It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 109
<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Right, I have been thinking about replying to this thread for a long, long time so here goes:
I first wandered into this thread when it was only a few posts long, i was bored looking through ATS and was just looking for some 'food for thought', well, i was intrigued, i had never heard of an OOBE or Astral Projection in the way you guys talk about them, a near death experience would be the closest I suppose, but to actively persue an OOBE, wow.

So anyway, sometime later i was lying awake in bed one night (could have been days or weeks later I can't recall now) I remembered reading this thread and decided to give it a go. The only thing I could think of was the ' imaginary rope over your head and pulling yourself up with your imaginary hands ' method lol that I had read about somewhere, well, needless to say i drifted off to sleep. I do not know how long I was asleep for, but then it happened; I heard a voice clearly say "It Is Time..." and with that a gushing wind type of sound surrounded me and my whole body felt like it was vibrating. Now this was such a shock to me that I woke up. I have to point out that I only realised this was normal when I re-read this thread the next day, I experienced the wooshing sound and vibrations without knowing anything about them.

When I awoke, I could sense or feel a presence in the room, its hard to descibe, it was really close to me, almost up against me, more on my left side than on my right (like someone was sitting or lying beside me) and yet all over the room also. I turned over and lay on my right side but I could still feel it there behind me. Now at this stage this whole episode had scared the crap out of me, I dont think I was ever as scared as that in my life. Then a thought popped into my head, this isn't going to stop unless I do something about it, I don't know where I got the courage from but I sat up, looked in the general direction of where I felt this coming from and said out loud in a trembling voice "Would You Ever F@#K OFF !" and almost instantly the whole 'feeling' or atmosphere in the room changed back to normal and I was left sat there looking into the dark, a bit bewildered and wondering wtf just happened.

I look in on this thread from time to time and I always meant to tell you guys about my experience but with work and one thing or another (life in general) I just never had the time and so many years have flown by already ! Lately I find myself thinking about what happened a lot and I have tried many times to OOBE but with no success. Why I said that particular sentence to it I have no idea because that's not like me at all, did I tell my 'guide' or 'helper' to F Off ? That sounds funny when I read it out loud

So there it is, my story, make of it what you will. I would love to hear your opinions on it and any advice/help/comments would be appreciated.

[edit on 6-4-2009 by badass]

[edit on 6-4-2009 by badass]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Octotom, from what I can tell, that was a full-fledged OOBE, or at least it was going to be.

Badass, that's an interesting story. I don't know if I would've been so harsh, but it seemed to do the job. If I was that spirit guide, I probably wouldn't help you out anymore, at least, not for a while.

Kresh7, it is very scary. Many times, I am close to projecting, and when I think about it, actually being out of my body, I get pretty scared. Especially if it was another being helping me out. But honestly, that's what I really want.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Havent had the time to read the entire thread, so this question might have been answered between pages 5 - 109. However, I am keen to get perspective on something that happened to my late father quite a while back.

On one occasion he was very ill and said that while he was lying in bed he left his body. He said he was floating above his body and looking down at himself laying in bed.

Is this connected in anyway to what is being discussed above?

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
hardstyleaz, yes it was harsh, but I had never experienced anything like that before and I was very frightened, like I said it was not like me to say something like that, the words were out before i knew what I said lol.

What concerns me now is, did I really cuss my 'spirit guide' out of it, do I have any chance of achieving an oobe now and can I make it up with it if that is the case ?

It was really full-on and overwhelming for a half-hearted first attempt lol.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Actually....I don't to hijack.....
But could somebody maybe suggest anything to me? Send a u2u if you like...

The first time I learned about out of body experiences, I started trying right away, it seemed fabulous, like a free drug trip or something haha....
A couple weeks later, one day, I went into my room and just laid down to give it another try. Fully conscious...I was out.....panicked...I was back....
Then after that I was not able to do it ever again no matter how much my understanding about it all grew, the fear went away, everything....for about a couple years....
THen one day in my dorm room I was resting in the afternoon and decided I should give it a try again. I had a blue comforter with clouds on it that I tucked up to my chin....and closed my eyes.
I was out....this time I really 'looked around' but I never left what I figured was a realistic visual representation of what I would see around me in the body, fully awake.
I saw my room, I saw who walked by in the hall...
Then suddenly I got this freakish sense of "what if I can't get back in my body!! What if that happens to people and demons take over or something..!"
Kind of childish maybe, I dunno....
I went 'back to my body' to see what I could do about this, determined to get 'back'
I looked down and noticed right away that my legs were covered in purple, not the blue comforter, and I was like...wtf....
Anyway, I tried to get back 'in' to my body, but I couldn't....omg....
I began to wonder if it was just because I was terrified that I would experience this and I caused it myself. As soon as I did, I got the zappies and kind of got sucked back into my own head or something odd that can't really be described....and sat up, opening my eyes immediately.
I looked around, feeling quite as conscious as when I was out, which I found really cool.
I then looked down at my legs, and noticed that my comforter had somehow been pulled off of me, was on the floor, and my purple PJ bottoms were what I was wearing....

That really sort of bothers me, I don't remember moving around while I was out, I don't think I would....
Anyway the thing is I haven't been able to get 'out' ever again since then, That was 2 years ago.
How is it I go from very little practice to a a successful OOBE in no time, and then can't do it again for a very long time....
Now I always fall asleep first or else just can't get the focus right or something.

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Badass, you really don't need help from anyone or anything else to experience an OOBE. A spirit guide or other being can just help you. I'm sure that if you are out of your body, think of the spirit guide (that's how you find people in the astral), and apologize, you will be forgiven. I'm pretty sure that you aren't the only one that has freaked out on a spirit guide. From what I can tell, spirit guides are understanding to such emotions, and can be pretty forgiving, if the offender is truly sorry. Not only can you convey thoughts telepathically, but also emotions (to an extent).

[edit on 7-4-2009 by hardstyleaz]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I have a question...

How come one of the more advanced astral travelers have never tried to take up the Randi Challenge?

I would if I could successfully induce an OOBE at will at any time. I know I could use an extra million dollars.

By the way, this is what I am referring to if you haven't heard of the Randi Challenge:

www.randi.org...

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by downinafrica
Havent had the time to read the entire thread, so this question might have been answered between pages 5 - 109. However, I am keen to get perspective on something that happened to my late father quite a while back.

On one occasion he was very ill and said that while he was lying in bed he left his body. He said he was floating above his body and looking down at himself laying in bed.

Is this connected in anyway to what is being discussed above?

Yes.
This is EXACTLY what we are talking about. Many folks have an OOBE in hospital under the effects of drugs. We are talking about this experience in a context of NOT drug induced nor from a sickbed........but a consciously pursued experience of our soul traveling 'out' of the body, and exploring other dimensions.

I wouldn't do the Randi challenge because my quest is for knowledge and experience, and not some kind of fame.......I do not think ANY really paranormally gifted person would want to bathe in such a light. Maybe some would but from my POV.......nope.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by hardstyleaz

the randi test is not just a test to win huge cash it is a trap and setup ,back in the 50`s the us government used gifted people to spy and to search the skies . these people where given numbered quadinates both in the world and in the stars ,there once was a book out about this work . the man is looking for the best of the best and do not doubt it ,they are fishing for candidates.again. as to randi he is as closed minded as they come

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
OOBE and spiritual growth aren't mean to be used to prove anything to anyone. Ego is the eater of experience. There are rules, using this for any ego-gain will inhibit your progress. This is a self-regulating system.

"Proof" is subjective. OOBE has been proven through independant scientific research by the Monroe Institute. You can lead a hourse to water, but you can't make him/her drink it. The same applies to science and objective proof.

With that said, do not limit yourself by fear. In the OOBE "relm", it seems as if you directly observe your thoughts as "reality". There is nothing other than yourself that will block your experience. No gods, angels, demons, satan. Whatever. It's YOU. Sometimes overcoming fears within yourself are harder to accomplish, and passing the blame on some mystical entity to easier. There is no free-lunch. Keep an open-mind and stay skepticle. Have fun and have no expectations. Intellectually trying to go OOBE is not the way to go. Let go, make an intent and let go of frustration.

This is my experience so far. Reality is a trip.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I have a question for anyone who can answer. I have had some unusual experiences while trying to fall asleep for many years now, what happens is when I'm trying to fall asleep and I start to drift off I often have a sudden feeling like I'm falling and my body usually my legs quickly jerk and I wake up, keep in mind this usually occurs for me between being awake and sleep. Any ideas if this is connected to OoBE?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Mtheory

From what I'm able to gather, the falling away sensation definitely could be related to an OBE, since one of the things people often say they feel is a sense of sinking into their bed.

Every now and then I have that falling feeling--I often feel like I'm running off a cliff--and then I'll jerk and wake up. I could imagine one simply wakes up instead of going out of body because one is often not persuing an OBE but just going to sleep and the sensation startles the body.

Edit to say: By the way, welcome to ATS Mtheory!

[edit on 4/14/2009 by octotom]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Ok i am hoping someone can help me out here. Me and a friend have been trying to induce OBE's and we are having the same problem. I don't have the time to pour through this whole thread and I was wondering if someone would be as kind as to give me some quick answers.

Here goes. I have had about 10 OBE's in my life and they all just kind of happened. I noticed a pattern that when I would do a lot of hemi sync meditations, OBE's would just sort of happen to me. I would be dreaming and once I went lucid the vibrations would start.

So yesterday I do some hemi sync and once I feel refreshed I start to consciously induce an OBE. I have tried this before with no success. Yesterday was very different. I made it into a trance state and consciously entered a dream. I was playing basketball and knew i was dreaming and I had just consciously entered a dream on purpose for the first time in my life. After what seemed like a couple of minutes I started feeling those familiar vibrations. After about 5-10 seconds I got excited and my egoic mind took over and the vibrations stopped. I noticed my breathing and heart rate increased and the vibrations ended.

Now this happened 2 more times. I induced the vibrations and got excited and they subsided. This is the first time I have actively tried and been conscious throughout the whole thing. Usually (when I have left the body) I dream (unconsciously first) then become lucid and the vibrations come. Being conscious throughout, I am more connected to my waking conscious mind and there fore the excitement comes.

So heres my question; what can I do to overcome the excitement? Is it just repetition and it goes away? Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
BTL

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
BringTheLight.......I have had problems with that same issue.

OOBE comes to me randomly and the more I want it the less likely it happens......I feel the vibrations come on and get so excited that I chase them away somehow....
I am trying very hard to remain emotionally Neutral and its not easy.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by bringthelight
So heres my question; what can I do to overcome the excitement? Is it just repetition and it goes away? Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi btl. My advice, forget the hemi sync . Depend on yourself and Right Intent. Practice pre-preparation during meditation: this should be of the Intent to sit up or step up from your body, like a well-practised martials arts move. It is a sense of 'seperating' that you are trying to inculcate, for you are crossing a boundary (the 3rd dimensional body barrier), and this is right intent.

(Next, take a break.)

After a few minutes of 'mind off the matter' have passed, return: this time, your doing direct preparation: use right intent to Intend the 'vibrational state' that you are familiar with. It is a calling out to the Soul. Let go, relax, place your mind in abeyance. The vibrations will come of their own, for your Soul is not stupid, and knows exactly what you want. As your dearest friend, if It deems it right (good vibrations!), it will assist you and bring the vibrational state directly to you (upon you) shortly after being called. One condition is mandatory as you attempt to learn this: absolute rigidity.

I suggest pure energetic calm throughout these two exercises. As you attempt to experience the rigid/vibrational state, your subconscious self will (with permission) assist in bringing your body to a rigid state. If you figit or twitch, you start over, until you can feel the rigid state take over. Remember, you are calling, simultaneously, the vibrations upon yourself with Intent. They will come as a natural sequence, if conditions are good.

Your pre-prepatory and prepatory exercises should be practiced in an all dark room, in silence, for 3-7 days before attempting to enage exteriorization, unless it is sensibly easy. You are trying to entrain yourself at this point with the state of 'always ready' to step from your body. And this should be done entirely alone, or only in company of someone you are in great harmony with (alone is best).

You are actually meeting your Soul when you achieve this, and it depends on each person's spiritual-evolutional level of development. After awhile, you will learn this manuever, and be able to exteriorize at will, given conditions are 'good.'

Excitement and Fear should never be a part of it, because it takes a warriors spirit to break their own Egg from Within. This will take you from 'random' to 'self-willed.' I've been doing this for almost 4 decades.

Calm, and Knowing, are key. Sort of like caring, but not caring; detached, but not indifferent. The ability is absolutely accumulative, like a slow drip filling up a water-glass, when it nears full, you will 'pop,' following these directions. In time, you will be able to fill the cup by dipping it in the ocean of awareness.

Forget the excitement, which stems from the state of mind...it is the same as a child in a toy or candy store, over-anxious about getting their toy, or whatever. Warrior Spirits just do the work.

I may add that all have an actual Earth Boost available to them right now, and few are taking advantage of it, either because of not knowing about it, or not believing it. This speeds the actual accomplishment up by many times. Remember, you are planting and nourishing a Seed; you cannot just push it to grow, though you can tend it with luv, and see that it is watered as much as it needs. Everyone can do this who desires and Intends. As simple as making Apple Pie....starting with the Seed.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SS,Naga

Thank you for the response SS. I am glad our paths have crossed again.

The last time I was successful, I was not actively trying to pop out. It happened about a month ago while i was dreaming. I became lucid and I let the vibrations completely envelop my body. There was no excitement because I was in a different frame of consciousness. Once I was enveloped I gave one big push and sat up and I was off. I explored my house and saw my roomate cooking mac and cheese downstairs (which she was). Very cool experience.

Now I was actively trying yesterday so my accomplishment of bringing on the vibrations, invited my ego mind to the party and it got excited like a child. I know it all has to do with intent and I will try your method of focusing on sitting up.

The problem is staying calm enough to let the vibrations envelop me. I was in a different state when they came to me yesterday. I will try again and I guess with more practice, I know I can do it and I can block out the excitement.

It kind of reminds me of my meditations. When I would start to see things with my eyes closed I would get excited and they would fade. I taught myself to not get excited, judge, or think about what was happening. Once i did this I got to the point where I could be on a beach with crystal clear vision and a complete block out of my physical body. Just writing this made me realize its the same thing!

Thanks again for your help. I will report back any success.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Lately, the past few weeks, I haven't been having an OOBE, but I have been dreams about them. I would dream that I was having an OOBE. It's the weirdest thing. But I know that they are only dreams, because I can definitely tell the difference.

Last night, I had the most amazing dream. I can't even begin to explain. Part of it consisted of how this universe is only a tiny part of the whole realm of existence, and how we haven't even scratched the surface of what is really out there. And even though this is just a dream, I think that there is truth behind this. I know that there is more out there. I'm sure that most people do. That is partly why this site is here. But I have come to an important question:

If there really are multiple realities, as there are different "frequencies" to tune into, can these other "frequency worlds" be just like ours, and possible a native home for other beings?

I think that not only could there be life in other parts of the universe, I think that it may be possible that there is life in different "frequencies."

If I sound crazy, or maybe a little too out there, I'm apologize. I have just awaken from this amazing dream, and am contemplating on it. I know that you can only take most dreams with a "grain of salt," but this one really got me thinking. Any advice, criticism, opinions, thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by hardstyleaz]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by hardstyleaz

This guy sums it up nicely. Mentions the various realities that exist in other frequencies that we can tune into.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

Thanks a lot! I listened to about half of the video series. I will watch the other half tomorrow. This is pretty ground-breaking in my opinion. I will edit this when I finish.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
*Sorry if this has been posted before in here*

Here's part 1 of a C2C interview with nuclear physicist Thomas Campbell. He talks about his journeys in exploring the non-physical (through OOBE) with Bob Monroe and the scientific research into OOBE and other various states of consciousness. Very, very awesome.

Once this happens to you, there's no turning back. I am a soldier on my 2nd deployment to Iraq. This randomly started happening to me about 14 months back. It's not a dream, it's VERY real. Until you expeirence it, you should stay open to the possibilities. Once it does happens, you MUST keep that open-mind, but you gotta stay skepticle. There's alot of mis-information out there. Ultimately, it's a subjective experience that only YOU must accomplish and understand.

Awesome work by those who frequently post and guide others in this thread. Your words are spot on and not full of mainstream new-age crap.

new topics

top topics

<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

join