It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranians Revolt - Latest News

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Some old news, but the police on motorbikes are reported to be Arab, Hezbollah.

Protestors are hearing them speak arab amongst each other, and Iranian police/military appear to be turning against them.

The rally is about to start any minute, skirmishes are being reported across Tehran.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
The march has started
10's of thousands in attenadnace.
machine guns reported present.

here we go

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
This just came up on a tweet:

Khatami ex president of Iran arrested by police today in Tehran.

payamnegar.persianblog.ir...

Link to photo.

edit - not sure of accuracy.

[edit on 15-6-2009 by Ace High]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Some people are reporting strange guns being used.
that leave small black splinters in your skin

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c0d349782c02.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Obviously, there is a split between the religious leaders in Iran.

Iranians and Arabs are enemies, using Arab mercenaries against Iranians will make the armed forces join the people and refuse to support Ahmedinejad.

The Suni-Shiit game cannot generate any more life support in that region.

Remember how it was in Rumania? Not after long, the army joined people and Causesku was killed.

CIA and MI6 will support political change. Because, when situation settles down, it will be much easier to project their agenda.

New Iranian government will have to play along with the NWO.

But the problem with NWO is that this will be repeated in Europe and America, probably this very summer. Then we shall see who is who and what is what.

For every action there is a reaction. The rising oppression, by means of economical slavery, is going to provoke reaction by means of hanging them by their own ties.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Hmm,who is saying the police on bikes are Hezbollah-is that from twitter?
Sounds odd that--especially as the Iranian gov want the people to believe in and support Hezbollah.
If they are going about beating people up,this would make them disliked by the protesters.
And these strange guns sound ominous...maybe the black splinters are some kind of tracking type device(like the ink bombs you get in cash trucks).
Maybe the spli9nters can be detected by some kind of reader/scanner to indentify "trouble makers" at a later time?
Or maybe just some weird non lethal rounds??Anyone know anything else about this?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
they are saying arabs/hezbollah are being used because the military/police (iranians) are in some parts joining the protestors.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

That comment about the arab-speaking cops sounds strange to me as well.

If it were true, how much would it play into the hands of a lot of Iran's enemies?

Why do I get the feeling this is from a tweet?

That's the problem with Twitter here - there's no way of verifying who is saying what, and on what authority. No way - to my knowledge - of telling if they're even in Iran.

Take a look at this thread -a couple of pages ago, Mousavi was in jail, based on twitter comments. Turns out he wasn't, but it sure ratcheted up people's emotions to think he was. I'd be willing to bet that info could be traced back to a tweet.

A lot of people outside of Iran want this revolution to happen. I'm wondering if they're using twitter, facebook, youtube and all the rest to nudge things along...

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

that is true,
there's a lot of disinfo about.
who knows what to believe..

i say, show it all, sort it later.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I disagree. Strongly.

At this time - with tensions as high as they are - spreading false info will very likely get people killed. If someone tweets that Mousavi was gunned down by government forces or something like that, there will be violence, and people will die. Needlessly.

Spreading disinfo in this case is screaming Fire! in a crowded theatre.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

sad but true.

this is the ugly game they are playing.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Maybe we are getting the disinfo in the west,but in Iran they are probably getting a different set of disinfo-from their own governmnent.
If the PTB are using Hezbollah because their own security services are deserting,then this could be even closer to a full on revolution than I previously thought.
I would have thought that theres not a sufficent number of Hezzbollah to keep a lid on this now.
Does anyone know how many Hezzbollah are in Iran?
Respect to the police and security people who have joined the protesters.
They would pay a high price if they were caught.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

That's the problem with Twitter here - there's no way of verifying who is saying what, and on what authority. No way - to my knowledge - of telling if they're even in Iran.

Of course, reading main stream media gives us a verified truth.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Does anyone know how many Hezzbollah are in Iran?

If they are in Iran, they're out of Lebanon

I think Israel might use this situation and come in cahoots with the prospective new Iranian government and deal to Hezzbollah a decisive blow (they can create another one later).

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Doesn't seem strange at all. It's merely an attempt to calm down the people.

Exactly.

Is there anyone here from iran at all that is for the proclaimed winner as all we ever get is the wests view?

It would be nice to hear from somebody that is on the other side for a change. Surely someone knows something other than the west wants us to know.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
Of course, reading main stream media gives us a verified truth.

The difference is that the MSM is identifiable. Accountable, after a fashion.

I know to trust them as far as they can be thrown.

What's stopping me, here in Japan, from setting up a twitter account via a proxy, claiming I'm in Iran, and saying anything I want? Or doing the same with facebook?

Nothing.

The sad thing is, people will believe it because I say I'm there - and if this thread is anything to go on, will actually put MORE faith in what I say than what the MSM is saying.

I'd be willing to bet that there's a raftload of CIA and Mossad who caught onto this quite a while ago.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Here's what Washington Post says:

bigtweet.com...

The election results in Iran may reflect the will of the Iranian people. Many experts are claiming that the margin of victory of incumbent President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was the result of fraud or manipulation, but our nationwide public opinion survey of Iranians three weeks before the vote showed Ahmadinejad leading by a more than 2 to 1 margin -- greater than his actual apparent margin of victory in Friday's election.

Independent and uncensored nationwide surveys of Iran are rare. Typically, preelection polls there are either conducted or monitored by the government and are notoriously untrustworthy. By contrast, the poll undertaken by our nonprofit organizations from May 11 to May 20 was the third in a series over the past two years. Conducted by telephone from a neighboring country, field work was carried out in Farsi by a polling company whose work in the region for ABC News and the BBC has received an Emmy award. Our polling was funded by the Rockefeller Brothers Fund.

In politics, all that matters is the "Projection". You have a projection and you do anything to maintain it so it can endure for a while at least.

I especially like the use of "nonprofit" organizations, they are guaranteed non partial

The "Truth" belongs to the nonprifiteers

[edit on 15-6-2009 by DangerDeath]

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Werent hezbollah created in Iran,and then kinda spread thier agenda to Lebannon?
I'm not too sure on that point,but it is mentioned in Wiki...

The Hezbollah (HizbAllah) or Party of God, is an Iranian movement formed at the time of the Iranian Revolution to assist the Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini and his forces in consolidating power. Hezbollah is/was not a tightly structured independent organisation, but more a movement of loosely bound groups, usually centered around a mosque, whose "members" are referred to as Hezbollahi,[1] and who "generally act without meaningful police restraint or fear of persecution."[2] Hezbollahi initially attacked demonstrations and offices of newspapers that were critical of the Ayatollah Khomeini and are said to have "played an important role on the street at crucial moments in the early days of the revolution by confronting those the regime regarded as counter-revolutionaries,"[3]

en.wikipedia.org...

So maybe if they were created in Iran 30 odd years ago,they could well have big numbers,and act as a kind of backup security service.

Its interesting that the last time they were out enforcing the will of the Ayotollahs was during the early days of the Islamic revolution....The Ayotollahs must think the you know what is damned close to the fan for them to be used like this again.

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The sky news ticker is saying "tens of thousands"of Mousavi supporters are gathered in Tehran right now.
Thats a lot of angry people to police.
The MSM should be all over this with constant live feeds IMHO...instead we just seem to get the same 20 second clips of skirmishes from a couple of days back.
I do wonder is the MSM is backing off this story as it does not fit with the way they want us to think of the Iranians.
They have been trying to make us all believe that they are our enemy for years,now to show the reality of an oppressed and brave people rising up against tyranny would leave the MSM looking very silly,would it not?

posted on Jun, 15 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I really agree with what you are saying about the coverage. Maybe they don't want us to get the same ideas as the Iranians. We WOULD be fighting the same thing..

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join