not know what is actually going on there moment by moment.

I remember coming home from a night out years ago and for some reason turning on CNN at 3:00 am. When I saw the lines of tanks rolling into downtown Moscow I thought, wtf, this is a BIG deal. It's kind of like deja vu again... I do fear it will be 10x worse dealing with them moving forward if this fails but one can only hope for the best.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by Necrosis]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Well me too. But again, not even the Pope could use his title to stop the barbarians from coming into Rome. once the dominoes begin to fall, the hierarchy must go with it or fall down.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This so called 'peoples revolution' is another CIA operation for the Bilderscum - why would anyone here on ATS support it?

It is well known and reported that the CIA have been continuing operations to create political unrest in Iran - this is the outcome.

I recall a film clip where Ron Paul comments on this current CIA infiltration of Iran - be sure that the current rulers of Iran know who is behind this movement, they will (rightly) do everything they can to suppress it.

They people of Iran involved in this movement need to realize they have been duped by the CIA - not an idea they will take to readily.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It's over. He wants the protesters to fight with flowers. He thinks he's Ghandi, and thinks he's in India squaring off against the Brits.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

I am not sure if there is any truth in that.Its certainly possible there are some outside influences at work,and have been for a years,CIA-very probably are active in some way or other in Iran,as has been previously documented.

But is this entire sequence of recent events solely co ordinated by one particular outside group?

That I doubt.
Necrosis made a good point about the young western educated Iranians wanting change and freedom for ages.This is what I have heard from the handful of Iranians who I have met over the years,and very nice folks they were too.
I get the sense that there is a real desire for change,real change.
Those people,not all of them young are prepared to bleed and worse to try to get some more freedoms.
I just hope they can weather the storm now,and after any regime change, as that may be when the western Intel companies move in properly.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Speed of Iran vote count called suspicious

CAIRO (AP) — How do you count almost 40 million handwritten paper ballots in a matter of hours and declare a winner? That's a key question in Iran's disputed presidential election.

International polling experts and Iran analysts said the speed of the vote count, coupled with a lack of detailed election data normally released by officials, was fueling suspicion around President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's landslide victory.

Iran's supreme leader endorsed the hard-line president's re-election the morning after Friday's vote, calling it a "divine assessment" and appearing to close the door on challenges from Iran's reformist camp. But in a stunning turnaround on Monday, after two days of rioting in the streets, he ordered an investigation into the allegations of fraud.

Observers who questioned the vote said that at each stage of the counting, results released by the Interior Ministry showed Ahmadinejad ahead of Mousavi by about a 2-1 margin.

www.google.com...

Dinnerjacket and his crew of coupsters are soo toast! - the frikkin mad bunch of Ahmadinejad's Revolutionary Guard people stole the election to turn Iran into a Islamic dictatorship, and thought they were getting away with it!

The Revolution Is Dead! - Long Live The Revolution!

I'm Going Green!
Stand With The Iranian People!!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Can anybody else access www.presstv.com? Looks like google is blocking it or it's down.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Rest assured they don't expect change from Moussavi. That is what we are lead to believe when we are told they are Moussavi's followers or supporters.
Should the insurrection expell the mollahs, Moussavi will not be entrusted as a leader, he will be executed, maybe hang up.

There's a serious flaw in the way the news are reported. These people in the streets, they are not standing up for him. They are not Moussavi's followers or supporters like said in the medias. The change they want is the Ayatollahs out and a secular state. Moussavi fully supported the Islamic Revolution and did well in fighting its 'enemies'. Many rioters surely have family murdered under his order.
Our medias fails miserably to report an accurate situation. They honestly don't know what they are talking about or... there is another explanation.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Manouche

I do hope you are right Manouche,
Its true that all the protesters are being labelled Mousavi supporters in the west.
I just found another little nugget about Mousavi,this one from the Financial Times:

FT: Would Iran agree to suspend uranium enrichment if you were president?

Moussavi: No one in Iran would accept suspension.

FT: And you would not accept it, either?

Moussavi: No. The problem is that we had a bad experience with suspension. It was first done [2003-2005] to discuss issues and remove suspicion but it turned into a tool to deprive Iran of having access to nuclear technology. There is a bad memory in this regard.

www.ft.com...

Thats from April 2009.
I do hope the whole system is trashed and Iran gets its first decent government in decades,because if this guy mousavi gets in power through these protests,the global view of Iran is unlikley to change.
By that I mean that Israel will continue to attempt to force the US/allies into attacking Iran,with statements like we have seen recently,like "if the US won't deal with the Iran nuclear problem,then we will"

www.timesonline.co.uk...

However,I can see the logic of any country wanting a nuclear arsenal in todays world-Whos got the biggest influence in this world?Those with nukes.
Sad but true.
Maybe Tesla was right with his idea of all countries having the mighty death ray.At least we would be on a level playing field.
Sort of like a global mutually assured destruction deal.
Would that be better?Who knows.Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Girl gets shot in Tehran

"they're shouting "I will kill, I will kill the one who killed my brother"

I hope that young girl survived the bullets from the fanatical & insane Basij militia!

Basij Bastards!

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join