It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranians Revolt - Latest News

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

The Iranian people are captive to foreign policy their leaders have taken.
This is not dissimilar to the position the Russian people were in during the Cold War.

this is just too close to home. A page taken straight out of the American book...except ours has quite a few more chapters...and ours are not only words...

no doubt their government are extremists and possibly directly support terrorists (though I have never scene the evidence presented)...just going off a logical conclusion from the facts you pointed out in your own post.

my main point was, these people are fighting the same fight that some here in america believe they are fighting. except in my opinion not even close to 1% what these poeple have been through.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by open_eyeballs]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

I was simply correcting an erroneous statement.

Right now I don't see a war starting over there so I am not going to even speculate on your questions.

As to why stay during a revolution? This is just my opinion but I imagine such things as armed revolt aren't like a schedule at a movie theater where you know when the next one will show up.

Edit: Typo

[edit on 15-6-2009 by GTORick]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by GTORick

As to why stay during a revolution? This is just my opinion but I imagine such things as armed revolt aren't like a schedule at a movie theater where you know when the next one will show up.

okey doke. the next time you see people raging on outside..with guns...storming roof tops...with guns....seeing police...with guns drawn..and such things, feel free to just wait there with your guns drawn...who knows, maybe you will have the bigger ones.

not lookin to split hairs with you man...i was making a point. you wanted to counter that with an argument. so i gotcha..well done

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Alo ha,
Am I on ATS? Have you people been following history?
Have you been following the Iran media hype?
Am I the only one who sees what's happening?
A few touched on it,
but most seem to think this is a developmental evolutionary revolution.

I see a well done job, at what the CIA does best,
destabilizing governments which are uncooperative.
You should have expected something like this.
Bill

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mrgalleria

That would be all fine and well and actually plan out accept for one thing. It would actually play out better for Ahamenjad to remain in power. If the Iranian people win this revolution, funding for Hamas and Hezbollah gets cut off, it will actually bring some stability to the region.

No imperialist governments will be able to justify a war with Iran. What is happening actually works against it.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
twitter updates:

Lots of streets throughout tehran are being blocked off. Described as Martial law.

News stations and the web are saying that the March at 4pm for Moosavi has been cancelled. Twitter is alive with reports that is false, and the MARCH is to go ahead

Twitter reports that the army and secret police have been given permission to use live rounds if the march goes ahead

Some on Twitter are saying police and army in some area's are joining the protestors.. It could signal a major turning point

Twitter is being used by both the Government and the people.

For the first time im seeing the value of twitter.
Back in the day, revolution occured with radio signals
Today is done via Twitter

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrgalleria
Alo ha,
Am I on ATS? Have you people been following history?
Have you been following the Iran media hype?
Am I the only one who sees what's happening?
A few touched on it,
but most seem to think this is a developmental evolutionary revolution.

I see a well done job, at what the CIA does best,
destabilizing governments which are uncooperative.
You should have expected something like this.
Bill

I knew immediately that if Ahmadinejad would win the elections, revolts would start to occur and that the best chance to start a coupe d'etat would be now. The Mossad and CIA are fully aware of that and are actively involved these days.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Edit: interesting twitters: www.h3x.no...

[edit on 15-6-2009 by Mdv2]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

people saying that army is split. people talking of coup. unconfirmed. we need army on our side. #Iranelection

twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Khamenei orders Guradian Council to investigate allegations of vote rigging:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Interior Ministry official leaking real results.Ahmadinejad may have won less than 30%.Mir Hossein Mousavi,had clear majority- twitter

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Khamenei orders Guradian Council to investigate allegations of vote rigging:

Ive just read the same on the AP. Seems like a strange turn around, but could be interesting

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Doesn't seem strange at all. It's merely an attempt to calm down the people.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Was just thinking about Israel in all this. If they are going to take out the nuclear facilities, tactically, I think tonight would be a prime opportunity.

To say the government and military are distracted, would be an understatement.

I am not for this, just trying to think as they might be.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
So there is a big protest taking place later today. Most news agencies are saying it's been canceled. a look at twitter would suggest otherwise

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Exactly.

To buy time,if people relax and go back to work expecting a turn around they are mistaken.
And would have given the government time to shore up a defense and find the leaders behind the group.

Ahmadinejad was SELECTED to remain by the Ayatollah.

Its either revolution over the Ayatollah, or Ahmadinejad stays!

RISE PERSIA!

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
ITs becoming obvious the Murdoch controlled media does not want Ahmadinejad to fail.

For what reasons, one can only speculate, but I believe Ahmadinejad at the helm means a conflict.

I feel for the people of Iran, the US is turning there back on them just like they did the Iraqis.

Iran right now, tonight, is ripe for revolution.
The people have shown there cards and declared an end to the Islamic regime. We need to get in there and back them.
We need to declare an acceptance to other world nations to back the people.

but no.. we are silent.
We will wait for the islamic regime to bring down this uprising with brutality.
Then we will continue the nuke argument and hit them.

Disgusting when the morals of the west are so obvious for the world to see.

I wish Americans had as much backbone as the Iranians.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

This is going to have major implications for Obama. He isn't going to be able to talk his way out of this one.

I hope the Iranian people are willing to do what is necessary for their freedom.

And Yes, News Corp., BBC, MSNBC, all want conflict. CNN is the only one trying to keep up.

The agenda has been exposed, but I fear most people are too stupid to realize it.

Total Media Blackout is about to happen when the March commences. At that point we can only wait and see what the outcome is.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by Hastobemoretolife]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
According to a lot of the tweets the people are mobilizing now to go to the rally.

I wish them all a safe and productive rally.

These students and protesters are heading out today knowing the threat of live ammunition has been made.

The definition of courage.

And I am ashamed of the US. Obama should have issued a statement in support of equal human rights for these protesters.

This is a link to a song from the play Les Mis, I don't know, I just think it fits.

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join