It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

conscious Oobe....It's Real!!

page: 107
<< 104  105  106    108  109  110 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mischief2013

Everything your asking is already covered in this thread.
Reading suggestions......different techniques.....the WORKS.....
If your SERIOUSLY interested you will take the time to READ what has been put forth here, free to all those who are seeking help.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Thought I would repost this here, I am very excited that i am starting to project again as it has been awhile.

Just wanted to share a Astral travel experience I just had about an hour ago. I believe it definitely has to do with using a dream journal and meditating. For the past 2 months I have had a schedule of meditating at least once a day and writing down my dreams every morning.

So here goes....

I came home from work at around 5 and I was dead tired. I decided to take a little nap before my gf got home from work. I lied on my back and visualized myself standing up in front of my bed facing my door. I was looking at my profile from my bed. Once i could visualize myself standing there I tried transferring my awareness. I was picturing what my double was seeing through his eyes staring at my door.

Next thing I know the waves of vibrations started. I have done this before it has just been about a year or so since it last happened. I moved into a new place and I stopped meditating and writing down dreams. I just got back in the swing of things and the projections just started up again tonight and I am VERY excited. Now I know that meditation and feeling my light body has everything to do with projecting.

So back to the vibrations. For me it comes in waves, like a pulsing of intense vibrations that are pretty much indescribable. Almost like a full body orgasm but more intense. Then you get the high pitched frequency's in your ear. I realized what was about to happen and said "ok here we go!" and with one big push I was out. I went for my door and went down the stairs. I was wandering around filled with excitement and there were so many things to try. I was trying to move things to prove that I was out but couldn't.

Then I saw my roommate get home and start cooking mac and cheese. I tried yelling and touching her to make her aware that I was there but she didn't react. I then went back for my body and just laid in it feeling the amazing vibrations and enjoying them. I somehow knew my girlfriend was home and wouldn't you know it as I came too i heard her foot steps. She said hello and I asked If my roommates mac n cheese was done and she said "how did you know that?!"

I feel so up lifted and happy that im back in the game!!

My advice to all: make a schedule, meditate at least once a day and write down your dreams every morning and amazing things will happen!

What a feeling it is to experience your soul as a separate entity from your body first hand! I do not fear death!!!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess

Everything your asking is already covered in this thread.
Reading suggestions......different techniques.....the WORKS.....

I'm sure it was covered in the thread. But my question was also about if i was actually close to astral projections Or was it just me.

Also river goddess since its been like 4 years since u started this thread how adept are you at aping now? Im only on page 9 of this and i dont really have much time to read even though i want to eventually finish so sorry if im asking questions that were answered already.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by mischief2013]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

Hey thanks for sharing your story this is truly interesting. I've been trying to project for a while now. W/ little to no results. Still havnt gotten out. When im trying to project how can u differentiate your astral hands from your real hands? Sometimes i think i might be moving my astral hands but end up moving my real hand and that throws me off a bit. So how do u know what hands your moving?

Also i listen to hemi sync tapes to help me get out of my body and if i project and im out of my body will i still hear the tapes in my ear even if im out of my body?

[edit on 10-3-2009 by mischief2013]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   

hey mischief, what books are you reading? Robert Bruce gives some cut-through-theBS training techniques. How long have you been attempting OBE for? Everyone could benefit from "Mastering Astral Projection: 90-day Guide to Out-of-Body Experience", I got to day 11 and got lazy.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Inkrinhuminge

our physical heart is just fine

Yea, i always get a strange heavy feeling in the centre of my chest and it does feel like my heart is running FAST. I also was quite worried about this especially the deeper into the trance I got, but then I read the same Robert Bruce section telling me not to worry, as soon as I stopped worrying about it, the feeling became quite nice and soothing!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Wow this is a pretty serious topic, very hard to remain skeptic when there are so many people with these claims...

Maybe this has been discussed already in the forum, at the moment I'm not motivated enough to crawl through 107 pages to find out, but I was thinking if one person can "yank" someone out then surely everyone here who can have these out of body experiences could have a sort of get together of the souls and I dunno say a couple of phrases that the other person couldn't possibly know if they hadn't met up in the place.

I mean everyone who didn't take part in it would still be unsure but those that can do it but think it's all in their head could be reassured.

Just a thought, have no actual experience in the matter, I would love to be yanked out myself though but I'll probably never get "out" on my own as I find meditation really hard cause there's always noise and things going on in my house nearly every hour of the day, oh well.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Thing with that is, that can still be faked (via email/ U2U) so the skeptics will still have an excuse to claim it's all BS.

There is a sort of meeting place set up. Astral Pulse Island I think it's called. Google picture search it and you'll find it
Maybe people could meet there, or someone artistic could make an ATS Astral meeting place. Just visualise being at that place, and apparently you'll create it if you can AP. (I've never had an OoBE but I've heard that this is possible)

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Inkrinhuminge

i am reading Journey out of the body by robert a. Monroe.
Have some other books that i havnt gotten to. Since i've been really off and on i would say i've been trying for maybe 2 years. But recently is the most consistent i've ever been. I'm trying almost every night. And very interesting about the heart chakra because i was always wondering why my heart would start beating so fast after a while.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
When I first read about OBEs (Robert Peterson), I could hardly imagine they were real. But it sounded so amazing...
For years, I had been trying to have one, but to no avail.
More or less gave up and started focussing on meditating.
After some months, quite unexpectedly, I had the greatest experience of my life, almost horrifying. I had my first OBE! The last one has been some time now, because life has become so busy. It was fun while it lasted, though. Perhaps I should try again. The technique that worked in my case, was really quite simple: Lay down, close the eyelids, stare into the black void and don't move. Either you'll fall asleep, or you'll go out of body. Well, that is my experience at least.
OBEs are so wonderful. There is so much more to life, than we can see...

Anyway, I wanted to pose a question :-)
I was wondering if some of the OBE-ers here, could tell if daily life has changed, since having them? If so, what has changed? Also, has your sixth sense improved? Just curious...

Thanks,
Q

[edit on 10-3-2009 by qwertie]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by qwertie

qwertie,

Congratulations! Please tell us more about your experience!

Last night I sort of had a breakthrough. I was able to lucid dream again. I had a few conversations with old friends.

At one point in the conversation the lady I was talking to said something incorrect about what had happened in her past. I corrected her. I then thought it was odd that she forgot the circumstances of that important event (a loss of a dear friend) and I came to the conclusion that I was dreaming. At that point I looked up in the sky and attempted to project however I don't seem to remember anything really happening unfortunately.

Oh well, keep trying I guess!

Obsidience

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by qwertie

Congrats Qwertie on your oobe, Im still struggling to have one i've heard from everyone its very real and wonderful and really want to have one.

Can you tell me what your astral limbs feel like compared to your real body parts? Like when your trying to project how do u not move your real arms when trying to move your astral arms? How can u differentiate them?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

i cant speak for everyone but the few times i went OOB i had no limbs....i was more of a ball of energy with sight and a concious

oh and by the way iv had an OOBE since my last post and it was very unpleasant...the last few chances iv had i would get too scared for some reason (this is only recently) and rivergoddess said some cheerfull words, so the time i had the chance i took it....shot straight through my roof, and saw something i cant explain that scared me so bad i instantly returned and got out of bed breathing very deeply, and even though i was back i still felt terrified...

i feel like i may need to read up on that psychic defence

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Obsidience,

That sounds great! They say, having a lucid dream is a great point to start an OBE, too.
Apart from that, I am sure it must be fascinating to have a lucid dream, because you become the director of the dream. Never had a lucid dream myself, unfortunately.

Depending on the technique you use, I feel that attempts at having an OBE, don't necessarily always result in an OBE. They can give you another type of metaphysical experience as well, I believe. Whatever the result, if it is out of the ordinary, then consider it to be a success. Welcome it. Do not feel disappointed. Lucid dreaming is something special and is your ticket to more fascinating experiences! Consider it as positive feedback, telling you that you are doing a great job!

Personally, I found that patience and commitment are invaluable. Equally important, I found that striving too much for OBEs was actually counterproductive in my case. Emotions get in the way...

Anyway, my last OBE already dates from Dec 6th. Life has become too busy and there is too much stress at work. My mind is running like crazy while trying to meditate...

Following the advice from different sources, I kept a diary right from the first OBE.
As you asked, here is a description of my first one. It was both fun and scary at the same time. Best experience of my life :-)

---------------------------
Excerpt from diary:

On the morning of Feb 7th, 2008, I was lying in bed and looking into the black void (looking with closed eyelids). At the same time, I could also feel the navel chakra, but it was not very intense and it wasn't for a long period. I kept looking though.

Nothing really spectacular seemed to happen. In fact, it seemed like a "less good" meditation session. The alarm on my cellular went off at 6:40 AM. So, I turned it off and continued looking and looking..

Ok, here it comes ;-)
While my right hand was lying right beside me, I noticed my hand started to float.
That's odd, I thought, but I just let it go. It was fascinating. It started floating even higher..

All of a sudden, I both heard and felt an enormous ripping and tearing sound. Never experienced anything like it before. It was gigantic and seemed to take minutes. Had I not read about this before, I would have been scared to death.
Before I knew it, I was falling down. And I kept falling down, down, down and down at high speed. I felt like a projectile.
Then I said (thought) "I want to see! I want to see!" and I saw clouds, against a blue background, first noisy, then more clearly. (Although it was still dark here outside, 7:43AM at the time of writing this) I asked to bring me to me ex-gf, but I kept flying, so I asked for another destination, but forgot what it was.
I ended up in a small room. Couldn't remember having it seen before. There was a book shelf with books that reminded me of belonging to my parents. It seemed, as if the letters were "mirrored". Right next to the books, there was a dark brown closet with female clothing and underwear. While inspecting the closet, the door of the room went open. I had a feeling that, I should go have a look outside.

There I saw a man with long hair jumping (dancing) around, while playing a music instrument. Lots of people watching him. Suddenly, most of the spectators left, while I stood there watching.

Then I woke up, in my bed.

--------------------------

Please note, that I was only trying to meditate (Hieu Doan's Meditation Mastery), which explains why I am talking about the navel chakra. The OBE was really a pleasant surprise :-) Even though, it may sound like a dream, I was always aware and felt wide awake.

Q

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dowhatyoufear3
i feel like i may need to read up on that psychic defence

I was once told to focus your mind on the navel (two finger widths below the belly button) or heart chakra, when you feel threatened. I should have to look up as to the why of this...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mischief2013
reply to post by qwertie

Congrats Qwertie on your oobe, Im still struggling to have one i've heard from everyone its very real and wonderful and really want to have one.

Can you tell me what your astral limbs feel like compared to your real body parts? Like when your trying to project how do u not move your real arms when trying to move your astral arms? How can u differentiate them?

Thanks, just keep going. Don't feel frustrated or become impatient. I also feel, it can be helpful if you just read about the subject and people's experiences.

How do my body parts feel?
Well, I have never actually tried touching the astral body.
On the other hand, if anything moves (hands, arms, legs, eyelids, torso, hair...), it just feels exactly like my physical body.

When trying to project, I am actually being quite passive. All I do, is watching the black screen with my eyes closed. Then, at some point, I will suddenly feel a body part moving. This can be a leg, an arm, or the entire torso trying to roll itself. I remember my head lifting up in the air once and I was wondering why I was doing that, because I was meditating. Turned out, it wasn't my physical head :-) Sometimes, I wondered why I lifted my legs, but I didn't :-) I suppose you could say, I am not actively trying to get out, but I simply witness my astral body going out of body, which actually is the most fun part of the process for me.

-----
Here's another quote from my diary:

I saw the black screen jumping back and forth at me for several times.
Then, I felt my feet rise up into the air, followed by legs and torso..
Yes, I thought, another OBE!
All of my body was in the air, except for my head, which was still lying on the pillow. I was literally hanging around and upside down! :-)
Then I started spinning around. I felt my hair being ruined into a mess at the back of my head. I was spinning so hard, that I was wondering if I scraped off some hair on my pillow. I began to spin harder. I was spinning so damned hard, that the process of spinning around started to make a high pitched sound, like a centrifuge. In the end, I detached from my physical body and fell down again, at high speed really. While falling down, which seemed to take forever, I repeatedly screemed "I want to see! Can someone help me?"
-----

It was great, really! :-)

All of this felt quite real. It felt like my physical body hanging upside down. It felt like my physical body spinning around. It felt like my physical head rotating in the pillow. I heard convincing sounds while rotating. And yes, I did check in the mirror for any bald spots after having returned from the OBE. ;-)
It was that real...

Q

[edit on 11-3-2009 by qwertie]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
thank you so much for sharing your stories. If are willing to post more i would love to hear them.

i was wondering if im listening to something such as a tape and if i astral project will i still hear it?

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
wow this is a long lasting thread. any websites you guys suggest for me to read up on this subject?
I'm curious exactly what this is.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I was out with some struggle last night......but as soon as I was fully out I seemed to get sucked right back in......like my body and soul were magnetized.
Nothing happened....I didn't learn anything new....I was unable to maintain being OUT...
I have been pretty sick with a bad flue.....and I am not close to well yet. I did not feel ready for any adventures last night, so popping out was a surprise, and I struggled a bit to stay out, but gave up really quick.

reply to post by dajanksta

instead of a website...why not read THIS thread? this is really the best source of collected info on this subject you will find on the net.....do a search for yourself and you will see I am right. lol....I swear I am not pulling your leg.

[edit on 15-3-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
hello im new to this site and quite new to the whole experience of astral travel. i am 16 years old and from the uk. i dont feel to comfortable sharing this but i feel comfortable i wont be ridaculed. a couple of weeks ago i awoke from a nights sleep. i decided since it was the weekend id treat myself to a lye in. as i felt my body fall asleep, my body started vibrating immensley, my teeth actually hurt. i heard a sound like a jet engine starting up couple with a sound of gusts of wind. for some reason i didnt panic..until i felt my legs begin to rise. i went to grab the back of my bed to steady myself but my body was paralysed. i had never experienced this before. i was truthgully intrigued. i posted on unexplained-mysteries.com about my experience and a user said that i was experiencing the start of astral projection, that day i spent hours studying it and was fascinated. through the week i was still lookin on the net for info on this amazing phenomenon. the follwing saturday i had another experienece, the vibrations flooded in but this time i wasnt as worried as my body felt like it was shifting. but then i heard a voice, and i got scared and jmped back into my body. the next staurday it once again happend but this time my arm was the first to rise. i once again heard a voice and was contemplating whether i should try to leave my body. i heard the voice again and opened my eyes and the veiw of my bed spread draped over my eyes startled me and i jumped back into my body. anufa experinece was once again on a saturday morning, the vibrations flooded in and i remember lifting my arm and i could see rignt through it, i was amazed. i also becamse lucid in a dream last weekend and as i awoke from the shock of becoming lucid the vibrations flooded in. even tho i have experinced many chances to leave my body i cant. i really want to experinece this fascinating phenomnon but i need some help, is it possible to ''ask'' any inhabitants of the astral realm to help me leave? will they listen to my please? im sorry if this sounds quite farfetched but i have honestly experinced these things. any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

new topics

top topics

<< 104  105  106    108  109  110 >>

join