It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranians Revolt - Latest News

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Funny, how more people seem to find out about this on twitter then any major news outlet.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Mutually assured destruction only works (no destruction) when each member would prefer to survive. It doesn’t bode well for the entire state of things if there is a member of the group who would rather die or is looking for an opportunity to martyr themselves. Mutually assured destruction is not a comforting thought to me in these times.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
It's not CIA. Why would the CIA sponser something that would literally limit US influence in the area? You seem to forget that a more democratic iran means a more powerful, friendly Iran. That, in turn, lessens the justification of US presence. As more nations become friendly to the west and more democratic, what's the cause of war? The fact is that we didn't go to war with Iran because the war with Iraq was justified as spreading democracy, but Iran is a democracy already, so that logo would be invalidated and Iraq would no longer be a valid war. So the fact that this revolution is becoming more so a conflict between freedom vs theocracy means that it's very essence is in the direction of less US influence.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Yes, regarding nuclear, Ahmadinejad and Moussavi are on the same stance. I see no reason why the US would want one instead of another.

My personal opinion is that Iran don't want nukes tough. Nukes is a topic twirled around to make them appear like a danger to the world. They are a danger but for their people.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Here is a good video showing the amount of protesters in Tehran. www.ireport.com... It's amazing to see so many people coming together to fight for what they believe in.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

Well found.
That is horrible to watch.
Shooting a girl is inexcusable.
Disgusting.
If my government had its own militia going shooting dissidents,that would make me a dissident.A soon to be armed dissident.
These sick beasts who go around beating women (and men) and shooting the civilians deserve to be strung up.
Come on Iranian civilians!!!Avenge the dead.
Not that I think mousavi is the answer,they gotta burn down the whole system and start again IMHO.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Yeahh thats an amazing clip of the protesters,and shows the goverment there are powerless to do anything when the numbers are that big!

Looks like there has to be another election,a recount wont prove anything if the votes are suspect anyway

also best for all countries out side of Iran to keep their noses out of the election so whoever wins that one is not seen as a puppet for another country.Just watched this on newsnight and some American politician/diplomat when asked about what the white house thought about this said they shoudlnt take sides and let the people of Iran choose their own leaders

I do hope it doesnt turn into a masive bood bath out there

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

They don't need to listen to Mousavi, hes just leading the sheep to the slaughter. The military will fire on them as they have already shown.

They have to understand no matter how backwards it is, sometimes you have to fight for peace.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Very true.Peace must sometimes be fought tooth an claw.
Sorry for my last rant,I just think what would I do in the same situation,if that girl was my girlfriend/wife/sister/friend.
Bad things would happen before they took me down.
I hope bad things happen to the perpatrators of this.
Thats not a hate statement BTW,just what I think they deserve under the circumstances.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Obama said to Mousavi:
- Do it Mousavi.

Israel +Iran = no Hezbollah (good for business)

No Hezbollah = Demilitarized Gaza

= Palestinian enclave survives + more Israeli settlements (?)

= Peace in the Middle East.

Obama signs peace document and goes into History.
Obama gets Nobel Prize.

Revolution in America.
Obama runs to Bahama

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Sorry to all good people in America, but I found this comic piece on Twitpic, and I thought it was funny! - sorry guys!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7b25fefadbb4.gif[/atsimg]

Wonder if the artist is Iranian or American?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Thats Matt Bors,good style hes got.

AUTHOR: MATT BORS EDITORIAL CARTOONIST FOR UNITED MEDIA AND THE ACLU. SCRIBBLING IN PORTLAND, OR.

www.mattbors.com...

Edit!! DAmn am I late for the night shift...damn work oh well good luck Iran for tonight.
Ill have to catch up tomorro...no internet where Im going now.
Good thread.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Oh well seen as im already late for work,I may as well post this quickly,another nasty video from liveleak,another girl being hit hard by the riot pigs.

www.liveleak.com...

Sick.Hope hes gets payback for that.His momma would be proud...Coward.

Off too work I go this time.Later all.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Oh well seen as im already late for work,I may as well post this quickly,another nasty video from liveleak,another girl being hit hard by the riot pigs.

www.liveleak.com...

Sick.Hope hes gets payback for that.His momma would be proud...Coward.

Off too work I go this time.Later all.

www.liveleak.com...

What do you mean something kind of like this? I lolled hard when I seen this. Looks like the people aint' takin no spit anymore

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RenDMC

Reminds me of Battle at Kruger

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by seataka

"It was the CIA that overthrew the elected government and installed the Shah."

The Pahlevi regime goes back to the 19th Century, long before there was an OSS never mind CIA. What elected Government?

And please explain how the American Government is behind this. Not with the usual broad generalities but with specifics. Who, what, when, where and why, also how you come by this info. You know, the way 'real journalists" use to do it before what we have now.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

ABOUT THE CARTOON

Do not feel sorry for what is true. That Comic says something that needs to be said.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Stop the blocking now

Peter Horrocks 14:03 PM, Sunday, 14 June 2009

BBC audiences in Iran, the Middle East and Europe may be experiencing disruption to their BBC TV or radio services today. That is because there is heavy electronic jamming of one of the satellites the BBC uses in the Middle East to broadcast the BBC Persian TV signal to Iran.

Satellite technicians have traced that interference and it is coming from Iran. There has been intermittent interference from Iran since Friday, but this is the heaviest yet.

Any attempt to block this channel is wrong and against international treaties on satellite communication. Whoever is attempting the blocking should stop it now.

Peter Horrocks is the director of BBC World Service.

[edit on 6/15/09 by makeitso]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I too agree with those that say the CIA is involved with it. To that end I believe that one of the two leaders will not survive this uprising. Amadineghad is a madman. IMO. What better thing could the administration do then pretend to want peace with Iran and then create an uprising to get rid of him? JMHO.

I pray for the people in Iran who do want peace. Power to the people!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by boomerdude

For one, its pretty stupid trying to trap people by asking for
- names of CIA
- dates of CIA operations
- location of CIA operations

Are you really that naive? Do you really think that sort of information is readily available?
Stick your head in the sand if your must, if all your willing to accept are specific details of SPY activities.. your pretty blinded.

Of course the CIA are involved.
you'd be an idiot to believe they aren’t.

They aren’t 'behind it', but there’s definitely some CIA and mossad people amongst the rallies flaming it.
You know, like they do in their own countries?

There's many reasons why they’d be doing this

1. To see who the best contacts are for resistance
2. To see what the Iranian police/army does in a crisis
3. To gauge the response from the people
4. To spy
5. To make contacts for anti-government activities

Time to catch up, 830am here lots of reading to do.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join